Levein is not the answer ( merged )

Hood09

Shank said no
30 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Ok so there's a number of points in there.

Firstly your telling me fans of other clubs think we should sign attacking midfielders...really? Next.. Tell me the last manager that played a free flowing attacking style.....that had the fans on the edge of their seats, I'll answer that for you Burley for ten games. Since then our record is patchy in that department and our away form has been dreadful for far too long and ultimately cost us over the years.

This fans will stay away mantra was trotted out around this time last year and it simply didn't happen, nor will Hibs have bigger gates than us, when did that last happen, they got a huge lift winning the cup and getting promoted, don't kid yourself on that the hibs fans think everything is rosey in their garden, they will lose ST's at a more rapid rate than we will.

We've lost to Hibs 3 times and they've yet to beat us at Tynecastle on this incredible run they are on, its utter bollox the game v Cathro at easter road was the only time they absolutely outplayed us in that great big amazing run. 

Of course its relevant, its actually fundamental...he picks the players for his team, Berra Naismith and Laffery....surely a continuation of this signing policy to replace the short term loans and supplement with youth will see us in a far stronger position...? 

Neilson game easter road " money spinner " we were atrocious you obviously were not there and Naismith is on loan . My god we have been on some journey for the last 2 years and more and the fans are still backing the club to the hilt it has been incredible from our support and Sunday just proves it however everything has a breaking point and it would be stupid to dismiss it as surely we all want the same thing and that is a successful Hearts be our opinions differ or not .

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• soonbe110

• Hendricks

• Escobar PHM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Class of 75

First time on Kickback as a member as usually happy just to read other supporters' comments. However, the events over the past couple of seasons and especially at Fir Park on Sunday have given me cause for concern on which direction the club is heading. I have been watching Hearts for 35 years and like other supporters have seen some highs and lows but I am becoming concerned at the way in which the club is failing to grasp the momentum gained since bouncing back from administration and we are in effect going backwards. I appreciate that we are building a new Stand and the financial strains that involves, but the standard of player brought through the doors at Tynecastle is way below the standard expected given our resources from FOH and general gate receipts. Players such as Docherty, Davidson and dare i say it Windass were available yet get over looked by our scoutung system. When smaller clubs like Motherwell and Kilmarnock, who have attendances almost a 10th of ours and are challenging us for a top 6 place, and the horrible lot across the other side if the city are 10 points ahead then questions have to be asked. Motherwell should not have been able to lay a gpove on a confident attacking Hearts side. How can a club with a fan base of just over   2, 000 have the resources to assemble a squad to knock us out of the Scottish Cup? Furthermore, even if as pointed out we sign quality players such as Naismith and Lafferty but play them in a defensive manner then again it should be scrutinised. Levein was a great servant of this club as a player but his time as Manager this time around is circumspect. I would hope that change is considered but have it on good authority that Ann Budge will not work without Levein. These are just my thoughts for what they are worth.

34 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Dont be a dick, that sentence backs up my points and makes a mockery of yours... Levien had us scoring goals and 3rd in a highly competitive league, yet your writing him off already based on his time as DoF.

I'm writing him off? lol. Aye, so you keep saying. He mentioned the past, same as I did. I see you've got personal now, bash on.

All Out Attack
5 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

First time on Kickback as a member as usually happy just to read other supporters' comments. However, the events over the past couple of seasons and especially at Fir Park on Sunday have given me cause for concern on which direction the club is heading. I have been watching Hearts for 35 years and like other supporters have seen some highs and lows but I am becoming concerned at the way in which the club is failing to grasp the momentum gained since bouncing back from administration and we are in effect going backwards. I appreciate that we are building a new Stand and the financial strains that involves, but the standard of player brought through the doors at Tynecastle is way below the standard expected given our resources from FOH and general gate receipts. Players such as Docherty, Davidson and dare i say it Windass were available yet get over looked by our scoutung system. When smaller clubs like Motherwell and Kilmarnock, who have attendances almost a 10th of ours and are challenging us for a top 6 place, and the horrible lot across the other side if the city are 10 points ahead then questions have to be asked. Motherwell should not have been able to lay a gpove on a confident attacking Hearts side. How can a club with a fan base of just over   2, 000 have the resources to assemble a squad to knock us out of the Scottish Cup? Furthermore, even if as pointed out we sign quality players such as Naismith and Lafferty but play them in a defensive manner then again it should be scrutinised. Levein was a great servant of this club as a player but his time as Manager this time around is circumspect. I would hope that change is considered but have it on good authority that Ann Budge will not work without Levein. These are just my thoughts for what they are worth.

Welcome and interesting first post. 

