Levein is not the answer ( merged )

Hood09

38 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Nonsense. If Martin sits and sees out his contract or we pay off the remainder so he never darkens our door again he will have taken well in excess of half a million from Hearts. Similarly Oshinawa. That’s a million pounds right there in wages never mind any signing on fee. 

I very much doubt it. Could you expand on how you reach that figure of  +500k for each player ?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• soonbe110

• Hendricks

• Escobar PHM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Hendricks said:

The new stand has nothing to do with the grossly negligent recruitment policy that has seen us spunk hundreds of thousands on countless incompetent footballers. At a time when we should have been even more careful and astute and done our homework even more diligently we’ve wasted the fans money on crap. Who has been held accountable for this? Anyone? The fact is that regardless of the new stand expense Hearts are underachieving and still have a budget far exceeding clubs we are regularly losing to and seeing in cup finals etc. Sorry but it doesn’t wash anymore, the excuses are pathetic and until we get significant change in our football department we will continue to fail. 

Oh for the advantage of hindsight.

42 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Nonsense. If Martin sits and sees out his contract or we pay off the remainder so he never darkens our door again he will have taken well in excess of half a million from Hearts. Similarly Oshinawa. That’s a million pounds right there in wages never mind any signing on fee. And that’s just two players who contributed absolutely diddly squat. Whilst in time it’s hoped our finances will be able to reflect a bigger player budget and some more ambition in our targets there are no excuses whatsoever for the continual disastrous mistakes in player recruitment. We have pissed the fans money up against a wall time and again. Trusting the same person to sign off on further transfers given the catalogue of failure is idiotic.

Enzo Chiefo
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

The way hindsight works in football is that when a well paid employee is guilty of mismanagement and poor decision making, they get sacked.

Lucille's Thirsty
32 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

Totally agree the level of acceptance for years of mediocrity is a disgrace to the club. 

What do you expect from our club season in season out mate? What’s acceptable. What should we be aiming for? 

BobbyJenkins
37 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

Totally agree the level of acceptance for years of mediocrity is a disgrace to the club. 

Haha get back to reality ffs. ?

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

The total ST revenue is not  all going towards the new stand! There are costs of running the club .. and spunking money through bad recruitment.

The total FoH subsidy to date is £3.8m for "working capital" (in practice about £3m of which was used to build a "reserve" which was part of the funding for the new stand) plus £3m direct contribution to funding of the new stand. There was also some further "benefactor" funding on top of the original £3m. Total maybe £10m to £11m). So there is still a funding gap of several million. (Potential debenture and 500 club finance sources have for some reason not been tapped yet.)

But with all that we should still be comfortably ahead of Killie and Motherwell if properly managed on field.

You mean deferred debt?

The last 500 club(s) we had I contributed.  I paid £500 and got £100 off my ST (or merchandise to the value of £100) for the next 6 seasons ie £600 in total.

If we had another 500 club and 10,000 people contributed that would amass £5m but would reduce our income for the next 6 years by £1m per year.  Begs the question - Pay as you go or future debt hanging over you for 5 or 6 years?

I suspect it has been considered and jettisoned.

Edited by JamboAl

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

The total ST revenue is not  all going towards the new stand! There are costs of running the club .. and spunking money through bad recruitment.

The total FoH subsidy to date is £3.8m for "working capital" (in practice about £3m of which was used to build a "reserve" which was part of the funding for the new stand) plus £3m direct contribution to funding of the new stand. There was also some further "benefactor" funding on top of the original £3m. Total maybe £10m to £11m). So there is still a funding gap of several million. (Potential debenture and 500 club finance sources have for some reason not been tapped yet.)

But with all that we should still be comfortably ahead of Killie and Motherwell if properly managed on field.

For someone who regularly spouts on our finances and the talk of black holes etc I’m amazed that you haven’t seen the AGM details and keep referring to what Mrs Budge said to the Sun newspaper. Why don’t you have the latest published figures? Too lazy or doesn’t match your posting history? 

