Levein is not the answer ( merged )

Hood09

13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

We had fans flying a plane over the stadium when we were second or third in the league. Have you forgotten that? That’s a league position we have yet to return to. 

Fans who, in part, had just been banned from Tynecastle, by all accounts. You cant call half a dozen people 'the fan base' anyway. I don't think 'the fan base' as such were ever in majority favour of hounding Neilson out. No where near it. He wasn't hounded out IMO.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• soonbe110

• Hendricks

• Escobar PHM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

It wasn't 'letting off steam' though.  The JW stuff were blatant lies and the Levein the Dictator was deliberately misrepresenting what was happening.  When Mikey Stewart and the redtops start seizing on the pish people spout on here it then can be accepted as fact.  I experienced a real example of that last summer when two of my cousins and their auld man, relatively fair weather fans, decided to stop going because of some of the shite spouted on here about Levein being a puppet master.  And I don't doubt that others did the same. That cost the club money and it almost certainly came about from Mikey Stewart and BT creating a story about Levein after reading some of the shite on here.   

The irony was that it wasn't true and the thing he genuinely should have been criticised for was not exerting more influence on Cathro.

:qqb006:

i wish jj was my dad
1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

You can't be serious. People gave up going to Tynie because of what was written on JKB. Ive heard it all now. 

That's not what I said.  They stopped going because they didn't like Levein hiding behind Cathro.  Fair weather fans but they stopped.  They have been back since mind.

6 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Yip. And there's been a few on here who fall into the same category.

Indeed - that works on both sides of the fence.

1 minute ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

That's not what I said.  They stopped going because they didn't like Levein hiding behind Cathro.  Fair weather fans but they stopped.  They have been back since mind.

It is what you said.

i wish jj was my dad
Just now, Rudy T said:

It is what you said.

No.  The myth was generated from here and seized upon by Mikey Stewart and BT.  I don't doubt they were connected.

12 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Any credibility that Stewart may have had is blown away by his pettiness.

Any credibility Stewart had was blown away by this

"However we had to put something on the contract as a technicality, so it was a £1-a-week and, without doubt, it was the worst value for money player I have ever had. That is a fact.”

I don't think Stewart has said a public word about Levein since. He got well and truly owned.

3 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Well it is actually. You said they "decided to stop going because of the shite spouted on here"

2 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

No.  The myth was generated from here and seized upon by Mikey Stewart and BT.  I don't doubt they were connected.

So your relatives stopped going because of what Mikey Stewart and BT said?

i wish jj was my dad
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Well it is actually. You said they "decided to stop going because of the shite spouted on here"

Ok.  I take that back then.  I do think there was a link but maybe not as direct as that.

The merits of how fickle fans are is maybe a different argument but I'm absolutely certain that the negativity generated here has had an effect. That was one example that I experienced personally.

7 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

You say yourself they are fair weather fans - that means they only go when we are winning...There are plenty of them around, but why do you link it to JKB? Fair weather fans always need an excuse not to go as they cannot say "Meh, I don't think we'll win so I'm not going"

i wish jj was my dad
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

So your relatives stopped going because of what Mikey Stewart and BT said?

They referred to BT coverage at Pittodrie and Killie.

i wish jj was my dad
Just now, Spellczech said:

You say yourself they are fair weather fans - that means they only go when we are winning...There are plenty of them around, but why do you link it to JKB? Fair weather fans always need an excuse not to go as they cannot say "Meh, I don't think we'll win so I'm not going"

Because I think BT and Mikey Stewart in particular seized on a myth generated here.

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Yip. And there's been a few on here who fall into the same category.

Ooft!!!!!!

1 minute ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Because I think BT and Mikey Stewart in particular seized on a myth generated here.

Probably did, but the real reason people stop going is because we are not winning. Just that nobody admits to that. They'd rather offer up some spurious club politics BS...

i wish jj was my dad
Just now, Spellczech said:

Probably did, but the real reason people stop going is because we are not winning. Just that nobody admits to that. They'd rather offer up some spurious club politics BS...

Possibly, but I took them at face value.

Just now, i wish jj was my dad said:

Possibly, but I took them at face value.

Well, there's your mistake. Call them out next time! :pimp2:

4 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I thought you had taken that back?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Happy to move on Tosh - however some on here could not wait to hit the key board after the Derby win to start the debate all over again.

