Levein is not the answer ( merged )

Hood09

1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

No I won’t blindly support Craig Levein I’ll judge him on what he does this summer and on results. He’ll get credit as he always does when it’s deserved and I’ll question him if he continues the piss poor efforts of this season. I have very little confidence he’ll manage to perform the necessary surgery on the squad to make us a team capable of challenging for 3rd next season and I won’t be interested in further excuses about players needing sons of time to bed in! It’s unacceptable that we are hearing that shite summer after summer. It’s up to him to build a team that has some continuity and can win far more regularly at SPL level. Given our budget and resources we should be comfortably in the top 3rd of the league next season. Anything less is further failure. 

So your ambitious view of Hearts is finishing 3rd? 

So many I'll do this and I'll question that.

Out of interest who would you want as manager? 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• soonbe110

• Hendricks

• Escobar PHM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Iamborg said:

:laugh: he is completely clueless . 

You honestly couldn’t even dream up half the complete Tom Kite he comes out with!  

3 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

No I won’t blindly support Craig Levein I’ll judge him on what he does this summer and on results. He’ll get credit as he always does when it’s deserved and I’ll question him if he continues the piss poor efforts of this season. I have very little confidence he’ll manage to perform the necessary surgery on the squad to make us a team capable of challenging for 3rd next season and I won’t be interested in further excuses about players needing sons of time to bed in! It’s unacceptable that we are hearing that shite summer after summer. It’s up to him to build a team that has some continuity and can win far more regularly at SPL level. Given our budget and resources we should be comfortably in the top 3rd of the league next season. Anything less is further failure. 

Didn’t ask you to blindly support him. I suggested you give some encouragement and support rather than continually berating him for what’s happened in the past. The past has happened. Get over it. Even you can’t change it. Craig Levein is the Hearts Manager. Live with it. Give him the support and encouragement that all Hearts fans should give their  manager rather than endlessly criticising for supposed past crimes. 

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

It’s fourth actually. Top 3rd of 12 is 1-4. 

Yet a certain manager had us 3rd two years in a row last time round but that wasnt good enough. 

Just now, Des Lynam said:

Hahaha where did I say that?!  But if Craig Levein takes us to 3rd it will most definitely be a successful season! He for one will think it’s akin to winning the title, as he’s articulated we have no chance of that! 

I have no idea who I would pick to manage us. Without being part of the process of looking at the applicants and knowing the budget for a salary etc that’s an impossible question to answer. Personally I’d be looking from well out with the Scottish football goldfish bowl to someone not fearful to go to Glasgow (or anywhere away from home) and look to win football matches. Levein has been indoctrinated by that since his playing days as his record shows. I want a far braver and more adventurous manager in the Hearts dugout, someone who wants to see us playing attacking football with a much more cavalier approach. We’ve absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain. Nobody could tell me we wouldn’t have won at least the 8 games Levein has managed in 25 even sky this squad by setting his team out more positively. 

6 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Hahaha where did I say that?!  But if Craig Levein takes us to 3rd it will most definitely be a successful season! He for one will think it’s akin to winning the title, as he’s articulated we have no chance of that! 

I have no idea who I would pick to manage us. Without being part of the process of looking at the applicants and knowing the budget for a salary etc that’s an impossible question to answer. Personally I’d be looking from well out with the Scottish football goldfish bowl to someone not fearful to go to Glasgow (or anywhere away from home) and look to win football matches. Levein has been indoctrinated by that since his playing days as his record shows. I want a far braver and more adventurous manager in the Hearts dugout, someone who wants to see us playing attacking football with a much more cavalier approach. We’ve absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain. Nobody could tell me we wouldn’t have won at least the 8 games Levein has managed in 25 even sky this squad by setting his team out more positively. 

Reading through this thread and agreeing 100% with every post.

I’d go for Clarke for what it’s worth. He’d be within budget and I like the way behaves - comes across as a complete professional.

Levein on the other hand has been well and truly shown up for his trolling of late.

9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Didn’t ask you to blindly support him. I suggested you give some encouragement and support rather than continually berating him for what’s happened in the past. The past has happened. Get over it. Even you can’t change it. Craig Levein is the Hearts Manager. Live with it. Give him the support and encouragement that all Hearts fans should give their  manager rather than endlessly criticising for supposed past crimes. 