Just google Hearts AGM 2017 and you will get the slides presented at the AGM showing the cost of the stand, the financing of the stand and the latest (Dec17) status of the various construction/ redesign elements. It’s in the public domain and has been  for three months. 

43 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

What do you expect from our club season in season out mate? What’s acceptable. What should we be aiming for? 

I would like to see the desire from the top and all the way down to find and work towards a high level of consistency.

That we find a new level which becomes the norm. That being regular top 3 over an extended period, not the (roughly) 2,3 good seasons then 2,3 struggling to get back there.

Is that beyond a club of our stature and future , strong financial position?

We are a big fish in a small pond and still continue to have too many dips too regularly. It still takes good decisions at boardroom level of course regarding managerial appointments and signing players, but you can still make a mess of things with good finance.

People can’t bang on about being in the best financial state ever in our history and not put some sort of pressure on the club to achieve higher aims.

HeartofHartley
56 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

I'd say a good cup run every 2 years and being at the same level Aberdeen are at - if not slightly better - on the heels of whoever is 2nd (likely rangers in upcoming seasons) within 6 points would be deemed successful for me.

A final and 4th within a few points of Aberdeen.

AND above Hibs 9 seasons out of 10. Id say 10 but cant be too greedy. 

HeartofHartley
56 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

Haha get back to reality ffs. ?

So mediocrity is acceptable? Finishing 6th or 7th with the 3rd highest budget and 3rd biggest support is acceptable? 

By all means blame the stand- it's just another smoke screen being used for us underachieving. 

19 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

So mediocrity is acceptable? Finishing 6th or 7th with the 3rd highest budget and 3rd biggest support is acceptable? 

By all means blame the stand- it's just another smoke screen being used for us underachieving. 

Aberdeen's budget ahead of ours.

Hibs won't be a million miles behind ours.

Playing budgets.

Edited by PTBCAL

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

I very much doubt it. Could you expand on how you reach that figure of  +500k for each player ?

To reach half a million is an extremely conservative calculation for each of these individuals. 

In Oshinawa’a case a 3 year contract at £3200 a week (extremely conservative) gives you such a figure. 

In Martin’s case a 3 1/2 year contract at £2700 a week (again extremely conservative) gives you such a figure.

This is not even including bonuses (cough cough!), no signing on fees or the like. As I say these figures are hugely conservative for both players especially the former given the fanfare with which he was signed. Disastrous signings. Martin clearly will need a very significant payout, if not all  his contract to get rid of him. I don’t think some amongst the support have any inclination of just how much of our money has been wasted and have bizarrely simply fallen for the stand build as some twighlight zone explanation for the abysmal overall recruitment. 

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Happens a bit to regularly for that blase excuse I’m afraid. Here and there mistakes will be made and for a catalogue of reasons signings don’t work out. However our record in that department, (an absolutely critical department given you and your cohorts delusions over just how skint we’ve been!) we are a complete car crash. An endless list of crap signings destroying our budget, giving no value for money and killing any team building or continuity. It’s not hindsight that’s required it’s the correct people in place to spend the fortunes gifted them by an incredibly tolerant support who are continually letdown by sheer incompetence and a negligible approach to progressing our football team. Christ, the best we can do is search the globe for a month looking for our next head coach only to decide over tea and *scones one afternoon that hey presto, how’d we not think of this genius idea weeks ago, get the ever so important DoF down from his ivory tower, we have a new mission for him!!! 

*must have been scones laced with weed thinking that would be an idea that resulted in any kind of success. 

Edited by Hendricks

8 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

To reach half a million is an extremely conservative calculation for each of these individuals. 

In Oshinawa’a case a 3 year contract at £3200 a week (extremely conservative) gives you such a figure. 

In Martin’s case a 3 1/2 year contract at £2700 a week (again extremely conservative) gives you such a figure.

