Levein is not the answer ( merged )

Hood09

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

So had Cathro and Cathro had experience on the continent too, as well as assistant at Newcastle.

Don't know how you can use a phrase "second to none" to describe someone who has been sacked twice.  I certainly wouldn't be crowing about a double sacking.

By the way, I'm not saying he is a bad manager.  I'm suggesting it is a little premature to be shouting from the rooftops.

Have a look at his record in the big games. I'm sure he won at Anfield, twice. Possibly beat Moyes at Old Trafford too. He got average players playing above themselves, and that's great management. Four defeats in a row and your out is probably the average in that league, means nothing. He'll do well but could see us and other teams doing just as well if we go down the same route and think outside the box

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• soonbe110

• Hendricks

• Escobar PHM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, frankblack said:

With all our expenditure off the field with the new stand and renting of Murrayfield I doubt it.

We actually made money out of renting Murrayfield.   The stand however does need additional funding - not to mention the new hybrid pitch for next season.

ford donald
34 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

So had Cathro and Cathro had experience on the continent too, as well as assistant at Newcastle.

Don't know how you can use a phrase "second to none" to describe someone who has been sacked twice.  I certainly wouldn't be crowing about a double sacking.

By the way, I'm not saying he is a bad manager.  I'm suggesting it is a little premature to be shouting from the rooftops.

Comparing Clarke to Cathro ffs get a brain.

27 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Have a look at his record in the big games. I'm sure he won at Anfield, twice. Possibly beat Moyes at Old Trafford too. He got average players playing above themselves, and that's great management. Four defeats in a row and your out is probably the average in that league, means nothing. He'll do well but could see us and other teams doing just as well if we go down the same route and think outside the box

We play small and medium games as well as big ones.

He was sacked in each of 2 manager roles.  Why? 

As for thinking outside the box, did we not do that when we appointed Cathro, as opposed to asking others on the managerial merry-go-round?

4 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Comparing Clarke to Cathro ffs get a brain.

That's a highly illuminating post.

Did you mention "brain"?

What an abomination of a thread.

Total arseholes tripping up over each other to stick the boot in wherever possible or not in some cases.

Supporters my arse.

ford donald
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That's a highly illuminating post.

Did you mention "brain"?

look for one

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

With all our expenditure off the field with the new stand and renting of Murrayfield I doubt it.

Were we not told that the stand wouldn't affect the playing budget and murrayfield would cover it's self due to increased crowd's

Our average home crowd is 13k  than killies

Our wage bill will be much higher as well and we pay the 4th highest average salary in the SPL compared to killie who pay the 4th lowest in the league

Therefore I reckon we've got a much bigger  budget

Im not sure how you think killie have a bigger budget 

ford donald
16 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Were we not told that the stand wouldn't affect the playing budget and murrayfield would cover it's self due to increased crowd's

Our average home crowd is 13k  than killies

Our wage bill will be much higher as well and we pay the 4th highest average salary in the SPL compared to killie who pay the 4th lowest in the league

Therefore I reckon we've got a much bigger  budget

Im not sure how you think killie have a bigger budget 

There is no way Kilmarnock will have a bigger budget,than Hearts.

7 minutes ago, ford donald said:

There is no way Kilmarnock will have a bigger budget,than Hearts.

Correct 

Big night for levein!! Can't afford a heavy defeat or a crap performance. Rather lose having a proper attacking go then lose parking the bus and playing long balls. We can do it !!!

Lafferty and naismith wages would prob cover 5/6 killie players 

5 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Of course things are getting better.  The foundations are in place behind the scenes and  unless you an imbecile or trouble-maker,  on the pitch you can see from our signings since the summer that we are now targeting quality rather than quantity.  

Of course there will be bumps along the way but fortunately we currently have a board who who don't demand a head on a stick with every set back.  We tried that before and it was hardly the most sustainable model we've ever employed.

It says a lot for the people concerned that in the build up to a derby we are seeing multiple posts from largely the same posters peddling the same shite rather than getting behind the club.  Hopefully, they will be scuttling back under their rocks tonight after we hand the vermin their arses on a plate again.

FTH. 

??????

1 hour ago, Oliver Twist said:

Total arseholes tripping up over each other to stick the boot in wherever possible or not in some cases.

Supporters my arse.

This this and more this. To be fair to them weve had season defining moments in December , January , Feb and now March so law of averages they will get a negative one to jump on. 

