Levein is not the answer ( merged )

Hood09

Enzo Chiefo
31 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Is the grid a grid of Judas rats that showed contempt for the fans on his departure? 

32 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Is the grid a grid of Judas rats that showed contempt for the fans on his departure? 

Not in my book but I appreciate that some would have him on the front of that particular grid too.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• soonbe110

• Hendricks

• Escobar PHM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Captain Canada
14 minutes ago, Hairybanjo said:

Find it incredible that people are not even willing to give CL a full season as manager before calling for his head.

Yes the season has been disappointing overall but there are signs of progress.

What happens if people get there way and a new manager comes in and loses to Hibs or gets knocked out of Scottish cup before semi's?..........hound him out aswell?

I think Craig Levein deserves a bit more respect from some.

There has been progress under Levein compared to Cathro, but that's not a giant step up. Compared to Neilson's time in the top flight, we've gone backwards in terms of results and performances. 

21 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

You are correct, I don't care!  There is no endless negativity from me, I'm stating my opinion and if you care to look back over many months you will see that more often than not its proven to be correct. Nobody was more delighted and relieved at the Hibs cup result which was thoroughly deserved and great credit was given for the tenacity with which we worked to win that game. Sadly that type of performance is not the norm but an isolated match. If I didn't care deeply about the 'greatest club in the world' I wouldn't bother voicing the catalogue of mistakes that have been made and calling out the complete crap some people come out with to excuse it. As an example the stand has sod all to do with how poorly we have recruited with the budget that was available during the rebuild! That there will be more money (well hopefully if crowds don't suffer significantly) from the rebuild is neither here nor there in terms of the ongoing underachievement given we still have the 4th biggest budget. This season we have still failed to beat Peterhead, Dunfermline and Motherwell in cup games and last managed to lose in Europe to a Maltese side and in cups to St Johnstone and Hibs. That should be unacceptable but all we hear is more time needed, another transfer window or 6 and in the last 24 hours I've even been told we need to wait for our 8-10 year olds to come through. You literally couldn't make up some of the shit spouted! Hearts should be doing way better than 8 out of 25 wins in the league since Levein took over and the 29 goals in 29 league games stat is one he should be thoroughly embarrassed about. He needs to pull the finger out and pull it out fast. 

Quote of the year from  Hendricks - ‘there is no endless negativity from me’   

You clearly don’t read  your own posts after typing them. 

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not sure I understand your post at all. I don’t think FoH have contributed over £7.5m to the new stand development. As per AGM the FoH contribution was £2.5m with £0.5m to come later. Not sure what stuff you read. The FoH contributions to working capital have been used as working capital as per the terms of the CVA and there’s been a lot of other above-budget income generated over the last three years that’s contributed to the amounts coming from working capital to fund the stand. It’s a bit disingenuous to say that above budget gate receipts, unplanned transfer income, unplanned cup runs, higher than expected league prizemoney etc have all just been used as working capital yet the FoH contribution to working  capital has been ring fenced solely for the new stand. In reality, in direct funding,  our mystery benefactors have contributed more to the stand than FoH. The primary use of FoH funding to date  seems day to day working capital. 

I didn't say £7.5m. I said 50% of funding so far. If it hadn't been for FoH's donation of £3.8m BEFORE it began making its direct contribution of £3m the £3m "club reserves" would simply not have existed. FoH has (or will within a month or two) have contributed as a gift £6m towards the new stand or at least 50% of what has been raised to date. That doesn't include fan donations under other fund raising initiatives. Of course other income contributed to working capital but the SURPLUS (or "club reserves") available for funding the new stand of £3m (before FoH's direct contribution) would simply not have existed without FoH's donations.

While it is great to loyally support Ann I'd rather we didn't understate FoH and fans' contributions.

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

We have a loan facility to cover any shortfall. If needed, this would avoid the need to go cap in hand to the fans yet again. Viewed by the Board as much better than 500 Club and Debenture schemes. 

As I said if better value great. It would still in your terms be "deferred debt". Or more simply "debt".

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
10 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Not in my book but I appreciate that some would have him on the front of that particular grid too.

Fair enough mate, it's what makes football great, we see the same thing but see it differently. 

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Quote of the year from  Hendricks - ‘there is no endless negativity from me’   

You clearly don’t read  your own posts after typing them. 

I make no apologies for the truth sometimes hurting. If you want to continue to close your eyes to the blatantly obvious then bash on. I'll continue to say my piece and be proven correct :thumbsup:  

Just as well some of us have a more ambitious view of where Hearts should be as a club given our potential in Scotland. Taking through twice the support Motherwell could muster and again seeing Levein fail badly on Sunday should have been yet another wake up call for supporters like you but nah, next season, next window blah blah blah. Fortunately the masses are aging growing restless at the sheer incompetence we are witnessing on a regular basis. 8 wins in 25 league games for Levein and another dismal cup exit is easily enough of a sample size to see that he is going to do diddly squat. And now we are faced with yet another complete overhaul this summer. Haud me back.