8 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Pretty much what I've been goin on about for quite a while but expect to get slated for it on here mate. Plenty decent players to try and sign without over-paying wages but i'll leave this one with Rudy T. Sit back and enjoy! (and don't criticise Mr Levein whatever you do or the blinkered will have you). I'm out.

Edited by jambonian

All Out Attack
57 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

No point in huffing and puffing.

Cl will get the summer.

This season has been a dissapiontment, however we'll have game's v hibs, rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen to look forward too, hardly season over.

We must get our house in order and get a more balanced, better and more deeper squad and we need to improve from the off in the league cup.

No time, money or excuses for a shitty start next season.

Craig's head is on the block.

I think we will, and look forward to  next season and to a lesser extent the top six games this season.

Craig will start next season, posters would be better focusing their anger and frustration elsewhere, calling for his head is a waste of effort.

Don't know about this. 

When season tickets do eventually go up for sale, the one thing we really don't want,  is to have a downer of an end of season or a manger who has alienated over half our support. 

The problem with your statement is that, who else should supporters vent their anger over,  if not the manager and former DOF. If the season does not end well, including this week, we may see Cathro levels of protests. 

Budge does not deserve grief, but it will have to go somewhere. 

I honestly think what makes Hearts supporters less accepting of mediocrity these days is the brilliant volume of FOH contributers we have. When you are paying a load of your hard earned cash and seeing your team fail and bore the pants off you, frustrations build quickly. 

33 minutes ago, Shank said no said:

Neilson game easter road " money spinner " we were atrocious you obviously were not there and Naismith is on loan . My god we have been on some journey for the last 2 years and more and the fans are still backing the club to the hilt it has been incredible from our support and Sunday just proves it however everything has a breaking point and it would be stupid to dismiss it as surely we all want the same thing and that is a successful Hearts be our opinions differ or not .

Oh I was there just as I'll be there on Friday. And we were not atrocious we absolutely bossed them second half and on most other nights would've got an equaliser.

We're not even close to breaking point. We've had a poor season but with little glimpses of promise. We've beaten Hibs last time out we've beaten Celtic convincingly...we are hard to beat it's all foundations to build on. Levien gets this window don't think any sort of fan pressure would change that. And he gets it deservedly so and he will make us a better team.

11 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

This thread is banging, but this post is banging like a Surgeon tune.  And that question.  My dad never seen us win a trophy until he was 40 year old.  What happened all them other years?  How did Airdrie (with ex Hearts players) put us out (I think more than once) when I was a boy?  How did we ever get relegated?  How did Hubz build a far better side in the 70s?  How did Kilmarnock win the League in the 60s?  How did Dundee Utd beat Barcelona over two legs in the 80s?  Why are Burnley going to finish top half in EPL this season?  Why are Kilmarnock doing better under Steve Clarke, does he carry loads of cash?  

Who knows the answers...  Instead, why not just put all the football data into an excel spreadsheet and let it calculate the scores?  That way, you can be safe knowing that those who spend the most will always win.  We wont ever beat Bayern at Tynecastle.  But you can make a pivot table and chart.

In terms of some financial football right-to-buy scheme, a 2-1 defeat at Fir Park is far better than a 0-0 draw with Gretna (when we actually won the cup).

Always the bridesmaid but sometimes like a snobby parent in a weird caste system.

Bazzas right boot
48 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Don't know about this. 

When season tickets do eventually go up for sale, the one thing we really don't want,  is to have a downer of an end of season or a manger who has alienated over half our support. 

The problem with your statement is that, who else should supporters vent their anger over,  if not the manager and former DOF. If the season does not end well, including this week, we may see Cathro levels of protests. 

Budge does not deserve grief, but it will have to go somewhere. 

I honestly think what makes Hearts supporters less accepting of mediocrity these days is the brilliant volume of FOH contributers we have. When you are paying a load of your hard earned cash and seeing your team fail and bore the pants off you, frustrations build quickly. 

FTFY

What makes SOME  Hearts fans seem like privileged, impatient, short sighted  slavers ... these days

48 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Shank said no
30 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Oh I was there just as I'll be there on Friday. And we were not atrocious we absolutely bossed them second half and on most other nights would've got an equaliser.

We're not even close to breaking point. We've had a poor season but with little glimpses of promise. We've beaten Hibs last time out we've beaten Celtic convincingly...we are hard to beat it's all foundations to build on. Levien gets this window don't think any sort of fan pressure would change that. And he gets it deservedly so and he will make us a better team.