This is not even including bonuses (cough cough!), no signing on fees or the like. As I say these figures are hugely conservative for both players especially the former given the fanfare with which he was signed. Disastrous signings. Martin clearly will need a very significant payout, if not all  his contract to get rid of him. I don’t think some amongst the support have any inclination of just how much of our money has been wasted and have bizarrely simply fallen for the stand build as some twighlight zone explanation for the abysmal overall recruitment. 

We have also received money for Sow & Goncalves also Rossi. Are you convientantly just forgetting these success?

I would also say that Oshiniwa was highly regarded and nobody knew at the time how it would pan out.

Every club that does not have the money has to gamble with players. The change of manager seems to have brought a change in recruitment so it bodes well for the future.

2 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Happens a bit to regularly for that blase excuse I’m afraid. Here and there mistakes will be made and for a catalogue of reasons signings don’t work out. However our record in that department, (an absolutely critical department given you and your cohorts delusions over just how skint we’ve been!) we are a complete car crash. An endless list of crap signings destroying our budget, giving no value for money and killing any tram building or continuity. It’s not hindsight that’s required it’s the correct people in place to spend the fortunes gifted them by an incredibly tolerant support who are continually letdown by sheer incompetence and a negligible approach to progressing our football team. 

The people who spent the money were sacked or have moved on. What more do you want ? Anne budge begging for your forgiveness? Who hasn't been value for money since levein took charge ? 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov

I'll ask again, who is the answer then? Or do we just not bother with a manager. 

6 minutes ago, Rents said:

We have also received money for Sow & Goncalves also Rossi. Are you convientantly just forgetting these success?

I would also say that Oshiniwa was highly regarded and nobody knew at the time how it would pan out.

Every club that does not have the money has to gamble with players. The change of manager seems to have brought a change in recruitment so it bodes well for the future.

Wasn't aware we were taking about incoming transfer fees but certainly it’s a relief that we were able to find a couple of players to sell even if only one (Sow) was not only a cost covering exercise. Ever thought we might not have needed to sell if not requiring to cover for several epic mistakes?! The change of manager has brought a very short term approach to stabilizing things. There is a massive recruitment required this summer one that would have been made easier by making the cup semi and/or final and seeing bums on seats the rest of the season and an appetite for significant ST renewals. The cup is gone and none of the rest is likely and again that falls on those leading the football side of the club. Systematic and continual failure. 

Levein is the answer. We will see this next season. All in my opinion of course.

17 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

The people who spent the money were sacked or have moved on. What more do you want ? Anne budge begging for your forgiveness? Who hasn't been value for money since levein took charge ? 

Levein as DoF clearly signed off on any and all contracts. Not even worth debating if you can’t or won’t accept that basic point. He is categorically more to blame for the make up of the squad, the huge waste of money we’ve seen on recruitment and the huge job again awaiting him (or better still a fresh head coach) to rebuild the entire first team squad this summer than any other individual. And it isn't even close.. 

Edited by Hendricks

2 hours ago, Dazzle said:

£3500 a week for their entire contract will be over 500k a player

1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

Levein as DoF clearly signed off on any and all contracts. Not even worth debating if you can’t or won’t accept that basic point. He is categorically more to blame for the make up of the squad, the huge waste of money we’ve seen on recruitment and the huge job again awaiting him (or better still a fresh head coach) to rebuild the entire first team squad this summer. 

Or he was supporting his head coach, which if he didn't do you would have had a baby about it. I suspect he couldn't do right no matter what so I don't know why I bothered with you.

12 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Or he was supporting his head coach, which if he didn't do you would have had a baby about it. I suspect he couldn't do right no matter what so I don't know why I bothered with you.

