Levein is not the answer ( merged )

Hood09

8 minutes ago, ISMAparty said:

More important things than football ? Hope you enjoy watching it in the house. :thumbsup:

Indeed. Cheers. ?

HHGH

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• soonbe110

• Hendricks

• Escobar PHM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

So Hearts fans who have concerns about the manager and his style of football are arseholes???

I’ve seen much worse teams and players than we have at the moment. When you watch a team with guys like Denny, Strickland, More and McShane in it, then you’ll know what suffering really is.

it doesn’t detract from the fact that we are playing turgid, dire football. We bring in Naismith who everyone thought would be a standout as a striker but we play him in midfield. We bring in wingers, and yet they’re on the bench more often than not. 

That shows that as a fan I have right to have concerns about the football being played.

Stats don’t lie

We have

Scored 29 goals in 29 league games

Scored more than one goal on 5 occasions in 29 league games - 4 v Celtic, 3 & 2 at Hamilton, 2 in Dingwall and 2 at home v Dundee. 13 goals in 5 games. Which means 16 goals in the remaining 24.

We have won 9 games out of 29 in the league

if you want to knock off the first 4 games because CL wasn’t in charge

Its 8 wins in 25

26 goals in 25 games

No matter how you look at it, those stats are extremely worrying. For a team that has the 4th biggest budget in the league with 2 guys who should be scoring for fun in this league, it tells me that we play with a safety first tactic. We’d rather draw than lose. I’d rather win 6 and lose 6 than draw 12. For one it gives you more points and it shows you have a positive approach to a game. 

I thought after the Celtic win and the decent performance against Dundee the midweek after, that we would kick on, show our intent and go after teams. We have the talent to do it yet instead we go back to the same uninspiring and defensively minded football. 

Will I take a boring 1-0 win against them tonight. Yes I would and would be happy with the result. However, it still doesn’t alter my view that with the players we have at our disposal, we should be playing better football than we are. We should be playing football not a containment game. 

If we get beat or hammered tonight, am I going to throw my toys out the pram and turn my back on the team, no. I don’t think any Hearts fan would but for fans to call other fans arseholes because they are unhapppy with how the team are playing is pathetic.

The one thing that still annoys is that on Sunday we had the chance to get a trip to Hampden and with the draw it could possibly have been two and the chance to make some serious coin from it to help with the playing budget or pitch fund for next season yet we blew it through safety first tactics in the first half because it’s how he sets up. Second half when we gave it a go we were the much better team and probably deserved a replay. If we had gone at them from the start, we’d have won that tie hands down.

Goals win games and we don’t score enough of them. The stats don’t lie and the stats we have show we are a defensively minded team. 

You’d be absolutely strolling poster of the week. Several corkers! Show more knowledge than the apologists, excuse makers and windae lickers combined! Total simpletons who are mind blowingly clueless about professional football. 

Anyhoo, let’s see how tonight goes, hope the lads are sent out in a manner that does the traveling support justice unlike last weekend’s abysmal efforts. If everyone plays well and we get the rub of the green...

5 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

So Hearts fans who have concerns about the manager and his style of football are arseholes???

I’ve seen much worse teams and players than we have at the moment. When you watch a team with guys like Denny, Strickland, More and McShane in it, then you’ll know what suffering really is.

it doesn’t detract from the fact that we are playing turgid, dire football. We bring in Naismith who everyone thought would be a standout as a striker but we play him in midfield. We bring in wingers, and yet they’re on the bench more often than not. 

That shows that as a fan I have right to have concerns about the football being played.

Stats don’t lie

We have

Scored more than one goal on 5 occasions in 29 league games - 4 v Celtic, 3 & 2 at Hamilton, 2 in Dingwall and 2 at home v Dundee. 13 goals in 5 games. Which means 16 goals in the remaining 24.

Its 8 wins in 25

26 goals in 25 games

No matter how you look at it, those stats are extremely worrying. For a team that has the 4th biggest budget in the league with 2 guys who should be scoring for fun in this league, it tells me that we play with a safety first tactic. We’d rather draw than lose. I’d rather win 6 and lose 6 than draw 12. For one it gives you more points and it shows you have a positive approach to a game. 

I thought after the Celtic win and the decent performance against Dundee the midweek after, that we would kick on, show our intent and go after teams. We have the talent to do it yet instead we go back to the same uninspiring and defensively minded football. 

Will I take a boring 1-0 win against them tonight. Yes I would and would be happy with the result. However, it still doesn’t alter my view that with the players we have at our disposal, we should be playing better football than we are. We should be playing football not a containment game. 

If we get beat or hammered tonight, am I going to throw my toys out the pram and turn my back on the team, no. I don’t think any Hearts fan would but for fans to call other fans arseholes because they are unhapppy with how the team are playing is pathetic.

