• Thomaso

• soonbe110

• Hendricks

• Escobar PHM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

I for one, have nothing to learn from a guy who's first act after a derby cup victory was to get in amongst fellow fans who raised perfectly legitimate concerns over 2 months ago. Concerns that, we almost universally agree, have more or less been addressed and very nearly sorted.

10 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

They weren't perfectly legitimate. Much of it was completely irrational, unfounded, angry, drivel.

Pretty much somes it up.

Maybe learn not to be so reactive and emotional and look at the bigger picture.

26 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Yes I've noticed that - very limited vocabulary obviously.  ;)

You really are being silly. You have just posted four or five times about the ‘disgrace’ of someone using the word cancer and  now you are making petty, personal comments about someone’s grammar/vocabulary/education.  Take a look at yourself. We can’t all be Einstein or Shakespeare. 

11 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

You really believe that expressing football opinions on a fans forum could undermine the Club?  Really???

I don’t have any doubts that comments on here undermined Robbie when manager and look what happened after he left. So yes I believe comments on here, if there are enough of them and they are vitriolic, can undermine the club. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Since Budge/Levein came in We have never had a stated transfer policy of only signing young players with a sell-on value. Sorry but you may think that you read/heard that but if you had listened to the man in charge when he  came in he was very clear what the player strategy was and it’s not what you say. 

At his first AGM he was pretty clear that the aim was to get to a position where we had 5 or 6 coming through from the academy each year. Add to that 5 or 6 experienced pro’s together with 5 or 6 ‘special’ players and that’s the first team squad. Said it would take a few years though because of the weakness in the academy hence the famous’five year plan’. 

At the moment I’d say he is on course to bring it to fruition. 

It was the stated policy at the start of Levein's reign as D of F that we would have a policy of signing young players with a sell on value.  Neilson also stated that there was much better value buying abroad as the UK market was expensive.

I acknowledge Levein has now changed this policy with the likes of Berra, McLaughlan, Lafferty and Naismith - that was my point.  We are now signing UK based players of experience and known quality, to add to the wealth of young talent CL is bringing through.

The basis of the '5 year plan' has changed from what was stated at the start of the Budge era.   We are now seeing huge improvement in the team from the Cathro disaster and I am right on board with what is now happening at the Club.

On 02/11/2017 at 23:19, Smithee said:

I'm not so sure.

'Cathro is gone but the '' big plan '' is still very much in place' - yet only this week Isma's been in the papers taking about the differences in playing style and training.

I agree that he'll stand or fall by what happens next of course, but I don't think this is a continuation of the Cathro era. Craig's got his own way of doing things, the players are adjusting, a fair few are injured, and I'm sure we're all desperately hoping it'll come together at tynecastle.

Things take time  

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You really are being silly. You have just posted four or five times about the ‘disgrace’ of someone using the word cancer and  now you are making petty, personal comments about someone’s grammar/vocabulary/education.  Take a look at yourself. We can’t all be Einstein or Shakespeare. 

Take a look at the childish personal post from Oliver. He dishes it out, he gets it back.

I know I should be above all that but Hey Ho!  Apologies.

Words don't lie. They are all for everyone to see right here on this very thread. You cant take them back now. The back tracking and excuse making does not make up for what was said on this thread and others. 

It is BLATANTLY obvious that some (not all) were deliberately shit stirring. They know who they are and are now feeling incredibly stupid.

Just now, Thomaso said:

It was the stated policy at the start of Levein's reign as D of F that we would have a policy of signing young players with a sell on value.  Neilson also stated that there was much better value buying abroad as the UK market was expensive.

I acknowledge Levein has now changed this policy with the likes of Berra, McLaughlan, Lafferty and Naismith - that was my point.  We are now signing UK based players of experience and known quality, to add to the wealth of young talent CL is bringing through.

The basis of the '5 year plan' has changed from what was stated at the start of the Budge era.   We are now seeing huge improvement in the team from the Cathro disaster and I am right on board with what is now happening at the Club.

It wasn’t. Just keep on making it up though. I listened to Levein going to great lengths re player strategy at the first AGM. I believe my own ears before I believe your words. Developing players and selling may be an element of that strategy but it wasn’t the strategy. 

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Yep, me too !

And that applies to anyone else i know in "real life" who expressed severe doubts over Levein.

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Disagree. What we are seeing at the moment is ver6 close to what Levein said he wanted to do. Cathro messed it up for a while but it’s back on track now. 