As far as I’m concerned after yet another letdown on Sunday with a great chance to make a semi final and bring in significant revenue Levein needs to deliver before he gets further support. This season started with an appalling decision to not replace Cathro culminating in complete embarrassment in the League Cup, then the farcical head coach search and the eventual shuffling of CL into the dugout and has seen largely dismal performances week in week out ever since. The pathetic approach on Sunday and cup defeat was all so predictable and was totally unacceptable in front of that traveling  support. So the balls in his court as far as I’m concerned. He needs to earn it rather than as I see it going through the motions in his cushty safe job(s). Another big challenge for him on Friday, let’s see how that goes......

4 minutes ago, Markymark said:

Reading through this thread and agreeing 100% with every post.

I’d go for Clarke for what it’s worth. He’d be within budget and I like the way behaves - comes across as a complete professional.

Levein on the other hand has been well and truly shown up for his trolling of late.

:thumbsup: appreciate that! You are far from

alone judging by the number of PM’s I’ve had in addition to those agreeing on here and more importantly from outwith JKB. Those content to continue to white wash Levein’s obvious failings are very mistaken if they believe there aren’t serious numbers of Hearts fans ready to turn on him should things not significantly improve come August and September. People have had enough of fronting the money for his vanity project and watching some of the absolute gash we’ve had to endure and playing legend or not he needs to start producing consistent results and a much more attacking style of football. ST sales will be extremely interesting this summer and I’ll be watching with interest as to how Ann Budge tries to market them. 

7 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

alone judging by the number of PM’s I’ve had in addition to those agreeing on here and more importantly from outwith JKB. Those content to continue to white wash Levein’s obvious failings are very mistaken if they believe there aren’t serious numbers of Hearts fans ready to turn on him should things not significantly improve come August and September. People have had enough of fronting the money for his vanity project and watching some of the absolute gash we’ve had to endure and playing legend or not he needs to start producing consistent results and a much more attacking style of football. ST sales will be extremely interesting this summer and I’ll be watching with interest as to how Ann Budge tries to market them. 

Anyone thinking someone like Steve Clarke is coming here and going to make a significant impact in the short term are seriously deluded.

Firstly, as I've stated before, he is only up here with Killie to put himself in the shop window for the next Championship job down south after a couple of unsuccessful clubs.

Secondly, any manager coming in will have the same set of players (minus the loanees), and a limited budget to spend on the squad.  WTF do you seriously expect to happen?  Our squad is piss poor with only a handful of players worth keeping, and the likes of Martin we can't shift off the wage bill.

Come the summer we will need to replace the keeper (looks like Jon McLaughlin is away), both full back positions, a replacement for Hughes, the entire midfield, and bring in 1 or 2 wingers and at least one more striker to cover injuries, all on a tight budget.

I don't see Levein going anywhere before next season, regardless of what people on this thread think.  He has steadied the ship after Cathro and that will be seen as enough progress.

27 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

You missed out "attritional football" for the full house.  

Nookie Bear

I think the signings over the last few months have been very good and : Berra, McLaughlin, Milinkovic, Abao, Amankwaa, Mitchell, Naismith etc - so i would actually be happy for Levein to have the summer to rebuild the team.

On the flip side, he needs to manage the team better because there is no way we should be going into a cup tie with Milinkovic, Amankwaa and Cowie on the bench, and Cochrane isolated in midfield for 90 minutes. Not substituting Cochrane with either Cowie or Buaben cost us that match. Levein has got his arrogance back off the pitch but i would like to see it on the pitch as well and to take the game to our opponents from the first whistle, not when we are a goal behind, because we played well in the second half.

davemclaren
7 hours ago, Hendricks said:

Agree with you entirely re his playing days. One of the most disappointing things I’ve ever witnessed as a Hearts fan was him reinjuring the knee against Rangers. A tragedy for him personally and is given his outstanding qualities. My opinion of him as a player is not in question. 

But this isn’t about that as you know. The clock is ticking on Levein and whilst I firmly believe and actually accept he will get the summer he needs to pick things up massively for him not to be under significant and deserved pressure by the end of 2018. No shockers in the league cup are acceptable this year regardless of how many new players we again are bedding in. And he needs to be winning way more than 1 in 3 in the league. Budge can’t afford to do nothing should we start another season in a shambolic state. 

I agree thsr we need to win our league cup section and be winning more or he will be in real trouble with his boss. 

3 hours ago, ray- said:

As an outsider, Hearts aren't great at the moment, but before Levein took over in the manager's seat, they were one of the worst Hearts teams I had ever seen.  One transfer window was never going to sort things out and to be honest, I think the current manager has worked wonders with what he has got.  If he had a limitless budget, then maybe you fans could have expected more with that one window.  I do take that he had responsibility making and supporting the previous incumbent, but that is a different issue to sitting in the manager's chair. 

