Levein is not the answer ( merged )

Hood09

Just back from the game and I am disgusted with that performance. The fact levein didn’t change it in the second half for ages when it was clearly going one way tells me he has lost it. Cochrane had a mare and these games are too big for him. We need to manage him carefully and it’s unfair throwing him in like this.  Callachan was shocking and the jury is well and truly out on him, his second touch is a tackle on most cases. 

Gonacalves and lafferty just don’t seem to work for me. We need someone with pace upfront to compliment lafferty I would bench goncalves for a good couple of weeks to get his hunger back.  

As for the back I think soutter needs to move into midfield just now as he is the only one who can put his foot on the ball and find a pass.  Get Hughes back and if not stick Novak in. 

At the back the real problem is the fullbacks firstly at left back we don’t have one... someone needs their jotters for that alone. On the right I am sorry to say but Smith is too powder puff. The amount of times he shit a challenge today was enough to get him binned.  

Levein and his cronies are the issue here for me they are hopeless.  They have over saw a recruitment period which is the worse in my 20 odd years of going to games time to man up and get someone properly in. I hope budge inserted a try before you buy close in that contract as it’s time to return....

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• soonbe110

• Hendricks

• Escobar PHM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good luck with this one.

Levein can do NO WRONG for some on here. They will find any excuse not to put any blame on Levein.

2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Good luck with this one.

Levein can do NO WRONG for some on here. They will find any excuse not to put any blame on Levein.

Similarly, some will pin everything on him for the man can do no right in their eyes.

2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Good luck with this one.

And some people cant hide their hatred.

He’s certainly to blame for the last two team selections.

Has he been on the bevvy all week?

Thing is, there’s not much Levein can do until the transfer window and beyond. He’s got to scrape us enough points with a sub standard squad and keep morale high.

But imo, he’s not shown his managerial expertise in the last 4,5 days.

Edited by Debut 4

4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Good luck with this one.

You REALLY don't like him do you?

Whilst there are polar opposite opinions on him, no.one can deny that our deficiencies today are a direct result of our signing policy over the last two years.

Unfortunately the blame for this lies solely at his door

1 minute ago, HMS Jambo said:

Whilst there are polar opposite opinions on him, no.one can deny that our deficiencies today are a direct result of our signing policy over the last two years.

Unfortunately the blame for this lies solely at his door

Why ? Are you suggesting that every player we chose was his ?

Perhaps understanding the role of a DOF is a good place to start.

if we are blaming him then blame him for Cathro.

5 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Thing is, there’s not much Levein can do until the transfer window and beyond. He’s got to scrape us enough points with a sub standard squad and keep morale high.

I agree.

Director of football is normally the person who identifies and signs players. The head coach is the person who coaches them. I would almost be willing to put my mortgage on the fact that 99% of our squad are players.he has identified.

Levein isn't the answer (I agree) but presumably some glorified coach working under his guidance is?

:rofl:

When is Daly #steppingup?

Our squad is pretty weak but what worries me is that the team lack any consistent shape, style of play or team selection.  I watch other teams of a similar standard and you know how and what is going to play.

Apart from the GK, Berra and Lafferty, the rest of the team have been very poor in the last 2 big games,  The tempo is way too slow and we are not getting enough players in the last 1/3 of the pitch.  Whether this is tactics or ability I don't know but not great

7 minutes ago, Huguenot said:

Levein never wanted it in the first place. He was told he was taking it.

And who told you that.

1 minute ago, Smith&Weston said:

Our squad is pretty weak but what worries me is that the team lack any consistent shape, style of play or team selection.  I watch other teams of a similar standard and you know how and what is going to play.

Apart from the GK, Berra and Lafferty, the rest of the team have been very poor in the last 2 big games,  The tempo is way too slow and we are not getting enough players in the last 1/3 of the pitch.  Whether this is tactics or ability I don't know but not great

I think it’s worrying how we look lost when trying to play from the back.

It can be down to many factors.

The team not shaped properly, lack of quality and lack of willingness from players to bust a gut to get in front of their marker.

I also think there’s loads of times the man in possession doesn’t see the pass or is apprehensive to play it. Not good.

