The January Window ( merged )

Bauld

Lord Beni of Gorgie
46 minutes ago, Rents said:

Is anybody else hearing about Domen Crnigoj from st gallen?

If so, he was my other random guess yesterday, I am doing the lotto this weekend :)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Beni of Gorgie
42 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Just missed out on an attacking midfielder, I'm hearing.

? 50-year-old Japan legend Kazuyoshi Miura has signed a contract extension at Yokohama FC...

DTQSWM0W0AEJoEG.jpg

He should have been retiring when Harry Cochrane was born :lol:

Here goes, not normally a participant in this speculation so don't shoot but have heard we are looking at bringing in a midfielder on loan from Liverpool on the back of Randall deal proving mutually beneficial. Going to guess Harry Wilson or Ovie Ejaria who have been told they can go on loan after they sign contract extensions. 

7 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Here goes, not normally a participant in this speculation so don't shoot but have heard we are looking at bringing in a midfielder on loan from Liverpool on the back of Randall deal proving mutually beneficial. Going to guess Harry Wilson or Ovie Ejaria who have been told they can go on loan after they sign contract extensions. 

Sp on them???

Aside from that do people feel Levein seems far more relaxed and confident in interviews now than he has been since coming back to the dugout. Or is that just my impression

All our signings will probably be loans. Even big Kogel will probably end up being a loan. 

Hopefully we're looking at pre-contract deals as well for next season. 

2 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Seen that Everton are after Harry Cochrane... they can **** right off! 

14teen million quazillion pahooonds based on entirely on popcorn teeths valuation of the fat assed elephant manboy 

41 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Sounds like we're going for stop gaps again, was hoping at least a couple of our january signings would be somewhat long term as i'd like to see a team next season that aren't still getting to know each other

4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

If so, he was my other random guess yesterday, I am doing the lotto this weekend :)

PM me your numbers mate lol

58 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I am going to say its Cameron Brannagan and he will be hear on loan until we can get the boy from St Gallen. Edit not him he signed for Oxford today.

Sir Gio what are you guessing on this one?

18 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Diddly squat Belge......sighs 

Aw well maybe more on the return 

cheers

Psychedelicropcircle
18 hours ago, neilr61 said:

Knocked back a 6 figure some from some turkish team for him

For him to be placed on their stadium roof for his built in solar panel ! Whole new spin on green energy?

rudi must stay
10 hours ago, tian447 said:

Unreal that.  Absolutely brilliant!

"Miura holds the records for being the oldest footballer and oldest goalscorer in worldwide professional leagues at age 50"

Bravo, Sir!

well done to him. He probably plays about 5 minutes every season and defences are told not to tackle him

5 hours ago, sadj said:

14teen million quazillion pahooonds based on entirely on popcorn teeths valuation of the fat assed elephant manboy 

:lol:

Coburg Hearts
17 hours ago, tian447 said:

Unreal that.  Absolutely brilliant!

"Miura holds the records for being the oldest footballer and oldest goalscorer in worldwide professional leagues at age 50"

Bravo, Sir!

Going back some, but Sir Stanley Mathews was still playing for Stoke City after his 50th birthday. 

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Seen that Everton are after Harry Cochrane... they can **** right off! 

£5m would be a start.

4 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Going back some, but Sir Stanley Mathews was still playing for Stoke City after his 50th birthday. 

Imagine the seethe if we signed a 50 year old striker :lol:

Tynecastle would make Chernobyl look like nothing :rofl: 

Not ITK at all, but saw that Ryan Flynn has left Oldham.  Pretty sure he's a big Hearts fan and could be the type of player we are looking at.  Came through the ranks at Falkirk.

Just now, Jambo92 said:

Not ITK at all, but saw that Ryan Flynn has left Oldham.  Pretty sure he's a big Hearts fan and could be the type of player we are looking at.  Came through the ranks at Falkirk.

He has had talks with Hearts that's as far as it has gone to date. He has had an offer from Motherwell. Was injured for a good part of the season but is fully fit now. Fast wee lad and good ball control.

I notice Aberdeen have picked up Nwakali on loan from Man City

That's now four players on loan to scottish sides from City; Smith-Brown with us, Barker at hibs, Roberts at celtic and now this guy with aberdeen

Considering City have these feeder clubs like  New York City, Melbourne City, Girona, Club Atletico Torque, Yokohama F. Marinos and NAC Breda i'm surprised that so many of their players are being sent up here

Is it possible that the relative success of Philip Roberts at celtic has made them more likely to send talent up here? 