Good and fair post.

If we had spent £6m or £8m on players instead of on the new stand we would be flying but the old stand was bleeding money to enable it to meet requirements and that was dead money increasing with time.  The club obviously took a long term view and decided short term pain would yield long term gain.  Inevitably that meant all sections of the budget had to be curtailed or we could have reverted to our old debt-ridden ways.  With the help of our fans (FoH) we are avoiding debt and that is the way to go.

Bazzas right boot
21 hours ago, XB52 said:

Joined last month but you seem to know a lot about old posts????

Aye, a Hearts fan slagging another for daring to say we'd catch Hibs.

Terrible thing to say..... Wish I'd never had the audacity to even think it!

The place is bonkers.

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Alex MacDonald never won anything either, does that make him a poorer manager than the guys on your list? 

It's s shame to use him or his team as an example.

But it's a good one to remind folk that success can come in different ways.

We dominated hibs and faired well inbtr league, but most fans younger than 21 would have sacrificed that for a league and/ or cup win.

Certain posters have a fair point reference cl, I think most of us have concerns. However, said posters lose all credibility as they-

Notably go missing when we're doing well.

Anti cl attitude clouds any valid points they may have.

Praise is scant, if at all.

Simply put- he'll get the summer, let's get behind the team and manager.

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

We dominated hibs and faired well inbtr league, but most fans younger than 21 would have sacrificed that for a league and/ or cup win.

Certain posters have a fair point reference cl, I think most of us have concerns. However, said posters lose all credibility as they-

I think this is a myth. However, I challenge you to name them since the inference is that they are all over this thread.

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

When did FoH get approval to donate £6m to the new stand?  When did they raise the funds?

FoH’s total amount raised to date is just about £7m. You are suggesting almost all of the money raised to date  has gone to the stand development??  That’s just nonsense. I’m out of this discussion until you do some research on what has been going  9NH with FoH money since pledging began. 

Where did the £3m "club reserves" come from and how would it have been accumulated but for the initial £3.8m of FoH donations? The £3.8m may have been used for "working capital"  for other purposes but in that case it released £3m from other "normal" revenue sources to be accumulated as a cash reserve.

I am out of this discussion too until you show an ability to read or, having read, think.

Edited by Francis Albert

Unknown user
22 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Or at least stop trying to piss on everyone's chips as we get in the mood for a derby!

davemclaren
18 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Where did the £3m "club reserves" come from and how would it have been accumulated but for the initial £3.8m of FoH donations? The £3.8m may have been used for "working capital"  for other purposes but in that case it released £3m from other "normal" revenue sources to be accumulated as a cash reserve.

I am out of this discussion too until you show an ability to read or, having read, think.

That is where the reserves came from. It could have been used for something else, including strengthening the team, but was allocated to stadium redevelopment. 

Quote in long post from merseyjambo “Bombed at Championship Leicester”, is rather unfair!

Levein had two objectives at Leicester;

1. Bring the wage bill down (to a sustainable level)

2. Build for the future

Easiest and safest way to achieve objective 1 is lose the highest wage earners and replace with loan signings. However that does not achieve objective 2 building for the future! So to achieve both objectives Levein lost the high wage earners and replaced them with younger players within the club! Results were not great, although fans were split, I think the majority were still ‘with him’ but unfortunately the board (including Martin Glenn current CEO at the FA) were not!

I think with hindsight Levein would have used loan players due to the short term focus on results that seems to influence decisions on the continued managerial tenure when results are bad!

Interestingly Levein appears to be currently adopting a parallel path policy in his current role(s) at Hearts, short term loan signings (most experienced pros) and  youngsters from within!

I think the future looks good, keep the faith, let’s not have a very short term focus. May 2019 will be the time to judge!

3 hours ago, Hendricks said:

Well that part is true anyway

Outwith the Scottish football goldfish bowl/not fearful to go to Glasgow., you say.  If they are outwith the SF bowl how do you know whether they'd fearful to go to Glasgow or not?

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Outwith the Scottish football goldfish bowl/not fearful to go to Glasgow., you say.  If they are outwith the SF bowl how do you know whether they'd fearful to go to Glasgow or not?

Some people will not accept the reality that our squad is very poor and setting it out to be more attacking will more likely lead to more goals and games lost.