As the boss (DoF) it is ultimately his responsibility especially when dealing with young head coaches (Neilson and Cathro) and given the fact our financial position was still being rebuilt. Due dilligence was massively important and handing out 3 - 3 1/2 year contracts to relative nobodies, in Martins case someone who hd barely played in 100 professional games in a decade was total and utter foley. There are numerous others as you are only too aware. Levein's decision to allow these 2 young coaches to bring in players clearly not up to the task on long contracts, Levein's decision to have them in those roles in the first place. We all know why he appointed them.....as nobody of calibre nor experience will work underneath him. Its all very straightforward and fortunately for someone like me who has been proven correct countless times about the setup Levein has actually made it extremely easy to portion blame. He is the King of Heart of Midlothian Football Club, put in that position by a besotted Budge. A total conflict of interests given his role on the board but nonetheless as I say the decision maker and therefore the person responsible for anything and everything football related. It all falls on him regardless of any mistakes his posse of minions make. Him and him alone. Live by the sword die by the sword as was evidenced again with his failure on Sunday, he will eventually find out, nothing is surer than that. 

Edited by Hendricks

21 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

As the boss (DoF) it is ultimately his responsibility especially when dealing with young head coaches (Neilson and Cathro) and given the fact our financial position was still being rebuilt. Due dilligence was massively important and handing out 3 - 3 1/2 year contracts to relative nobodies, in Martins case someone who hd barely played in 100 professional games in a decade was total and utter foley. There are numerous others as you are only too aware. Levein's decision to allow these 2 young coaches to bring in players clearly not up to the task on long contracts, Levein's decision to have them in those roles in the first place. We all know why he appointed them.....as nobody of calibre nor experience will work underneath him. Its all very straightforward and fortunately for someone like me who has been proven correct countless times about the setup Levein has actually made it extremely easy to portion blame. He is the King of Heart of Midlothian Football Club, put in that position by a besotted Budge. A total conflict of interests given his role on the board but nonetheless as I say the decision maker and therefore the person responsible for anything and everything football related. It all falls on him regardless of any mistakes his posse of minions make. Him and him alone. Live by the sword die by the sword as was evidenced again with his failure on Sunday, he will eventually find out, nothing is surer than that. 

I don't think you like levein. I understand Sammon, Oshawa and Martin etc were mistakes but they held there hands up and changed the way they recruit players. You can't deny that recruitment has been decent of late. Why we are still shite half the time is a different story. Your bitterness over players that were bought over a year ago is a wee bit OTT. Every team makes mistakes in the transfer market, I doubt every team has support from the likes of you who demand a pound of flesh when a mistake is made. But let's face it there are some who will never accept levein or budge for reasons I still don't know. 

Edited by jambopilms

Captain Canada

I want every Hearts manager to do well, but I want to see us try to win every game. Scoring 29 goals in 29 league games is really poor, especially when 4 of those came in one match.

Yes, we've conceded less than a goal per game which is great and highly commendable, but we've drawn too many. Levein's comment about Sunday's game summed it up when he said something along the lines of, he was thinking of making a sub to try to win the game before they scored the second. Why not do that earlier? It sounded to me like he would have been happy with another draw. 

22 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I don't think you like levein. I understand Sammon, Oshawa and Martin etc were mistakes but they held there hands up and changed the way they recruit players. You can't deny that recruitment has been decent of late. Why we are still shite half the time is a different story. Your bitterness over players that were bought over a year ago is a wee bit OTT. Every team makes mistakes in the transfer market, I doubt every team has support from the likes of you who demand a pound of flesh when a mistake is made. But let's face it there are some who will never accept levein or budge for reasons I still don't know. 

Try again. As I have stated many times Levein as a player was a hero of mine. One of the finest I've seen in a Hearts shirt and as a youngster someone I looked up to. What happened to his career as a player was horrendous and devastating for anyone who saw his rise form Cowdenbeath. I certainly don't dislike Craig Levein. However I am absolutely willing to hold him accountable and call him out and provide significant evidence that he is not the man in my opinion to bring success to Hearts. As recently as Sunday he has once again proven that and my strong suspicion is come Friday night further massive question marks will hang over his tenure. 

