Levein is not the answer ( merged )

Hood09

41 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

I have no doubt he will still be here over the summer but Levein is just not the answer. 

Negative, dull, boring and has presided over the worst two years of signings in a long time. 

I would happily see Levein gone now. Killie manager has worked wonders, yet we are putting up with school kids and dross. 

Season ticket slump likely unfortunately. 

Get a life 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• soonbe110

• Hendricks

• Escobar PHM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
23 minutes ago, cjay99 said:

Yes, I know mate..

I was obviously just dreaming about an Austin McCann screamer v Celtic to try and boost my spirits

:thumbsup:

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, James1874f said:

Get a life 

Youre argiung with a hard of thinking here. 

1 hour ago, jumpship said:

8Imo Levein is not the right guy to take us forward. 

So it looks like most of us still back Levein.. 

Wonder if that will still be the case come Friday...

Your username is spot on ? Who did you support before we thumped celtic

Even Steven Thompson said before the game Motherwells tactic is to get the ball wide quickly. So rather than play a back 4 we play a back 3 with no full backs. 

41 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It's simply a statement of fact.. I don't care how many ****ing trains you got.. It was a pish performance first half but far better second..  Was it acceptable.. Absolutely no.. But given where we were at the start of the season we have got better.. Absolutely ridiculous to think you could turn that shambles into a great team overnight.. Beyond stupid.. If we don't get better next season I'll be with you.. But we will.. Sick and tired of folk throwing toys out the pram after every pish result..   People looking at Steve Clark.. Yeah to be honest that's a fair shout.. But he will be back in England by June.. So Steve Clark aside.. Who else do we want... 

Billy ******* Davies according to some.

13 minutes ago, graygo said:

No wonder young players are quick to leave clubs like ours for the old firm if that's how they get judged as being losers.

Since Levein made his debut for Hearts in 1983 (35 years ago) the following 15 clubs in Scotland have won one of the 3 major trophies........Levein has won diddly squat. He simply does not have a winners mentality, he does not have the philosophy or the belief to go and attack and try to win. His MO is safety first and a lets not lose first thought process. We will never win a thing with him in charge.

Celtic

Rangers

Hearts

Aberdeen

Hibs 

Dundee Utd

Kilmarnock 

Motherwell

Kilmarnock

ICT

Raith Rovers

Livingston

St Mirren

Ross County

St Johnstone

Edited by Hendricks

5 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Rebuilt it from top to bottom since coming out of admin.

But what has he done lately :sarcasm:

glynnlondon
2 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Since Levein made his debut for Hearts in 1983 (35 years ago) the following 14 clubs in Scotland have won one of the 3 major trophies........Levein has won diddly squat. He simply does not have a winners mentality, he does not have the philosophy or the belief to go and attack and try to win. His MO is safety first and a lets not lose first thought process. We will never win a thing with him in charge.

Celtic

Rangers

Hearts

Aberdeen

Hibs 

Dundee Utd

Kilmarnock 

Motherwell

Kilmarnock

ICT

Raith Rovers

Livingston

St Mirren

Ross County

Perth fermers as well.

We’ll never go anywhere under levein, plod along, steadied the ship. I want Clarke in and levein to leave the club completely. 

Fifth under Cathro

Fifth / possibly sixth under Levein

Its not really tangible improvement is it?

Wheels appear to have fallen off since the St J cup game 

Edited by Gavman81

Just now, Irufushi said:

We’ll never go anywhere under levein, plod along, steadied the ship. I want Clarke in and levein to leave the club completely. 

How much do you think it will cost Hearts to pay off the Team Manager and Director of Football?

Just now, frankblack said:

How much do you think it will cost Hearts to pay off the Team Manager and Director of Football?

How much do you think levein will cost us in season ticket sales ?

Geoff the Mince
1 hour ago, Oliver Twist said:

Sorry!

4b236f1384dd96484b8897b90174cba0.thumb.jpg.561ff0b200c45b22b317a6be954821c5.jpg

That one better ?

?

Cruyff Turn

Obviously we're all disappointed with the result but let's be brutally honest here, we are in no way good enough to win a cup at the moment and would get absolutely horsed by either the OF at Hampden. That's the truth. 

Bit of long term perspective required though, calling for the managers head is absolute nonsense talk. Levein needs the summer and most of next season to rebuild the squad, any other manager would have exactly the same task. 

That said, there are certain things that absolutely must change going forward. The tactics and the general style of football have to be more positive, we have to be much more attacking and commit players into attacking positions if we want to win games. 

