The January Window ( merged )

Bauld

Bazzas right boot
Just now, wavydavy said:

He's talking about playing for nothing if Rangers take him back.

Is that him quoted or just paper talk.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing as people seemed to be obsessed with who Hibs are signing.

The hard facts are in this window they have signed Bain and Mclaren. This actually is to cover mistakes made by Lennon in the Summer transfer window(stokes and marciano) Hibs fans seem to be as gullible as Rangers fans( and some on here) when it comes to press stories. They are told they gazumped Hearts to Mclaren so they are all buzzing when in reality its actually wasting money. Long may this continue if we had signed Mclaughlin then brought in Bain I would be asking questions on recruitment not the hobos though they are delighted because they gazumped the yams likesay.

3 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Is that him quoted or just paper talk.

The ex-Ibrox ace said last month he would be open to a return to Gers.

Naismith, 31, still has 18 months left to run on his bumper deal at Carrow Road.

But he’s alerted Gers that he would be willing to sacrifice his wages until the end of the season to join them.

Naisy won three league titles, one Scottish Cup and two League Cups during five successful years at Gers.

He quit for Everton in 2012, after opting not to transfer his contact over to Charles Green’s reformed club, as their financial crisis sent Gers tumbling down the divisions.

But Naismith has continued his support for Gers, and talked about his sadness at their plight.

Now he is so willing to help the cash-strapped Ibrox outfit that he has made the biggest gesture he can.

It’s understood Naismith isn’t short of offers either.

12 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Naismith, 31, still has 18 months left to run on his bumper deal at Carrow Road.

But he’s alerted Gers that he would be willing to sacrifice his wages until the end of the season to join them.

Naisy won three league titles, one Scottish Cup and two League Cups during five successful years at Gers.

He quit for Everton in 2012, after opting not to transfer his contact over to Charles Green’s reformed club, as their financial crisis sent Gers tumbling down the divisions.

But Naismith has continued his support for Gers, and talked about his sadness at their plight.

Now he is so willing to help the cash-strapped Ibrox outfit that he has made the biggest gesture he can.

And yet another report allegedly quoting him says “he wants a deal for the whole 18months”

46 minutes ago, sadj said:

We will never play catch up to them... We might have dips at times and not have long periods of dominance but we will never be second best to them. You can’t change 140 years of regular dominance in 3 seasons.

edit: docherty might well be worth a punt but again hes as much a gamble as any other transfer in our , Aberdeen or Hibs price range. Rangers and Cardiff are in for him allegedly with Hobos claiming they are aswell

Well Aberdeens McLean is not re signing and available if we can persuade him,and I pay no attention to the so called Ibrox interest.Free to sign a pre contract end of this month wages we can cover and Dons may fancy accepting a reasonable cash offer from us rather than nowt,Aberdonians after all.

Fly the Saltire

You can forget about Naismith as Norwich  want £10k a week to let him out on loan and two English clubs interested so won't be going to Rangers 

1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

Personally don't think it would be wise to chuck in three or four new faces in a cup tie against hibs as regardless of how good the players are the pace of the game could catch them off guard on their debut, we went toe to toe with hibs in the last derby and they didn't trouble us once (offside goal aside), what we lacked was creativity so I'd say getting in one or two attacking players before that game and then another two after would be fine

If any new player is good enough and fit enough then they should certainly start against Hibs on the 21st. 

Bazzas right boot
52 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Ta.

Paper talk....

38 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Well Aberdeens McLean is not re signing and available if we can persuade him,and I pay no attention to the so called Ibrox interest.Free to sign a pre contract end of this month wages we can cover and Dons may fancy accepting a reasonable cash offer from us rather than nowt,Aberdonians after all.

Do you think he’d come here he’s not been very good this season so far but sounds like he wants a high wage contract. One above our budget i’d assume from what iv heard/ has been said

Lord Beni of Gorgie

8 days in. Plenty of time to go but its got a dark sinister feel to it this window 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

8 days in. Plenty of time to go but its got a dark sinister feel to it this window 

Hearts to unveil Dracula as Thier new left back?

