'Hearts are in a relegation battle'

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

All the ingredients are there for a relegation battle. The support is restless, the squad is shite and our past transfer windows have been horrendous. 

However I like the risk of it all, makes the season more exciting. And if we're clever we could create a real siege mentality.  We must get January right and I think we will. 

I do understand the frustration of the perceived negative bunch. I just don't understand how it helps going on and on about the team as we can't do anything till January. 

You seem to be making more and more sense lately.

It's disconcerting.

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Not quite going the way you said it would, is it?

We’ve had three games at Tynecastle - all winnable but we haven’t won.

So the answer to your question is no.

You seem brimming with delight about this poor form.

Odd 

1 hour ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Hibs were missing managed.

Butcher to of half the team they we're shite and they would be punted in the summer.

He then had to rely on said players to play for him.

Stupidity doesn't quite cover it.

We still need to get that win, if anything for confidence.

It's actually a task in itself working out what words you're trying to use, then when that's done it seems to make less sense somehow.

16 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

All the ingredients are there for a relegation battle. The support is restless, the squad is shite and our past transfer windows have been horrendous. 

However I like the risk of it all, makes the season more exciting. And if we're clever we could create a real siege mentality.  We must get January right and I think we will. 

I do understand the frustration of the perceived negative bunch. I just don't understand how it helps going on and on about the team as we can't do anything till January. 

It's not the type of excitement I had in mind at the start of the season. 

The White Cockade

haven't read any of this thread but we ARE in a relegation battle

can't see how anyone can say otherwise

we are only 3 points ahead of 11th place

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

It's not the type of excitement I had in mind at the start of the season. 

No, me neither. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
16 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

We’ve had three games at Tynecastle - all winnable but we haven’t won.

So the answer to your question is no.

You seem brimming with delight about this poor form.

Odd 

:rofl:

Deflect, deflect, deflect

1 hour ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Hibs were missing managed.

Butcher to of half the team they we're shite and they would be punted in the summer.

He then had to rely on said players to play for him.

Stupidity doesn't quite cover it.

We still need to get that win, if anything for confidence.

For Hibs read Hearts.For Butcher read Levein who to appease the fans has said its going to take 2 windows ie move on players he considers not good enough(having signed off on their contracts).

Stupidity does not quite cover it.

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

It's actually a task in itself working out what words you're trying to use, then when that's done it seems to make less sense somehow.

Shambles, my auto correct on my phone is a ****ing pain.

1 minute ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Shambles, my auto correct on my phone is a ****ing pain.

I was worried you might've had a stroke.

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

What if we are bottom in February Rents?

Then we are doomed. We can then hire a plane Mad Budge oot lol. 

14 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

haven't read any of this thread but we ARE in a relegation battle

can't see how anyone can say otherwise

we are only 3 points ahead of 11th place

Or 5 points of 5th depending on yer glass. :teehee:

7 hours ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Correct, we concede too many from set pieces. I'd imagine if you take out goals from set pieces we would have the 2nd best defence in the league.

So we can’t score and can’t defend set pieces but we will be just fine!!

We need a win to get out of this terrible run but I can’t see us beating anyone with this team. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I was worried you might've had a stroke.

its annoying, just puts "ing" on the end of words  and changes things like "the" to "he". Even "a" becomes "s"  sometimes. If I don't check it, whole  ****ing words have changed.

I wasn't having a stroke. I use two hands when having a stroke, so unable to   type any way:fonzie:

The White Cockade
5 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Or 5 points of 5th depending on yer glass. :teehee:

the way we are going 5 points is a long way to go

we have been playing with more bottle though so if we could get a win and get the confidence up

things will be different hopefully

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

we have been playing with more bottle though so if we could get a win and get the confidence up

That's the hope, one  win and we could get a few results strung together.

get beat tho, and the opposite happens.

Crucial time for us, the draw on Saturday although a poor result, giving how the game panned out, it could be really important.

16 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

All down to this weekend really. 

12 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

That's the hope, one  win and we could get a few results strung together.

get beat tho, and the opposite happens.

Crucial time for us, the draw on Saturday although a poor result, giving how the game panned out, it could be really important.

How did the game ‘pan out’  exactly. I saw it pan out as 2 dropped points at home against a bottom 6 team for the 3rd game running. If there’s something positive I’m missing dropping all these points please let me know.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

How did the game ‘pan out’  exactly. I saw it pan out as 2 dropped points at home against a bottom 6 team for the 3rd game running. If there’s something positive I’m missing dropping all these points please let me know.

we got a man sent off.

we could have easily been beat.

2 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

we got a man sent off.

It has to be said that we went a goal up then lost that lead to get a point. If we had any get up and go about us we could and should have seen the game out with a gain of 3 points.

Walter Bishop

Anyone know where we would have finished last season without the points accumulated before Cathro took over, if we based it on his average points for whole season? 

This isn't a bad run of a few games this is been going on for a year!

4 hours ago, Boab said:

Get her a bottle for christmas !

She'll be getting a bottle of "where's my birthday Laphroaig? Fess up ya cow!" :D

You can take the girl out of Scotland..

