'Hearts are in a relegation battle'

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

10 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

He said that if people don't pay money for players, you can only pay up their deals. Players will most likely move on for free in this window or go out on loan for a %age of their wage.

So if they move on for 'FREE' i.e. Hearts don't want money for them. Why would e.g. Martin who still has two and a half  years of his £X contract at Hearts move somewhere unless he is getting more than £X, if no-one is prepared to pay £X or more than £X, we are stuck with him. If he goes out on loan, we still pay a percentage of his wages i.e. we still pay a significant amount of Sammon's wages and will be doing so for a while? What planet are you on? 

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

Another thread for the foamers to touch each other and feel better.

Wow!  Incisive contribution to the football debate!

:whistling:

14 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Clubs that need players.

Obviously!  But something tells me they are not looking for pish poor out of form players.....just a hunch mind.

16 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Hearts! We seem to do that all the time. :smile:

:munny:

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Well thought out comment Toshy.

:welldone:

Cheers.

10 minutes ago, NewYorkFleaPit said:

The trumpet posting from his NY hovel would know all about how we’re playing at the moment right enough.

Careful now - he gets all precious when that is raised.......:whistling:

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
4 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

So if they move on for 'FREE' i.e. Hearts don't want money for them. Why would e.g. Martin who still has two and a half  years of his £X contract at Hearts move somewhere unless he is getting more than £X, if no-one is prepared to pay £X or more than £X, we are stuck with him. If he goes out on loan, we still pay a percentage of his wages i.e. we still pay a significant amount of Sammon's wages and will be doing so for a while? What planet are you on? 

That's not strictly true, players move all the time for other reasons than money. Martin, for example, might want a fresh start, or somewhere where he will get playing time, and be willing to take a lower wage. If someone pays a %age of his wages in a loan deal then that is still money we can use to bring in players. But these are options you said didn't exist in your initial post.

18 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Clubs that need players.

C'mon be a wee bit more specific...e.g. which club, inc clubs who needs players (that was a revelation!) might be interested in a well paid

French midfielder who couldn't get a game in a poor mid table SPFL side and hasn't played at all for 4/5 months by the time January comes?

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

As he should, classic playing the man and not the ball, a snidey attack.

The picture comes through just fine on Hearts World, we can all see how well or otherwise the team is playing

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
Just now, bobskeldon said:

C'mon be a wee bit more specific...e.g. which club, inc clubs who needs players (that was a revelation!) might be interested in a well paid

French midfielder who couldn't get a game in a poor mid table SPFL side and hasn't played at all for 4/5 months by the time January comes?

I'm sure he would be welcomed back at lillestrom, if I'm not mistaken he was their player of the year.

1 minute ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

I'm sure he would be welcomed back at lillestrom, if I'm not mistaken he was their player of the year.

I await the Lillestrom scarf above the head picture!

7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

He’ll see that post now you’ve quoted it as he has me on block such is his precious nature.

Still haven’t received a copy of his pay check he was so keen to share with me...

Walter Bishop
Just now, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Rubbish.

4 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

That's not strictly true, players move all the time for other reasons than money. Martin, for example, might want a fresh start, or somewhere where he will get playing time, and be willing to take a lower wage. If someone pays a %age of his wages in a loan deal then that is still money we can use to bring in players. But these are options you said didn't exist in your initial post.

This is likely to be Martin’s last decent contract so why would he move somewhere for less money. 

If he wants to play, we won’t stop him but if he’s earning 2k per week here and offered 1k per week elsewhere he’s still going to say I’ll stay and keep getting my 2k per week or go for the lower salary but you will have to pay me the difference for 2 and a half years or give me x as a lump sum compensation.

If you were earning 2k per week, would you move to earn half that?????

We are awful but not the worst team in the league. Because we have no midfield we have no creativity going forward or protection for the defence. 

Once Jan rolls round hopefully we should be able to sort that and it will become palatable again.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
Just now, merseyjambo said:

This is likely to be Martin’s last decent contract so why would he move somewhere for less money. 

If he wants to play, we won’t stop him but if he’s earning 2k per week here and offered 1k per week elsewhere he’s still going to say I’ll stay and keep getting my 2k per week or go for the lower salary but you will have to pay me the difference for 2 and a half years or give me x as a lump sum compensation.

If you were earning 2k per week, would you move to earn half that?????

If I'd been making a small fortune my whole career, money would become less important than playing time.

2 minutes ago, NewYorkFleaPit said:

He’ll see that post now you’ve quoted it as he has me on block such is his precious nature.