The points being made today with regards player recruitment where in response to those numnuts who believe that the rebuilding of a stand is to blame for our largely abysmal recruitment over the last couple years. All the time unable to see that the hundreds of thousands we have wasted on players has impacted a player budget still the 4th largest in the country. The building of the stand has enabled the apologists and excuse makers the opportunity to say mañana mañana again and again as we fail again and again. Sorry but it doesn't wash! We should be doing far better than we are with the resources we do have even if the longer term prognosis is even more healthy and that funds will be more readily available. Mid table mediocrity and going out domestic cups to the likes of Peterhead/Dunfermline and Motherwell and Europe to Maltese fisherman is wholly unacceptable when you have the size of support and financial backing that a club like Hearts has. Nearly 5000 through on Sunday, more or less double the home support and thats the best Levein can come up with. Failure, pure and simple! 

Edited by Hendricks

Unknown user

Craig Levein will be Hearts manager next season, probably time to start learning to live with it

Levein has actually made it extremely easy to portion blame. He is the King of Heart of Midlothian Football Club, put in that position by a besotted Budge.

:rofl:

Edited by Ryder

Levein has actually made it extremely easy to portion blame. He is the King of Heart of Midlothian Football Club, put in that position by a besotted Budge.

Cruyff Turn

I'd love to see the stats between Levein and Clarke since both took over. 

What's their wage budget, what is ours?

Where were they in the table and where were we?

How many players they signed in January compared with ourselves. 

And how they've managed to do better in the league and cup?

It is worrying, Friday may compound our misery or make things more optimistic but I find it a bit ridiculous how Killie were much worse off than we were and somehow are now better than us in what I am assuming is a slightly shorter period of time. 

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Craig Levein will be Hearts manager next season, probably time to start learning to live with it

I certainly know that will be the case. Doesn't make it any more palatable and any reason to just shrug and accept his and his teams latest failures. He may be there next season but nothing stands still in football and he's very much on the clock as far as a significant portion of the support are concerned as witnessed by the growing disgruntlement and abuse thrown his way on Sunday afternoon. 

3 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

I certainly know that will be the case. Doesn't make it any more palatable and any reason to just shrug and accept his and his teams latest failures. He may be there next season but nothing stands still in football and he's very much on the clock as far as a significant portion of the support are concerned as witnessed by the growing disgruntlement and abuse thrown his way on Sunday afternoon. 

Just now, Ryder said:

Glad you enjoyed that so much you posted it 3 times :thumbsup:

Sir Vladimir of Romanov

Maybe we should employ Pressley, at least we could all get behind hating the Judas rat. 

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Maybe we should employ Pressley, at least we could all get behind hating the Judas rat. 

As a cup winning captain, Pressley is on the front of the grid as far as Hearts legends go.

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

Think the thread post says it all CL Is not the answer. Would absolutely love Steve Clarke, as manager imagine the contacts and players we could utilise under him would be a bold move from Anne budge to change the structure next season but wouldn’t love to see that.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

As a cup winning captain, Pressley is on the front of the grid as far as Hearts legends go.

Is the grid a grid of Judas rats that showed contempt for the fans on his departure? 

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Personally I'm getting really bored reading variations on the same angry rants again and again and again. TBH I'll probably end up getting the block hammer out if it's going to go on for another five months, this is interminable! I know you won't particularly care, which is fair enough, but there comes a point where people stop listening to the same endless negativity and just turn off. I'm there already, I'll bet I'm not the only one.

Hopefully you'll be able to focus on the positives of supporting the greatest club in the world soon, and hopefully because Craig and the team are giving us reason to believe again.

14 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Glad you enjoyed that so much you posted it 3 times :thumbsup:

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

For someone who regularly spouts on our finances and the talk of black holes etc I’m amazed that you haven’t seen the AGM details and keep referring to what Mrs Budge said to the Sun newspaper. Why don’t you have the latest published figures? Too lazy or doesn’t match your posting history? 

Just google Hearts AGM 2017 and you will get the slides presented at the AGM showing the cost of the stand, the financing of the stand and the latest (Dec17) status of the various construction/ redesign elements. It’s in the public domain and has been  for three months. 