I don’t have any doubts that comments on here undermined Robbie when manager and look what happened after he left. So yes I believe comments on here, if there are enough of them and they are vitriolic, can undermine the club. 

How do they 'undermine' the club, exactly?

I think you are confusing JKB for another Hearts message board.

This is JKB we are talking about here - a fraction of Hearts support actively post on here!  I have met Robbie Neilson on a few occasions and he is one tough focussed guy who would not give a toss about fans letting off steam on a fans forum.

The same goes for Ann Budge and Craig Levein.

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yep, me too !

And that applies to anyone else i know in "real life" who expressed severe doubts over Levein.

Small circle you have. Vast majority of Hearts were delighted when Levein returned as manager. They knew he would deliver and looks like he just might. 

Just now, Thomaso said:

This is JKB we are talking about here - a fraction of Hearts support actively post on here!  I have met Robbie Neilson on a few occasions and he is one tough focussed guy who would not give a toss about fans letting off steam on a fans forum.

The same goes for Ann Budge and Craig Levein.

That’s conjecture. Ask him today. Just been hounded out by the fans again. And that’s despite working for a chairman who is known in football for giving his managers time to succeed. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Small circle you have. Vast majority of Hearts were delighted when Levein returned as manager. They knew he would deliver and looks like he just might. 

I meant the ones who criticised Levein.

I'm not sure the vast majority were 'delighted'. The vast majority were delighted Cathro got booted, mind.

i wish jj was my dad
11 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

You really believe that expressing football opinions on a fans forum could undermine the Club?  Really???

Expressing opinions, no. Spreading unrest, bad mouthing the club and feeding the agendas of the likes of Mikey Stewart at every opportunity, yes. The shit about Levein the dictator, CP not being allowed to cross the halfway line and lies about JW being offered peanuts are the sort of examples that fall into that category. And while this probably wasn't about a personal dislike one princess has conducted a one man campaign to talk the club down and issue dire warnings about our fate if we didn't beat the shite.

That all went beyond legitimate and justifiable criticism IMO. As i said, no need to apologise but when you are in a hole stop digging. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

That’s conjecture. Ask him today. Just been hounded out by the fans again. And that’s despite working for a chairman who is known in football for giving his managers time to succeed. 

How was he hounded out by MK Dons fans?

6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Take a look at the childish personal post from Oliver. He dishes it out, he gets it back.

I know I should be above all that but Hey Ho!  Apologies.

Perfect whataboutery. You should be a Celtic fan. 

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It wasn’t. Just keep on making it up though. I listened to Levein going to great lengths re player strategy at the first AGM. I believe my own ears before I believe your words. Developing players and selling may be an element of that strategy but it wasn’t the strategy. 

I'm making nothing up.  It was stated at the start of the Levein D of F era that we had a policy of buying young players with a sell on value, and that they were buying players from abroad rather than the UK as they got better value.

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

How was he hounded out by MK Dons fans?

Fans have been protesting against him for three or four months. Crowds dwindling. Just  take a look at a couple of their forums from November and December. 

8 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

Words don't lie. They are all for everyone to see right here on this very thread. You cant take them back now. The back tracking and excuse making does not make up for what was said on this thread and others. 

It is BLATANTLY obvious that some (not all) were deliberately shit stirring. They know who they are and are now feeling incredibly stupid.

I don't feel "incredibly stupid" - I am incredibly delighted that we pumped Hibs out of the Cup!

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Fans have been protesting against him for three or four months. Crowds dwindling. Just  take a look at a couple of their forums from November and December. 

I think crowds dwindling and poor results influence the owner much more than message boards. Considering what abuse the owner has received in the past, i doubt he cares too much about message boards.

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

And your scenario is not conjecture???  

7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I meant the ones who criticised Levein.

I'm not sure the vast majority were 'delighted'. The vast majority were delighted Cathro got booted, mind.

This!

Bazzas right boot

Happy clapper, head in sand, Clueless, loser mentality I think we're the common ones used by most folk. All used when some defended Hearts and cl.

The club was going to be in a relegation battle.....

Cl was clueless, no fire, no bottle ,a loser, couldn't spot a player in a Barca/ real game.

All this said by Heart's fans about other Hearts fans, the club, players and manager.

Now that you have been proven wrong, he good thing is too say, "oops, i Was so wrong, I couldn't have been any more wrong if I was doing an opposite day and was trying to be right

We then move on.