If we don't finish in the top 6 there will be obvious doubts about where we are going with this. 

Just now, Gavman81 said:

Fifth under Cathro

Fifth / possibly sixth under Levein

Its not really tangible improvement is it?

Wheels appear to have fallen off since the St J cup game 

Too simplistic look on this.

Cathro came in with us at 2nd by December and we were lucky not to end up bottom six.  I think we were bottom or near as if you started the league when he joined.  Then we had pre season and got humiliated by fishermen and Dunfermline in the League Cup.

We have steadied the ship but need to change personnel to make any improvements.  Remember that we still have Sammon and Martin on the books who are going to be hard to shift.

8 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

How much do you think levein will cost us in season ticket sales ?

How much do you think paying off the DOF and Manager and paying compensation for another manager will leave us for transfers and therefore affect season ticket sales?

Edited by frankblack

Just now, frankblack said:

Cathro came in with us at 2nd by December and we were lucky not to end up bottom six.  I think we were bottom or near as if you started the league when he joined.  Then we had pre season and got humiliated by fishermen and Dunfermline in the League Cup.

We have steadied the ship but need to change personnel to make any improvements.  Remember that we still have Sammon and Martin on the books who are going to be hard to shift.

His negativity has cost us a semi final 

His cup record is an embarrassment 

1 minute ago, Gavman81 said:

His negativity has cost us a semi final 

His cup record is an embarrassment 

I am not totally in disagreement with you - we are all gutted at the result and performance.

Our squad isn't really good enough and it shows that we are desperate to resort to forcing 16 year olds into the first team.

How long has Levein been first team coach? To say he is not the answer is utterly ridiculous. I suspect most of the negative Levein haters are hobbos or have always hated Levein. Just think of the failures we could have had if it was not him.

We stick with him and let us build a team that is his.

3 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

How long has Levein been first team coach? To say he is not the answer is utterly ridiculous. I suspect most of the negative Levein haters are hobbos or have always hated Levein. Just think of the failures we could have had if it was not him.

Do you think he just arrived at Tynecastle late August?

2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Do you think he just arrived at Tynecastle late August?

As first team  coach yes.

Edited by Dannie Boy

Just now, kila said:

I'm not wanting Levein out despite today.

Summer and see where we are at xmas.

He must change his tactics, or nothings gonna change, tbo I DON'T THINK HE'S CAPABLE OF CHANGING TACTICS

MikeySimpson
13 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Signings that he was involved in. Fair enough if he was brand new but he's been behind the scenes for several seasons now, transfer policy is still suspect

8 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Bottom 6 still looms

If we finish 6th having been knocked out of the cup at the quarter-final stage, will that be OK for people?

What if we finish 7th?

School boy errors - that was the name of that game...

Callahan own goal 

Callahan picked ahead of milinkovic

randall at left back ? Smith should have played there

a back 5 - hughes does nothing game in game out - do we really need more than Berra and Souttar?

cochrane needs benched, fantastic prospect 

cowie and bauben - needed to replace cochrane and Naismith (both had died) - particularly as adao couldn’t put in a tackle as booked 

amawanka- why did we sign him ? If he wasn’t fit and it’s March wtf why bother 

Not good enough - school boy stuff 

4 minutes ago, MikeySimpson said:

Signings that he was involved in. Fair enough if he was brand new but he's been behind the scenes for several seasons now, transfer policy is still suspect

Are the signings all his fault or the manager?

How much damage was done to our scouting system under Romanov, and how do you rebuild it??

Edited by frankblack

Can a man change his ways and outlook?

There's no doubting Levein is a solid, SPL manager. 

But I always believe the minute you step in the door of a changing room you go about imposing your will and style on your players.  Managers then don't divert if they think it works and that characteristic shows in the team.

But for me, there has to be moments in a season and even over a longer spell a manager has to recognise where he may be failing. I've stuck up for CL and I like him but admittedly my nag with him is his cautiousness and it totally baffles a lot of Hearts fans as we always wonder what is to fear?

I think a post on another thread sums up Hearts. That we gave no margin for error as we don't have the quality to compensate for set backs...unlike under , say, a Jim Jefferies team where the mentality was to attack and he shaped the team to do so.

Pains me to say it but I can't see us winning anything under CL but we'll become solid enough in the league.