The position we are in is just about the best we can be with this set of players.

ford donald
4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Remember AB said,Hearts should finish no worse than 3rd in the spl,anything else would be failure.

33 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

To suggest it’s the FoH working capital that’s funding the stand is ridiculous. Clearly it helps, however it’s main purpose is to fund day to day running of the Club. The beginning of repayments to Mrs Budge was then delayed so contributions from that delay are clearly helping to fund the stand. However a counter argument is that the FoH initial money was used as intended to fund day to day activities and that the club reserves have come  from transfer income for Sow, Walker,, Rossi, Goncalves etc plus unbudgetted income from five cup ties in two years v Hibs plus increased SPFL prizemoney plus near full houses at Tynie for three seasons. To suggest FoH have funded nearly half of stand payments to date is just twisting facts to suit an argument. FoH has/is making a huge difference to the club but it’s not funding nearly half the stand. Since exiting Admin the Club has spent circa £40m in total. FoH has contributed £7m of that. 15-20%. 

Bazzas right boot
58 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I think this is a myth. However, I challenge you to name them since the inference is that they are all over this thread.

I challenge you to post something that actually has content ( even some) relatated to the thread rather than just a post that is looking to cause a debate that has nothing to do with anything other than satisfying your strange and tiring need to argue with other fans.

You know who they are, they know and I know, we all know.

Geoff Kilpatrick
16 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

I challenge you to post something that actually has content ( even some) relatated to the thread rather than just a post that is looking to cause a debate that has nothing to do with anything other than satisfying your strange and tiring need to argue with other fans.

You know who they are, they know and I know, we all know.

I actually have done if you read the thread but passive aggressive nonsensical attacks add nothing to the debate. I do not believe anyone goes into hiding when we are playing well.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I actually have done if you read the thread but passive aggressive nonsensical attacks add nothing to the debate. I do not believe anyone goes into hiding when we are playing well.

Hiding is maybe taking it too literal.

Maybe more enthused after a bad run/ result V a good run/ result.

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Hiding is maybe taking it too literal.

Maybe more enthused after a bad run/ result V a good run/ result.

I don't mind admitting i am a bit more vocal when we lose than when we win. I think that's one of the roles of kickback (for me), in that it allows me to vent my frustration. I don't go out after games so don't have the post-match pub rant option.

I much prefer this place when we have a blinding result - the scenes on here after the celtic 4-0 game were immense - and i suppose i actually enjoy just reading that kind of thread rather than bothering to find my own amusing meme or gif.

I don't think i am alone in that?

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I don't mind admitting i am a bit more vocal when we lose than when we win. I think that's one of the roles of kickback (for me), in that it allows me to vent my frustration. I don't go out after games so don't have the post-match pub rant option.

I much prefer this place when we have a blinding result - the scenes on here after the celtic 4-0 game were immense - and i suppose i actually enjoy just reading that kind of thread rather than bothering to find my own amusing meme or gif.

Good post

14 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I just said they hadn't been used yet. If there are better ways of financing the funding gap then fine. But the longer the delay in completion and the more facilities are scaled back the lower will be the enhanced revenue opportunities which the new stand was intended to provide.

So you want  more debt to expedite completion!  I'm not sure money is the only worry because if it were I assume we'd be tempted to trigger the loan facility we have arranged to fall back on.

You also just said a 500 club.  Are you still in favour of that?

davemclaren
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

To suggest it’s the FoH working capital that’s funding the stand is ridiculous. Clearly it helps, however it’s main purpose is to fund day to day running of the Club. The beginning of repayments to Mrs Budge was then delayed so contributions from that delay are clearly helping to fund the stand. However a counter argument is that the FoH initial money was used as intended to fund day to day activities and that the club reserves have come  from transfer income for Sow, Walker,, Rossi, Goncalves etc plus unbudgetted income from five cup ties in two years v Hibs plus increased SPFL prizemoney plus near full houses at Tynie for three seasons. To suggest FoH have funded nearly half of stand payments to date is just twisting facts to suit an argument. FoH has/is making a huge difference to the club but it’s not funding nearly half the stand. Since exiting Admin the Club has spent circa £40m in total. FoH has contributed £7m of that. 15-20%. 

The original funding to the club was, in the main, held as a reserve and that reserve was used for the stand. Of course, thete is no real hypothecation but without it we would either have spent less or have no reserve. 

5 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Yet a certain manager had us 3rd two years in a row last time round but that wasnt good enough. 