But, no. Some are defending Their position of the past, some of which was just emotional hatred and bull shit with little or no substance.

Give yourself a break.

Just now, Thomaso said:

I'm making nothing up.  It was stated at the start of the Levein D of F era that we had a policy of buying young players with a sell on value, and that they were buying players from abroad rather than the UK as they got better value.

That may have been a single part of the strategy but I doubt it. 

I said he mentioned three parts of the squad. Academy players, 5-6 coming through each season but it would take time. 42 months later we have Cochrane,Brandon,McDonald, et al making the breakthrough this season. Expect at least six academy kids to get full time contracts this summer. Almost there. Experienced pro’s, Berra, Cowie, Hughes,Lafferty, Naismith, McLaughlin - done.

’Special’ players- last piece of the jigsaw and with the stand about to start generating incremental revenue, FoH contributions continuing and unplanned cup windfalls happening this should start soon probably this summer if not this month. 

Its pretty clear that he has been working to the original plan with one major hiccup. Sorry if you can’t or won’t see it. 

Spent too much time on this thread already 

7 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Expressing opinions, no. Spreading unrest, bad mouthing the club and feeding the agendas of the likes of Mikey Stewart at every opportunity, yes. The shit about Levein the dictator, CP not being allowed to cross the halfway line and lies about JW being offered peanuts are the sort of examples that fall into that category. And while this probably wasn't about a personal dislike one princess has conducted a one man campaign to talk the club down and issue dire warnings about our fate if we didn't beat the shite.

That all went beyond legitimate and justifiable criticism IMO. As i said, no need to apologise but when you are in a hole stop digging. 

Apologise for what?

All you have said does not change the fact that fans letting of steam on a fans forum that represents a tiny minority of Hearts support will not undermine the Club - Budge and Levein are too strong minded for that to happen.

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

And your scenario is not conjecture???  

Straight from the horses mouth. How can it be conjecture unless he just made it up and lied to 400+ shareholders. 

10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Perfect whataboutery. You should be a Celtic fan. 

The ultimate insult! :vrface:

Pleased to say I was one of the happy people when CL got the gig, we will have off days make no mistake but we can still improve, really looking forward to rest of season and seeing how far up we can finish. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Straight from the horses mouth. How can it be conjecture unless he just made it up and lied to 400+ shareholders. 

Sorry I'm confused - we are talking about Neilson allegedly leaving Hearts because of abuse on JKB?  Did he state this at a Shareholders meeting?

8 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Happy clapper, head in sand, Clueless, loser mentality I think we're the common ones used by most folk. All used when some defended Hearts and cl.

The club was going to be in a relegation battle.....

Cl was clueless, no fire, no bottle ,a loser, couldn't spot a player in a Barca/ real game.

All this said by Heart's fans about other Hearts fans, the club, players and manager.

Now that you have been proven wrong, he good thing is too say, "oops, i Was so wrong, I couldn't have been any more wrong if I was doing an opposite day and was trying to be right

We then move on.

But, no. Some are defending Their position of the past, some of which was just emotional hatred and bull shit with little or no substance.

Give yourself a break.

Happy to move on Tosh - however some on here could not wait to hit the key board after the Derby win to start the debate all over again.

9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That may have been a single part of the strategy but I doubt it. 

I said he mentioned three parts of the squad. Academy players, 5-6 coming through each season but it would take time. 42 months later we have Cochrane,Brandon,McDonald, et al making the breakthrough this season. Expect at least six academy kids to get full time contracts this summer. Almost there. Experienced pro’s, Berra, Cowie, Hughes,Lafferty, Naismith, McLaughlin - done.

’Special’ players- last piece of the jigsaw and with the stand about to start generating incremental revenue, FoH contributions continuing and unplanned cup windfalls happening this should start soon probably this summer if not this month. 

Its pretty clear that he has been working to the original plan with one major hiccup. Sorry if you can’t or won’t see it. 

Spent too much time on this thread already 

Fine - however we got to this point I am delighted as a PHM to see that our team is moving in the right direction. 

Happy to give CL a big gold star for that!

33 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He was doing an unarguably shite job apart from the honeymoon period where he got a 'new manager lift'. In any club in the country where the manager is doing as poorly as Neilson was, fan pressure gets them out sooner or later, usually sooner.