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, Hendricks said:

Levein as DoF clearly signed off on any and all contracts. Not even worth debating if you can’t or won’t accept that basic point. He is categorically more to blame for the make up of the squad, the huge waste of money we’ve seen on recruitment and the huge job again awaiting him (or better still a fresh head coach) to rebuild the entire first team squad this summer than any other individual. And it isn't even close.. 

Imagine the seethe if Big Bad LEEVIN had vetoed Robbie and or Cathro's targets?

Wasn't aware we were taking about incoming transfer fees but certainly it’s a relief that we were able to find a couple of players to sell even if only one (Sow) was not only a cost covering exercise. Ever thought we might not have needed to sell if not requiring to cover for several epic mistakes?! The change of manager has brought a very short term approach to stabilizing things. There is a massive recruitment required this summer one that would have been made easier by making the cup semi and/or final and seeing bums on seats the rest of the season and an appetite for significant ST renewals. The cup is gone and none of the rest is likely and again that falls on those leading the football side of the club. Systematic and continual failure. 

Your solution is.....

42 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Then he's picking the team! Damned if you do, damned if you don't. :rolleyes:

54 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

I make no apologies for the truth sometimes hurting. If you want to continue to close your eyes to the blatantly obvious then bash on. I'll continue to say my piece and be proven correct :thumbsup:  

Just as well some of us have a more ambitious view of where Hearts should be as a club given our potential in Scotland. Taking through twice the support Motherwell could muster and again seeing Levein fail badly on Sunday should have been yet another wake up call for supporters like you but nah, next season, next window blah blah blah. Fortunately the masses are aging growing restless at the sheer incompetence we are witnessing on a regular basis. 8 wins in 25 league games for Levein and another dismal cup exit is easily enough of a sample size to see that he is going to do diddly squat. And now we are faced with yet another complete overhaul this summer. Haud me back.

I think you mean

Just as well some of us have a more ambitious view of where we would like Hearts to be

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

I think you mean

Just as well some of us have a more ambitious view of where we would like Hearts to be

Nope. I know exactly what I mean although I accept you probably feel that where we are is Aok given your expectations and standards.

4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Your solution is.....

Employ people who know what they are doing and not out of self interest and preservation. Hearts should not be beholden to one individual and have handed over the power we have to one person in overseeing the entire football operation as well as having a seat on the board. The conflict of interests is a complete disgrace and anyone with any business background or nous would acknowledge that. 

2 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Employ people who know what they are doing and not out of self interest and preservation. Hearts should not be beholden to one individual and have handed over the power we have to one person in overseeing the entire football operation as well as having a seat on the board. The conflict of interests is a complete disgrace and anyone with any business background or nous would acknowledge that. 

That's your view which IMO renders it totally worthless.

When Mrs B bought the club she, on her own admission, knew little about football administration etc.  She decided to appoint CL whom she (obviously) trusted to act in her stead and this he has done pretty well overall although results now are not what we would not want.  In short he is acting as would an owner but on her behalf.

Mrs B has shown herself in the past to be a shrewd businesswoman and success is what she deals in.  I am sure she will be monitoring things closely to ensure we do not go completely off the rails.  She will appreciate that CL cannot control injuries and will accept he is working on a limited budget, after all she decreed what that should be.

I now ask myself.  Should I trust Mrs B's judgment or a self-appointed critic like your good self?  The answer I'm afraid is not in your favour.

2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I'd love to see the stats between Levein and Clarke since both took over. 

What's their wage budget, what is ours?

Where were they in the table and where were we?

How many players they signed in January compared with ourselves. 

And how they've managed to do better in the league and cup?

It is worrying, Friday may compound our misery or make things more optimistic but I find it a bit ridiculous how Killie were much worse off than we were and somehow are now better than us in what I am assuming is a slightly shorter period of time. 

Try having a look at Clarke's previous managerial record.

He has certainly done well in the short period he has been there but has been fired twice and not promoted from asst manager at Villa when Di Matteo was emptied.  Not saying he's a bad manager but I suggest you wait a reasonable period before you start shouting the odds re Clarke.

41 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That's your view which IMO renders it totally worthless.

When Mrs B bought the club she, on her own admission, knew little about football administration etc.  She decided to appoint CL whom she (obviously) trusted to act in her stead and this he has done pretty well overall although results now are not what we would not want.  In short he is acting as would an owner but on her behalf.