I detest losing to that lot and never ever go in expecting anything but a win. The club don’t either I know that for a fact. Its the most natural feeling in the world doesnt always happen but the thought process is the same. However should it not end positive for us tonight i wont be throwing my club , the players or anyone else under the bus like the usual suspects on here who cant say something positive about the club and if we win will disappear for a week rathet than enjoy it.

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

We play small and medium games as well as big ones.

He was sacked in each of 2 manager roles.  Why? 

As for thinking outside the box, did we not do that when we appointed Cathro, as opposed to asking others on the managerial merry-go-round?

Cathro was outside many boxes. And I meant more down the line of out the box but with strong experience like a Steve Evans, the guy just sacked from Mansfield or even Tony Pulis

1 hour ago, sadj said:

This this and more this. To be fair to them weve had season defining moments in December , January , Feb and now March so law of averages they will get a negative one to jump on. 

I detest losing to that lot and never ever go in expecting anything but a win. The club don’t either I know that for a fact. Its the most natural feeling in the world doesnt always happen but the thought process is the same. However should it not end positive for us tonight i wont be throwing my club , the players or anyone else under the bus like the usual suspects on here who cant say something positive about the club and if we win will disappear for a week rathet than enjoy it.

I think some on here were really gutted at our run in December.   They had their knives sharpened and ready to stab Levein in the back - its taken until the Motherwell result for them to feel confident enough to show their faces.

Should things go pear shaped tonight I think I'll be staying well clear of this messageboard for a day or so.  People seem to think that if they post something on here it will make some kind of difference to our manager situation, and just don't get that it won't.

The zoomers will be out in force, howling at the moon, regardless if we lose.

merseyjambo
1 hour ago, sadj said:

So Hearts fans who have concerns about the manager and his style of football are arseholes???

I’ve seen much worse teams and players than we have at the moment. When you watch a team with guys like Denny, Strickland, More and McShane in it, then you’ll know what suffering really is.

it doesn’t detract from the fact that we are playing turgid, dire football. We bring in Naismith who everyone thought would be a standout as a striker but we play him in midfield. We bring in wingers, and yet they’re on the bench more often than not. 

That shows that as a fan I have right to have concerns about the football being played.

Stats don’t lie

We have

Scored 29 goals in 29 league games

Scored more than one goal on 5 occasions in 29 league games - 4 v Celtic, 3 & 2 at Hamilton, 2 in Dingwall and 2 at home v Dundee. 13 goals in 5 games. Which means 16 goals in the remaining 24.

We have won 9 games out of 29 in the league

if you want to knock off the first 4 games because CL wasn’t in charge

Its 8 wins in 25

26 goals in 25 games

No matter how you look at it, those stats are extremely worrying. For a team that has the 4th biggest budget in the league with 2 guys who should be scoring for fun in this league, it tells me that we play with a safety first tactic. We’d rather draw than lose. I’d rather win 6 and lose 6 than draw 12. For one it gives you more points and it shows you have a positive approach to a game. 

I thought after the Celtic win and the decent performance against Dundee the midweek after, that we would kick on, show our intent and go after teams. We have the talent to do it yet instead we go back to the same uninspiring and defensively minded football. 

Will I take a boring 1-0 win against them tonight. Yes I would and would be happy with the result. However, it still doesn’t alter my view that with the players we have at our disposal, we should be playing better football than we are. We should be playing football not a containment game. 

If we get beat or hammered tonight, am I going to throw my toys out the pram and turn my back on the team, no. I don’t think any Hearts fan would but for fans to call other fans arseholes because they are unhapppy with how the team are playing is pathetic.

The one thing that still annoys is that on Sunday we had the chance to get a trip to Hampden and with the draw it could possibly have been two and the chance to make some serious coin from it to help with the playing budget or pitch fund for next season yet we blew it through safety first tactics in the first half because it’s how he sets up. Second half when we gave it a go we were the much better team and probably deserved a replay. If we had gone at them from the start, we’d have won that tie hands down.

Goals win games and we don’t score enough of them. The stats don’t lie and the stats we have show we are a defensively minded team. 

Edited by merseyjambo

All Out Attack

I think some on here were really gutted at our run in December.   They had their knives sharpened and ready to stab Levein in the back - its taken until the Motherwell result for them to feel confident enough to show their faces.

Should things go pear shaped tonight I think I'll be staying well clear of this messageboard for a day or so.  People seem to think that if they post something on here it will make some kind of difference to our manager situation, and just don't get that it won't.

