The January Window ( merged )

Bauld

11 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

These sort of comments work two ways. What you find tedious does not apply to everyone. What have I said in my last comment that is a problem? It is a direct quote from Craig Levein in answer to a quetion raised at the AGM.

I am looking forward to seeing what standard of player we are goping to bring in now that we seem to have changed how we identify players we want to bring to the club.

I agree that Berra, McLaughlin and Randall are all decent signings albeit that we may struggle to keep McLaughlin and Randall is obviously a loan player and will return to Liverpool presumably.

I'm not sure when you became an expert at mind reading though when you are telling me what I would have said. :laugh:

One doesn't have to be an expert; your track record says it all.

We will buy the best we can afford and like with all signings some will work out while others won't.

I think you just like to keep the pot boiling...

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

One doesn't have to be an expert; your track record says it all.

We will buy the best we can afford and like with all signings some will work out while others won't.

I think you just like to keep the pot boiling...

No different to you then with the pot boiling. Happy New Year when it comes.:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

No different to you then with the pot boiling. Happy New Year when it comes.:thumbsup:

Same to you Davy.  I hope it's more cheerful than this year has been.

So lets get this straight whoever wanted to sign the crap players and the person who  allowed the signings are to blame for utter incompetent management.

Or is no one to blame ?

2 hours ago, cocobeab said:

Bain to Hibs on loan according to BBC tonight 

I'm surprised that a goalkeeper is the priority for the Hobos

I only want Hearts to bring player's in who are going to improve our squad long term.  If we can't find a suitable left back or winger in January then let's not bring in players just for the sake of it. I'd rather we kept giving the young boys a chance.

Worth summarising the rumours regarding  players we might get in and leaving - have I missed anyone?  The strongest runour seems to be Byrne.

In

LB - Jordan Marshall  (buy)

Calivin Miller (loan)

Winger/Midfielder - Jack Byrne

Jake Mulraney

Striker - Jamie MacLaren

Stevie Naysmith

Jason Cummings

Lewis Vaughan

Out

Walker

Smith-Brown

Possibly seeking to shift - Sammon, Grezlak, Noring

Less likely to shift - Isma, Martin

On ‎30‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 12:27, wavydavy said:

Not kicking at all just pointing out what the DOF said in reply to a question raised at the AGM to which he gave an honest reply contrary to the beliefs of many on here previously.

I look forward to seeing the standard of players we bring in now that we have a committee seemingly involved in deciding who we bring in.

I remember some time ago it was a committee of selectors who picked the pool of players for all International matches, did a pretty good job of it too.Wonder if our system is as effective.

Johnny Two Pies

Noring, Nowak, Grzelak and Smith-Brown should be moved on if possible. Walker too if we can get some money for him in January. I've seen suggestions that Isma and Martin might go, but I suspect they'll both be here at least until the summer. Wouldn't be surprised if at least one of the young players (maybe Henderson & Moore) are loaned out until the end of the season too, depending on who we can get. Of the players linked with us I'd like to see Russell and Byrne brought in, possibly O'Hara from Dundee. Know nothing about McLaren, suspect none of us do really. We could certainly use a goal scorer if that's what he is. Can't see the Naismith one materialising. I see Lewis MacLeod is fit again but not getting a game for Brentford, might be worth having for the rest of this season.

32 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

I remember some time ago it was a committee of selectors who picked the pool of players for all International matches, did a pretty good job of it too.Wonder if our system is as effective.

No doubt time will tell.

5 minutes ago, Johnny Two Pies said:

Noring, Nowak, Grzelak and Smith-Brown should be moved on if possible. Walker too if we can get some money for him in January. I've seen suggestions that Isma and Martin might go, but I suspect they'll both be here at least until the summer. Wouldn't be surprised if at least one of the young players (maybe Henderson & Moore) are loaned out until the end of the season too, depending on who we can get. Of the players linked with us I'd like to see Russell and Byrne brought in, possibly O'Hara from Dundee. Know nothing about McLaren, suspect none of us do really. We could certainly use a goal scorer if that's what he is. Can't see the Naismith one materialising. I see Lewis MacLeod is fit again but not getting a game for Brentford, might be worth having for the rest of this season.