Mrs B has shown herself in the past to be a shrewd businesswoman and success is what she deals in.  I am sure she will be monitoring things closely to ensure we do not go completely off the rails.  She will appreciate that CL cannot control injuries and will accept he is working on a limited budget, after all she decreed what that should be.

I now ask myself.  Should I trust Mrs B's judgment or a self-appointed critic like your good self?  The answer I'm afraid is not in your favour.

I never mentioned Ann Budge. My entire point was with regards Craig Levein. You bash on though, I honestly couldn't give a shiney shite what you think about anything as you are so rarely proven correct and are simply an apologist for ongoing mistakes and total mediocrity. 

Edited by Hendricks

Cruyff Turn
9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Try having a look at Clarke's previous managerial record.

He has certainly done well in the short period he has been there but has been fired twice and not promoted from asst manager at Villa when Di Matteo was emptied.  Not saying he's a bad manager but I suggest you wait a reasonable period before you start shouting the odds re Clarke.

Of course but what does that say about CL then? If you are suggesting that this is some sort of short lived turnaround at Killie. 

9 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

I never mentioned Ann Budge. My entire point was with regards Craig Levein. You bash on though, I honestly couldn't give a shiney shite what you think about anything as you are so rarely proven correct and are simply an apologist for ongoing mistakes and total mediocrity. 

I didn't say you mentioned Ann Budge.

I said she appointed CL to act in her stead.  In short, what he does is tantamount to what an owner would do and an owner would be beholding to anyone.  Live with it.

13 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Of course but what does that say about CL then? If you are suggesting that this is some sort of short lived turnaround at Killie. 

I'm suggesting we wait and see whether it is short lived or sustainable.  Time will tell.

Everything that glitters is not gold.

9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I didn't say you mentioned Ann Budge.

I said she appointed CL to act in her stead.  In short, what he does is tantamount to what an owner would do and an owner would be beholding to anyone.  Live with it.

Craig Levein has nothing on his CV to have been handed the power he has been at a club of Hearts relative stature. Not a thing. So whether you like it or not I'll continue to point out the completely inadequate way the football side of our first team operations have been run and the lack of acceptable results. 8 wins in 25 league games this season is abject as is the total of 26 goals in those games. Those are facts, live with it!

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Craig Levein has nothing on his CV to have been handed the power he has been at a club of Hearts relative stature. Not a thing. So whether you like it or not I'll continue to point out the completely inadequate way the football side of our first team operations have been run and the lack of acceptable results. 8 wins in 25 league games this season is abject as is the total of 26 goals in those games. Those are facts, live with it!

Former Hearts player, former Scotland player, Former Hearts Manager, former Scotland manager, former manager in England...his cv is pretty decent and does suggest significant experience. Sacked from some of these I grant you but not many managers never get sacked. 

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Former Hearts player, former Scotland player, Former Hearts Manager, former Scotland manager, former manager in England...his cv is pretty decent and does suggest significant experience. Sacked from some of these I grant you but not many managers never get sacked. 

I never said he never had a cv that justified him getting another shot in a dugout, even though he didn't want one - a fairly salient point don't you think??!!!  I said he had nothing that stands out as justification to giving him the keys to all the power at a club of Hearts size  e.g. he's won absolutely jack shit anywhere he's ever been. People like Bobby Williamson, Alex Miller, Tommy Wright, John Hughes, Alan Stubbs and Jim McIntyre (to name a few off the top of my head) have all won silverware but ooor Craig hasn't got close as his cup record is testament to. Sunday was the latest failure in that regard and it was oh so predictable. We will never win anything with him at the helm of the club as he simply doesn't have the mentality to succeed when it matters. His propensity for a caution first approach will see us muddle along until inevitably enough of the support want him out.

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

I never said he never had a cv that justified him getting another shot in a dugout, even though he didn't want one - a fairly salient point don't you think??!!!  I said he had nothing that stands out as justification to giving him the keys to all the power at a club of Hearts size  e.g. he's won absolutely jack shit anywhere he's ever been. People like Bobby Williamson, Alex Miller, Tommy Wright, John Hughes, Alan Stubbs and Jim McIntyre (to name a few off the top of my head) have all won silverware but ooor Craig hasn't got close as his cup record is testament to. Sunday was the latest failure in that regard and it was oh so predictable. We will never win anything with him at the helm of the club as he simply doesn't have the mentality to succeed when it matters. His propensity for a caution first approach will see us muddle along until inevitably enough of the support want him out.

Alex MacDonald never won anything either, does that make him a poorer manager than the guys on your list? 

9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Alex MacDonald never won anything either, does that make him a poorer manager than the guys on your list? 

He did however win a shit load as a player and as far as I’m aware wasn’t allowed to have the run of the place by Mr Mercer in the way Budge has allowed Levein to oversee the entire club! His efforts at Tynecastle under significantly worse conditions than Levein has to endure and the way his sides performed on our behalf should be an example to Levein given he was a part of them but his personality simply won’t allow it! Comparing the way MacDonald built his side and the way we attacked teams in comparison to Levein’s is chalk and cheese. 