10 minutes ago, HMS Jambo said:

Director of football is normally the person who identifies and signs players. The head coach is the person who coaches them. I would almost be willing to put my mortgage on the fact that 99% of our squad are players.he has identified.

No its not.

There are several structures that can be used with a DOF in terms or roles and responsibilities the above is one of many.

You are making assumptions.

MacDonald Jardine
4 minutes ago, john5698 said:

And who told you that.

The fact he didn't apply for the role but apparently after numerous applications and a number of interviews the club found the ideal candidate was already at the club would indicate that. 

Of course this could just be more bullshit from Budge but she doesn't do that does she?

Levein has lost the plot bigtime. Hearts are getting worse and if we keep him much longer we'll be relegated. One other thing today is we must of had the worst left back that has ever played in Scottish football. Why Levein plays this gadgy must make Budge and the board, never mind the fans,  wonder what goes on in Leveins head. 

I don't think Levein will be in charge this time next year but I can't blame him for today. He had very few options in midfield due to injuries and he did what he could. We played well first half but we really need a couple of good midfielders and a couple of the injured to return. Souttar in midfield may make a difference once Hughes returns but the number of misplaced passes we make along with the lack of movement and anticipation is worrying.

Grezlak is a poor player but it’s testimony to the bad recruitment and lack of options that he needs to play.

As a support we need to realise it’s a case of playing the best from a bad bunch in certain positions until we can improve the squad.

I believe Levein can fix us but he can do diddly squat until January and beyond.

But then, he can’t shake the blame and doubt that hovers over him regarding the recruitment when he was DOF.

29 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Good luck with this one.

While some put personal hatred in front of rational thought.

Big Slim Stylee
2 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Why can Mitch abuse my team and I can't abuse Mitch ?

I've been abusing the twat for years. You just have to be a bit subtle about it.

3 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

The fact he didn't apply for the role but apparently after numerous applications and a number of interviews the club found the ideal candidate was already at the club would indicate that. 

Of course this could just be more bullshit from Budge but she doesn't do that does she?

That is an assumption and not a fact, just like you have made an assumption.He can't answer who told him because he has made it up..

27 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

He has already stated that he will have to move players on to be able to do anything in the January transfer window and that will not be easy.

I doubt he is capable of signing the type of player able to make a difference to us anyway.

MacDonald Jardine
Just now, john5698 said:

That is an assumption and not a fact, just like you have made an assumption.He can't answer who told him because he has made it up..

So you think he suddenly decided he wanted the role?

8 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Levein has lost the plot bigtime. Hearts are getting worse and if we keep him much longer we'll be relegated. One other thing today is we must of had the worst left back that has ever played in Scottish football. Why Levein plays this gadgy must make Budge and the board, never mind the fans,  wonder what goes on in Leveins head. 

Budge has every confidence in Craig to sort us out :laugh:

Blaming Levein for these two defeats is missing out the obvious. No point in me pointing it out though as those that cannot it eithe dislike Levein or can’t see what’s in front of them. 

Edited by Dannie Boy

11 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I don't think Levein will be in charge this time next year but I can't blame him for today. He had very few options in midfield due to injuries and he did what he could. We played well first half but we really need a couple of good midfielders and a couple of the injured to return. Souttar in midfield may make a difference once Hughes returns but the number of misplaced passes we make along with the lack of movement and anticipation is worrying.

He gave himself a 3 year deal! 

Just now, bobskeldon said:

He gave himself a 3 year deal! 

Which was a 12 month deal only hours before. I didn't want Levein but he has steadied the ship with a couple of good results. However, he won't win us big games or cups. The first team is crying out for a fresh pair of eyes in terms of tactics and recruitment. 

Levein been responsible for the football department for years so no excuses he has to take responsibility for the turmoil the huge turnover of players the number of crap signings and that hivs are vastly superior having just come up. Levein should have been punted with lap top boy and the longer he stays the worse things will be at hearts 

9 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Blaming Levein for these two defeats is missing out the obvious. No point in me pointing it out though as those that cannot it eithe dislike Levein or can’t see what’s in front of them. 

Please enlighten us

I am not a Levein hater, but obviously need a trip to Specsavers

46 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Similarly, some will pin everything on him for the man can do no right in their eyes.