Sorry mate but i don't agree with you and Neison set up defensively and up until he took pallardo of  2nd half before he was sent of we were not at the races Sam nick came on and changed the game as we were crying out for width and also his management of Patterson that night was atrocious and the rest is history . PLEASE don't paint a picture that could not be further than the truth and as much as i'm Hearts mad and hate the though that manky mob i can face the facts .

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Class of 75 said:

We beat Celtic 4-0- explain that?

Too many think football is done on a spreadsheet nowadays.

CL  will get the summer window, however he will be  under pressure to deliver results immediately.

To sack a manager before a full window is stupid.

Too sack CL before a full window well, it would be beyond stupid and for  that reason Ann won't do it. She isn't stupid.

6 minutes ago, Shank said no said:

Sorry mate but i don't agree with you and Neison set up defensively and up until he took pallardo of  2nd half before he was sent of we were not at the races Sam nick came on and changed the game as we were crying out for width and also his management of Patterson that night was atrocious and the rest is history . PLEASE don't paint a picture that could not be further than the truth and as much as i'm Hearts mad and hate the though that manky mob i can face the facts .

He did yes....I'm definitely not getting into a Robbie debate. But 2nd half they didnt register a shot on goal. Paterson should've been up the pitch I agree but we should've taken something from that game.

10 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Hi class , interesting first post , there is another topic further down about injuries and suspensions , take this into our management s equations and it sort of defeats the numpties that want rid , but another  100 posts will guarantee  listeners and plane operators will get the "we want oot " banners  out , maybe change is good ? 

How can a team be knocked out of a cup by inferior teams you ask ? History will tell you that cups are made for the said inferior teams to step up , Hearts supporters know this , sometimes as the inferior team , we've won the cup , our next step ( Leicester motivated) maybe even a league , 

anyway  I wish you well on here... FTH

Shank said no
18 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

He did yes....I'm definitely not getting into a Robbie debate. But 2nd half they didnt register a shot on goal. Paterson should've been up the pitch I agree but we should've taken something from that game.

i agree we could of taken something from the game but could you honestly say our play and negativity deserved it i have my doubts as like most of Neilson's away games it was torcher to watch and maybe it is just coincidence but i see a similar pattern the way we play away games this season with the same negative set up and i'm not posting it for a argument far from it my problem is i have genuine concerns like many others however people can ignore if they wish . i will say no more and we can agree to disagree . :2thumbsup:

Class of 75

Many thanks for the kind words from those that have commented. Like all of us on here I just want what is best for a great football club and institution. Hopefully we get a good result on Friday night and come away from there with 3 points. HHGH

rick witter
1 hour ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

CL  will get the summer window, however he will be  under pressure to deliver results immediately.

Too sack CL before a full window well, it would be beyond stupid and for  that reason Ann won't do it. She isn't stupid.

If we finish in the bottom 6 of this league he does not deserve another window and keeping him on would be very very stupid. We will see what happens

Let the Levein lovers keep the faith and bash on defending him. Time will tell, but I reckon we will waste a lot of time and fans money on a man who has completely lost it.

5 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Let the Levein lovers keep the faith and bash on defending him. Time will tell, but I reckon we will waste a lot of time and fans money on a man who has completely lost it.

Had he “lost it” when he managed the drubbing of Celtic? Or when we knocked Hibs out of the Cup?

John mcCartney
2 hours ago, WageThief said:

This thread is banging, but this post is banging like a Surgeon tune.

:compute:

im disillusioned meself and i aint planning on renewing my st as things stand.
ive done it before when ive just had enough/put through the wringer apathy wash over me
and its happening now.....us lot have been put through a lot this season

il be there at fester clocking,im reliably informed,a huge banner being unfurled not exactly in praise of leveins comments...
on and off the pitch he`s pissing people right off

3 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

It’s football. Anything can happen. How have Wigan beaten Man City last three times they have played them? Forest knocked out Arsenal? Rochdale and Newport get draws against Spurs? Berwick Rangers beat Rangers? Adrian Sprott?  Need I say more? It happens all the time. It’s what makes it interesting.   I’d give up if we have to lose every time  we play a team with bigger resources than we have and  we beat everyone else. Boring stuff that would be. 

44 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

It’s all about opinions, conjecture and probably not very often, facts on here. Many time  it’s just made up hot air.  I’m pretty sure you are not close enough to CL to have any genuine grounds for suggesting he has lost it. 