HillmanHearts
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Could really do with a different attacking dimension in place for the Derby.

Especially as Lafferty will likely be out and Isma is unlikely to get any sharper in the break.

Stockton's not really prolific ?

Maybe the rumoured Swiss winger ? 

Think we can forget Naisy !

21 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I always get nervous these days because it's kept so hush hush :lol:. We will be negotiating with 2-3 players minimum right now I'd expect but who knows...

22 minutes ago, sadj said:

Do you think he’d come here he’s not been very good this season so far but sounds like he wants a high wage contract. One above our budget i’d assume from what iv heard/ has been said

I hope he would, good quality and what around 27 and every things negotiable he usually stops around three years and if we got him/were interested would be coming to an upwardly mobile club at least I think anyway.

1 hour ago, sadj said:

By a small amount maybe right nupcomingw , but if you read wha t i wrote we might have dips but we will never be playing catch up to them as a club. The squad we have on its day is as capable of beating them as we are of beating them. There has been lttle between us this season. 

Honestly!!!! Were you at Fester Road earlier this season???

1-0 going on 3 or 4 unless maroon tinted glasses were being worn.

Not disputing our current squad could beat them in the upcoming game but unless changes are made for the right reasons and not just for changes sake (could name a barrow load of recent crap signings) then I feel its gonna be another tough night to take and a draws the best we can expect.

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, HillmanHearts said:

Could really do with a different attacking dimension in place for the Derby.

Especially as Lafferty will likely be out and Isma is unlikely to get any sharper in the break.

Stockton's not really prolific ?

Maybe the rumoured Swiss winger ? 

Think we can forget Naisy !

Swiss winger?

Surely that makes him a swinger?

BobbyJenkins
4 minutes ago, 18ally74 said:

Not disputing our current squad could beat them in the upcoming game but unless changes are made for the right reasons and not just for changes sake (could name a barrow load of recent crap signings) then I feel its gonna be another tough night to take and a draws the best we can expect.

You do realise football fortunes change on a sixpence? See clean sheets. ****ing settle down man.

Just now, 18ally74 said:

You have your opinion myself and many others have different, we were awful i’d say prob worst we’ve played this season but they were no great shakes. 

Theres not much between the sides as it stands thats my opinion and I stand by it. If you don’t agree fair enough. Hibs are not us and never will be and we have nothing to fear from them. 

There was somebody being shown around the Oriam yesterday with his agent and Craig Levein I was told by someone who was in the cafe at the time. No names but a non-white footballer.

8 minutes ago, Jenks said:

There was somebody being shown around the Oriam yesterday with his agent and Craig Levein I was told by someone who was in the cafe at the time. No names but a non-white footballer.

Roberto Carlos??? He’d prob still do better than the LBs we find.

9 minutes ago, Jenks said:

Where’s all our ITK’s tonight to feed Us slavering hordes waiting for info

23 minutes ago, Jenks said:

Is it Philip?

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAmAAAAAJDY5ZmJkNTYyLTIyNTQt

28 minutes ago, Jenks said:

Putting 2 and 2 together, possibly Demetri Mitchell?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
49 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Swiss winger?

Surely that makes him a swinger?

Sad to report its been said :(

2 hours ago, Rents said:

Seeing as people seemed to be obsessed with who Hibs are signing.

The hard facts are in this window they have signed Bain and Mclaren. This actually is to cover mistakes made by Lennon in the Summer transfer window(stokes and marciano) Hibs fans seem to be as gullible as Rangers fans( and some on here) when it comes to press stories. They are told they gazumped Hearts to Mclaren so they are all buzzing when in reality its actually wasting money. Long may this continue if we had signed Mclaughlin then brought in Bain I would be asking questions on recruitment not the hobos though they are delighted because they gazumped the yams likesay.

How is it wasting money exactly?? 

What if he scores 15 goals in the second half of the season and gets them 3rd place and into Europe?? I’m not saying it will happen and now he has bumped us hope it doesn’t but I can’t see how you can say it’s wasting money when we have never seen the boy play a game in Scotland. 

