The January Window ( merged )

Bauld

1 minute ago, Spencer said:

It was a very avoidable goal on a couple of levels. We were ****ing terrible that night.  

Seemed to get off to a flyer this season and dropped off. Hibs also have the Lithuanian forward who never features. I suspect they carry a fairly heavy cost base 

We were honking and they were not much better and it than as avoidable. Imagine it hadn’t gone in though. Would probably be more accurate representation of how close it is between the teams (albeit different strengths) at the moment. Being as we have a lot of mistakes to sorthas to make you feel good knowing we’ll be back where we should be once we do. 

The heavy cost base has to be taking its toll on them aswell. Whittaker , Stokes , Lennon , now the loan % from the German lot can’t be cheap. Or do you think they are counting on banking money for McGinn this month or in the summer. (Though not Lennons fanciful 5mil amount)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Maybe our number one target decided he would rather sign for one of our rivals instead 

Maybe we didn’t have a back up plan

In light of today’s decision, Maybe we are panicking trying to find a striker for a week on Sunday 

Maybe...

Maybe aye, maybe naw.

Maybe the club knows what's happening and are working on things.

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

We were honking and they were not much better and it than as avoidable. Imagine it hadn’t gone in though. Would probably be more accurate representation of how close it is between the teams (albeit different strengths) at the moment. Being as we have a lot of mistakes to sorthas to make you feel good knowing we’ll be back where we should be once we do. 

The heavy cost base has to be taking its toll on them aswell. Whittaker , Stokes , Lennon , now the loan % from the German lot can’t be cheap. Or do you think they are counting on banking money for McGinn this month or in the summer. (Though not Lennons fanciful 5mil amount)

Their cost base will be high. They have an ageing squad which will be costing them a fair bit. Beyond McGinn they don't appear to have much that could realise much upside either.

Lennon and Garry Parker will come at a price. I can't imagine they are on much less than £350,000 pa combined. 

43 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Their cost base will be high. They have an ageing squad which will be costing them a fair bit. Beyond McGinn they don't appear to have much that could realise much upside either.

Lennon and Garry Parker will come at a price. I can't imagine they are on much less than £350,000 pa combined. 

Yeah sounds spot on to my thinking though be surprised if thats all Lennon and Parker are on though.

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, Mort said:

Ciftci signs for well on loan. Would have taken him!

Massive gamble. I think Motherwell are heading in the wrong direction

11 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Massive gamble. I think Motherwell are heading in the wrong direction

Loan signings a gamble? If it doesn’t work out then no loss to them.

32 minutes ago, sadj said:

Yeah sounds spot on to my thinking though be surprised if thats all Lennon and Parker are on though.

You could well be right. They could very well be on mote than that. Hibs needed promoted and probably paid whatever it took to get Lennon and Parker. They were without a club admittedly, but it's still a major career regression for both to have ended up at Hibs after Celtic in ECL etc 

We certainly don't over pay Craig Levein at £132,000 to run the entire football department. Lennon will be on double that probably 

Off the field I suspect Hibs are stockpiling a few problems financially 

1 hour ago, Hood09 said:

To be fair it was a good goal. I think there is a player in there somewhere ...a face only his mother could love though

nintchdbpict000352198170.jpg?strip=all&w

Greedy_Jambo

Cifti is well worth a Gamble. Motherwell have done well there.

Can we not get that fat guy back from Groningen?

2 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Thanks very much Morgan.  I was having my tea!!

:sick:

Sorry old boy!

12 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Perry Kitchen just signed for LA Galaxy.

Interesting move.

If that's the standard of the "big teams" in the MLS, then it really is a diddy league. 

7 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Interesting move.

If that's the standard of the "big teams" in the MLS, then it really is a diddy league. 

I watched him a couple of times for Randers.  He was as limited for them as he was for us 

25 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Perry Kitchen just signed for LA Galaxy.

i've just looked on wikipedia (yes i know) and currently they dont have any goalkeepers

rudi must stay
42 minutes ago, Mort said:

Loan signings a gamble? If it doesn’t work out then no loss to them.

Considering he replaces Moult it is. But I suppose in the league position they're in it isn't a massive gamble, they aren't in relegation trouble

2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Considering he replaces Moult it is. But I suppose in the league position they're in it isn't a massive gamble, they aren't in relegation trouble

4 points above 11th place not relegation trouble?

Current form continues and they are in serious trouble

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

4 points above 11th place not relegation trouble?

Current form continues and they are in serious trouble

I'll go back to my original comment then, not had to look at that side of the league for a while

Tynecastlesmychurch
26 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

Cifti is well worth a Gamble. Motherwell have done well there.

Can we not get that fat guy back from Groningen?

If he finds the form he had at United before ronny ruined him then maybe we should consider moving for him in the summer? 

Also I believe that ehh let's say larger chap is actually without a club at this current moment!

We are doing our usual pissing about while other teams get their business done early. I really thought the club would take this window seriously and get some proven quality in to try and rescue what is left of the season. We need time to work on our system with new players so there is little point getting them in right before the derby.

maroonnicky63
Just now, tian447 said:

Interesting move.

and the support continues even when the players leave, amazing.

Motherwell are going to go in for O'Hara of Dundee as well. 

I think we should go balls out to sign Cadden. 

17 minutes ago, U.S Maroon said:

We are doing our usual pissing about while other teams get their business done early. I really thought the club would take this window seriously and get some proven quality in to try and rescue what is left of the season. We need time to work on our system with new players so there is little point getting them in right before the derby.