My list of managers above is not me saying they are all better than Levein but that they have had success which continues to allude him, in my opinion largely because he is too negative and way too arrogant to change his methods. He is underachieving given our resources and is not even getting the best out of an all be if limited squad just now. My faith in him has eroded away despite my significant previous backing of him and supporting him even when he was also failing with Scotland. It’s clear to me he will never succeed at Hearts and we will go through the motions with the odd highlight whilst he remains in charge. 

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

He did however win a shit load as a player and as far as I’m aware wasn’t allowed to have the run of the place by Mr Mercer in the way Budge has allowed Levein to oversee the entire club! His efforts at Tynecastle under significantly worse conditions than Levein has to endure and the way his sides performed on our behalf should be an example to Levein given he was a part of them but his personality simply won’t allow it! Comparing the way MacDonald built his side and the way we attacked teams in comparison to Levein’s is chalk and cheese. 

My list of managers above is not me saying they are all better than Levein but that they have had success which continues to allude him, in my opinion largely because he is too negative and way too arrogant to change his methods. He is underachieving given our resources and is not even getting the best out of an all be if limited squad just now. My faith in him has eroded away despite my significant previous backing of him and supporting him even when he was also failing with Scotland. It’s clear to me he will never succeed at Hearts and we will go through the motions with the odd highlight whilst he remains in charge. 

He won a shitoad as a player with Rangers, as most do who play for the old firm

Levein never moved there, or down south, probably because of his injury issues but at his best he could have easily played for trophy wining teams.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

And above average intelligence in the ‘football world’, probably upper quartile!

in Craig I trust!

21 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He won a shitoad as a player with Rangers, as most do who play for the old firm

Levein never moved there, or down south, probably because of his injury issues but at his best he could have easily played for trophy wining teams.

Agree with you entirely re his playing days. One of the most disappointing things I’ve ever witnessed as a Hearts fan was him reinjuring the knee against Rangers. A tragedy for him personally and is given his outstanding qualities. My opinion of him as a player is not in question. 

But this isn’t about that as you know. The clock is ticking on Levein and whilst I firmly believe and actually accept he will get the summer he needs to pick things up massively for him not to be under significant and deserved pressure by the end of 2018. No shockers in the league cup are acceptable this year regardless of how many new players we again are bedding in. And he needs to be winning way more than 1 in 3 in the league. Budge can’t afford to do nothing should we start another season in a shambolic state. 

Edited by Hendricks

5 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

And above average intelligence in the ‘football world’, probably upper quartile!

in Craig I trust!

Way higher than upper quartile in my view. Not doubting his intelligence or IQ one bit. Problem is that doesn’t necessarily help you win football matches! It could be argued Levein’s football brain actually complicates things unnecessarily. Thus the tinkering in tactics, formation, the team sheet week to week, total lack of continuity and an overly defensive/cautious approach to away matches. He needs to simplify everything and get the team playing with far more channeled aggression, pace, tempo and desire on way more occasions than he does. There are examples of that happening but so few and far between. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Hendricks said:

the position he held at Dundee United was not that dissimilar including being on the board. That club was a poisoned chalice which had chewed up and spat out a number of promising managers before levein overhauled the full football department to great effect

we're not doing great because the squad in certain areas is poor and there's only so much papering over the cracks a good manager can do

why's the squad in a mess - probably because levein allowed numpties like neilson and Cathro to make key decisions - levein is culpable for that decision (and his boot room concept) but I think there's evidence to suggest that levein will improve the squad for example since those two previous dicks were emptied we've signed McLaughlin Mitchell milinky naismith - the first 2 being absolutely key positions which everyone wanted sorted - we don't have the right squad yet and not the right depth hence no back-up left back (yet)

as as for not winning anything as been discussed levein could have easily got a move to Rangers at the end of his career and played 2 or 3 games as per snakey at Celtic, contributed nothing fundamental but became a 'winner'

that was dross on Sunday he deserves criticism for that but unfortunately I don't think there's much between the teams - that needs to change next season

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

when you say he hasn't got close - didn't he take Dundee Utd to a final albeit losing narrowly to Rangers and wasn't he in charge for the bulk of the cup run when Dundee Utd won the Scottish cup ?

so he didn't win either (other debate) but that sounds like quite close to me

14 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

when you say he hasn't got close - didn't he take Dundee Utd to a final albeit losing narrowly to Rangers and wasn't he in charge for the bulk of the cup run when Dundee Utd won the Scottish cup ?

so he didn't win either (other debate) but that sounds like quite close to me

He left Dundee Utd in December 2009 before they had played any Scottish cup tie that season. Peter Houston oversaw their entire Scottish Cup run. 