Your reply does not address anything in the post you quote. I read the AGM stuff and the numbers i quote reflect what we were told then and previously. Given that we as foh have contributed over half of the funds to date for the new stand I'd expect an early update on the latest redesign and scaling back of the project. Ann's Sun interview seemed to imply more delay and that completion by the beginning of next  season was now not going to happen. I think there are legitimate questions about what is going on both on and off the pitch.

1 hour ago, Hendricks said:

Surprised if either are earning as much you suggest but you may be right. Reason I doubt it is that when Martin signed I was led to believe that we wouldnt break our pay structure for him but did give him a longer than normal contract. I suspect, if that’s true, that he is on less than £2k per week. 

Osh  has been paid off less than 2 years in to his contract.  Again I’d be surprised if he earned that amount with us. 

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

You mean deferred debt?

The last 500 club(s) we had I contributed.  I paid £500 and got £100 off my ST (or merchandise to the value of £100) for the next 6 seasons ie £600 in total.

If we had another 500 club and 10,000 people contributed that would amass £5m but would reduce our income for the next 6 years by £1m per year.  Begs the question - Pay as you go or future debt hanging over you for 5 or 6 years?

I suspect it has been considered and jettisoned.

I just said they hadn't been used yet. If there are better ways of financing the funding gap then fine. But the longer the delay in completion and the more facilities are scaled back the lower will be the enhanced revenue opportunities which the new stand was intended to provide.

17 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Personally I'm getting really bored reading variations on the same angry rants again and again and again. TBH I'll probably end up getting the block hammer out if it's going to go on for another five months, this is interminable! I know you won't particularly care, which is fair enough, but there comes a point where people stop listening to the same endless negativity and just turn off. I'm there already, I'll bet I'm not the only one.

Hopefully you'll be able to focus on the positives of supporting the greatest club in the world soon, and hopefully because Craig and the team are giving us reason to believe again.

You are correct, I don't care!  There is no endless negativity from me, I'm stating my opinion and if you care to look back over many months you will see that more often than not its proven to be correct. Nobody was more delighted and relieved at the Hibs cup result which was thoroughly deserved and great credit was given for the tenacity with which we worked to win that game. Sadly that type of performance is not the norm but an isolated match. If I didn't care deeply about the 'greatest club in the world' I wouldn't bother voicing the catalogue of mistakes that have been made and calling out the complete crap some people come out with to excuse it. As an example the stand has sod all to do with how poorly we have recruited with the budget that was available during the rebuild! That there will be more money (well hopefully if crowds don't suffer significantly) from the rebuild is neither here nor there in terms of the ongoing underachievement given we still have the 4th biggest budget. This season we have still failed to beat Peterhead, Dunfermline and Motherwell in cup games and last managed to lose in Europe to a Maltese side and in cups to St Johnstone and Hibs. That should be unacceptable but all we hear is more time needed, another transfer window or 6 and in the last 24 hours I've even been told we need to wait for our 8-10 year olds to come through. You literally couldn't make up some of the shit spouted! Hearts should be doing way better than 8 out of 25 wins in the league since Levein took over and the 29 goals in 29 league games stat is one he should be thoroughly embarrassed about. He needs to pull the finger out and pull it out fast. 

Edited by Hendricks

Find it incredible that people are not even willing to give CL a full season as manager before calling for his head.

Yes the season has been disappointing overall but there are signs of progress.

What happens if people get there way and a new manager comes in and loses to Hibs or gets knocked out of Scottish cup before semi's?..........hound him out aswell?

I think Craig Levein deserves a bit more respect from some.