"Zoomers waiting to stab Levein in the back...."

I take it you are talking about fellow Hearts supporters here. 

Let me remind you that Levein was not a universally popular appointment and an awful lot of people did not see why someone who experimented on Hearts with a trainee manager, should get another chance to run our team. 

Whilst Hearts looked to be turning a corner from this Cathro shambles, most doubters would undoubtedly have come round to accepting his position. After all, we all want Hearts to compete and win trophies. 

Reality however,  suggests we are now 6th in the league, out of the cup and our season is dead.

Many of us now have serious concerns over coming season ticket sales, which may affect next seasons football budget and it is therefore critical to our future. Getting to Hampden would have helped solve this problem, however Levein's tactics soon put that to bed. Our squad is a shambles and we are now 4 years into this mythical 5 year plan. 

This stuff may be difficult for you to understand, but accepting mediocrity will damage our club more in the medium term, than changing our manager and starting afresh in the short term. 

Winning tonight would be incredible but it will be absolutely irrelevant if we finish in an unacceptable 6th or 7th at the end of the season. 

Ultimately it has to be our league position that determines our managers future. Over 38 games, there can be no hiding place or debate. 

Edited by All Out Attack

ford donald
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Cathro was outside many boxes. And I meant more down the line of out the box but with strong experience like a Steve Evans, the guy just sacked from Mansfield or even Tony Pulis

Steve Evans,thought he resigned.

2 hours ago, Bigkyle said:

Lafferty and naismith wages would prob cover 5/6 killie players 

Who would you rather have in maroon - the 5 or 6 Killie players or Naismith and Lafferty? 

Genuine question. 

22 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Let me remind you that Levein was not a universally popular appointment and an awful lot of people did not see why someone who experimented on Hearts with a trainee manager, should get another chance to run our team. 

Whilst Hearts looked to be turning a corner from this Cathro shambles, most doubters would undoubtedly have come round to accepting his position. After all, we all want Hearts to compete and win trophies. 

Reality however,  suggests we are now 6th in the league, out of the cup and our season is dead.

Many of us now have serious concerns over coming season ticket sales, which may affect next seasons football budget and it is therefore critical to our future. Getting to Hampden would have helped solve this problem, however Levein's tactics soon put that to bed. Our squad is a shambles and we are now 4 years into this mythical 5 year plan. 

This stuff may be difficult for you to understand, but accepting mediocrity will damage our club more in the medium term, than changing our manager and starting afresh in the short term. 

Winning tonight would be incredible but it will be absolutely irrelevant if we finish in an unacceptable 6th or 7th at the end of the season. 

Ultimately it has to be our league position that determines our managers future. Over 38 games, there can be no hiding place or debate. 

By Zoomers I mean the same clowns who have been sticking the boot into the club on here since Levein became DOF.

Like it or not our budget will be severely restricted regardless with the new pitch and paying off the stand.

The basic problem with most of these idiots is they can't accept that Hibs are going to finish above us this season and can't see the bigger picture.  Sacrifices have to be made to pay the bills.

I don't accept mediocrity but the Cathro experiment set us back a season or more and it will take us a season to get back to that position let alone progress beyond it.

Levein will be here next season, time you just accepted it because there isn't anything you can do about it.

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, sadj said:

:spoton:

It should have been ten
8 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Of course things are getting better.  The foundations are in place behind the scenes and  unless you an imbecile or trouble-maker,  on the pitch you can see from our signings since the summer that we are now targeting quality rather than quantity.  

Of course there will be bumps along the way but fortunately we currently have a board who who don't demand a head on a stick with every set back.  We tried that before and it was hardly the most sustainable model we've ever employed.

It says a lot for the people concerned that in the build up to a derby we are seeing multiple posts from largely the same posters peddling the same shite rather than getting behind the club.  Hopefully, they will be scuttling back under their rocks tonight after we hand the vermin their arses on a plate again.

FTH. 

4 hours ago, Oliver Twist said:

Supporters my arse.

??????????

1 hour ago, All Out Attack said:

I read frankblack's post, then reread it and nowhere did I see that he was accepting mediocrity.  Did you just make that up for effect?

Negative tactics.

Season ticket sales.

Mediocrity.

Bleeding eyes.

Embarrassing.

Transfer policy.

Shambles.

Just a sample of the words and cliches of the Moon Howler.

1 hour ago, ford donald said:

Steve Evans,thought he resigned.