Who else do we pin results/performances/tactics/players on...? The D.o.F.  oh wait.

Just now, merrymac said:

Please enlighten us

I am not a Levein hater, but obviously need a trip to Specsavers

How many midfield players are out just now, who the back four player missing with long term injury, add in no real left back as Grezlak is a huddy? 

So there 5 for a start. It’s Leivens fault these guys are injured and he should jailed for pulling Walkers Hamstring as that’s just exacerbated the selection problem.

Now I'm off to Specsavers.  

18 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

So you think he suddenly decided he wanted the role?

What I think is not the point, you jumped on to a reply I made to another poster to which he stated Levein was told he was taking the job. That poster hasn't answered because he made it up. There are far too many people on here who  make assumptions and try to pass them off as facts.

40 minutes ago, Huguenot said:

Levein never wanted it in the first place. He was told he was taking it.

Is the correct answer.

Total and utter sham. They honestly think we all stitch up the back.

A SERIAL loser throughout his entire career. Totally subservient to the Old Firm with a diabolical embarrassing record against them (today made it ONE win in 18 giants Rangers as Hearts manager). 

8 games into him being forced to take the job and our record:

Won  3

Drawn 2

Lost 3

And in 8 games just 8 goals for. We've managed only 11 in our 12 league games which means only Killie are more toothless.

Undoubtably should have been punted with his protege. It will all end in tears for Levein at Heart which will be a shame given his history with us but its entirely his own fault.

2 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Is the correct answer.

Total and utter sham. They honestly think we all stitch up the back.

A SERIAL loser throughout his entire career. Totally subservient to the Old Firm with a diabolical embarrassing record against them (today made it ONE win in 18 giants Rangers as Hearts manager). 

8 games into him being forced to take the job and our record:

Won  3

Drawn 2

Lost 3

And in 8 games just 8 goals for. We've managed only 11 in our 12 league games which means only Killie are more toothless.

Undoubtably should have been punted with his protege. It will all end in tears for Levein at Heart which will be a shame given his history with us but its entirely his own fault.

The majority of your post is fact regarding your statistics, buth the rest is 1) an assumtion, i.e. he was told to take the job and 2) A serial loser throughout his career is just ridiculous.

MacDonald Jardine
3 minutes ago, john5698 said:

What I think is not the point, you jumped on to a reply I made to another poster to which he stated Levein was told he was taking the job. That poster hasn't answered because he made it up. There are far too many people on here who  make assumptions and try to pass them off as facts.

Okay. My belief is he was told he was taking the job.

Do you have an opinion or would you rather stick to asking others to provide proof of theirs?

2 minutes ago, john5698 said:

The majority of your post is fact regarding your statistics, buth the rest is 1) an assumtion, i.e. he was told to take the job and 2) A serial loser throughout his career is just ridiculous.

Aye, its an assumption. I'm confident that its a correct one.

Please list what he has won.

3 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

How many midfield players are out just now, who the back four player missing with long term injury, add in no real left back as Grezlak is a huddy? 

So there 5 for a start. It’s Leivens fault these guys are injured and he should jailed for pulling Walkers Hamstring as that’s just exacerbated the selection problem.

Now I'm off to Specsavers.  

Get all the injuries chat, but the club formally known as Rangers had a large number of injuries today including both first choice centre backs.

But why start Moore who contributed zero instead of Milinkovic? who has shown up well but never starts?Throw a 16 year old in as your holding midfielder?

Play Brandon for a couple of weeks, then chuck in the worst player in the squad (grizly).Play Walker who has currently chucked in the towel?

Not totally blaming Levein but he does have to shoulder some of the blame. Thought at least a Levein team would be fired up, the number of players that got out muscled was frightening.

4 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Aye, its an assumption. I'm confident that its a correct one.

Please list what he has won.

Are you saying he wasn't a great player or was a decent manager the first time round. Just because you don't win anything doesn't mean you are a serial loser.

18 minutes ago, Gambo said:

10,000 missing Hearts fans before the final whistle tells a story.

The police had the west approach closed well before the final whistle, probably got ready to close it after their third

• cosanostra locked this topic