You are correct he took them to the League Cup Final where they lost to Rangers. That is certainly as close as he has ever come to a major trophy. The less said about his cup record in either tenure whilst involved at Hearts the better. For those unclear, its absolutely dire and he can't even point to being unlucky with the draws. He's only had to face Rangers and Celtic one a piece (of course both losses!) but has led us to cup defeats to Ross County,  ICT,  Falkirk,  Dundee and now Motherwell twice! If that is evidence of failure I don't know what is.

Edited by Hendricks

merseyjambo

Let’s not kid ourselves that the football we have played other than maybe a handful of games has been sparkling or scintillating. It has been turgid dire eye bleeding safety first football for the most part.

The biggest thing I can say about the ‘unbeaten run’ is how many of those games has it been said that we had McLaughlin to thank for keeping us in those games. It wasn’t our attacking prowess that got us something from those games it was a goalkeeper. A goalkeeper when you read his interviews suggest that we haven’t offered him a better or longer term contract than he is currently on. His words. 

There is no doubt he’ll still be in charge next season but yet again we are faced with a major rebuild. I fully expect another season of safety first football. Why. 2 reasons. It’s his style of play. He rarely plays any other way and also due to the footballing rebuild, we will lack a continuity that other teams like Aberdeen and Hibs have by enlarge with their first team. They have a formation and they seem to have a settled team that plays week in week out. We don’t and while we are appearing to rebuild every transfer window, we go further and further away from playing anything like a settled team. 

We we have the 4th biggest budget in the division and 3rd biggest support and with our financial situation should be in a place where we have a settled squad and only need to make a couple of changes to improve it. Instead we are looking again at requiring at least 5 or 6 first team starters plus another couple of squad players so anyone who thinks that our recruitment since returning to SPL has been good is deluded. 

We’re not going to win the league. We don’t have the spending power to do that so our only shot at success is a cup competition. Sunday was a prime example of negative thinking for 45 minutes from a football manager. If we had gone in at the break 3 down I don’t think we’d have had any complaints. A shot at silverware and more importantly a welcome financial boost from the pooled money at the last 4 stage and he blew it. His tactics blew it. 

He has to get recruitment right in the rebuild this summer. He has now overseen 3 or 4 windows where we have got it wrong and ended up signing dross. He was better in the last one but the of the players signed the majority are stop gap measures and unlikely to be with us permanently. We can’t continue like this. We need to build a team, something we appear to have been incapable of doing in the last 4 years. For that I do blame CL and wonder what sort of scouting system we actually have or was implemented when he took over the DOF role. How were players identified. What due diligence was done on them. What questions were asked when someone approached and said, here’s a great left back or centre forward. Why we didn’t scour the uk for players. Josh Windass is an example of knowing the English game. They have another player, striker called Kayden Jackson who when I’ve seen him think he’d make a good player in Scotland. Have we ever watched players or do we just look at video reels.

I can understand why people want him out but I can also see why people want him to stay. His CV as a player was unlucky as he is one of the classiest players I’ve seen in a maroon jersey. His partnership with Sandy Jardine is without doubt one of the finest defensive ball playing pairings I’ve seen in Scottish football. His CV as a manager leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion. Did a decent job with us previously but inherited a reasonable squad. Bombed at Championship Leicester. Did well at Dundee United then flunked as national manager. 

I want the the club to succeed so by default that means that the manager has to succeed but there is little to suggest that he has it in him as a manager to be that success.

Who would I want in charge. If I was looking in Scotland, I’d probably say Hopkin at Livi. Has been responsible for bringing that club up the divisions and is in with a decent shot at getting them promoted. Play some decent football and considering where they were when he got the job and the financial restrictions they have, he’s performed a minor miracle. I would love to see Hearts think outside the box.

I’m more than happy for CL to stay at club involved in the running of the academy and the producing of players from it, but I’m yet to be convinced that he is the right man for the first team and would like to see some separation from his role as DOF and first team affairs

He left Dundee Utd in December 2009 before they had played any Scottish cup tie that season. Peter Houston oversaw their entire Scottish Cup run. 

You are correct he took them to the League Cup Final where they lost to Rangers. That is certainly as close as he has ever come to a major trophy. The less said about his cup record in either tenure whilst involved at Hearts the better. For those unclear, its absolutely dire and he can't even point to being unlucky with the draws. He's only had to face Rangers and Celtic one a piece (of course both losses!) but has led us to cup defeats to Ross County,  ICT,  Falkirk,  Dundee and now Motherwell twice! If that is evidence of failure I don't know what is.

