Levein is not the answer ( merged )

Hood09

20 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Unbelievable isn't it. Progress has been made and it is rightly being acknowledged 

Prior to that there was evident regression on the park and recruitment was very poor. 

Thankfully recent recruitment has been materially improved. I stated elsewhere that McLaughlin, Berra, Lafferty and Naismith are probably the best signings made by any club in Scotland this season 

I think Levein and Budge deserve huge credit for that 

What more does he want me to say!! 

I dunno about you, but the first thing i think of after a momentous victory is that i want to log on to JKB and dig out some dirt to have a go at fellow fans.

Makes you wonder what their agenda is...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• soonbe110

• Hendricks

• Escobar PHM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was one thing having reservations about Levein but some of the utter hate-filled garbage spouted about him was well over the top and deserves to be ridiculed.

9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I dunno about you, but the first thing i think of after a momentous victory is that i want to log on to JKB and dig out some dirt to have a go at fellow fans.

Funny I thought exactly the same myself.  

Things are going in the right direction and that is readily acknowledged. Things weren't previously and as such criticism was justified imo 

10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

The agenda is to make the melodramatic, inflammatory, serial moaners who spread negativity around like a cancer to look foolish, in the hope that they might learn a lesson from the experience.

Wishful thinking I know.

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yup sad isn't it - one poster on here never actually posts anything constructive regarding his opinion on football issues - all you get from him is personal petty digs. Pretty pathetic actually. 

Any way back to what is important - that fantastic win yesterday.  I have not posted before now as I have been digesting another massive slice of humble pie!!  ;)

All credit to Craig Levein who has now turned the Cathro ship that was heading for the rocks!  We now have an experienced Manager in place, and we have scrapped our previously stated transfer policy of only signing young players with a sell on value.

The signings of Berra, Lafferty and now Naismith are fantastic, so a massive well done to CL (and AB) for that.  There is no doubt CL has instilled passion and commitment into the team, and his development of young players is something we can view with pride.

I was back on board the CL train after the Celtic game - I have a feeling it could be taking us to Hampden this year!

5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

The agenda is to make the melodramatic, inflammatory, serial moaners who spread negativity around like a cancer to look foolish, in the hope that they might learn a lesson from the experience.

Wishful thinking I know.

That's poor Ray.

No, posters continually having ill-informed, hate-fuelled digs at a Hearts legend only a few months into his second stint as manager was poor.

This is justified.

7 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Wishful thinking I know.

Desperately poor taste 

The 1st thing I did after the monumentous victory was head to the nearest boozer. The evidence suggests I did however read this thread when I got home and after reading it again this morning I feel no sadness or shame calling out the moon howling wallopers who've made a right arse of themselves and incidently are continuing to do so.

:rofl:

8 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

No, posters continually having ill-informed, hate-fuelled digs at a Hearts legend only a few months into his second stint as manager was poor.

This is justified.

Using "Cancer" as a term to have a pop at fellow Hearts fans who had different football opinions is never justified.

4 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

The 1st thing I did after the monumentous victory was head to the nearest boozer. The evidence suggests I did however read this thread when I got home and after reading it again this morning I feel no sadness or shame calling out the moon howling wallopers who've made a right arse of themselves and incidently are continuing to do so.

:rofl:

Bully for you!

Just now, Oliver Twist said:

I rest my case.

I wish!

I just put guys like you in the same category as the spraffing Hibs fans in my office - nothing constructive to say and best ignored.

4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Using "Cancer" as a term to have a pop at fellow Hearts fans who had different football opinions is never justified.

Feel free to interchange the word with a more palatable disease of your choosing.

Just now, Ray Gin said:

Feel free to interchange the word with a more palatable disease of your choosing.

Disgusting.

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

I wish!

I just put guys like you in the same category as the spraffing Hibs fans in my office - nothing constructive to say and best ignored.

Your not doing a very good job with the ignoring.

Disgusting.

For what it's worth you'll note I'm calling the negativity a disease, not the actual posters themselves, and I stand by the comment.

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

For what it's worth you'll note I'm calling the negativity a disease, not the actual posters themselves, and I stand by the comment.

Using the word "cancer" to make a point on football is in very poor taste. End of.

