The January Window ( merged )

Bauld

Barcelona seemingly going to sign Griezmann from Atletico Madrid on 1/7/18 when his buy out clause reduces to 100 million euros from it's current 200 million eueo figure

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Barcelona seemingly going to sign Griezmann from Atletico Madrid on 1/7/18 when his buy out clause reduces to 100 million euros from it's current 200 million eueo figure

Presumably that all hinges on Atletico carrying out due diligence and credit checks on Barca?

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

So they've spent over £200m this window already? Thats obscene.

2 hours ago, OTT said:

So they've spent over £200m this window already? Thats obscene.

Surely 1/7/18 is the next window..

Added to that they got in 200 million from the Neymar transfer which as it was to meet a release clause must have been paid up front.. They have then signed Dembele and Coutinho.. Both for around 100 million each and the rest is in add ons that they will have to pay over the course of the next few years.. 

I think they have probably done pretty well with the money.. 

The Internet
5 hours ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

When did Barca transfer ban end?

if there ever was one.

Almost 3 years ago. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The club from Govan rely on ST money. This has been obvious for a long time and concomitant to their meaningless pursuit of McInnes. He had to resign and he was never going to do that. They simply couldn't pony up the dosh

August Landmesser
17 hours ago, sairyinthat said:

It's nothing to do with wages it is the players club applying the pressure game so They coerce a club to pay a bigger share of his wages.Hearts will probably Not play that game Losers possibly will.Don't see a problem.

Indeed. We're still firmly looking at value for money in signings. The fact that Hibs have got aging (and deteriorating) players like Anthony Stokes, Efe Ambrose, and Stephen Whitaker amongst others in their huge squad clearly shows that they're flinging cash around desperately. That will backfire once Lenny and McGinn go and leave them with a squad full of clapped-out duds

7 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Indeed. We're still firmly looking at value for money in signings. The fact that Hibs have got aging (and deteriorating) players like Anthony Stokes, Efe Ambrose, and Stephen Whitaker amongst others in their huge squad clearly shows that they're flinging cash around desperately. That will backfire once Lenny and McGinn go and leave them with a squad full of clapped-out duds

Correct add in Bartley and McGregor who are in their 30s the hobos are in trouble. 

9 hours ago, RS86 said:

Screenshot_20180107-002354.thumb.png.c9c56db5d997076bffa4d6fd415467c9.png

:lol::rofl::lol:

That’s the problem with being a start up with no history, difficult to prove credit worthiness...

The Internet

There seems to be a legitimate chance Arsenal will sell both Sanchez and Ozil this window.

14 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Any more news on the Dutch striker, English LB or Swiss winger?

If we are interested in these players I hope we have really investigated them I wouldn't like to find like I did this morning in the paper it was Aces we were bidding to get and we were unaware of it,as in McLarens case.

Jean Louis Valois

No pant wetting here at all, but it always seems we drag our heels big time in transfer windows. It's not as if it's not been obvious the past 4 months what we need in our squad, hopefully their are deals in the pipeline and we are just keeping things quiet. Need to get any new players integrated in the squad by the derby.

1 minute ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

No pant wetting here at all, but it always seems we drag our heels big time in transfer windows. It's not as if it's not been obvious the past 4 months what we need in our squad, hopefully their are deals in the pipeline and we are just keeping things quiet. Need to get any new players integrated in the squad by the derby.

I agree but perhaps some agents and target players ‘sit on the fence’ in case hibs or sevco come knocking...

On 07/01/2018 at 08:21, Sir Gio said:

The club from Govan rely on ST money. This has been obvious for a long time and concomitant to their meaningless pursuit of McInnes. He had to resign and he was never going to do that. They simply couldn't pony up the dosh

Correct. Now we know why he stayed at Pittodrie 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I am confident the Dutch boy will arrive another 6ft 4 striker. The Eagle has landed will be the headline. Hopefully a 6 month fix for left back by the time we go to Spain. 2 most important for me beyond extensions

From what I’ve been told by someone pretty reliable in the game is that the interest in Cummings is still there and we are trying to do a loan for him. No idea if it will come off or not but my source thinks that he would come to us. 