Captain America

I think we have enough individual quality players not to go down but we don't seem to have any team cohesion. 

The fact we have failed to win 4 games in a row at home against teams against teams we should be beating is worrying.

Looking at the 6 games left this calendar year the teams ( apart from Dundee) are all better than the ones we have just played. So this winless run could quite easily continue. 

Not winning seems to be a rut we are in over the last 12 months. Only 12 wins since start of Dec doesn't make good reading. 3 of which were against lower league opposition. 

The one thing I do worry about with this team is lack of fight which is an essential characteristic of a team who wants to survive a relegation battle. 

41 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

we got a man sent off.

And this is positive in your mind yes ?

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

And this is positive in your mind yes ?

the original post explains my feelings .

13 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

the original post explains my feelings .

If I’m reading your original post correctly you accept it was a poor result in one sentence. Next sentence describes it as being a potentially important result. I think your a bit confused now after weeks of blindly defending the indefensible state the club is in on the football side

3 hours ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

Pretty much bang on except I didn't run away. 

Let's call it a drive by then

videotogif_2017.12.04_21.55.36.gif

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

If I’m reading your original post correctly you accept it was a poor result in one sentence. Next sentence describes it as being a potentially important result. I think your a bit confused now after weeks of blindly defending the indefensible state the club is in on the football side

ffs, if we had gotten beat it would have been allot worse. Surely that shouldn't need t be explained. For clarification a DRAW is better than a DEFEAT.

A draw isn't a good result, tho and I wanted a win before hand,  but giving we got a man sent off in the first half , a 1-1 draw wasn't terrible and showed we had some fight and guts about us.

Points, confidence, fans turning if we had gotten beat would have been worse off, so a draw given what happened  and that we could have easily been beaten it is a potentially  important result.

Why, if we win on Saturday this winless run becomes 4 unbeaten, that wouldn't have been possible if we had got beat and a point is better than none.

Hope that clarifies.

Don't think I have blindly defended anything. Me thinks you are getting a little balance, logic, patience, rational along with a dash of hope and optimism mixed up with those who are slavering, negative, CL and Hearts hating, moaning and greetin' faced wee fuds mixed up.

Neverforgetfiveone

New to all this...

January is massive for us, left back isn't the only issue. We lack pace, cutting edge, drive and obviously goals. We need 3 players of real SPL quality (if there is such a thing). Only by the end of January will we be able to say yes or no on a relegation battle. If the powers that be **** this window up and don't improve the quality we could be in the soup. Saying that, the likes of Niall McGinn, Chris Cadden and Liam Henderson would make a hefty boost to our first 11.

7 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

C'mon be a wee bit more specific...e.g. which club, inc clubs who needs players (that was a revelation!) might be interested in a well paid

French midfielder who couldn't get a game in a poor mid table SPFL side and hasn't played at all for 4/5 months by the time January comes?

Nah I'll not bother.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

New to all this...

January is massive for us, left back isn't the only issue. We lack pace, cutting edge, drive and obviously goals. We need 3 players of real SPL quality (if there is such a thing). Only by the end of January will we be able to say yes or no on a relegation battle. If the powers that be **** this window up and don't improve the quality we could be in the soup. Saying that, the likes of Niall McGinn, Chris Cadden and Liam Henderson would make a hefty boost to our first 11.

Welcome, good post imo but be prepared to be shot down.

If we are in a relegation battle then so are six other sides alongside us. If we win on Saturday then Motherwell must also be in a relegation battle as they would only be 2 points ahead of us. Or does winning one match mean that we are no longer in a relegation battle?

I know that the phrase relegation battle is readily thrown about but not for anyone after 16 matches. What you can do at this stage of the season is pretty much make sure that you are not in a battle later in the season. This is what we are not doing at the moment.

However, I have said many times since Saturday a team with a defensive record like ours does not go down. If we start to leak goals (and still haven't worked out how to get our goals scored average above one per game) then will I start to fret about a potential upcoming relegation battle.

8 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

If we are in a relegation battle then so are six other sides alongside us. If we win on Saturday then Motherwell must also be in a relegation battle as they would only be 2 points ahead of us. Or does winning one match mean that we are no longer in a relegation battle?

I know that the phrase relegation battle is readily thrown about but not for anyone after 16 matches. What you can do at this stage of the season is pretty much make sure that you are not in a battle later in the season. This is what we are not doing at the moment.

However, I have said many times since Saturday a team with a defensive record like ours does not go down. If we start to leak goals (and still haven't worked out how to get our goals scored average above one per game) then will I start to fret about a potential upcoming relegation battle.

I agree, Graham, that talk of relegation battles are a bit premature but,at present, we have the fourth best defensive record in the Premiership.

Hibs had the 6th when they were relegated with us in 2014.

Probably means hee haw but I think we need to put a bit of distance between us and the bottom two to stop this talk continuing.

Our form over a long period of time is that of a team in severe danger of relegation, until such time that form improves, we are in a relegation battle.

22 minutes ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

New to all this...

Of course, the thing that's worrying us all is that the club think they've been bringing in real SPL quality in the past and our team is still a bit shit.

