The January Window ( merged )

Bauld

48 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Lol. Soapy had worse surgery and recovered just fine.

Same foot broken in pretty much same place twice in a matter of 15 or so games suggests a serious weakness to me. Pre-contract, if true, will be subject to medical at start of contract. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Scored direct from an indirect free kick against us the season they went down. Pretty overrated to me but probably worth giving a chance. 

16 minutes ago, johnmitchell said:

I asked what Fraser was like, and his reply was that he was their most gifted player by some distance, a bit lightweight, but would do a job for us once back fit. 

Sounds promising to me. 

Thanks chaps.

On 1/13/2018 at 00:00, Russ1977 said:

Under contract till 2020 so won’t come cheap. Wonder how they are planning on paying for him. 

Simple. Foundations for a cheaper purchase already underway.

They will just unsettle Docherty with the help of the media and a wee bit of illegal tapping.

Hey Presto.... a distracted and unhappy player in the Hamilton dressing room.

True value then plummets after loss of form and fallouts with manager and team mates.

I'm sure Sevco have used this strategy before somewhere ??

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Russell Martin from Norwich City to Rangers on loan..their 3rd loan signing in this window

Good.

Should hopefully kill their alleged prospects of signing Naismith

LarrysRightFoot
1 minute ago, andrew said:

Martin will do well up here.

I think he will as well

3 minutes ago, andrew said:

Martin will do well up here.

Poor mans Berra , however he will be a decent signing up here i’d imagine...

...a bit disco
18 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Will Norwich have any players left?

Grant Hanley.

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Spencer said:

Small mercies eh 

He is absolutely ****ing rancid 

:lol:

rudi must stay

Looks like Man United are signing Sanchez. Could be a big signing if they can get him back to the player he was a few seasons ago

10 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

Kyle Cameron on loan from Newcastle on bbc rumours. 

Would be strange to sign a centre back ......unless someone moving out??

2 minutes ago, Big Moysey said:

Would be strange to sign a centre back ......unless someone moving out??

Suspect it might mean Nowak is going. Probably just cover 

Unless we plan to put Baur out on loan until end of the season 

4 minutes ago, Joel Miller said:

Would that maybe suggest we are moving to 3 at the back?

Thats what I suspect.

Arthur Morgan
3 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

Thats what I suspect.

Makes sense. By the sound of it, Mitchell will be more suited to a wing back role where he has less defensive responsibility. Randall is good enough to play as a wing back too. It would also suit Brandon when he's required.

3 minutes ago, Joel Miller said:

Makes sense. By the sound of it, Mitchell will be more suited to a wing back role where he has less defensive responsibility. Randall is good enough to play as a wing back too. It would also suit Brandon when he's required.

Not sure what that would mean for Michael Smith 

Probably least equipped for a wing back role. Perhaps he could play within a back 3. His performance against Celtic at centre back was arguably his best performance of the season 

3 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Probably least equipped for a wing back role. Perhaps he could play within a back 3. His performance against Celtic at centre back was arguably his best performance of the season 

I like Smith, he’s solid but not not remarkable. Maybe if the attacking wingbacks are the way forward (pun intended) then maybe he’s not got much of a future. However, in relation to him in the back 3, I was under the impression he could fit into centre back if needed. Sure I’ve read/seen that somewhere. Although I know naff all about football nowadays so I could be making that up. 

Arthur Morgan
13 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Yeah would have to be as a back up CB as I don't rate him as a fullback tbh.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
6 minutes ago, Joel Miller said:

Yeah would have to be as a back up CB as I don't rate him as a fullback tbh.

This. He isn't suited to be a modern fullback.

A poor mans Robbie Neilson

Why the sudden rush to get Cummings in by Rangers? Like why fly him up late on a Sunday night and have Walter smith show him around Murray park to sign on on loan? Seems weird, it’s not the last day of the transfer window? 

The Treasurer
30 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Smith has been one of our most consistent players this season, whatever position he has been asked to play.