55 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Ah Ryan Flynn, Kickback was much more exciting in those days

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/falkirk-winger-ryan-flynn-waits-on-hearts-offer-1-1649629

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

That's now four players on loan to scottish sides from City; Smith-Brown with us, Barker at hibs, Roberts at celtic and now this guy with aberdeen

Considering City have these feeder clubs like  New York City, Melbourne City, Girona, Club Atletico Torque, Yokohama F. Marinos and NAC Breda i'm surprised that so many of their players are being sent up here

Is it possible that the relative success of Philip Roberts at celtic has made them more likely to send talent up here? 

Much less of a culture change, esp for young lads. 

Although I'd be pushing for somewhere warm, not Aberdeen if it was me.

Coburg Hearts
39 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I read it's a scam to comply with UEFA's fair play laws, i.e. to get round them.

8 hours ago, Russ1977 said:

Under contract till 2020 so won’t come cheap. Wonder how they are planning on paying for him. 

Seeems they plan to shift Herrera to Santos Laguna for £1m to fund it, Hamilton would take £750k for him.

thing is

hamilton would want that upfront due to their financial status and Rangers would want to do it £50k a month no doubt

and Herrera is quoted as saying his dream is European football and doesn’t want to go back to Mexico just yet 

so to answer your question, they can’t afford it

1 hour ago, BM1874 said:

Seeems they plan to shift Herrera to Santos Laguna for £1m to fund it, Hamilton would take £750k for him.

thing is

hamilton would want that upfront due to their financial status and Rangers would want to do it £50k a month no doubt

and Herrera is quoted as saying his dream is European football and doesn’t want to go back to Mexico just yet 

so to answer your question, they can’t afford it

Sounds a bit fanciful all round. I don’t think any ( or many ) clubs osid up front but I can understand Hamilton’s reticence. 

12 hours ago, Russ1977 said:

Under contract till 2020 so won’t come cheap. Wonder how they are planning on paying for him. 

They wont be.

Portable Badger

Falkirk's 18-year-old defender Tony Gallacher will train with Liverpool this week as Reds boss Jurgen Klopp ponders a move for the Bairns kid.

reported on BBC.       Bet Jordan McGhee can't believe Jurgen hasn't spotted him !!

5 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

Osman Sow not even on the bench today for MK Dons. 

He’s serving his last game of a 3 match suspension.

The Old Tolbooth

I'm hearing from a mate who supports Dundee Utd that we've secured Scott Fraser on a pre contract, not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere yet. 

Bazzas right boot
18 hours ago, tazhearts said:

Osman Sow not even on the bench today for MK Dons. 

Just as well

He's suspended.

23 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Scott McKenna from Aberdeen to Hull possibly. 

What I want to see is.Kenny McLean from Aberdeen to Hearts

Can someone give me some details on Fraser, genuinely struggling to think who he is. Made his debut in 2014 and on loan to Airdrie? Won’t have been in the same division as us very often.

...a bit disco
18 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Can someone give me some details on Fraser, genuinely struggling to think who he is. Made his debut in 2014 and on loan to Airdrie? Won’t have been in the same division as us very often.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/dundee-united-star-scott-fraser-finds-difficult-sum-roller-coaster-2017/

Dr Ian Malcolm

Tbf, Levein agreed to sign Neil McFarlane whilst he was recovering from a cruciate injury. Not sure a broken foot would put him off.

As Fraser turns 23 in March, am I correct in saying we won't be due to pay any development fee to United? 

27 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Scored direct from an indirect free kick against us the season they went down. Pretty overrated to me but probably worth giving a chance. 

The Old Tolbooth
24 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Scored direct from an indirect free kick against us the season they went down. Pretty overrated to me but probably worth giving a chance. 

I asked what Fraser was like, and his reply was that he was their most gifted player by some distance, a bit lightweight, but would do a job for us once back fit. 

Sounds promising to me. 

29 minutes ago, Manny1874 said:

As Fraser turns 23 in March, am I correct in saying we won't be due to pay any development fee to United? 

I'm sure it's 24 

Archived