I forgot about Nowak. Probably the most likely to go given that Smith did so well at CB.

LarrysRightFoot

JTP - Lewis MacLoed isn’t a bad shout. Certainly looked a prospect.  Don’t know what he is like now - had a lot of injury problems.

Plays same position at Byrne though (assuming that happens).

3 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Worth summarising the rumours regarding  players we might get in and leaving - have I missed anyone?  The strongest runour seems to be Byrne.

In

LB - Jordan Marshall  (buy)

Calivin Miller (loan)

Winger/Midfielder - Jack Byrne

Jake Mulraney

Striker - Jamie MacLaren

Stevie Naysmith

Jason Cummings

Lewis Vaughan

Out

Walker

Smith-Brown

Possibly seeking to shift - Sammon, Grezlak, Noring

Less likely to shift - Isma, Martin

Jordan Marshall? Haven't heard of him. mark Russel from morton was always being tipped for big things but never made the move higher seems to have stagnated. Buying youth like Souttar as well as breeding our own talent is the way forward 

22 hours ago, tcjambo said:

I'm surprised that a goalkeeper is the priority for the Hobos

Laidlaw is out for a while and Lennon wants to drop Marciano 

We need to sign a proven goal scorer or we will

possibly be out the cup and struggle for top 4. We continually fail to take our chances espically when we only create a few per game at the moment.

Huge window for us 

1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

possibly be out the cup and struggle for top 4. We continually fail to take our chances espically when we only create a few per game at the moment.

Huge window for us 

Perhaps even two. One low risk striker like Vaughan and a loan possibly from a higher division. Remembering we only have ISMA (out of form), Laff (out of teh Cup game) and then its Sockton (never score for us in a competive match).

First and foremost we need to add pace, width and creativity to our midfield.  We could also do with another striker, given we only have 3 options at the moment with Currie being out.

I know there is a lot of calls to sign a left back, but I'd have this further down my priorities.  We haven't had a left back all season, but we still have the second best defensive record in the league.  We've only conceded 2 goals in our last 9 games and have had several different players covering left back during this spell.

We need to add players who will improve our goal scoring performance.  If that means we have to make do with makeshift left backs for a bit longer, then so be it.

Howdy Doody Jambo

we need a natural goalscorer, the guy who can get 20+ a season, not since wee Robbo 

a left back 

and Temps would do nicely 

just quality that's all 

2 hours ago, RobNox said:

First and foremost we need to add pace, width and creativity to our midfield.  We could also do with another striker, given we only have 3 options at the moment with Currie being out.

This has been the same for about 5 transfer windows in a row now.

Coburg Hearts
35 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The window is open 

I wondered where the ******* draught was coming from.

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Have we signed anyone yet? No!!! Mad Budge oot! ::troll::

?? was just thinking the same its a disgrace , i am incandescent wi rage at this. Levein ooot , budge ooot.  ?

SaughtonJambo

Hearts and rangers trying to agree pre contract with Ryan Gauld. What I've heard not sure how much truth in it 

Tommy Walker
9 hours ago, RobNox said:

I know there is a lot of calls to sign a left back, but I'd have this further down my priorities.  We haven't had a left back all season, but we still have the second best defensive record in the league.  We've only conceded 2 goals in our last 9 games and have had several different players covering left back during this spell.

We need to add players who will improve our goal scoring performance.  If that means we have to make do with makeshift left backs for a bit longer, then so be it.

This

8 minutes ago, SaughtonJambo said:

Hearts and rangers trying to agree pre contract with Ryan Gauld. What I've heard not sure how much truth in it 

Even though newco are a basket case they operate in a different financial league to us, we would lose every time if its about money!!