The one thing that still annoys is that on Sunday we had the chance to get a trip to Hampden and with the draw it could possibly have been two and the chance to make some serious coin from it to help with the playing budget or pitch fund for next season yet we blew it through safety first tactics in the first half because it’s how he sets up. Second half when we gave it a go we were the much better team and probably deserved a replay. If we had gone at them from the start, we’d have won that tie hands down.

Goals win games and we don’t score enough of them. The stats don’t lie and the stats we have show we are a defensively minded team. 

Exactly how most fans are feeling -  will support the team 100% and really want Levein to do well.

Safety first football isn’t what we want though it’s dull, boring and so frustrating to watch... many games this year we’ve been playing poorer quality sides and opted to defend rather than attack. The two wingers on the bench with a back 5 - without attacking fullbacks was and is criminal

Edited by jambomjm74
Mistake

I'm predicting this thread is going to be on fire around 9:30 pm tonight given our team line up . 

:worried: 

not a JKB image, but should be.

:sob:

We've not played particularly poorly. Dare I say it but youth is becoming an issue. Too many youngsters in the team is hindering our competitive edge.

Hopefully next season we can get some more experience in the team, keep Adao and actually give the fans a season worth the money they pay. 

4 minutes ago, OTT said:

We've not played particularly poorly. Dare I say it but youth is becoming an issue. Too many youngsters in the team is hindering our competitive edge.

Hopefully next season we can get some more experience in the team, keep Adao and actually give the fans a season worth the money they pay. 

We haven’t had a shot on target in 2 1/2 hours of league football against this very mediocre Hibernian side.

2nd to every ball. Extremely poor first touch. Terrible passing, barely able to find a player in maroon. Poor decision making when we do get into good positions. 

Something needs to change. Unfortunately it's not going to be till the end of the season. And because of this we could easily see ourselves in the bottom 6.

12 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

We haven’t had a shot on target in 2 1/2 hours of league football against this very mediocre Hibernian side.

I'm sick of this. Hearts are absolutely horrific to watch. We started out okay but we're just not clinical enough in front of goal and even then we don't create chances. Its ****ing brutal. The wages on some of those players is criminal, Lafferty, Naismith and Berra must be on at least double the average wage (outside the OF) within the league. Its just not good enough. 

I think we need to be very careful Levein doesn't become too big to fail within the club and he's in a Wenger like position where fan pressure means nothing. That said, I still want to see how the summer goes. 

So negative. Coming round to the fact we just won't ever score goals or play nice, attacking football under Levein. Do the right thing, Ann. Do the right thing.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Levein could very well be on the start of a Cathro esque run. He has to pull the finger out !!! 

Armadale Jambo

Getting boring now.  1 good game versus Celtic doesn’t define a season.  Ta ta levein. 

A_A wehatethehibs
6 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

aye hibs are

?

We’re about to go without beating them in a league season for the first time since probably 1972 or whenever it was - we’ll not get another crack this season as we’ll be bottom 6

4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

He is damaging the important parts of the club....the 1st team and the fans.

Only the element we could do without. People like you.

SpruceBringsteen

Another 90 minute administration of football propofol.

Wake me up for the next dose, Dr Levein.

Zzzzzzzzzz.

siegementality

29 league goals and dire football. The thread title is correct. 

The Comedian

Levein to slither back up the stair to make sure some no mark like Daly plays shite football, makes the mistakes he would make and gets the pelters for him. 

Comically, this will happen.

:rofl:

Class of 75

Generally disgusted with this display against Hibs. Why are we as Hearts fans putting up with this? No midfield and nothing up front. How can a club the size of Hearts only have one left back who is then injured and they have no cover? This is not going to improve with Levein nor will it be solved in one Summer transfer window. To be 12 points behind Hibs shows how far we have fallen and how much damage has been done to the club in the last 2 seasons. We are a shambles and bottom 6 beckons.

WalterWhite

What a  with his Natrual order pish. Was always going to come back to haunt him.  The football is horrible to watch.  Levein OUT!

Edited by WalterWhite

Get him, and those who defend him to ****. 

His is whole tenure since our promotion has been abysmal. Watching Hearts has become a chore. Absolute dread going into every derby because you know we’re going to get beasted 9 times out of 10. Pathetic stuff. 

Move along move along. Nothing to see here. We are going places. Improving all the time, more windows needed, more more loans, blah blah blah .....:facepalm: 

WAKE THE **** UP!!!  We have a serial loser in the dugout. I’d hazard  a guess in our entire history we’ve never gone 2 league games running against Hibs not having a shot on target. 3 ****ing hours of football. This guy is taking us nowhere, he’s incapable of real success. He’s building **** all other than a cushty pension for himself. The mama an arrogant arse whose won sod all in his entire career. Budge is a total disgrace for giving him the power she has and it will end up hurting her legacy too which will be a damn shame but no one individual is bigger than our magnificent football club. Get this loser to **** and start a fresh. 