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Using the word "cancer" to make a point on football is in very poor taste. End of.

Bollocks it is mate, it's a perfectly descriptive word for the situation, you're over reacting. 

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Bollocks it is mate, it's a perfectly descriptive word for the situation, you're over reacting. 

After losing my Father and Brother to cancer it is not "bollocks" to me!

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He's attempting to get the thread shut down and filed in the never to be seen again bin. Can't blame him tbh.

He's having and absolute mare, embarrassing really.

Edited by Oliver Twist

Just now, Thomaso said:

I've lost family to it too, it's still a term that's in common use in this type of situation

8 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

CL has responded well to the pressures of having a contract now and being directly responsible for results on the park.:thumbsup:

...........and back to the thread.

I lost my Gran to cancer too. It changes nothing to the word's use in this context.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I think demanding apologies and using words like cancer on a football message board is the absolute epitome of over-reacting

I was wrong about Levein. I was right about Cathro. I am enjoying it at the moment and i am also sure there will be a time, further down the road, where criticism is justified, but i hope that day is a long way away.

But...it's all just hot air on a message board to help the day go quicker. There is no influence or power on here, and none of us are involved in making decisions at the club, so chill.

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think demanding apologies and using words like cancer on a football message board is the absolute epitome of over-reacting

I was wrong about Levein. I was right about Cathro. I am enjoying it at the moment and i am also sure there will be a time, further down the road, where criticism is justified, but i hope that day is a long way away.

But...it's all just hot air on a message board to help the day go quicker. There is no influence or power on here, and none of us are involved in making decisions at the club, so chill.

I say again, there's nothing wrong with using the word cancer, it's clear what the guy was saying, it's a word that's used frequently in non disease circumstances. I'm sorry the other guy's experienced loss but that doesn't mean using the term is out of order, it just doesn't. 

Edited by Smithee

Voice of reason
3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

You should look up the definition of cancer in a dictionary. One of the word’s definitions is based on ‘cancerous’ people in society or organisations etc. It’s used by prime ministers, presidents and politicians world-wide. It’s not taboo to use it in the context shown here. You are straw-clutching to try and score points in my opinion and it only makes you look bad.

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

For the record I did not demand "apologies".

Totally agree with the rest of your post though.

Just now, Voice of reason said:

You should look up the definition of cancer in a dictionary. One of the word’s definitions is based on ‘cancerous’ people in society or organisations etc. It’s used by prime ministers, presidents and politicians world-wide. It’s not taboo to use it in the context shown here. You are straw-clutching to try and score points in my opinion and it only makes you look bad.

Point scoring?  Please!!

2 minutes ago, Spencer said:

It's You're :thumbsup:

Not too bright is he.  ;)

1 hour ago, Spencer said:

Unbelievable isn't it. Progress has been made and it is rightly being acknowledged 

Prior to that there was evident regression on the park and recruitment was very poor. 

Thankfully recent recruitment has been materially improved. I stated elsewhere that McLaughlin, Berra, Lafferty and Naismith are probably the best signings made by any club in Scotland this season 

I think Levein and Budge deserve huge credit for that 

What more does he want me to say!! 

I think only a public hanging will satisfy the baying mob Spence.....;)

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Doesn't appear to be. 

Continually bangs on about people "howling at the moon" 

Each to their own I guess 

Just glad we have what seems like the old Craig back. Fire in his belly. Probably it was always there but being behind the scenes it wasn't as visible.

I think his time as Scotland manager makes people forget the great work he done at DUFC. 

Anyway he's done a superb job so far. He knew exactly what was required and done this starting from the back . 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

I thought I he same after a poor result.

The last thing I thought of was to criticise and Berat the team and question everything from top to bottom and want the manger removed and in doing so attacking  fellow Hearts fans for supporting the team through a tough time for believing in what we were doing.

Nothing wrong with questioning when things are going poorly, Portobello lad showed how to do that.

The way some folk attack posters on here and cl was ott.

It's not what you say, it's the way that you say it.

I was ripped a new one for standing by cl and claiming we'd go unbeaten in December.

Some of it personal.

No harm in saying, "aye telt ya so".?

1 minute ago, Spencer said:

Doesn't appear to be. 

