The January Window ( merged )

Bauld

Jambof3tornado
20 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

We'll need to bring back Sammon and Zannata to bolster our attacking options at this rate.

We do now lafferty is out the cup tie.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

We'll need to bring back Sammon and Zannata to bolster our attacking options at this rate.

Given Levein tried to talk Robbie out of wanting Sammon that is never going to be an option. Zannata is an interesting one though. Might kick on with the youngsters around him. 

I originally replied to say dont swear by mentioning the fish... ?

32 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Isn't Callumn Morrison due back from his loan?

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Next few days before the Derby, are going to be...interesting, I’d imagine.

Quite. ?

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, Barack said:

Next few days before the Derby, are going to be...interesting, I’d imagine.

Don't think they will. Taking our time, the boring, and I have to say sensible way of doing thing

7 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Don't think they will. Taking our time, the boring, and I have to say sensible way of doing thing

Even if we sign no-one it will still be ‘interesting’ imo. 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Isn't Callumn Morrison due back from his loan?

Not sure, bud.

M knowledge of the young yins on loan is shite. FF is the man for that I think.

If so, could be an option tho.

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, sadj said:

Given Levein tried to talk Robbie out of wanting Sammon that is never going to be an option. Zannata is an interesting one though. Might kick on with the youngsters around him. 

Maybe we can feed him this time.

37 minutes ago, sadj said:

Source? Given that Sammon is an identikt of Levein's preferred "attacking" style, I find that hard to believe...

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

A striker must be at the top of our wanted list now with Lafferty out.

Think we were after a striker anyway.

Clubs don't sign players to cover 1 game suspensions, tho.

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Source? Given that Sammon is an identikt of Levein's preferred "attacking" style, I find that hard to believe...

Was somewhere on another thread and accepted by the posts after. Tho saying Sammon is a typical Levein attacker doesn’t sit right with me. Hes neither foreign nor capable of tying his own shoe laces or putting the ball in the net. ?

1 minute ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Think we were after a striker anyway.

Clubs don't sign players to cover 1 game suspensions, tho.

Thorn?? Just saying ?

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Was somewhere on another thread and accepted by the posts after. Tho saying Sammon is a typical Levein attacker doesn’t sit right with me. Hes neither foreign nor capable of tying his own shoe laces or putting the ball in the net. ?

Technically he is foriegn.......?

But , I agree.

Just now, BigDave'sHeed said:

Technically he is foriegn.......?

But , I agree.

Do i get to backtrack n claim Foreign speaking ??? 

2 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

?

Was watching that game yesterday. Could you imagine a similar scenario now of bring someone in score the winner against hibs play against Hamilton then never to be seen again...

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Do i get to backtrack n claim Foreign speaking ??? 

Aye, he's not a real foriegner ( or striker)

1 hour ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

How ironic that would be

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

How ironic that would be

That ironic- it's in no way funny.....

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

How ironic that would be

And depressing...Rather have Fozzy at 54 than Sammon

32 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

A striker must be at the top of our wanted list now with Lafferty out.

THIS!!!

2 hours ago, Bauld said:

I find it curious.

They have Simon Murray, Stokes, Oli Shaw, Matulevicius and Boyle all forwards and now they've added McClaren who is apparently been on a high wage that needed covered. 

Oli has just broken into the first team and is scoring goals. Boyle is their pace man who plays wide and makes things happen. Stokes will be expensive but seemingly a bit useless these days and Murray is their top scorer. The Lith lad hasn't scored in 12 but they seem to think he's a good player and needs more games/time.

Signing this guy feels like a revenge shot for signing Lafferty. I can see no reason unless they offload a couple of players to sign another expensive striker. Especially with a promising young talent like Shaw emerging.

Everytime I've listened to Sportsound, they've mentioned Hibs are crying out for a penalty box striker as none they have fit that bill - which is why they'll have gone after the Aussie.

GorgieRules22

So back on track, is there any news on us bringing in players ? Lose next week and our seasons over. Some might not want to admit it but next week is huge and we don't score goals, this needs addressed this week you would think.

Must admit. Thought there would be more action in the transfer window than this so far. Still early days I guess. 

5 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

If we don't sign anyone before they leave for Spain. Good chance that will be the squad to face Hibs

Not necessarily so - but there is no doubt it would be far better if we could sign a striker and take him with us to Spain to bed in with the team.