ScottieMac17

What about the players? Gutless performance... continual bad decisions. Not saying Levein not utter balls but I think he is the scapegoat to a lot of poor attitudes and performances from most of the squad

Chuck Berry
8 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

Stats don’t lie

We have

Its 8 wins in 25

26 goals in 25 games

Nailed it.  Good luck with ST sales and filling the new stand if this clown is still in charge. Turgid doesn't even cover it.

ford donald
Just now, Chuck Berry said:

Nailed it.  Good luck with ST sales and filling the new stand if this clown is still in charge. Turgid doesn't even cover it.

For all the CL supporters gtf.

As one of his biggest fans I now have to say that maybe just maybe he does need to walk....

First time ive been on this thread as I am a Levein advocate but im scunnered...

We all put our heart soul and money like few others into this club and since we came back up the football has been shyte....we dont look to attack or threaten....

Ill struggle to muster going along for rest of season as whats the point?

Life as a Jambo for 3 years has been awful.....truly awful....

ford donald
On 28/10/2017 at 16:06, Hood09 said:

Just back from the game and I am disgusted with that performance. The fact levein didn’t change it in the second half for ages when it was clearly going one way tells me he has lost it. Cochrane had a mare and these games are too big for him. We need to manage him carefully and it’s unfair throwing him in like this.  Callachan was shocking and the jury is well and truly out on him, his second touch is a tackle on most cases. 

Gonacalves and lafferty just don’t seem to work for me. We need someone with pace upfront to compliment lafferty I would bench goncalves for a good couple of weeks to get his hunger back.  

As for the back I think soutter needs to move into midfield just now as he is the only one who can put his foot on the ball and find a pass.  Get Hughes back and if not stick Novak in. 

At the back the real problem is the fullbacks firstly at left back we don’t have one... someone needs their jotters for that alone. On the right I am sorry to say but Smith is too powder puff. The amount of times he shit a challenge today was enough to get him binned.  

Levein and his cronies are the issue here for me they are hopeless.  They have over saw a recruitment period which is the worse in my 20 odd years of going to games time to man up and get someone properly in. I hope budge inserted a try before you buy close in that contract as it’s time to return....

And for all the CL and Cathro supportes...gtf.

ford donald
On 28/10/2017 at 16:06, Hood09 said:

Just back from the game and I am disgusted with that performance. The fact levein didn’t change it in the second half for ages when it was clearly going one way tells me he has lost it. Cochrane had a mare and these games are too big for him. We need to manage him carefully and it’s unfair throwing him in like this.  Callachan was shocking and the jury is well and truly out on him, his second touch is a tackle on most cases. 

Gonacalves and lafferty just don’t seem to work for me. We need someone with pace upfront to compliment lafferty I would bench goncalves for a good couple of weeks to get his hunger back.  

As for the back I think soutter needs to move into midfield just now as he is the only one who can put his foot on the ball and find a pass.  Get Hughes back and if not stick Novak in. 

At the back the real problem is the fullbacks firstly at left back we don’t have one... someone needs their jotters for that alone. On the right I am sorry to say but Smith is too powder puff. The amount of times he shit a challenge today was enough to get him binned.  

Levein and his cronies are the issue here for me they are hopeless.  They have over saw a recruitment period which is the worse in my 20 odd years of going to games time to man up and get someone properly in. I hope budge inserted a try before you buy close in that contract as it’s time to return....

And for all the CL and Cathro supportes...gtf.

2 hours ago, ramrod said:

I'm predicting this thread is going to be on fire around 9:30 pm tonight given our team line up . 

You got that one right 

waynefozzie

I'm shifting to the Levein oot camp, and no just cause of tonight. Since we've got promoted we've had 3 managers, about 300 players, and we've had the same problems. In football, courage doesn't only mean diving into challenges - it means trusting yourself to find a bit of space, to look for a forward pass, to resist the *****bag option. And for three years I've watched performance after performance defined by a lack of confidence on the ball. We've blamed the players and changed them and changed them and changed them. We've blamed the managers. We've even blamed the fans (who were superb tonight). Sooner or later you have to look at the one constant who has been in charge of the football operation throughout this period. 

5 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

As one of his biggest fans I now have to say that maybe just maybe he does need to walk....

First time ive been on this thread as I am a Levein advocate but im scunnered...

We all put our heart soul and money like few others into this club and since we came back up the football has been shyte....we dont look to attack or threaten....

Ill struggle to muster going along for rest of season as whats the point?

Life as a Jambo for 3 years has been awful.....truly awful....

With you, he needs to take a step back and look at himself. I do not want him to have another transfer window 

Randy Marsh

Had enough of him now.  Was willing to give him the summer and start of next season but not now.  There is no sign of progress.  I would rather have Gary Locke in charge.  That's how bad its got.

We are absolutely mince. Have no attacking threat what so ever. If Lafferty doesn’t perform then we ain’t scoring.

I would be delighted if Levein was sacked tonight but it ain’t going to happen!

Thought Police

Came back to bite him big time, and the sad thing was it was predictable.

Zero quality going forward.

• cosanostra locked this topic