Hendricks, do you remember the way you acted in the wake of the win over Celtic? You had been spouting all this similar crap then too, then you disappeared for a bit, and when you came back, you did nothing but whinge about Hearts supporters turning on Hearts supporters. You whined about how sad it was that after a victory all some people wanted to do was ‘get it up’ fellow Hearts fans.

You should have a wee look back at your comments on this thread in the last couple of weeks to see why that happened. You pass off your own opinion and predictions as stone cold facts and then use them as a stick to beat Levein. Your posts are littered with inaccuracies and wee twists on the facts, but you fire so many of them out, many are not even picked up.

When/if Levein turns this around again, these posts will be quoted and brought up again. What will you do when that happens? I suspect you will do the same as last time and whine and greet about Hearts fans turning on Hearts fans. 

It’s the same old routine over and over again and it’s as tedious as it predictable. Sad really, because you are desperate to push your agenda, despite it being almost entirely based on your opinion and predictions. The level of arrogance that is required to push an agenda that would cause that much upheaval, based on your own flawed logic and agenda is quite incredible really.

Still, now I suppose I’m rounding on fellow Hearts fans amirite? :lol:

12 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Hendricks, do you remember the way you acted in the wake of the win over Celtic? You had been spouting all this similar crap then too, then you disappeared for a bit, and when you came back, you did nothing but whinge about Hearts supporters turning on Hearts supporters. You whined about how sad it was that after a victory all some people wanted to do was ‘get it up’ fellow Hearts fans.

You should have a wee look back at your comments on this thread in the last couple of weeks to see why that happened. You pass off your own opinion and predictions as stone cold facts and then use them as a stick to beat Levein. Your posts are littered with inaccuracies and wee twists on the facts, but you fire so many of them out, many are not even picked up.

When/if Levein turns this around again, these posts will be quoted and brought up again. What will you do when that happens? I suspect you will do the same as last time and whine and greet about Hearts fans turning on Hearts fans. 

It’s the same old routine over and over again and it’s as tedious as it predictable. Sad really, because you are desperate to push your agenda, despite it being almost entirely based on your opinion and predictions. The level of arrogance that is required to push an agenda that would cause that much upheaval, based on your own flawed logic and agenda is quite incredible really.

Still, now I suppose I’m rounding on fellow Hearts fans amirite? :lol:

As usual you are talking out of your rear end but it’s what you do best! Barely a grain of truth in anything you’ve said but I appreciate the time you’ve spent on it! Lol. You clearly have me mixed up with someone else! I praised the win against Celtic as soon as I was in a position to but unlike the numpties who thought we were the best thing since sliced bread cautioned it was a one off random result and performance. That’s been proven entirely correct! It’s actuslly the likes of you who are reactionary to one off results like he Celtic game, I’m far more able to look at the bigger picture and we’ve been largely gash for a couple of years. As the leader of all our footballing operations the buck stops with Craig Levein and unless he pulls the finger out soon he will have a significant percentage of the support wanting him binned completely. Entirely justifiably too. 

For the record I think you are completely clueless when it comes to Hearts and football in general, you should pay more attention you’d maybe learn a thing or two! 

Edited by Hendricks

7 hours ago, Hendricks said:

As an outsider, Hearts aren't great at the moment, but before Levein took over in the manager's seat, they were one of the worst Hearts teams I had ever seen.  One transfer window was never going to sort things out and to be honest, I think the current manager has worked wonders with what he has got.  If he had a limitless budget, then maybe you fans could have expected more with that one window.  I do take that he had responsibility making and supporting the previous incumbent, but that is a different issue to sitting in the manager's chair. 

1 hour ago, merseyjambo said:

Let’s not kid ourselves that the football we have played other than maybe a handful of games has been sparkling or scintillating. It has been turgid dire eye bleeding safety first football for the most part.

The biggest thing I can say about the ‘unbeaten run’ is how many of those games has it been said that we had McLaughlin to thank for keeping us in those games. It wasn’t our attacking prowess that got us something from those games it was a goalkeeper. A goalkeeper when you read his interviews suggest that we haven’t offered him a better or longer term contract than he is currently on. His words. 

There is no doubt he’ll still be in charge next season but yet again we are faced with a major rebuild. I fully expect another season of safety first football. Why. 2 reasons. It’s his style of play. He rarely plays any other way and also due to the footballing rebuild, we will lack a continuity that other teams like Aberdeen and Hibs have by enlarge with their first team. They have a formation and they seem to have a settled team that plays week in week out. We don’t and while we are appearing to rebuild every transfer window, we go further and further away from playing anything like a settled team. 

We we have the 4th biggest budget in the division and 3rd biggest support and with our financial situation should be in a place where we have a settled squad and only need to make a couple of changes to improve it. Instead we are looking again at requiring at least 5 or 6 first team starters plus another couple of squad players so anyone who thinks that our recruitment since returning to SPL has been good is deluded. 