Our stadium should be full every game but after Cathro & Levein their football is dire, boring & poor which if anything can only drive fans away.

rick witter
4 hours ago, frankblack said:

Anyone thinking someone like Steve Clarke is coming here and going to make a significant impact in the short term are seriously deluded.

Firstly, as I've stated before, he is only up here with Killie to put himself in the shop window for the next Championship job down south after a couple of unsuccessful clubs.

Secondly, any manager coming in will have the same set of players (minus the loanees), and a limited budget to spend on the squad.  WTF do you seriously expect to happen?  Our squad is piss poor with only a handful of players worth keeping, and the likes of Martin we can't shift off the wage bill.

Come the summer we will need to replace the keeper (looks like Jon McLaughlin is away), both full back positions, a replacement for Hughes, the entire midfield, and bring in 1 or 2 wingers and at least one more striker to cover injuries, all on a tight budget.

I don't see Levein going anywhere before next season, regardless of what people on this thread think.  He has steadied the ship after Cathro and that will be seen as enough progress.

Do you think the Killie squad is better than ours player for player?? I certainly don’t but Steve Clarke has them working very hard and buying into the fact they are a good team. 

Levein is not getting the best from this squad of players. It’s line he tells them to go out and make sure they keep tight and invite the other team on to us instead of telling them to go out and express themselves and attack!!  

He will never change and unfortunately while he is still at the club with his band of merry men coaches no other experienced manager like Clarke would even look at the job. 

rick witter
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Great post it’s what football fans do. Credit where it’s due and if criticism is required it should be discussed on here rather than burying our heads in the sand and pretending all is rosy 

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, rick witter said:

Do you think the Killie squad is better than ours player for player?? I certainly don’t but Steve Clarke has them working very hard and buying into the fact they are a good team. 

Levein is not getting the best from this squad of players. It’s line he tells them to go out and make sure they keep tight and invite the other team on to us instead of telling them to go out and express themselves and attack!!  

He will never change and unfortunately while he is still at the club with his band of merry men coaches no other experienced manager like Clarke would even look at the job. 

Constructive criticism???

What about Owen Coyle?  He's out a job!

Alex McLeish?  Oh no, wait a minute!

"Band of merry men coaches" - so Mourinho, Pep, etc,, they don't have a "band of merry men coaches"?

An aimless, destructive criticism trying to make a point out of nothing!

2 hours ago, rick witter said:

Killie have a more balanced side with better wide players.  We have been relying too much on 16 year olds to cover in our midfield, and injuries have killed our season now.

2 hours ago, rick witter said:

Great post it’s what football fans do. Credit where it’s due and if criticism is required it should be discussed on here rather than burying our heads in the sand and pretending all is rosy 

Who has pretended all is rosy?  Just because some are more appreciative/understanding of what the club is trying to do does not mean they pretend everything is rosy.  You've just made that up to suit your agenda.

Escobar PHM
7 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Of course it was good enough. It was also 14 &15 years ago respectively and cant be used as a defence of his current performance.

Nookie Bear
26 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Who has pretended all is rosy?  Just because some are more appreciative/understanding of what the club is trying to do does not mean they pretend everything is rosy.  You've just made that up to suit your agenda.

I would say that some of the stuff posted on here after the celtic and hibs games, and during that run of not conceding/losing, was very much painting everything as rosy.

I also think it is patronising to suggest that people who have a moan (i.e. folk like me) do not understand what the club is trying to do. Yes, the club is stable and we have a new stand etc etc but that does not excuse the state of team right now, or the way the squad is being used on match days, or the fact we are about to head into yet another summer (Levein's 3rd window, lest we forget) facing another massive upheaval of the squad. We are, quite simply, not doing as well as we should be on the pitch, given the resources available.

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

So you want  more debt to expedite completion!  I'm not sure money is the only worry because if it were I assume we'd be tempted to trigger the loan facility we have arranged to fall back on.

You also just said a 500 club.  Are you still in favour of that?

If a 500 club is the best option, yes. I don't know what interest the "loan facility" involves. If it is similar to the interest on Ann's loan, a 500 club scheme may well be competitive, especially given that interest rates are now very much  lower than at the time of the original schemes and it might not need to be as generous as up front £500 with £600 repayment over 5 years. The repayment of course is also in the form of payment to Hearts for goods and services and in that respect more advantageous to the club than a straight finance loan.