But we've been damned unlucky, signings like Tziolis should have given us SOMETHING, and most of the players brought in over the last couple of years have looked good on paper.

Fingers crossed

I AM BLOCK CAPITAL LETTERING.

FIRST PAGE THE QUESTION WAS ASKED AFTER THE OP SAID HE HAD HEARD THIS.

WHO SAID THIS ?

HAS ANYONE CONFIRMED THIS STATEMENT.

back down to small LETTERING .

Is this another troll ?

So many threads started by dodgy names and low post counts (which is not a crime) but history of negative posts.

Some about bad hearts fans being bad to fathers and daughters.

Problems with shit about shit etc.

Anyone else getting sick of reading shit from hibs tramps then made to feel like they are the wrong ones.

And even the constant barbs from the likes of i8 can get to feck.

12 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Of course, the thing that's worrying us all is that the club think they've been bringing in real SPL quality in the past and our team is still a bit shit.

But we've been damned unlucky, signings like Tziolis should have given us SOMETHING, and most of the players brought in over the last couple of years have looked good on paper.

Fingers crossed

That's the worrying thing, it's like no matter what players or how many you throw at it, it stays the same, what does that tell you?

14 minutes ago, Boab said:

I agree, Graham, that talk of relegation battles are a bit premature but,at present, we have the fourth best defensive record in the Premiership.

Hibs had the 6th when they were relegated with us in 2014.

Probably means hee haw but I think we need to put a bit of distance between us and the bottom two to stop this talk continuing.

Indeed, it was goals scored that did for Hibs...31 for the whole season. That is the warning if we don't start to score goals.

15 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Our form over a long period of time is that of a team in severe danger of relegation, until such time that form improves, we are in a relegation battle.

Almost, unless the form improves we will be in a relegation battle...we aren't in one yet...no one in the league is.....yet...

13 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

That's the worrying thing, it's like no matter what players or how many you throw at it, it stays the same, what does that tell you?

We're due a break?

9 hours ago, Jeff said:

We never played anything like how we did vs Ross County against the others. If we play like that week in week out we would win most games, the problem is that we don't. The ability is defo there though.

The Ross County game was the anomaly not the norm!!! That was a game we played above ourselves and still couldn’t win. We then reverted to type. This group of players are totally limited, almost to a man. You are making out that we should expect more performances akin to the Ross County game (that we drew!) when the reality is that was a rare aggressive and dominant game. The actual level is that if the Killie and Hamilton matches as evidenced of a significant sample size. 33pts in 33 league games is ALL anyone needs to know about the complete ineptitude of the current first team and it’s staff. Without massive surgery we are goosed and it will be the failings of other teams that will see us survive rather than any abilities we might have. 

11 hours ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Ifs and buts. Your argument is based on the premise that we fail to win the next 2 games which is unlikely. And should we fail to win the next 2, there's no certainty about us heading for the playoffs.

10 hours ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

You' get about 6/1 at the bookies for starters.

Try calculating the odds for a "win or draw" double for Motherwell and Dundee. It will be a lot shorter than 6/1, I would imagine. 

1 hour ago, Hendricks said:

The Ross County game was the anomaly not the norm!!! That was a game we played above ourselves and still couldn’t win. We then reverted to type. This group of players are totally limited, almost to a man. You are making out that we should expect more performances akin to the Ross County game (that we drew!) when the reality is that was a rare aggressive and dominant game. The actual level is that if the Killie and Hamilton matches as evidenced of a significant sample size. 33pts in 33 league games is ALL anyone needs to know about the complete ineptitude of the current first team and it’s staff. Without massive surgery we are goosed and it will be the failings of other teams that will see us survive rather than any abilities we might have. 

I agree that, in the main, we have a group of limited players but I never buy this ‘failings of others’ argument. Football league placings are relative and the failings and successes of each team are just two sides if the same coin. Teams typically end up in the league position they deserve, over a season. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I agree that, in the main, we have a group of limited players but I never buy this ‘failings of others’ argument. Football league placings are relative and the failings and successes of each team are just two sides if the same coin. Teams typically end up in the league position they deserve, over a season. 

Don't dispute that at all. My point being that its only because the league is of such a low standard that a club like ours barely averaging a point a game will still likely be ok. Frankly Hearts would deserve a worse punishment than surviving in 9th or 10th should our 2017 league form continue given our vastly superior support and resources etc than minnows like Hamilton and Ross County. Its absolutely pathetic the way we are being run in a football sense. 

22 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Don't dispute that at all. My point being that its only because the league is of such a low standard that a club like ours barely averaging a point a game will still likely be ok. Frankly Hearts would deserve a worse punishment than surviving in 9th or 10th should our 2017 league form continue given our vastly superior support and resources etc than minnows like Hamilton and Ross County. Its absolutely pathetic the way we are being run in a football sense. 

Totally agree.  

25 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

An average of a point a game usually sees a team safe.

7 hours ago, Hendricks said:

I get what you are saying and agree we should be doing better but if you were you to rank the league as ‘point per pounds invested in the playing side’ then Celtic would likely finish bottom. ?

Archived