22 hours ago, tazhearts said:

I only want Hearts to bring player's in who are going to improve our squad long term.  If we can't find a suitable left back or winger in January then let's not bring in players just for the sake of it. I'd rather we kept giving the young boys a chance.

There are positions where we could be doing with a signing to improve the quality or add depth. On those front I'd agree with your comments.

But we need a left back. I'm not suggesting just filling a shirt with any old shite but if we reach February without signing a left back we will have failed somewhere

Loads of names and rumours going about, are we sure we won't just end up with a couple of unknown from God knows where??

Bazzas right boot
14 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Huge window for us 

Nah, we generally don't create too much.

Need goals from other places, especially midfield.

Too much on Lafferty and Even isma.

V saints and hibs we had one real chance, that's shite.

A pacey striking option would be good and I think we'll add to our options up top, however midfield and lb is priority.

Agree, it's a huge window for us.

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, RobNox said:

Midfield is priority along with a lb.

The lb situation needs sorted, moves continually break down because of the need to cut inside, our players are clearly not comfortable out there either.

Having a big impact on going forward and creating.

The lb situation has been a shambles due to bad recruitment and this year an injury which seems to have baffled the medical world.

Needs sorted ASAP and is very much a priority.

Bazzas right boot

Kris doolan, he always seems to score when on the park.

How auld is he?

All roads lead to Gorgie

Earlier in the season I thought we needed maybe five players in but since we have rediscovered our bottle I think three quality recruits is probably enough at this point. Better to keep some cash on hold until the summer.

1 hour ago, SaughtonJambo said:

He's under contract until 2020.

With Laffertys appeal likely to be declined , Isma out of form and Stockton not the answer, we desperately need a striker for the cup game. Panic or not it’s a game which is huge and defeat unthinkable. 

With 3 weeks rest (thank goodness  for the winter break) we should have most players back from injury so I don’t think the January window is too important given our surprising upturn in form. The summer window may well provide better options in quality / value of player for us.

i think a striker and a wide player would be enough to see us top 4.

All depends who’s going as well though and could be players have already been identified. Interesting times ahead

We need a ball winning leader type in the midfield, Byrne looks like the type and has a good pedigree at an age with further improvement, Cowie and Prince are nearing the end of their Hearts careers. Also the overdue left back position needs resolving permanently. We also need some pace and mobility up front, especially when we are trying to counter-attack. With Walkers form and injuries I do not think we can expect a windfall, but we may be able to trade for say O'Halloran or Byrne. But Jamie could stay and return to the form he is capable of. We are still trying to repair expensive Cathro damage and need to be moving on players to bring players in. But three or four could make a big difference, and help our young players develop, our squad is stretched. This window used wisely can improve us so we can take on the teams above us with confidence, looking forward to see who comes in, Happy new year.

We need someone to create penalty box chances for our strikers and a striker to take them.

Most of our strikers have to make the chances themselves.

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Why we not signed 5 players yet??

Agree

Are people having a day off today or something 

Bazzas right boot

It will be slamming shut soon, we better start to make swoops for players.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Agree

Are people having a day off today or something 

Shambles, we're in a relegation battle and folk are having dayz aff.

Stinks.

1 hour ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Kris doolan, he always seems to score when on the park.

How auld is he?

Just turned 31 last month.

LarrysRightFoot

My guess is we will do our best to have any new arrivals in for the training camp.

Migjt not be possible with some of the targets but I think it will be the aim.

LarrysRightFoot
2 hours ago, SaughtonJambo said:

I think one of the posters on here who does actually seem to be ITK said  atheist tried to get him on loan in the summer.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

I’d Kevin Keegan style love it if we had a Vlad type window and sign 11 players on one day.

I still think he got blazing that day, and we know Ann likes a drink too so here’s hoping.

Archived