Still haven’t received a copy of his pay check he was so keen to share with me...

Pretty sure he has blocked me too -

"THE TRUTH!! YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!"  (Jack Nicholson - A Few Good Men)

7 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Clutching at straws now Juho.

Walter Bishop

If I'd been making a small fortune my whole career, money would become less important than playing time.

You need to stop. Every post is more and more cringe worthy. 

2 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Yup....that's how these foreign jonnies work right enough!

:wonga:

Heard it all now. 

Footballers have a short career in which they need to maximise income. They’re not going to take a pay cut so they can play without getting a pay off

2 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

You need to stop. Every post is more and more cringe worthy. 

Starting to wonder if he is just at the wind up...the name must be a clue.

Our remaining games of 2017:

Motherwell (h)

Dundee (h)

Celtic (h)

St Johnstone (a)

Hibs (h)

Aberdeen (a)

One of the above being a complete write off (Celtic) I think some people may be rethinking their opinion of this thread on Hogmany.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Our remaining games of 2017:

Motherwell (h)

Dundee (h)

Celtic (h)

St Johnstone (a)

Hibs (h)

Aberdeen (a)

One of the above being a complete write off (Celtic) I think some people may be rethinking their opinion of this thread on Hogmany.

Yep. I don't think we'll win any of them.

1 minute ago, Darren said:

Yep. I don't think we'll win any of them.

6 without a win already, I just do not understand people's denial.  Do they think it makes them more of a supporter to bury their heads.

46 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

OK you make some valid points which I can accept.

With regards to JJ in his first spell - he did have to weed out the shite, and he did so pretty quickly. Within a couple of years he built one of the most exciting Hearts teams I ever saw, with great signings like Weir, Cameron, McCann, Rossett, Flogel, Bruno, Salvatore, Adam, etc, - a side that went on to give me my best day ever!!

If Levein can do that I''ll happily eat my old Hetz bunnet.

Indeed, but we didn't have transfer Windows in them days!

7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Pretty sure he has blocked me too -

"THE TRUTH!! YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!"  (Jack Nicholson - A Few Good Men)

I would have got that without you telling me :lol: 

14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

As he should, classic playing the man and not the ball, a snidey attack.

The picture comes through just fine on Hearts World, we can all see how well or otherwise the team is playing

He posted -

"Another thread for the foamers to touch each other and feel better"

"Playing the man" did you say, so please spare me the sanctimonious "snidey attack" sermon thanks.

3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Indeed, but we didn't have transfer Windows in them days!

Good point - but transfer windows does not stop you signing quality, rather than the shite we have been lumbered with.

August Landmesser
46 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

I meant 3 points from being second bottom

Those positions have been deficient for 2 years yet the DOF is only just realising we need players in them now ?????

This years Hearts are not the same team as before either

The DoF is now in charge of selecting transfer targets, as well as just doing the admin of signing them. The current squad of superstars was largely created by Cathro with a bit of Robbbie's leftovers. How many times do people need to be told that CL was not choosing signings when Robbie and Cathro were here?

CL has signed Malinkovic (a good signing) and Callachan (a decent signing) 

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

I'd have to be very young to remember being relegated right enough.

Completely different set of circumstances, but then you know that! 

The last "proper" relegation dogfight we were involved in without any points deductions was in 98-99 season when we won at Partick on the last day of the season to guarantee safety, as it happened, even if we had lost, we would've stayed up anyway as other results went our way, but that was a dirty breeks day! 

38 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

No one cares if he cares, what matters is the results and the performances of Hearts on the pitch. Neither have been good so far at all.

And again, as for January, you're fully confident we'll sign 3 or 4 really good players. I've got absolutely no confidence as I am basing it on the last 4 transfer windows all of which have been pretty much shambolic. The last good January signing who improved our team was Zeefuik, 3 years ago. 

Levein has everything to prove, you mention about not being able to fix the problems this season - I think nobody is in any doubt it'll take time. People very much are in doubt about who should be given that time - there is very little trust that Craig Levein is actually the right man for the job.

They haven't been good enough for a year but we can only piss with the ****** we've got at the moment.

I don't think anyone is under any illusions that where we are at the moment on the field is anyone other than Levein and to a degree, the boards fault. His decision to appoint Cathro and failure to bin him in May, has set us back 2 years. The recruitment has been shambolic but I do believe that Neilson and Cathro had pretty much free reign on who's in and out of the first team.

That said, as a manager at both Hearts and Utd, Levein made good signings and understands as a manager, what he needs. 