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Sad to report its been said :(

Ooh ffs.

It it made you that sad you should have kept it to yourself rather than crush my confidence.?

1 hour ago, 18ally74 said:

3 or 4 aye? I’l tell the jokes. 

28 minutes ago, Rents said:

Man Yoo have 3 left backs at u23 and two are white so I am hoping its Dmetri Mitchell 

He started for man utd reserves tonight

Lord Beni of Gorgie
31 minutes ago, Rents said:

Man Yoo have 3 left backs at u23 and two are white so I am hoping its Dmetri Mitchell 

I hope so, not for any other reason rather than the selfish one he was my  wild stab in the dark

3 hours ago, 18ally74 said:

Like it or NOT, on the park Hibs are indeed in a better place than us at the moment. Admittedly, all it woiUld take is a couple of good signings by us to address the shortfall.

**** off 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, neilr61 said:

Match practice for smashing their vermin faces in the dirt in 13 days time

3 minutes ago, neilr61 said:

Joe Riley and Mitchell started tonight. So it most likely won't be a Utd left back.

Italian Lambretta
1 hour ago, Jenks said:

No doubt he’ll be shown round east Mains tomorrow 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Not sure why they couldn't play for United this evening and join us over the week.

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not sure why they couldn't play for United this evening and join us over the week.

I think it'll be because someone was being shown round Oriam today so it won't have been them. Could have been another signing right enough but was suggested it was a left back.

2 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Hearts to unveil Dracula as Thier new left back?

He's got bite but no good at crosses. 

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

I think it'll be because someone was being shown round Oriam today so it won't have been them. Could have been another signing right enough but was suggested it was a left back.

except it said yesterday. plenty time to visit and play tonight

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

except it said yesterday. plenty time to visit and play tonight

Ah, missed that! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

wee mancs getting gubbed 0-3!!!!

Lads mind is clearly on joining the famous and getting out of there. After all "We're from the capital......."

41 minutes ago, rick witter said:

How is it wasting money exactly?? 

What if he scores 15 goals in the second half of the season and gets them 3rd place and into Europe?? I’m not saying it will happen and now he has bumped us hope it doesn’t but I can’t see how you can say it’s wasting money when we have never seen the boy play a game in Scotland. 

They have now signed 4 strikers to replace Cummings(Keep up the good work popcorn teeth) it's a risk as you have stated how many players have moved from Australia and torn up our league?  Throw in he has not played for 3 months and only 7 in 2017 it's a huge risk plus its well known he has large wage demands. Seems to me that our management team bumped him but you crack on believing the papers. 

My my bet is he won't get 4 goals.

6 hours ago, Bauld said:

Disagree. 

The cup game has compressed the timeline to have our first 11 fit and available. 

Our first 11 is capable of beating Hibs. But we haven't been able to field our best 11 against them for ages.

The signings shouldn't be rushed. They should be done carefully and with a longer term view than a cup game against Hibs. They could well decide whether or not we can mount a challenge on the top 3 and finish above those bottom feeders at the end of the season.

I'd of thought that signing targets would of been identified months ago.  And i'd expect that the players we would like to move on have had their agents told to find them new clubs. The detail is all in the planning. We have to be ready for the Hibs cup game.

13 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

https://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2017/12/02/europe/premier-league-international-cup/manchester-united-u23/celtic-u23/2561701/

Notice he defeated Calvin Miller in the linked match. Means nothing I know.

How well connected are we to Ricky Sbragia?

I would say pretty well

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/craig-levein-departure-disappoints-scotland-u21-boss-ricky-sbragia-1-2619753

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Good work Rents. Makes me feel a bit better about things. Loo Kaku next in the door

Your wild stab in the dark could turn out to be spot on.

How good is it having a manager who is regarded highly in footballing circles. 

Just now, Rents said:

Was just thinking that after some of the things that have been coming out in relation to ppls respect for him

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, Rents said:

No matter what Joe Public think, being an international manager comes with a lot of up side within the game

Archived