4 minutes ago, rmreido said:

He must change his tactics, or nothings gonna change, tbo I DON'T THINK HE'S CAPABLE OF CHANGING TACTICS

He did for the second half and we played some decent football, largely from Milnkovic's movement and ability to stick the ball to his feet unlike Callachan who he replaced

The first half was really shite, just hoof and no composure or control. But midfield was lacking, we were a man down with Callachan. Levein's fault for picking him and persisting with him.

Judge Fudge
15 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Obviously we're all disappointed with the result but let's be brutally honest here, we are in no way good enough to win a cup at the moment and would get absolutely horsed by either the OF at Hampden. That's the truth. 

Bit of long term perspective required though, calling for the managers head is absolute nonsense talk. Levein needs the summer and most of next season to rebuild the squad, any other manager would have exactly the same task. 

That said, there are certain things that absolutely must change going forward. The tactics and the general style of football have to be more positive, we have to be much more attacking and commit players into attacking positions if we want to win games. 

If we don't finish in the top 6 there will be obvious doubts about where we are going with this. 

Spot on, we perhaps haven't come on as far as we hoped for after replacing Cathro. But we are still night and day to the side that started in the league cup. As for replacing Levein, for every Steve Clarke you have an Owen Coyle. 

18 months of footballing hell- gone from a high scoring fast flowing football style to eye watering mediocrity. Brought to us all by Cathro and Levein. Only a complete tosser would say we are progressing. 

Smith&Weston

McLaughlin, Berra, Souttar, Naismith & Lafferty.  5 really strong players at this level and better than most teams can put on the pitch.  Yet we continue to look sluggish, negative, lack goals from open play and creativity on the ball.

something is not right.

20 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Levein has been manager for 6 months + now and still isn't getting a tune out of these players. The Celtic and Hibs cup game aside. 

Unfair. I would wait until we see what is produced after the summer. I feel sorry for him having to sort out the mess left by Cathro. We have steadied but we are far from the finished article.  

This is all reminds me so much of the witch hunt Tommy Walker had in the sixties. 

3 minutes ago, kila said:

He did for the second half and we played some decent football, largely from Milnkovic's movement and ability to stick the ball to his feet unlike Callachan who he replaced

The first half was really shite, just hoof and no composure or control. But midfield was lacking, we were a man down with Callachan. Levein's fault for picking him and persisting with him.

First half?????piss poor, better 2nd, but not enough imo

27 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I agree with the thread title.

Funny no one was expecting you on this thread ?

4 minutes ago, Prof said:

18 months of footballing hell- gone from a high scoring fast flowing football style to eye watering mediocrity. Brought to us all by Cathro and Levein. Only a complete tosser would say we are progressing. 

U are definately H1b5

3fingersreid
5 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Hardly inspirational when you hear him.

Always think that a team is a reflection of the manager and dour would certainly for us at the minute 

Edited by 3fingersreid

1 hour ago, the_jailer said:

Levein should go back upstairs and we should get Steve Clarke in

Be careful what you wish for and hold your fire a bit longer re Clarke.

That he has turned Killie around is without doubt but many clubs get an initial lift from a new appointment.

He is a highly respected coach, as indeed Cathro was, but he has been sacked twice as a manager.  The test of a good manager is how he deals with things when adversity strikes and that hasn't happened yet during his Killie tenure.  What I can say is I was not overly impressed with what I saw last Tuesday.

I think it would be worth waiting a little longer before going out on a limb.

dhalljambo15

If levein had set up at start of the game like he did 2nd half we would have won that game I have no doubts.

Unfortunately leveins a bottler and he never will when we get it down and pass it about we look like a really good side.

15 minutes ago, James1874f said:

U are definately H1b5

And U are a complete tosser if u think we are doing well. Like a lot of wee boys on this site you spout crap - unlike you I've been watching Hearts since 1961 and we are now back to the 70's . I guess being so young you won't remember then

Edited by Prof

maroonexile
1 hour ago, Space Mackerel said:

delete 

Edited by maroonexile

maroonexile
59 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Aye from top to bottom 6.

That was now years ago.

Judge Fudge
11 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Always think that a team is a reflection of the manager and dour would certainly for us at the minute 

Have to disagree with that. Jim McLean probably the most dour manager ever in Scotland produced a very attractive attacking side. You piss with the ****** you have. Let's give Levein a pre season build and judge him at the end of the year. Or take a gamble on some Johnny come lately who has a wonderful forward thinking philosophy. We've just been there and it wasn't pretty.

• cosanostra locked this topic