If we fly out on Thursday that is not likely unfortunately.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Bigkyle said:

Hard to pick up a top striker. Need to find a gem and quick

Defo, use said gem to buy a striker. 

The Internet
25 minutes ago, Barack said:

Greg Tansey. To Ross County...

Always thought he was a good player. 

Looked like a glaring weak link whenever I watched Aberdeen this season. Made sense to give him a chance but he's about Ross County level. 

2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Looked like a glaring weak link whenever I watched Aberdeen this season. Made sense to give him a chance but he's about Ross County level. 

Likewise never thought much of him. 

Notice Celtic are linked with Joe Allen , Rangers with some guy from Fulham and a Wales international aswell as more links with Cummings and more stuff about what the Pena deal is today and how he was a total flop 

Just now, c41rns said:

Rumours of McGinn and Murray away from Hobos? 

(Apologies if posted already) not ITK

Heard Murray was available if a decent offer came in. Not heard any rumours about McGinn yet. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Good chance we will have 2 on that plane. Dutch striker and the left back on loan. Not ITK just a hunch, they would be easy enough to get fixed up quickly.

The Internet

Really annoys me that Simon Murray has a derby winning goal to his name. Total lower league player. 

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Good chance we will have 2 on that plane. Dutch striker and the left back on loan. Not ITK just a hunch, they would be easy enough to get fixed up quickly.

So they will need to be signed tomorrow so they can fly out with the team on Thursday morning?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

So they will need to be signed tomorrow so they can fly out with the team on Thursday morning?

Not necessarily. It would need permission from their clubs. Not sure if they could play in the bounce games as trialists, its a training camp. Whether the 2 clubs would be happy for us to do it quite another thing, but it wouldn't take long to sort out surely if there is the will to do it from all parties.

8 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

No.

This isnt the Hearts way at all.

We wait until almost the last day or sign a free agent after the window has been SLAMMED shut.

Johnny Two Pies

If we haven’t been planning for the Hibs game without Lafferty (and several other games in January and February too) someone hasn’t been doing their job properly. Whether or not you thought the red card should be overturned the overwhelming likliehood was that it wouldn’t be. And Lafferty has a suspension coming his way for yellow cards too. Assuming Levein doesn’t think we can play  games with only Isma (who is also rumoured to be very much available), Stockton, Keena and Henderson as striking options we surely must have had someone working hard at bringing in a striker.

17 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Really annoys me that Simon Murray has a derby winning goal to his name. Total lower league player. 

To be fair it was a good goal. I think there is a player in there somewhere ...a face only his mother could love though

5 minutes ago, Johnny Two Pies said:

If we haven’t been planning for the Hibs game without Lafferty (and several other games in January and February too) someone hasn’t been doing their job properly. Whether or not you thought the red card should be overturned the overwhelming likliehood was that it wouldn’t be. And Lafferty has a suspension coming his way for yellow cards too. Assuming Levein doesn’t think we can play  games with only Isma (who is also rumoured to be very much available), Stockton, Keena and Henderson as striking options we surely must have had someone working hard at bringing in a striker.

Maybe our number one target decided he would rather sign for one of our rivals instead 

Maybe we didn’t have a back up plan

In light of today’s decision, Maybe we are panicking trying to find a striker for a week on Sunday 

Maybe...

The Internet
1 minute ago, Hood09 said:

To be fair it was a good goal. I think there is a player in there somewhere ...a face only his mother could love though

It was. His goal against rangers was good too although he was riding a wave at that point with his league cup goals. In general he's never good enough to be playing for a top 6 team. And he's ugly. 

30 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Agree that and we should be concentrating on our midfield it's the effing engine room of any half decent team.

3 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Maybe our number one target decided he would rather sign for one of our rivals instead 

Maybe we didn’t have a back up plan

In light of today’s decision, Maybe we are panicking trying to find a striker for a week on Sunday 

Maybe...

?

Panic buying, what's Gary Glen up to these days? 

7 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

It was a very avoidable goal on a couple of levels. We were ****ing terrible that night.  

Seemed to get off to a flyer this season and dropped off. Hibs also have the Lithuanian forward who never features. I suspect they carry a fairly heavy cost base 

17 minutes ago, Johnny Two Pies said:

We are ****ed if we go into that tie with those attacking options 

Archived