Straight into top job at the Posh

1 hour ago, All Out Attack said:

They are back stabbing zoomers though. Who gives a **** if they support the same team? Why is it okay to fire horrendous abuse at the manager, owner and players but not the supporters?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Answer: It was Austin MacPhee's Idea / tactics to play the way we did.

Incidentally Levein's vision for is when he took over the footballing side of the club.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Who would you rather have in maroon - the 5 or 6 Killie players or Naismith and Lafferty? 

Genuine question. 

Jones mulumbu dicker kiltie all good players who would be playing in our starting 11

Edited by Bigkyle

1 minute ago, Bigkyle said:

Jones mulumbu dicker kiltie 

Some name that. African?

Class of 75

The example of Steve Clarke at Kilmarnock shows what can be done with little resources. Kilmarnock have signed only 2 players since the start of the season, a season which began with only 3 points out of an available 24. They have been revitalised under Steve Clarke and now find themselves in 5th, ahead of us. Irrespective of what he has achieved in his previous appointments it is this present one that matters and at the moment they are better than Hearts. Unfortunately the table or statistics don't lie. Levein and Cathro before him have conspired to make this job difficult. The performance of Kilmarnock and other smaller sides has shown you don't need large budgets to do well in this league. The smokescreen of funding the building of the main stand should not hinder the building of a competent and attacking Hearts side which can make a challenge in this league. Is the building of a new stand a cover used to mask poor results and a below par season? However, like other Hearts' fans I will be more than happy with a victory tonight despite my misgivings regarding the current management set up.

2 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

The example of Steve Clarke at Kilmarnock shows what can be done with little resources. Kilmarnock have signed only 2 players since the start of the season, a season which began with only 3 points out of an available 24. They have been revitalised under Steve Clarke and now find themselves in 5th, ahead of us. Irrespective of what he has achieved in his previous appointments it is this present one that matters and at the moment they are better than Hearts. Unfortunately the table or statistics don't lie. Levein and Cathro before him have conspired to make this job difficult. The performance of Kilmarnock and other smaller sides has shown you don't need large budgets to do well in this league. The smokescreen of funding the building of the main stand should not hinder the building of a competent and attacking Hearts side which can make a challenge in this league. Is the building of a new stand a cover used to mask poor results and a below par season? However, like other Hearts' fans I will be more than happy with a victory tonight despite my misgivings regarding the current management set up.

Hos previous appointments don’t matter, but his future ones can be predicted accurately based on his current one?

ford donald
3 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

You are telling a lot of truth here.

6 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Hos previous appointments don’t matter, but his future ones can be predicted accurately based on his current one?

This - would he have revitalised a midfield with the likes of Martin and a couple of 16 year olds, no wide players, and one striker who is not the fastest?  I doubt it.

Remember this was a team completely in disarray due to the manager we started with.  The losses to Peterhead and Dunfermline were an absolute embarrassment - the former arguably one of the the worst in our history.

Class of 75
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

This - would he have revitalised a midfield with the likes of Martin and a couple of 16 year olds, no wide players, and one striker who is not the fastest?  I doubt it.

Remember this was a team completely in disarray due to the manager we started with.  The losses to Peterhead and Dunfermline were an absolute embarrassment - the former arguably one of the the worst in our history.

But the question has to be asked who signed those players? Who was responsible? Who has left Hearts with one recognised striker, sold the other 2 and sent 2 out on loan? Who plays negative tactics and treats Motherwell as if they were Real Madrid?

43 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Captures the current situation nicely. 

By Zoomers I mean the same clowns who have been sticking the boot into the club on here since Levein became DOF.

Like it or not our budget will be severely restricted regardless with the new pitch and paying off the stand.

The basic problem with most of these idiots is they can't accept that Hibs are going to finish above us this season and can't see the bigger picture.  Sacrifices have to be made to pay the bills.

I don't accept mediocrity but the Cathro experiment set us back a season or more and it will take us a season to get back to that position let alone progress beyond it.

Levein will be here next season, time you just accepted it because there isn't anything you can do about it.