I think you should get in touch with the club about becoming part of player recruitment as you seem like an expert. Before you do that though, might be worthwhile getting a mop out to clear up the big puddle by your feet. 

BobbyJenkins

Twitter translation:

The foreign dream of De Kogel is not over yet. The 26-year-old striker goes Wednesday to Scotland, where he tries to earn a contract with Heart of Midlothian FC. The professional soccer club from Edinburgh is the current number five in Scotland. If De Kogel does not succeed in his mission, he will again join the Deventer selection of trainer Jan van Staa.

All roads lead to Gorgie
36 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

If he finds the form he had at United before ronny ruined him then maybe we should consider moving for him in the summer? 

Also I believe that ehh let's say larger chap is actually without a club at this current moment!

I'm sure the big man isn't without a Club Sandwich at this current time though ! ;)

Club_sandwich.thumb.png.56923f8a5ea9f396ed727df2e9010dd9.png

All roads lead to Gorgie
14 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

He looks like an inverted carrot.

Aye one of these ;)

570dacb3150000ee010b4b19.thumb.jpeg.b0a9d156387a92b9e07f24c261709000.jpeg

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
20 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

Twitter translation:

The foreign dream of De Kogel is not over yet. The 26-year-old striker goes Wednesday to Scotland, where he tries to earn a contract with Heart of Midlothian FC. The professional soccer club from Edinburgh is the current number five in Scotland. If De Kogel does not succeed in his mission, he will again join the Deventer selection of trainer Jan van Staa.

Jan van Stay is manager of Utrecht who are 6th in the Eredivisie.

So he has one of the top clubs in Dutch football looking at him. Sounds promising. Hopefully we don't offer him £5 a week if he's any good. We know what happened with McLaren...

::troll::

38 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

I think you should get in touch with the club about becoming part of player recruitment as you seem like an expert. Before you do that though, might be worthwhile getting a mop out to clear up the big puddle by your feet. 

Very original. You keep burying your head in the sand.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Wolves have reportedly had a bid of 34.7m bid rejected for Andre Silva from Ac Milan 

Absolute madness.

????

2 hours ago, Spencer said:

Spot on 

Lennon is now looking to do similar to what Hearts and Rangers have done and start to bring in players who will cut it in the premier league. 

Mcginn will go and he may not be brilliant but he is their talisman.

They are a club on the down of that I have no doubt. 

5 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Wolves have reportedly had a bid of 34.7m bid rejected for Andre Silva from Ac Milan 

Absolute madness.

Holy **** that can’t be true

The Internet
9 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Absolute madness.

Reeks of radge owners trying to make some kind of statement. He's not exactly been tearing up the Italian league.

3 minutes ago, U.S Maroon said:

Very original. You keep burying your head in the sand.

Likewise on the originality of your retort. 

Out of interest, what could the club do to convince you that they are taking this window seriously?

Every manager will tell you that in an ideal world they'd like signings in as early as possible but it's rarely possible. Especially harder in this window, as unless you have lots of money to spend, you are basically limited to players out of favour at their current club/players for loan/unattached players. 

9 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Absolute madness.

****ing hell :lol:

6 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Source? Given that Sammon is an identikt of Levein's preferred "attacking" style, I find that hard to believe...

:lol:

What? Connor Sammon is an identikit Levein type forward? Not seeing it.

Absolute madness.

They signed Neves for about £17m this season too. Mental :lol:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Fosun international

I didn't know that. Spent 15 million last week on a Valencia player. Tearing up the Championship for arse paper. 

Top 10 team next season quite possibly. 

Absolute madness.

Andre pops on to Google Street view and has a quick neb at Wolverhampton... “er, thanks, I’m very flattered, but I think I’ll stay here in Milan. Cheers.”

1 minute ago, Barack said:

The Chinese pharmaceutical one?

Bloody, Nora.

Pretty sure International is the parent company and the pharmaceutical part is only a percentage of the business

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Ryder said:

Andre pops on to Google Street view and has a quick neb at Wolverhampton... “er, thanks, I’m very flattered, but I think I’ll stay here in Milan. Cheers.”

It's not pretty for sure. Not as bad as I  expected on my only visit.

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

It's not pretty for sure. Not as bad as I  expected on my only visit.

I’ve got family all over the midlands. It’s no great in all honesty. I wouldn’t be swapping Milan for it, that’s for sure. :lol:

3 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

Likewise on the originality of your retort. 

Out of interest, what could the club do to convince you that they are taking this window seriously?

Every manager will tell you that in an ideal world they'd like signings in as early as possible but it's rarely possible. Especially harder in this window, as unless you have lots of money to spend, you are basically limited to players out of favour at their current club/players for loan/unattached players. 

Plenty other clubs are getting them in early. Hibs have signed two, County have done very well getting in Tansey a player who would walk into our side. Well have got Ciftci in well worth a punt on loan. Sevco have brought in Murphy a great signing. Aberdeen were already strong and have got stronger by bringing in proven quality in Mcginn. We are being left behind fast and instead of bringing in proven players we will likely take punts on more unknown players.  

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I didn't know that. Spent 15 million last week on a Valencia player. Tearing up the Championship for arse paper. 

Top 10 team next season quite possibly. 

Always had an affinity for Wolves , they always reminded me of an English version of ourselves and Molineux is one of my favourite grounds I’v played at.

Fosun bought they’re parent company in 2016 then gave Paul Lambert a job after binning Zenga....

Archived