2 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Why don't you explain how beating Celtic has any relevance to the timid shit fest we saw on Sunday.  Its getting boring now. Beating Hibs in the cup ? So what . To chuck it  against a team as piss poor as Well are ?  If CL can get the team up and organised to beat Celtic why was it such a negative outlook against a vastly inferior team ?  Clearly CL didnt think  beating Celtic 4-0 was enough to have a go . Spreadsheet ? What a load of crap. Hearts showed for a whole 25 mins that they could win that game. Shame CL didn't have the confidence to do it from the start. And that is the problem. Timidity and fear from CL. But we got that unbeaten run and no goals conceded , right ? Cannae wait for the dvd.  Where has all the money gone ? The fans are being played for mugs. There is so much acceptance on here of continued failure and mediocrity it is depressing. To sit in the main stand and hear the loud boos at ht tells you that at least the fans who actually go to games aren't shy about criticising what they see. Inconceivable to me that fans are slagging other fans about any risk of not making top 6. Thats what the fans accept now - finishing 5 or 6 as some kind of achievement and losing to Well was no big deal . We spend how much money to be this bad ? 

1 hour ago, ecjambo said:

Had he “lost it” when he managed the drubbing of Celtic? Or when we knocked Hibs out of the Cup?

So apart from the Celtic game and the fortunate Derby win (the goal I mean) what other performances have been worth anything? Answer... Absolutely none and it's not as if it's looking like it'll get better any time soon because of the way Levein sets us up on the park.

5 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

Great point mate, we sign Naismith and play him in midfield? wtf, He went up the park in there box in second half, and penalty. A guy who has 45 caps , a forward , which we are crying out for, and he's playing out of position. Imagine if Robbo played as a midfielder??????

6 hours ago, Shedro said:

So apart from the Celtic game and the fortunate Derby win (the goal I mean) what other performances have been worth anything? Answer... Absolutely none and it's not as if it's looking like it'll get better any time soon because of the way Levein sets us up on the park.

Played well against st Johnstone in the cup but I agree with you. After Celtic game I thought we were going to pick up and run riot against teams. Battled past hibs but been so negative in the other games. Ross county away was tragic. Celtic away we looked lost and Ibrox we were lucky no to get a doing. He's good at setting up defensively but we want attacking. Mclaughlin has saved us numerous times. He's been outstanding and that tells it own story. Levein is a couple of bad results/poor performances away from a fan backlash.

Edited by Bigkyle

10 hours ago, ecjambo said:

The trouble is, he's so much better at getting draws and losses than wins. The odd win here and there will not be good enough to keep him in this job. I have absolutely no confidence in him turning our current situation around in the summer either. Even with some decent players in our squad, he's struggling to get the best out of them.

ford donald
8 hours ago, ycj said:

Great point mate, we sign Naismith and play him in midfield? wtf, He went up the park in there box in second half, and penalty. A guy who has 45 caps , a forward , which we are crying out for, and he's playing out of position. Imagine if Robbo played as a midfielder??????

Newcastle tried it!

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Why don't you explain how beating Celtic has any relevance to the timid shit fest we saw on Sunday.  Its getting boring now. Beating Hibs in the cup ? So what . To chuck it  against a team as piss poor as Well are ?  If CL can get the team up and organised to beat Celtic why was it such a negative outlook against a vastly inferior team ?  Clearly CL didnt think  beating Celtic 4-0 was enough to have a go . Spreadsheet ? What a load of crap. Hearts showed for a whole 25 mins that they could win that game. Shame CL didn't have the confidence to do it from the start. And that is the problem. Timidity and fear from CL. But we got that unbeaten run and no goals conceded , right ? Cannae wait for the dvd.  Where has all the money gone ? The fans are being played for mugs. There is so much acceptance on here of continued failure and mediocrity it is depressing. To sit in the main stand and hear the loud boos at ht tells you that at least the fans who actually go to games aren't shy about criticising what they see. Inconceivable to me that fans are slagging other fans about any risk of not making top 6. Thats what the fans accept now - finishing 5 or 6 as some kind of achievement and losing to Well was no big deal . We spend how much money to be this bad ? 

If you read the post i answered to -you would see the relevance.

They stated a team with 2000 fans shouldn't be beating us. With that logic, we should never beat Celtic, especially 4-0. The point being football isn't played out on a calculator.

Your post is a rant with no consideration were we came from ( Peterhead beat us) and we're we imo are going.

Finishing top 6 is dissapionting and being knocked out the sc by well is dissapionting but it is an improvement on getting knocked out by Peterhead and the form Cathro had us in.

We have also ended the hibs, Celtic and St Johnstone "hoodoo" and created a club record.

Do we need to improve- yes, must we do it quickly- yes.

The summer transfer window is massive and we must start well.

Motherwell will probably beat us again at some point tho. 

I can't advocate sacking any manager before he gets a full summer window, it doesn't make any sense.