Amazing how some fans can get so angry about the fact that some fans don't like CL/didn't want him near the MANAGERS job (what happened to the much vaunted head coach we were supposed to have )?  Actually going by what i read on here there are plenty who are and have been resigned to Hibs finishing higher for some time now.  You sound like a school teacher - "accept it, nothing you can do". well, some people aren't going to accept it - and the Well game is a reason why (for the record, i thought CL should be given a chance to prove himself but 9 league wins and a shit fest at Fir park shows how good he is).  He was regarded by a few on here at his initial appointment as negative and last week proved it beyond doubt - he shat the bed against a pitiful Well side. But for some strange reason there are people on here who are more angry at people having  pointed this  out than the fact we got emptied out of the cup in a season ending game where we surrendered from the kick off. What a strange place this is.  As for the same old few who keep posting the negative stuff - if only CL could deliver something to shut them up.  More  worryingly, when folk on here are quick to say that JKB isn't representative of the general Hearts support  I would say the level of booing I heard on Sunday suggests it isn't a minority who are pissed of at the way things are going. 

I agree that CL will be here next season and it's a pity it will probably still be as manager. 

MacDonald Jardine
3 hours ago, frankblack said:

FFS.

I would think most on this site want us to win.

Levein doesn't walk on water though. 

ford donald
8 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

FFS.

I would think most on this site want us to win.

Levein doesn't walk on water though. 

Reminds me of the unsinkable titanic!

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 hour ago, ISMAparty said:

Answer: It was Austin MacPhee's Idea / tactics to play the way we did.

Incidentally Levein's vision for is when he took over the footballing side of the club.

Sorry wrong thread.

37 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Amazing how some fans can get so angry about the fact that some fans don't like CL/didn't want him near the MANAGERS job (what happened to the much vaunted head coach we were supposed to have )?  Actually going by what i read on here there are plenty who are and have been resigned to Hibs finishing higher for some time now.  You sound like a school teacher - "accept it, nothing you can do". well, some people aren't going to accept it - and the Well game is a reason why (for the record, i thought CL should be given a chance to prove himself but 9 league wins and a shit fest at Fir park shows how good he is).  He was regarded by a few on here at his initial appointment as negative and last week proved it beyond doubt - he shat the bed against a pitiful Well side. But for some strange reason there are people on here who are more angry at people having  pointed this  out than the fact we got emptied out of the cup in a season ending game where we surrendered from the kick off. What a strange place this is.  As for the same old few who keep posting the negative stuff - if only CL could deliver something to shut them up.  More  worryingly, when folk on here are quick to say that JKB isn't representative of the general Hearts support  I would say the level of booing I heard on Sunday suggests it isn't a minority who are pissed of at the way things are going. 

I agree that CL will be here next season and it's a pity it will probably still be as manager. 

This, all day long!!

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

There is something you can do, stay away, don't buy match or season tickets, dont buy club merchandise or contribute to the Foundation.

Not actions I personally endorse, but the more people who do, then Budge and Levein might get the message 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

This, all day long!!

Indeed, it’s only 7 league wins and two in the cup in 32 games though.

27 minutes ago, DavieG said:

There is something you can do, stay away, don't buy match or season tickets, dont buy club merchandise or contribute to the Foundation.

Not actions I personally endorse, but the more people who do, then Budge and Levein might get the message 

Yes, that’ll help, right enough. It would make most Hibs *****’ day, however.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
12 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Yes, that’ll help, right enough. It would make most Hibs *****’ day, however.

We could have Dave King in charge and I wouldn't stop supporting Hearts. Each to their own I guess. Even with a bairn in charge  (Cathro) I would still be there. I support Hearts, that never changes.

1 minute ago, ISMAparty said:

We could have Dave King in charge and I wouldn't stop supporting Hearts. Each to their own I guess. Even with a bairn in charge  (Cathro) I would still be there. I support Hearts, that never changes.

Thats how it works. I was there at the end of Joe Jordan’s reign, Tommy McLean, Malofeev, McGlynn, Locke... It’s what you do.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
5 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Thats how it works. I was there at the end of Joe Jordan’s reign, Tommy McLean, Malofeev, McGlynn, Locke... It’s what you do.

Exactly, regardless of whether you agree with what's happening or not you pay your money and support the club. It makes winning something so much more special. I know this after meeting City fans in Manchester. You always know who the lifelong supporters are!

You going tonight?

1 minute ago, ISMAparty said:

Exactly, regardless of whether you agree with what's happening or not you pay your money and support the club. It makes winning something so much more special. I know this after meeting City fans in Manchester. You always know who the lifelong supporters are!

You going tonight?

No, unfortunately. My wife is away and I’m looking after our daughter.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
Just now, Ryder said:

No, unfortunately. My wife is away and I’m looking after our daughter.

More important things than football ? Hope you enjoy watching it in the house. :thumbsup:

• cosanostra locked this topic