Geoff the Mince
8 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

You are correct, I don't care!  There is no endless negativity from me, I'm stating my opinion and if you care to look back over many months you will see that more often than not its proven to be correct. Nobody was more delighted and relieved at the Hibs cup result which was thoroughly deserved and great credit was given for the tenacity with which we worked to win that game. Sadly that type of performance is not the norm but an isolated match. If I didn't care deeply about the 'greatest club in the world' I wouldn't bother voicing the catalogue of mistakes that have been made and calling out the complete crap some people come out with to excuse it. As an example the stand has sod all to do with how poorly we have recruited with the budget that was available during the rebuild! That there will be more money (well hopefully if crowds don't suffer significantly) from the rebuild is neither here nor there in terms of the ongoing underachievement given we still have the 4th biggest budget. This season we have still failed to beat Peterhead, Dunfermline and Motherwell in cup games and last managed to lose in Europe to a Maltese side and in cups to St Johnstone and Hibs. That should be unacceptable but all we hear is more time needed, another transfer window or 6 and in the last 24 hours I've even been told we need to wait for our 8-10 year olds to come through. You literally couldn't make up some of the shit spouted! Hearts should be doing way better than 8 out of 25 wins in the league since Levein took over and the 29 goals in 29 league games stat is one he should be thoroughly embarrassed about. He needs to pull the finger out and pull it out fast. 

I mentioned this elsewhere but we've only scored 8 goals in the last 10 league games .

Not good at all . 

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Hairybanjo said:

Find it incredible that people are not even willing to give CL a full season as manager before calling for his head.

Yes the season has been disappointing overall but there are signs of progress.

What happens if people get there way and a new manager comes in and loses to Hibs or gets knocked out of Scottish cup before semi's?..........hound him out aswell?

I think Craig Levein deserves a bit more respect from some.

I think so too. It's a frustrating time as we should be doing better of course but there are clear signs of progress there. Someone said before that fine margins dictate success and failure and it's true. I don't think it'll take that much for the balance to tip in our favour and to start turning draws into wins.

8 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Your reply does not address anything in the post you quote. I read the AGM stuff and the numbers i quote reflect what we were told then and previously. Given that we as foh have contributed over half of the funds to date for the new stand I'd expect an early update on the latest redesign and scaling back of the project. Ann's Sun interview seemed to imply more delay and that completion by the beginning of next  season was now not going to happen. I think there are legitimate questions about what is going on both on and off the pitch.

Not sure I understand your post at all. I don’t think FoH have contributed over £7.5m to the new stand development. As per AGM the FoH contribution was £2.5m with £0.5m to come later. Not sure what stuff you read. The FoH contributions to working capital have been used as working capital as per the terms of the CVA and there’s been a lot of other above-budget income generated over the last three years that’s contributed to the amounts coming from working capital to fund the stand. It’s a bit disingenuous to say that above budget gate receipts, unplanned transfer income, unplanned cup runs, higher than expected league prizemoney etc have all just been used as working capital yet the FoH contribution to working  capital has been ring fenced solely for the new stand. In reality, in direct funding,  our mystery benefactors have contributed more to the stand than FoH. The primary use of FoH funding to date  seems day to day working capital. 

Smith&Weston

I find it hard to believe that some fans feel the need to exonerate Craig Levein of any criticism.  He has been a 6/10 at best and has definitely made us much more solid and hard to beat but there have been a lot of disappointing results along the way and to be 6th in the league and in danger of missing out on a top 6 spot is not great.

i look at the squad and we have a number of players that only Celtic can safely say they have more quality.  McLaughlin, Berra, Souttar, Naismith and Lafferty should ensure that we keep them out and score at the other end but the lack of a midfield and pace on the wings has been obvious since he took over.  On a positive he has introduced a number of very promising younger players we should be able to rely on in years to come but again at times the choice to play the likes of Henderson, Godinho, Bauer, Moore at times has been questionable.

He will get next season to fix the wrongs of this season but I do worry that his ‘cautious’ approach will mean that we continue to struggle away from home and score goals at Tynecastle.  Recruitment of key players will define our chances next season.

15 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I just said they hadn't been used yet. If there are better ways of financing the funding gap then fine. But the longer the delay in completion and the more facilities are scaled back the lower will be the enhanced revenue opportunities which the new stand was intended to provide.

We have a loan facility to cover any shortfall. If needed, this would avoid the need to go cap in hand to the fans yet again. Viewed by the Board as much better than 500 Club and Debenture schemes. 

• cosanostra locked this topic