We’re not going to win the league. We don’t have the spending power to do that so our only shot at success is a cup competition. Sunday was a prime example of negative thinking for 45 minutes from a football manager. If we had gone in at the break 3 down I don’t think we’d have had any complaints. A shot at silverware and more importantly a welcome financial boost from the pooled money at the last 4 stage and he blew it. His tactics blew it. 

He has to get recruitment right in the rebuild this summer. He has now overseen 3 or 4 windows where we have got it wrong and ended up signing dross. He was better in the last one but the of the players signed the majority are stop gap measures and unlikely to be with us permanently. We can’t continue like this. We need to build a team, something we appear to have been incapable of doing in the last 4 years. For that I do blame CL and wonder what sort of scouting system we actually have or was implemented when he took over the DOF role. How were players identified. What due diligence was done on them. What questions were asked when someone approached and said, here’s a great left back or centre forward. Why we didn’t scour the uk for players. Josh Windass is an example of knowing the English game. They have another player, striker called Kayden Jackson who when I’ve seen him think he’d make a good player in Scotland. Have we ever watched players or do we just look at video reels.

I can understand why people want him out but I can also see why people want him to stay. His CV as a player was unlucky as he is one of the classiest players I’ve seen in a maroon jersey. His partnership with Sandy Jardine is without doubt one of the finest defensive ball playing pairings I’ve seen in Scottish football. His CV as a manager leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion. Did a decent job with us previously but inherited a reasonable squad. Bombed at Championship Leicester. Did well at Dundee United then flunked as national manager. 

I want the the club to succeed so by default that means that the manager has to succeed but there is little to suggest that he has it in him as a manager to be that success.

Who would I want in charge. If I was looking in Scotland, I’d probably say Hopkin at Livi. Has been responsible for bringing that club up the divisions and is in with a decent shot at getting them promoted. Play some decent football and considering where they were when he got the job and the financial restrictions they have, he’s performed a minor miracle. I would love to see Hearts think outside the box.

I’m more than happy for CL to stay at club involved in the running of the academy and the producing of players from it, but I’m yet to be convinced that he is the right man for the first team and would like to see some separation from his role as DOF and first team affairs

Another fabulous post. If Ann Budge read this it would really have her thinking along the right lines.

8 minutes ago, ray- said:

As an outsider, Hearts aren't great at the moment, but before Levein took over in the manager's seat, they were one of the worst Hearts teams I had ever seen.  One transfer window was never going to sort things out and to be honest, I think the current manager has worked wonders with what he has got.  If he had a limitless budget, then maybe you fans could have expected more with that one window.  I do take that he had responsibility making and supporting the previous incumbent, but that is a different issue to sitting in the manager's chair. 

“Worked wonders”....he’s won 8 SPL games in 25 with us scoring 26 goals ffs. Honestly the level of acceptance and expectation really is at rock bottom. We took nearly 5000 through to Motherwell a club with a fraction of our budget, resources and support and allowed them to bully us and dominate us like it didn’t matter a jot. They deservedly won. Another defeat to a much smaller club on the Levein cup cv! No wonder the board at Hearts feel they can get away with this half assed bullshit setup, half our support zip up the back! 

Edited by Hendricks

i wish jj was my dad
5 hours ago, Hendricks said:

Step away from the keyboard.

1 minute ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Step away from the keyboard.

Oh here we go, another one along to share his great wisdom! What do you think Levein has done so successfully in his managerial career to be in charge of ALL footballing operations at a club of Hearts size and stature. Including being forced back into the first team dugout even though he was not remotely interested in the position previous to his horrendously unsuccessful appointment of his prodigy?! I can’t wait to hear this....

Geoff the Mince
47 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

As usual you are talking out of your rear end but it’s what you do best! Barely a grain of truth in anything you’ve said but I appreciate the time you’ve spent on it! Lol. You clearly have me mixed up with someone else! I praised the win against Celtic as soon as I was in a position to but unlike the numpties who thought we were the best thing since sliced bread cautioned it was a one off random result and performance. That’s been proven entirely correct! It’s actuslly the likes of you who are reactionary to one off results like he Celtic game, I’m far more able to look at the bigger picture and we’ve been largely gash for a couple of years. As the leader of all our footballing operations the buck stops with Craig Levein and unless he pulls the finger out soon he will have a significant percentage of the support wanting him binned completely. Entirely justifiably too. 

For the record I think you are completely clueless when it comes to Hearts and football in general, you should pay more attention you’d maybe learn a thing or two! 

Well said ,. Especially the last part  ?