Of course if "benefactors" (or Ann, as often speculated on here)  just come up with the dosh than that would be preferable. It has to be funded somehow though and delay or cut-backs mean delays to or foregoing of some of the many much touted financial benefits of the new stand facilities.

Edited by Francis Albert

12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

If a 500 club is the best option, yes. I don't know what interest the "loan facility" involves. If it is similar to the interest on Ann's loan, a 500 club scheme may well be competitive, especially given that interest rates are now very much  lower than at the time of the original schemes and it might not need to be as generous as up front £500 with £600 repayment over 5 years. The repayment of course is also in the form of payment to Hearts for goods and services and in that respect more advantageous than a straight finance loan.

Of course if "benefactors" (or Ann, as often speculated on here)  just come up with the dosh than that would be preferable. It has to be funded somehow though and delay or cut-backs mean delays to or foregoing of some of the many much touted financial benefits of the new stand facilities.

Could you explain that in figures please.  I'm a wee bit thick.

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Could you explain that in figures please.  I'm a wee bit thick.

The old 500 schemes gave you £600 of discounts from Hearts STs and other services and merchandise at £100 per year over 6 years. The club therefore benefited financially from the repayment, albeit at less than the full price of STs etc.

In a straight finance loan Hearts pay interest and repayment of the capital sum and the lender can do what he likes with his return without necessarily any funds flowing back to the club.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, alanbauld said:

'Leven is not the answer' plenty of comments but nobody ever asked the question.

The thread has moved well  beyond the original question, whatever exactly it was.

For me Levein has not proved he is the answer nor that the Levein model is the answer to the management of the footballing side of the club. The evidence seems to me to be mounting against.

Having said that I am not in the "Levein oot camp" - he should probably (barring a disaster) be given the remaining years of his three year head coach appointment to try to prove he and his model is the answer.

In the meantime I think a lot of the criticism and flak he is getting is fully deserved and comes with the job and the salary.

Edited by Francis Albert

rick witter
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

What is the club trying to do?? We are not doing a very good job of building a football team anyway and that ultimately is what we all want. 

My only agenda is I want Hearts to be winning football matches and for the crowds we get and budget we have it would be unthinkable to finish in the bottom half of the league. If that happens we need to have a change of management as our shiny new stand will be empty for the rest of the season. 

Finish 6th and Levein will still be here next season but as many have said can’t take us to the next level with the way he wants his teams to play. 

rick witter
2 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Constructive criticism???

What about Owen Coyle?  He's out a job!

Alex McLeish?  Oh no, wait a minute!

"Band of merry men coaches" - so Mourinho, Pep, etc,, they don't have a "band of merry men coaches"?

An aimless, destructive criticism trying to make a point out of nothing!

Mourinho and Pep are in charge of 2 of the biggest teams in Europe FFS!! Of course there will be a bigger back room staff. 

Tell me what justifies us having Mcphee, Daly and Fox as coaches??? What need is there for it. Who else in our league has this amount of coaches? 

The point in making is we are drifting towards the bottom 6 and that isn’t nothing it would be disastrous!!! Obviously you don’t think so. 

10 hours ago, Hendricks said:

“Worked wonders”....he’s won 8 SPL games in 25 with us scoring 26 goals ffs. Honestly the level of acceptance and expectation really is at rock bottom. We took nearly 5000 through to Motherwell a club with a fraction of our budget, resources and support and allowed them to bully us and dominate us like it didn’t matter a jot. They deservedly won. Another defeat to a much smaller club on the Levein cup cv! No wonder the board at Hearts feel they can get away with this half assed bullshit setup, half our support zip up the back! 

Celtic got beat 4-0 by a much smaller team, based on crowds, finances and honours, what does that prove?  "No wonder the board at Hearts feel they can get away with this half-assed bullshit setup, half our support zip up the back!" I'm not a hearts supporter, the clue being "as an outsider" at the start of my post!

All Out Attack
39 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Having said that I am not in the "Levein oot camp" - he should probably (barring a disaster) be given the remaining years of his three year head coach appointment to try to prove he and his model is the answer.

In the meantime I think a lot of the criticism and flak he is getting is fully deserved and comes with the job and the salary.

"Giving him another two years to prove himself and his model", could cost us a fortune in lost ticket sales as folk stop going. 

We have a shambles of a football squad which he has presided over and the football is eye-bleeding. His model also imposed Cathro on us and don't forget, he didn't want to let him go either. He has trainee coaches working under him, who the support will never accept now. The whole Levein era is turning to mess. 

• cosanostra locked this topic