The January Window ( merged )

Bauld

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Ryder said:

I’ve got family all over the midlands. It’s no great in all honesty. I wouldn’t be swapping Milan for it, that’s for sure. :lol:

No :lol:

On his money Im sure he's going to get a country retreat. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Barack said:

Always had a soft spot for Wolves. For this strip effort alone...

F0EF032D-48A9-4F65-9330-F675A365F627.jpeg

Most of my family down that neck of the woods are West Brom fans. Wolves fans are generally recognised as scumbags. Birmingham City fans just edge them out apparently. Big club though.

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

No :lol:

On his money Im sure he's going to get a country retreat. 

Still though... Milano! :wub:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Always had an affinity for Wolves , they always reminded me of an English version of ourselves and Molineux is one of my favourite grounds I’v played at.

Fosun bought they’re parent company in 2016 then gave Paul Lambert a job after binning Zenga....

Intriguing? You played there :)

Great ground at the time. Over 20 years ago and more I was there.  Steve Bull era a proper legend. 

52 minutes ago, CMc said:

Woody Harlson in a ginger wig. 

58 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

He looks like an inverted carrot.

JKB never lets you down!

:thumbsup:

22 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Reeks of radge owners trying to make some kind of statement. He's not exactly been tearing up the Italian league.

No, they genuinely have the money 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

AC or Inter?

Always preferred Inter as a kid tbh. Wouldn’t care where I worked though as long as I could live there and have plenty money to spend!

3 minutes ago, Ryder said:

I’ve got family all over the midlands. It’s no great in all honesty. I wouldn’t be swapping Milan for it, that’s for sure. :lol:

Used to live in Bewdley when I was playing down that way , thats decent unless your smashed walking home from Kiddy past the safari park. No lights on the road and lions roaring isn’t fun when your worse for wear. Trip down the stour on a day off for a beer and sailing home smashed is fun too.

Birmingham city centre has undergone a makeover and is decent enough the mailbox is worth a visit for the restaurants.

but no its prob not Milan ?? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Always preferred Inter as a kid tbh. Wouldn’t care where I worked though as long as I could live there and have plenty money to spend!

AC.  Is them Inter fuds fault for 67 :lol:

2 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Yeah I liked Inter too , AC always had that Barca Real Juve were too big for the little people feel.

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Intriguing? You played there :)

Great ground at the time. Over 20 years ago and more I was there.  Steve Bull era a proper legend. 

Its a cracking ground. Steve Bull was immense in his day. Can you imagine someone from the lower divisions in England being an international for them now

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, RDSK said:

2 assists and a goal for Jake Mulraney, all in the first half hour, this evening.

interesting. I do think Levein sees something he can develop in him if we get him.

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

AC.  Is them Inter fuds fault for 67 :lol:

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Yeah I liked Inter too , AC always had that Barca Real Juve were too big for the little people feel.

That squad from c1999, the city, that strip. Baggio, Pirlo, Ronaldo... they just kinda grabbed me at the time.

53 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Wolves have reportedly had a bid of 34.7m bid rejected for Andre Silva from Ac Milan 

Absolute madness.

A bigger culture shock he could not have, no player should be making that move.

6 minutes ago, Ryder said:

That squad from c1999, the city, that strip. Baggio, Pirlo, Ronaldo... they just kinda grabbed me at the time.

Always liked Torino but that might be cause they play in a decent colour

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Always liked Torino but that might be cause they play in a decent colour

:thumbsup:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hold on chaps. Are we saying we prefer minkers to establishment teams 

:wtf:

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Hold on chaps. Are we saying we prefer minkers to establishment teams 

:wtf 

:D

Only on this one occasion. To be honest if I was independently wealthy I’d play football in the streets and live there. Wonderful city.

5 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Confirmed by Berwick about half hour ago. Good game time for the lad

E8F6A747-E11D-4EAF-8A61-8681F3791BEB.png

Loving the boy giving it the big GIRUY in the background ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Good spot

letsalldothebeattie
3 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Never noticed that. Cracking spot mate

scott herbertson
15 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Either that or you have to put your hand up to go to the toilet at Shielfield Park

Tynecastlesmychurch
1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I'm sure the big man isn't without a Club Sandwich at this current time though ! ;)

Club_sandwich.thumb.png.56923f8a5ea9f396ed727df2e9010dd9.png

obama-mic-drop.gif

3 hours ago, Mort said:

Ciftci signs for well on loan. Would have taken him!