Being 'hounded out' by the fan base when your doing a good job is almost unheard of

Being 'hounded out' by the fan base when youre doing a shite job is inevitable

Edited by Escobar PHM

23 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Sorry I'm confused - we are talking about Neilson allegedly leaving Hearts because of abuse on JKB?  Did he state this at a Shareholders meeting?

No we were debating Leveins strategy.  

12 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

He was doing an unarguably shite job apart from the honeymoon period where he got a 'new manager lift'. In any club in the country where the manager is doing as poorly as Neilson was, fan pressure gets them out sooner or later, usually sooner.

Being 'hounded out' by the fan base when your doing a good job is almost unheard of

Being 'hounded out' by the fan base when youre doing a shite job is inevitable

We had fans flying a plane over the stadium when we were second or third in the league. Have you forgotten that? That’s a league position we have yet to return to. 

9 minutes ago, Spencer said:

I know 

Pathetic really 

WOOF! WOOF!  :dog:

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

We had fans flying a plane over the stadium when we were second or third in the league. Have you forgotten that? That’s a league position we have yet to return to. 

I think you're directing this at the wrong people.

The people behind that were largely known, and did not post on this particular board.

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No we were debating Leveins strategy.  

No mate - check the thread - I was talking about the theory by another poster that Neilson left because of comments on JKB.

I've got no issue debating the merits of the team, management or board so long as it's a constructive opinion that's fine. We all have our own views.  Based purely on his record as a manager and in particular his time as our manager I backed Levien to the hilt. I'm not going to gloat about it. It was my view at the time and remains so that I think he's a brilliant appointment and the very person we needed in charge.

What I can't stand is when there's a clear agenda behind someone's views. Mikey Stewarts views on CL are totally irrelevant now given they are based on his personal dislike of him and that clouds any impartial view on the football/job.

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That incident was totally unrelated to comments on Neilson on JKB.

2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I've got no issue debating the merits of the team, management or board so long as it's a constructive opinion that's fine. We all have our own views.  Based purely on his record as a manager and in particular his time as our manager I backed Levien to the hilt. I'm not going to gloat about it. It was my view at the time and remains so that I think he's a brilliant appointment and the very person we needed in charge.

What I can't stand is when there's a clear agenda behind someone's views. Mikey Stewarts views on CL are totally irrelevant now given they are based on his personal dislike of him and that clouds any impartial view on the football/job.

Any credibility that Stewart may have had is blown away by his pettiness.

i wish jj was my dad
28 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Apologise for what?

All you have said does not change the fact that fans letting of steam on a fans forum that represents a tiny minority of Hearts support will not undermine the Club - Budge and Levein are too strong minded for that to happen.

It wasn't 'letting off steam' though.  The JW stuff were blatant lies and the Levein the Dictator was deliberately misrepresenting what was happening.  When Mikey Stewart and the redtops start seizing on the pish people spout on here it then can be accepted as fact.  I experienced a real example of that last summer when two of my cousins and their auld man, relatively fair weather fans, decided to stop going because of some of the shite spouted on here about Levein being a puppet master.  And I don't doubt that others did the same. That cost the club money and it almost certainly came about from Mikey Stewart and BT creating a story about Levein after reading some of the shite on here.   

The irony was that it wasn't true and the thing he genuinely should have been criticised for was not exerting more influence on Cathro.

4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Any credibility that Stewart may have had is blown away by his pettiness.

Yip. And there's been a few on here who fall into the same category.

i wish jj was my dad
39 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Going to bump the billy davis was right thread as well. Utter arseholes

Christ.  I forgot about that!

Geoff the Mince
53 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Lol hounded out by fans again !! He got sacked as they were in the relegation places ffs .

3 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

It wasn't 'letting off steam' though.  The JW stuff were blatant lies and the Levein the Dictator was deliberately misrepresenting what was happening.  When Mikey Stewart and the redtops start seizing on the pish people spout on here it then can be accepted as fact.  I experienced a real example of that last summer when two of my cousins and their auld man, relatively fair weather fans, decided to stop going because of some of the shite spouted on here about Levein being a puppet master.  And I don't doubt that others did the same. That cost the club money and it almost certainly came about from Mikey Stewart and BT creating a story about Levein after reading some of the shite on here.   

The irony was that it wasn't true and the thing he genuinely should have been criticised for was not exerting more influence on Cathro.

You can't be serious. People gave up going to Tynie because of what was written on JKB. Ive heard it all now. 

• cosanostra locked this topic