Continually bangs on about people "howling at the moon" 

Each to their own I guess 

Yes I've noticed that - very limited vocabulary obviously.  ;)

I think only a public hanging will satisfy the baying mob Spence.....;)

6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Two of the worst attack dogs attempt to deflect critic's by using  spelling errors.

2 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

I thought I he same after a poor result.

The last thing I thought of was to criticise and Berat the team and question everything from top to bottom and want the manger removed and in doing so attacking  fellow Hearts fans for supporting the team through a tough time for believing in what we were doing.

Nothing wrong with questioning when things are going poorly, Portobello lad showed how to do that.

The way some folk attack posters on here and cl was ott.

It's not what you say, it's the way that you say it.

I was ripped a new one for standing by cl and claiming we'd go unbeaten in December.

Some of it personal.

No harm in saying, "aye telt ya so".?

Tosh - I said at the time I would be delighted if you could come on here and tell us "I TOLD YOU SO"!    :placate:

Are you predicting a SC win??  ;)

2 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Two of the worst attack dogs attempt to deflect critic's by using  spelling errors.

"Attack dogs"!

:laugh:

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Wishful thinking I know.

I for one, have nothing to learn from a guy who's first act after a derby cup victory was to get in amongst fellow fans who raised perfectly legitimate concerns over 2 months ago. Concerns that, we almost universally agree, have more or less been addressed and very nearly sorted.

i wish jj was my dad

If Craig Levein isn't the answer, we're asking the wrong question.

FWIW, there are no needs for apologies but I do agree with the thrust that people were spreading unrest and potentially undermining the club because of a personal dislike of a bona fide Hearts legend.  That stuck right in my craw.

1 hour ago, Spencer said:

Funny I thought exactly the same myself.  

Things are going in the right direction and that is readily acknowledged. Things weren't previously and as such criticism was justified imo 

So they just happened overnight?

Have a word with yourself.

5 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

If Craig Levein isn't the answer, we're asking the wrong question.

FWIW, there are no needs for apologies but I do agree with the thrust that people were spreading unrest and potentially undermining the club because of a personal dislike of a bona fide Hearts legend.  That stuck right in my craw.

You really believe that expressing football opinions on a fans forum could undermine the Club?  Really???

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Tosh - I said at the time I would be delighted if you could come on here and tell us "I TOLD YOU SO"!    :placate:

Are you predicting a SC win??  ;)

Lol.tbf, you did and although you did argue your case you rarely taken it to far, unlike some.

Sc-Not yet, two many variables in the draw.

Fancy us to go through to the next round tho.

7 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

I for one, have nothing to learn from a guy who's first act after a derby cup victory was to get in amongst fellow fans who raised perfectly legitimate concerns over 2 months ago. Concerns that, we almost universally agree, have more or less been addressed and very nearly sorted.

Bang on!

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Yup sad isn't it - one poster on here never actually posts anything constructive regarding his opinion on football issues - all you get from him is personal petty digs. Pretty pathetic actually. 

Any way back to what is important - that fantastic win yesterday.  I have not posted before now as I have been digesting another massive slice of humble pie!!  ;)

All credit to Craig Levein who has now turned the Cathro ship that was heading for the rocks!  We now have an experienced Manager in place, and we have scrapped our previously stated transfer policy of only signing young players with a sell on value.

The signings of Berra, Lafferty and now Naismith are fantastic, so a massive well done to CL (and AB) for that.  There is no doubt CL has instilled passion and commitment into the team, and his development of young players is something we can view with pride.

I was back on board the CL train after the Celtic game - I have a feeling it could be taking us to Hampden this year!

Since Budge/Levein came in We have never had a stated transfer policy of only signing young players with a sell-on value. Sorry but you may think that you read/heard that but if you had listened to the man in charge when he  came in he was very clear what the player strategy was and it’s not what you say. 

At his first AGM he was pretty clear that the aim was to get to a position where we had 5 or 6 coming through from the academy each year. Add to that 5 or 6 experienced pro’s together with 5 or 6 ‘special’ players and that’s the first team squad. Said it would take a few years though because of the weakness in the academy hence the famous’five year plan’. 

At the moment I’d say he is on course to bring it to fruition. 

• cosanostra locked this topic