45 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

“Worked wonders”....he’s won 8 SPL games in 25 with us scoring 26 goals ffs. Honestly the level of acceptance and expectation really is at rock bottom. We took nearly 5000 through to Motherwell a club with a fraction of our budget, resources and support and allowed them to bully us and dominate us like it didn’t matter a jot. They deservedly won. Another defeat to a much smaller club on the Levein cup cv! No wonder the board at Hearts feel they can get away with this half assed bullshit setup, half our support zip up the back! 

You're up early in New York :lol: 

Your agenda is boring now against Levein. 

8 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I didn't say £7.5m. I said 50% of funding so far. If it hadn't been for FoH's donation of £3.8m BEFORE it began making its direct contribution of £3m the £3m "club reserves" would simply not have existed. FoH has (or will within a month or two) have contributed as a gift £6m towards the new stand or at least 50% of what has been raised to date. That doesn't include fan donations under other fund raising initiatives. Of course other income contributed to working capital but the SURPLUS (or "club reserves") available for funding the new stand of £3m (before FoH's direct contribution) would simply not have existed without FoH's donations.

While it is great to loyally support Ann I'd rather we didn't understate FoH and fans' contributions.

When did FoH get approval to donate £6m to the new stand?  When did they raise the funds?

FoH’s total amount raised to date is just about £7m. You are suggesting almost all of the money raised to date  has gone to the stand development??  That’s just nonsense. I’m out of this discussion until you do some research on what has been going  9NH with FoH money since pledging began. 

8 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

As I said if better value great. It would still in your terms be "deferred debt". Or more simply "debt".

Not my term, someone else’s. Making it up again! I dont believe we will have to use the facility unless it’s for player purchases. I suspect  there’s more to come from our mystery benefactors. 

8 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Or even passed notes to them from  the stand 

9 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

You're up early in New York :lol: 

Your agenda is boring now against Levein. 

Absolutely no agenda against Levein. Simply stating facts. If you’ve got any better argument I’m all ears but claiming I’ve an agenda is simply lame and not even accurate! 

I’m on the west coast this week but appreciate the concern for my sleep pattern! 

4 hours ago, Hendricks said:

Agree with you entirely re his playing days. One of the most disappointing things I’ve ever witnessed as a Hearts fan was him reinjuring the knee against Rangers. A tragedy for him personally and is given his outstanding qualities. My opinion of him as a player is not in question. 

But this isn’t about that as you know. The clock is ticking on Levein and whilst I firmly believe and actually accept he will get the summer he needs to pick things up massively for him not to be under significant and deserved pressure by the end of 2018. No shockers in the league cup are acceptable this year regardless of how many new players we again are bedding in. And he needs to be winning way more than 1 in 3 in the league. Budge can’t afford to do nothing should we start another season in a shambolic state. 

So, based on your second paragraph you  accept he is getting the summer and he needs to pick things up by the end of the year. Here is a novel idea. Why don’t you now get behind the Hearts manager and encourage everyone else to do the same to give him as much support as possible to be successful?

Or will you just  continually beat  him up on here multiple times per day as per recent months? 

1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

Absolutely no agenda against Levein. Simply stating facts. If you’ve got any better argument I’m all ears but claiming I’ve an agenda is simply lame and not even accurate! 

I’m on the west coast this week but appreciate the concern for my sleep pattern! 

Inaccuracies that you post as facts. 

I dont really know what your point is. You state he needs to go then contradict yourself in your next post. 

:laugh: he is completely clueless . 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

So, based on your second paragraph you  accept he is getting the summer and he needs to pick things up by the end of the year. Here is a novel idea. Why don’t you now get behind the Hearts manager and encourage everyone else to do the same to give him as much support as possible to be successful?

Or will you just  continually beat  him up on here multiple times per day as per recent months? 

No I won’t blindly support Craig Levein I’ll judge him on what he does this summer and on results. He’ll get credit as he always does when it’s deserved and I’ll question him if he continues the piss poor efforts of this season. I have very little confidence he’ll manage to perform the necessary surgery on the squad to make us a team capable of challenging for 3rd next season and I won’t be interested in further excuses about players needing sons of time to bed in! It’s unacceptable that we are hearing that shite summer after summer. It’s up to him to build a team that has some continuity and can win far more regularly at SPL level. Given our budget and resources we should be comfortably in the top 3rd of the league next season. Anything less is further failure. 

3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Inaccuracies that you post as facts. 

I dont really know what your point is. You state he needs to go then contradict yourself in your next post. 

Lol. What?!! 

He’s won 8 SPL games out of 25... FACT!

We have scored 26 goals in the 25 games... FACT! 

**** all inaccurate about those stats. 

I also have stated I know he will be in the dugout next season (he’s no choice whether he likes it or not!) but that we’d be far better off with a fresh approach to things for the first team. Totally different to what you are wrongly claiming I said, quelle surprise! 

• cosanostra locked this topic