Just now, The Treasurer said:

Smith has been one of our most consistent players this season, whatever position he has been asked to play.

He has been solid and dependable. Been a bit of an auxiliary type 

If you are playing with wingbacks and a back three, it makes sense to have CBs who can also play as FBs. 

12 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Sevco offer £350,000 for Jordan Jones. 

They must be confident of a hefty clear out this month.

Hope the lad tells them to bolt !

Captain America

Smith was signed to play WB under Cathro so I'm sure he is capable of playing the role.

I remember he looked good going forward in LC against East Fife. Hit a decent shot off the post IIRC.

50 minutes ago, dumpson said:

They must be confident of a hefty clear out this month.

Hope the lad tells them to bolt !

Or they'll be paying in installments over 4 transfer windows 

Does anyone know how many loan players a club can have on the books at one time given the number that Sevco appear to be bidding for?

1 minute ago, Des' Dad said:

Does anyone know how many loan players a club can have on the books at one time given the number that Sevco appear to be bidding for?

I could be wrong here but I was under the impression you could have as many as you want but cant play more than 5 in a game?

The Old Tolbooth
5 minutes ago, MrB1to4 said:

I could be wrong here but I was under the impression you could have as many as you want but cant play more than 5 in a game?

I thought it was only so many from Scottish clubs, but there was no limit on English clubs, how many did Hibs have the season they went down and we pumped them in the best final ever? Sure it was quite a lot. 

4 minutes ago, MrB1to4 said:

Limited to 4 plus a keeper 

Gene Parmesan
8 minutes ago, Des' Dad said:

As many as you want from outside your own country.

One from same division as you.

Two from other divisions in Scotland.

Maximum number of loan signings is probably a scab we shouldn’t scratch at too vigorously imo.

Just now, johnmitchell said:

I thought it was only so many from Scottish clubs, but there was no limit on English clubs, how many did Hibs have the season they went down and we pumped them in the best final ever? Sure it was quite a lot. 

SPFL rules (loans are called 'temporary transfers')

"...a Club shall not during any part of a season have more than four players registered to it..." (regulation 77)

Then says you can also have a goalkeeper

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Maximum number of loan signings is probably a scab we shouldn’t scratch at too vigorously imo.

Why? Do you think what we did with Kaunas a decade ago will come back and bite us on the ass :rofl:

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Why? Do you think what we did with Kaunas a decade ago will come back and bite us on the ass :rofl:

No. Just seems a bit silly trying to condemn the Huns for it re their current transfer activity, when we are on our third (fourth including Smith-Brown) so far this season, and currently looking at others.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

What do we have?

Randall

Smith-Brown/Mitchell (1 in 1 returned to the shop)

Any more, Monday morning, brain not sparking yet

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

What do we have?

Randall

Smith-Brown/Mitchell (1 in 1 returned to the shop)

Any more, Monday morning, brain not sparking yet

Milinkovic

4 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Why the sudden rush to get Cummings in by Rangers? Like why fly him up late on a Sunday night and have Walter smith show him around Murray park to sign on on loan? Seems weird, it’s not the last day of the transfer window? 

Dunno it's almost like they want to get someone in because they can't afford Naismith and want it to look like they weren't interested in the first place. 

Either that of they want him signed before Forest realise they don't have the cash to pony up their agreed amount of the wages 

Players Sevco are signing really don't concern me - Cummings may or may not do well for them but he's definitely not a player proven to be better than what we could get. Same with Martin. Same with the lad from Hamilton.

Ifwe are smart in the next couple of windows (a big if there) then we shouldn't be worried. They're still a basket case club with deep rooted problems. Their fans are still stuck thinking they should be signing Gazza and Laudrup quality players and they'll not settle for Russell Martin punting it to Cummings. Living in the past and more deluded than ever. 

Hearts are in a good place. Finish the stand off this year and the budget all of a sudden because good enough for us to go after players as good, if not better, than what they're looking at, putting them into a much better ran club.

Archived