Other than Levein or Daly. The options were Hartley or Pressley, those were the two candidates who were at the top of Ann's list. Do you think they'd have faired any better up to this point than Levein with the same squad?  I don't think so. 

I can understand the concern looking at the table but there has to be an acceptance that we have a mid table squad which we can't do anything about until January. This is the unfortunate reality of the situation. 

After January, if we do sign some players which address the issues in the squad, I'd then expect to see us progress and finish the season strongly.

Next season I'd expect us to be a top  side once more. I'm sure that's something we all agree on. 

23 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

He posted -

"Another thread for the foamers to touch each other and feel better"

"Playing the man" did you say, so please spare me the sanctimonious "snidey attack" sermon thanks.

Didn't see his post, but you judge him then call me sanctimonious? Hypocrite. 

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Didn't see his post, but you judge him then call me sanctimonious? Hypocrite. 

Well maybe you should read the thread before jumping in - save us both a bit of grief.  :thumbsup:

13 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

The DoF is now in charge of selecting transfer targets, as well as just doing the admin of signing them. The current squad of superstars was largely created by Cathro with a bit of Robbbie's leftovers. How many times do people need to be told that CL was not choosing signings when Robbie and Cathro were here?

CL has signed Malinkovic (a good signing) and Callachan (a decent signing) 

I think Malinkovic is decent - Callachan is well out of his depth I am afraid.

Fancy us to go on a great run of games soon enough.

100% confident a few very decent additions will be made in January and we'll be top 6 with plenty to spare.

I'm still hopeful of top 4.

Really looking forward to the season ahead.

We_are_the_Hearts
2 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

100% confident a few very decent additions will be made in January and we'll be top 6 with plenty to spare.

Hahaha.................must try harder

5 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

:stupid_post:

9 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Hahaha.................must try harder

Unbeaten in 3. Better team in all 3 by a country mile.

Hard to beat. Performances are getting better and better. Getting nicely settled back at Tynecastle. A nice group of talented youngsters being introduced most weeks.

Seriously can't wait for the season ahead.

2 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Hard to beat. Performances are getting better and better. Getting nicely settled back at Tynecastle. A nice group of talented youngsters being introduced most weeks.

:rolleyes2::troll:

11 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

:tlj:

August Landmesser
32 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I think Malinkovic is decent - Callachan is well out of his depth I am afraid.

Callachan will be better with a proper midfield around him, and coming in gradually over a few games/months. Unfortunately because of the unbalanced squad and loads of injuries, it was necessary to drop him straight in, and he's been asked to do a lot more/different work than he was signed for. I still think he'll come good.

Relegation battles start with about 10 games to go......

Just saying.

Oh and people now quoting win stats who didn’t use stats to back neilson can go **** themselves

3 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Relegation battles start with about 10 games to go......

Just saying.

Oh and people now quoting win stats who didn’t use stats to back neilson can go **** themselves

And if we are lying 11th after the turn of the year?

10 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Callachan will be better with a proper midfield around him, and coming in gradually over a few games/months. Unfortunately because of the unbalanced squad and loads of injuries, it was necessary to drop him straight in, and he's been asked to do a lot more/different work than he was signed for. I still think he'll come good.

Could you explain that one - genuine question.

4 hours ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

We've conceded the 3rd fewest goals in the league. Defence is fine, we just can't score goals consistently at the moment. You don't go down if you have a solid defence.

Wrong

August Landmesser
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Could you explain that one - genuine question.

I think he was signed to play a supporting role in midfield along with the likes of Djoum, Cowie, Buaben etc. D, C & B would be first choice, Callachan would get 20 minutes or so here and there to ease him in with an eye to regular first team football later in the season and next season. However, injuries all over the place forced him into being played at the heart of the midfield, with quite a lot more responsibility than intended this early, and often accompanied by one or two of the kids (and Jamie W being tapped up hasn't helped). Callachan alongside more experienced midfielders will be a happier, better player I reckon.

The unbalanced squad and lack of cover in key positions is killing us so far this season - January will most likely be a patch-up job. Things aren't great, but I don't think they're as bad as some folk think.

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Well maybe you should read the thread before jumping in - save us both a bit of grief.  :thumbsup:

There's nothing wrong with what I said, he's quite within his rights to be sensitive about ad hominem posts. The particular ad hominem you quoted is one I really don't like, the idea that living away from Edinburgh means you don't know how the team are playing.

There are literally thousands on here who don't go to every home game, while expats like us see more games than any of them through Hearts World - but we don't know how the team's functioning? Please!

Archived