'Hearts are in a relegation battle'

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Heard this said on the radio on saturday and really hope that anyone could be this dense and think that there is a possibility of us going down this season. We're poor but there's no way 10/11 teams are better than us in this league.

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
letsalldothebeattie

While form isn’t exactly sparkling I wouldn’t say we are in relegation battle form. Going forward despite what some on here might think we will be better than the majority of the bottom 6 clubs between now and the end of the season. While it’s not acceptable for a club of  our size if we were to finish in the bottom 6 it would be top half of it. We won’t be finishing bottom 2 

2 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

While form isn’t exactly sparkling I wouldn’t say we are in relegation battle form. Going forward despite what some on here might think we will be better than the majority of the bottom 6 clubs between now and the end of the season. While it’s not acceptable for a club of  our size if we were to finish in the bottom 6 it would be top half of it. We won’t be finishing bottom 2 

We're bottom of the form table.

If that isn't relegation battle form then what is?

Captain America

I don't think we will go down but we are in bad run of form which unless we halt would put us firmly in relegation battle. 

Taken from Twitter

Premiership Form Guide Points Last 6

Celtic 14

Hibs 13

Rangers 10

Hamilton 10

Partick Thistle 8

Kilmarnock 8

Dundee 7

Motherwell 7

Aberdeen 7

Ross County 5

St.Johnstone 4

Hearts 3

When you consider 5 have been at 'home' with the other away to Hibs.

It's not good reading. 

4 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Heard this said on the radio on saturday and really hope that anyone could be this dense and think that there is a possibility of us going down this season. We're poor but there's no way 10/11 teams are better than us in this league.

Think you need to wake up and smell the roses - DU fans were saying the same thing a couple of years ago!

We were no better that Hamilton even before the sending off, and they start as most peoples favourites for relegation.  We couldn't beat Ross County or Partick at Tynecastle - and we lost to Killie at Murrayfield!

Saturday was a must win game - now the Motherwell and Dundee games become must win games big style.  Lose these and we are rooted in the bottom 6 and in a dog fight that others will be up for.

Walter Bishop
10 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Image result for head in the sand

A lot of people seem to have their heads in the sand.

We're absolutely dire. Lose sloppy goals and create next to no chances.

Relegation is a real possibility unless it is turned around pronto.

3 minutes ago, C-3PO said:

I don't think we will go down but we are in bad run of form which unless we halt would put us firmly in relegation battle. 

Taken from Twitter

Premiership Form Guide Points Last 6

Celtic 14

Hibs 13

Rangers 10

Hamilton 10

Partick Thistle 8

Kilmarnock 8

Dundee 7

Motherwell 7

Aberdeen 7

Ross County 5

St.Johnstone 4

Hearts 3

When you consider 5 have been at 'home' with the other away to Hibs.

It's not good reading. 

And there you have it.   The last 6 months results of Cathro's reign also had us at the bottom of the league!!

Who is responsible for this shambles??

Walter Bishop
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Think you need to wake up and smell the roses - DU fans were saying the same thing a couple of years ago!

We were no better that Hamilton even before the sending off, and they start as most peoples favourites for relegation.  We couldn't beat Ross County or Partick at Tynecastle - and we lost to Killie at Murrayfield!

Saturday was a must win game - now the Motherwell and Dundee games become must win games big style.  Lose these and we are rooted in the bottom 6 and in a dog fight that others will be up for.

Couldn't agree more. 

I've said it already but a section of our support remind me of Hibs fans the season they came down with us. Delusional to ignore what`s going on.

2 minutes ago, Darren said:

SPOT ON!!

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Dundee United were an exceptionally poor side, with no quality going forward and leaky at the back. Not one player from that side would get in this Hearts side.

I think we had the better of the opening exchanges, obviously the game turned with the red card so there's no way to know how it would have panned out. 

We definitely need to start putting points on the board, I'd agree with that.

2 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Dundee United were an exceptionally poor side, with no quality going forward and leaky at the back. Not one player from that side would get in this Hearts side.

I think we had the better of the opening exchanges, obviously the game turned with the red card so there's no way to know how it would have panned out. 

We definitely need to start putting points on the board, I'd agree with that.

If it hadn’t escaped your your attention we are also a poor side. Maybe not exceptionally but poor nonetheless.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
4 minutes ago, Darren said:

We've conceded the 3rd fewest goals in the league. Defence is fine, we just can't score goals consistently at the moment. You don't go down if you have a solid defence.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
1 minute ago, NewYorkFleaPit said:

If it hadn’t escaped your your attention we are also a poor side. Maybe not exceptionally but poor nonetheless.

And only exceptionally poor sides go down.

Just now, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

We've conceded the 3rd fewest goals in the league. Defence is fine, we just can't score goals consistently at the moment. You don't go down if you have a solid defence.

Only Partick Thistle have scored fewer than us. If we keep gifting teams goals (even if it's not that many) and we struggle to score we're going to be in trouble. 

1 minute ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

And only exceptionally poor sides go down.

I didn’t say we’d go down but we are most certainly heading for the play offs should we fail to beat Motherwell and dungdee

If we don’t improve quickly we will be sucked into a relegation battle. No team is too good to go down. It’s result on the park that matter, and not how good you perceive us to be in your head.

theres not a single team in the league that I’d be confident of us beating right now. Not one.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
Just now, Darren said:

Only Partick Thistle have scored fewer than us. If we keep gifting teams goals (even if it's not that many) and we struggle to score we're going to be in trouble. 

Well done you have explained football.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
Just now, jonnothejambo said:

We can't defend set pieces.