Just read this and think it could be a great move by Motherwell. It’ll be interesting to see how it pans out for sure

mainstandjambo
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

interesting. I do think Levein sees something he can develop in him if we get him.

Substituted just after half time with an injury.

Just now, mainstandjambo said:

Substituted just after half time with an injury.

Well that seals it we’ll have him on the plane on Thursday for sure. 

?

3 hours ago, maroonnicky63 said:

and the support continues even when the players leave, amazing.

Why should we fall over ourselves to support every single player that's ever been at our club?

We had him. He didn't work out. I'm not going to renew my Perry Kitchen Appreciation Club membership every year until one of us dies. 

Tragic. 

Dr Ian Malcolm
3 hours ago, U.S Maroon said:

Plenty other clubs are getting them in early. Hibs have signed two, County have done very well getting in Tansey a player who would walk into our side. Well have got Ciftci in well worth a punt on loan. Sevco have brought in Murphy a great signing. Aberdeen were already strong and have got stronger by bringing in proven quality in Mcginn. We are being left behind fast and instead of bringing in proven players we will likely take punts on more unknown players.  

Hibs got one we were after, it happens. He's never played at this level either btw, so he should as big a gamble as anyone else in the same situation. We don't need a goalkeeper either so them signing Scott Bain Ian neither here nor there.

Greg Tansey is abolsutely not a player who would "walk in to our side." He played in a relegated ICT team and has lasted less than six months at Aberdeen before being punted back his previous level in Ross County.

Jamie Murphy we could never cover the percentage of wages (barely convinced Rangers will but that's their problem) so he should be irrelevant as an example.

McGinn would likely have improved us, but that said he's not going to suddenly turn Aberdeen from a team that's failed to beat us and have been fortunate not to lose twice, in to one that's miles ahead.

We're not being "left behind" by not signing players for the sake of it. Folk have short memories - remember how we fared after last January's influx? The window is nine days old. We're also half way through the season so the need to "get business done early" doesn't really apply.

6 hours ago, Spencer said:

I watched him a couple of times for Randers.  He was as limited for them as he was for us 

How did you see Danish games?

Tynecastlesmychurch
2 hours ago, Dr Ian Malcolm said:

Hibs got one we were after, it happens. He's never played at this level either btw, so he should as big a gamble as anyone else in the same situation. We don't need a goalkeeper either so them signing Scott Bain Ian neither here nor there.

Greg Tansey is abolsutely not a player who would "walk in to our side." He played in a relegated ICT team and has lasted less than six months at Aberdeen before being punted back his previous level in Ross County.

Jamie Murphy we could never cover the percentage of wages (barely convinced Rangers will but that's their problem) so he should be irrelevant as an example.

McGinn would likely have improved us, but that said he's not going to suddenly turn Aberdeen from a team that's failed to beat us and have been fortunate not to lose twice, in to one that's miles ahead.

We're not being "left behind" by not signing players for the sake of it. Folk have short memories - remember how we fared after last January's influx? The window is nine days old. We're also half way through the season so the need to "get business done early" doesn't really apply.

Congratulations for a very sensible post good sir!

9 minutes ago, LoveNgoo said:

Demetri Mitchell on loan until the end of the season from Manchester United. :thumbsup:

Left back taken care of then 

15 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Hopefully. Never seen the boy play but has a decent pedigree coming from Man United. He was up here on Sunday but I didn’t get his name until tonight.

15 minutes ago, LoveNgoo said:

Hopefully. Never seen the boy play but has a decent pedigree coming from Man United. He was up here on Sunday but I didn’t get his name until tonight.

You any idea of what other business is in the pipeline? 

Target man from Holland seems a bit strange given what we have and what we probably need 

39 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Think he is more of a winger than left back.

39 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Also quite injury prone.

Not having a go but how do you know?

1 hour ago, LoveNgoo said:

Wonder where you heard that news?

6 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Certainly doesn't appear to be the answer to our left back problem if it is him. Maybe to be played further forward and left backs still being looked at this now.

Great response Lovecraft.  Thanks for posting that.  I'd like to think that he's just been unlucky and id  love to see him with us this month.

Thought he looked remarkably like Ryan Giggs in the close ups despite the skin colour.

In support of others, we always seem to be slow in these windows then panic at the end by bringing in no hopers.  Expect the stats would back this up.

Would love to see the Man Utd guy at least sorted before the trial games.

Archived