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, John mcCartney said:

:compute:

im disillusioned meself and i aint planning on renewing my st as things stand.
ive done it before when ive just had enough/put through the wringer apathy wash over me
and its happening now.....us lot have been put through a lot this season

il be there at fester clocking,im reliably informed,a huge banner being unfurled not exactly in praise of leveins comments...
on and off the pitch he`s pissing people right off

Ffs, a banner at Easter road. Hopefully not.

Embarrassing wouldn't cover it.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

No matter how bad it is, you don't air your dirty linen in front of your neighbours.

X100

Would be worse than the plane stunt.

Be on TV as well...

:jj_facepalm:

And helpful in what way?

Hopefully not true.

Ron Burgundy
7 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

X100

Would be worse than the plane stunt.

Be on TV as well...

:jj_facepalm:

And helpful in what way?

Hopefully not true.

I read it as a banner in the vermin end, hopefully not ours but it has reached the stage where a huge percentage are pig sick of the turgid shite we are watching.

Nookie Bear
7 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I read it as a banner in the vermin end, hopefully not ours but it has reached the stage where a huge percentage are pig sick of the turgid shite we are watching.

Actually, you may be right about it being in the hibs end.

Which reinforces the 'twat' persona, they have been carefully cultivating for years.

Shank said no
27 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Your post is a rant with no consideration were we came from ( Peterhead beat us) and we're we imo are going.

A wee bit rich coming from someone who was adamant we would over take HIBS by the time we played them or maybe you have just conveniently forgotten . Think you need to practice what you preach  :cornette:

Shank said no
13 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Its the Hobbo muppets that are making the banner ffs a hope it's a bit better than there last effort  hmmm they have been collecting for it asking for donations setting up a account on sisterfister.net and low and behold it was even suggested they were going to ask the club to part fund there displays honestly you could not make it up they are complete looneys :cornette:

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

If you read the post i answered to -you would see the relevance.

They stated a team with 2000 fans shouldn't be beating us. With that logic, we should never beat Celtic, especially 4-0. The point being football isn't played out on a calculator.

Finishing top 6 is dissapionting and being knocked out the sc by well is dissapionting but it is an improvement on getting knocked out by Peterhead and the form Cathro had us in.

We have also ended the hibs, Celtic and St Johnstone "hoodoo" and created a club record.

Do we need to improve- yes, must we do it quickly- yes.

The summer transfer window is massive and we must start well.

Motherwell will probably beat us again at some point tho. 

I can't advocate sacking any manager before he gets a full summer window, it doesn't make any sense.

I'm asking the doctor to pop in and see you.

Plain Truth on this place is as welcome as it is in Putin's Russia.   You need to be careful!!!

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, ford donald said:

Newcastle tried it!

So they did  , I forgot about that.  Played  Mirandinho up top iirc.  Thankfully, wee Robbo was back up the road a few months later in time for the latter stages of that fantastic UEFA cup run.

15 hours ago, Shank said no said:

Spot on mate!!!

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Shank said no said:

A wee bit rich coming from someone who was adamant we would over take HIBS by the time we played them or maybe you have just conveniently forgotten . Think you need to practice what you preach  :cornette:

I'm still up for catching hibs.still possible ?

You continue pissing your pants and crying tho.

Nb, hardly adamant, I thought we would, unfortunately during the unbeaten December I called correctly, we drew too much.

You win some, you lose some.

I don't get too excited when we win, I don't have a breakdown when we lose.

Shank said no
10 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Nb, hardly adamant, I thought we would, unfortunately during the unbeaten December I called correctly, we drew too much.

Still possible and i would love it to happen but it is highly unlikely though but a think you know that as well . However you then say you don't get too excited when we win but it was during our win spell that you made the statement it's ok though you win some you lose some  :2thumbsup:  

31 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Catching Hibs??  You can have a slice of my humble pie on that one Tosh.  :thumbsup:

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Catching Hibs??  You can have a slice of my humble pie on that one Tosh.  :thumbsup:

It looks that way?

16 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

This is where I am at

Lets see how the window goes but CL may be on a shooglie peg come Christmas.

sandylejambo

only one person is to blame for Levein not having a summer transfer window, who was that again?

6 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

only one person is to blame for Levein not having a summer transfer window, who was that again?

Levein's model is continuity so it isn't necessary to completely change all the players.  The head coach simply continues exactly the same job as the previous head coach.

26 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

It looks that way?

I share your pain.  :kiss:

17 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

In terms of being too slow to punt Cathro?

3 hours ago, Shank said no said:

Joined last month but you seem to know a lot about old posts????

• cosanostra locked this topic