JamTartsFan4
3 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

From what I’ve been told by someone pretty reliable in the game is that the interest in Cummings is still there and we are trying to do a loan for him. No idea if it will come off or not but my source thinks that he would come to us. 

Not happening 

2 minutes ago, LoveNgoo said:

Left back incoming from EPL

Good to hear. Any idea which club?

Just now, 8skacel8 said:

Good to hear. Any idea which club?

Is this the man utd one thats been rumoured?

Is BorthwickJackson not away back to Man U from Leeds? Man U fans seem to like him esp going fwd but Leeds n Wolves fans have torn him to shreds.

rudi must stay
30 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I am confident the Dutch boy will arrive another 6ft 4 striker. The Eagle has landed will be the headline. Hopefully a 6 month fix for left back by the time we go to Spain. 2 most important for me beyond extensions

When he signs he'll say it was his dream to play in Britain, and they'll say 'it's dream on for the big dutchman'

5 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Jamie Maclaren pictured with Hibernian head coach Neil Lennon

Hopefully they wont be smiling come 4pm on the 21st.

He looks about as keen as Matt Doherty did when he signed. How'd that pan out?

2 minutes ago, cameron79 said:

That guy on the left is he the Aussie Ace?

5 minutes ago, cameron79 said:

Image result for matt docherty hibs

2 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Aye Maclaren.

24 minutes ago, sadj said:

Is BorthwickJackson not away back to Man U from Leeds? Man U fans seem to like him esp going fwd but Leeds n Wolves fans have torn him to shreds.

Leeds fans getting torn into most of team that lost to Newport in FA Cup yesterday. 

Newport certainly had free rein down his side of pitch yesterday. 

50 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

I think we have hoodwinked the vermin again - cunningly disguised Nowak as an Aussie ace striker!!!

46 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Matt Docherty’s interview post 5-1 ???

One of the best things ever. Complete contempt for that lot 

"It could have been any number today, we were terrible"........ Never a truer word spoken 

...a bit disco
1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

:pleasing:

Haud oan Clerry.

Ashley Smythe-Broon was rumoured to be an 'EPL Left Back' too!

:whistling:

Tynie-Tempah
On 06/01/2018 at 13:24, Debut 4 said:

When did football lose its individuality?  

I know players are touted around a lot of clubs but its cringeworthy the way Hibs end up after players we are. Seems that way recently. They certainly seem determined to gazump us. Are they scared?

I want my club to have its own vision and structure as to how it builds its team. Not join the raffle for players 10 other clubs want.  

I know it's sometimes unavoidable in the Bosman age but I hope we always have our own vision and preference of player that will outdo others. 

i think you have thought about this way too much.  I highly doubt hibs have ever taken a player purely because hearts were interested.

2 minutes ago, Tynie-Tempah said:

i think you have thought about this way too much.  I highly doubt hibs have ever taken a player purely because hearts were interested.

You say that but it's become weirdly common since we took the kid Dylan bikey from under their noses

Hearts rumoured to be interested in Whittaker then hibs rumours start, same happened with Lafferty and nial McGinn now this aussie guy, I'm not one for paranoia usually but maybe the bikey situation actually did annoy lennon that much

1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

You say that but it's become weirdly common since we took the kid Dylan bikey from under their noses

Hearts rumoured to be interested in Whittaker then hibs rumours start, same happened with Lafferty and nial McGinn now this aussie guy, I'm not one for paranoia usually but maybe the bikey situation actually did annoy lennon that much

I don’t think it’s a coincidence we are always linked with the same players. Agents will be touting these players to both clubs

3 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

I don’t think it’s a coincidence we are always linked with the same players. Agents will be touting these players to both clubs

Correct. Two clubs of a similar size in the same league will have a lot of convergence on signing targets. 

AlphonseCapone
29 minutes ago, Musemic said:

How's the weather in Peebles?

This was rumoured about a week ago and was subsequently confirmed that we'd dropped our interest in him at the end of last week

:rofl::rofl:

The post you quoted was from the 27th Dec ya radge.

Archived