Correct, we concede too many from set pieces. I'd imagine if you take out goals from set pieces we would have the 2nd best defence in the league.

letsalldothebeattie

Obviously we need to start winning games and soon but in order to do that we need to have players scoring goals. Saw the stat that Jamie Walker became only our 4th different scorer in the league this season. We have 6 different scorers if you take in the cup as well.

We have wonderful options going forward Lafferty, Isma & Walker who can all score goals but we need goals from elsewhere 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
2 minutes ago, NewYorkFleaPit said:

I didn’t say we’d go down but we are most certainly heading for the play offs should we fail to beat Motherwell and dungdee

Ifs and buts. Your argument is based on the premise that we fail to win the next 2 games which is unlikely. And should we fail to win the next 2, there's no certainty about us heading for the playoffs.

A_A wehatethehibs

I think it is fair to say that, but equally, it can be pointed out that there are 6 sides separated by 3 points. So it is just as much a "battle for a top 6 spot" as it is a battle to avoid relegation.

The concern for Hearts is the goalscoring. We have a markedly better defensive record than any of the 6 sides below us and it includes a hammering from Celtic.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
2 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Obviously we need to start winning games and soon but in order to do that we need to have players scoring goals. Saw the stat that Jamie Walker became only our 4th different scorer in the league this season. We have 6 different scorers if you take in the cup as well.

We have wonderful options going forward Lafferty, Isma & Walker who can all score goals but we need goals from elsewhere 

They all don't do enough in their all-around game to bring others into play, which is why there have been so few scorers this season.

All roads lead to Gorgie

We just need someone to create openings from midfield and better quality in wide areas and I am still confident we will address that in January. We can't be complacent and sleep walk into trouble but I think the club are well aware of that. The management team will have to earn their corn for the rest of the season and restore the doubters faith in them.

12 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Being in a relegation battle and actually going down are two different things.

But to deny that we're staring at a relegation battle...well, the picture above sums it up more than I could put into words.

If you're near the bottom of the league then you're in a relegation battle.

I'll start sharing other people's optimism when we start winning games.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

Being in a relegation battle and actually going down are two different things.

But to deny that we're staring at a relegation battle...well, the picture above sums it up more than I could put into words.

If you're not going to go down you're not in a relegation battle.

Walter Bishop

3 points from second bottom, worst performing team in the league on current form, a horrendous run of fixtures coming up, a manager in place who arguably doesn't want to be there, Walker likely to be away in January etc etc 

You better believe we are in a relegation battle. 

:lol:

Walter Bishop

:rofl:

7 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Ifs and buts. Your argument is based on the premise that we fail to win the next 2 games which is unlikely. And should we fail to win the next 2, there's no certainty about us heading for the playoffs.

We’re heading for the play offs, kidda. Take your heid oot the sand

Just now, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Logic buddy, you should try it some time.

After that post lets not talk about logic...buddy.

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Yeah we look reasonably secure in open play but every corner or free kick and I near shit ma kex.

Then when we try and go forward I fall asleep.

You still no been for a greyfriar’s at tynie yet?

Walter Bishop

Logic buddy, you should try it some time.

Similar to the "Logic" in describing the player in your username? How did that turn out? :facepalm:

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

After that post lets not talk about logic...buddy.

If there's no threat of going down why would be in a 'battle' to avoid it?

9 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I think it is fair to say that, but equally, it can be pointed out that there are 6 sides separated by 3 points. So it is just as much a "battle for a top 6 spot" as it is a battle to avoid relegation.

The concern for Hearts is the goalscoring. We have a markedly better defensive record than any of the 6 sides below us and it includes a hammering from Celtic.

A few of those teams have played Celtic twice. 

August Landmesser

Meh, a relegation DOGFIGHT will make for an exciting season - more interesting than mid-table mediocrity anyway

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Yeah we look reasonably secure in open play but every corner or free kick and I near shit ma kex.

Then when we try and go forward I fall asleep.

Berra and Souttar are good technically but at times I wish we had a no nonsense centre back who would just go through people to head clear. Too much zonal marking and no one really trying to beat a forward to the ball in the air!

We'll be in the top 6 by the end of the year.

Once we sign 3-4 players in January, we will be a completely different side.

Relegation chat is pant pishing nonsense, I even saw someone mention administration ffs. 

Get a ****ing grip.

6 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Relegation chat is pant pishing nonsense, I even saw someone mention administration ffs. 

Get a ****ing grip.

Defence is doing ok.  Problem is that if you aren't scoring goals then any you concede are going to hurt you.

We need to have a team with a spread of goals among the midfield and forwards, and need to create chances.  Some of the poor quality delivery into the box on Saturday was embarassing and these so called professional players need to have a look at themselves.

A few players in to get the balance in midfield plus a leftl-back might be enough.

A_A wehatethehibs
8 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Get a ****ing grip.

Read the form table. We are definitely in a dangerous situation. Our last 4 games were supposed to be 4 easy home wins. We've struggled in 3 out of the 4 games and taken only 3 points from 12. 

Based on our recent history, the January window will make us worse not better. We have had 2 successive January windows where our team has been made worse - Levein has been heavily involved during both windows.

The January signings are pivotal for us, if they go as wrong as our last 4 successive transfer windows in a row, we are knee deep in shite

There are so many fans on here with their head in the sand.

We are a very poor team and have been for over a year now.

Failing to beat Partick, Ross County and Hamiltion at home has put the pressure on us.

We have got some really tough games coming up. We need to take 6 points away from the next 2 matches because after that we are away to St Johnstone home to Celtic, home to Hibs and home to Aberdeen.

Archived