Wouldn't have been me, but some just weren't just  posting an opinion, some of it was vitriol and hate with no substance all aimed at Hearts/ cl and then directed at posters for defending them.

No harm in making them look like utter bawbags now..

Everyone is wrong sometimes, thats life.

Edited by BigDave'sHeed

i wish jj was my dad
Just now, Thomaso said:

I thought you had taken that back?

I take it back that they said they stopped going because of JKB but I have clarified what I meant.  

Callachan was playing?

Ignore that. I read this like it was a new thread moaning about levein. 

Edited by Greedy_Jambo

3 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Wouldn't have been me, but some just weren't just  posting an opinion, some of it was vitriol and hate with no substance all aimed at Hearts/ cl and then directed at posters for defending them.

Looks to me like there is a lot of vitriol and hate going both ways.

Sad really after a fantastic Derby win.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Looks to me like there is a lot of vitriol and hate going both ways.

Sad really after a fantastic Derby win.

Tbh, hardly surprising.

I wouldn't get on with folk who ripped Hearts and cl as much as some did on here and the way they went about it.

Now that they've been proven wrong they deserve some stick.

Maybe in the future they'll think twice about airing Thier anti cl, budge and at time Hearts  views in the future. Take a deep breath, engage their brain and look at the bigger picture before posting or airing their ramblings.

Then again, maybe not.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
27 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

did you interview them all to come up with these findings?

i heard they stopped going because they were fair-weather fans who didn't like the gutless shambolic stuff being served up

to be fair I didn't do the extensive research you've done 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Fans have been protesting against him for three or four months. Crowds dwindling. Just  take a look at a couple of their forums from November and December. 

this is a joke presumably

why are crowds dwindling and fans protesting ?

i know they appear to have been a total shambles and are currently in the play-off places (the wrong ones) but that must obviously be completely independent to the fan unrest - why anyone would anyone connect the two would be baffling?

some of his interviews have greatly iiritated the fans too apparently - again not robbie's fault presumably

thank goodness he wasn't in our dugout yesterday :) 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

this is a joke presumably

why are crowds dwindling and fans protesting ?

i know they appear to have been a total shambles and are currently in the play-off places (the wrong ones) but that must obviously be completely independent to the fan unrest - why anyone would anyone connect the two would be baffling?

some of his interviews have greatly iiritated the fans too apparently - again not robbie's fault presumably

thank goodness he wasn't in our dugout yesterday :) 

Look at you, can't even be happy and give cl/ the team  a compliment without adding in a  dig about an ex Hearts manager and player, ten year's and a sc winner to boot.

The need to put the boot into PHM is baffling and cringey.

Can't have a pop at cl ( just now) so I'll get my fix by having a go at Robbie. Tragic.

Edited by BigDave'sHeed

2 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Look at you, can't even be happy and give cl/ the team  a compliment without adding in a  dig about an ex Hearts manager and player, ten year's and a sc winner to boot.

Can't have a pop at cl ( just now) so I'll get my fix by having a go at Robbie. Tragic.

To be fair he was responding to claims on here that Neilson left because of alleged abuse on JKB.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

To be fair he was responding to claims on here that Neilson left because of alleged abuse on JKB.

He's had a go at Robbie a couple of times now.

Tragic.

Anyway, next goal is too catch hibs and get 4th. The job s nowhere near complete and imo won't be near the finished article until next season.

Being In the cup gives us excitement and the chance of a cup and at the very least puts jkb of suicide watch for a few weeks-which is all good.

4th will likely be European football ( and avoid the lc group stage)so it's all go on both fronts.

Edited by BigDave'sHeed

1 minute ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

He's had a go at Robbie a couple of times now.

Tragic.

Anyway, next goal is too catch hibs and get 4th. The job s nowhere near complete and imo won't be near the finished article until next season.

Being In the cup gives us excitement and the chance of a cup and at the very least puts jkb of suicide watch for a few weeks-which is all good.

4th will likely be European football ( and avoid the lc group stage)so it's all go on both fronts.

Pipping Hibs to 4th place and a return to Hampden would be a superb achievement, considering we had to recover from the near bomb site left by Cathro. 

All credit to CL if that is achieved.

18 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Pipping Hibs to 4th place and a return to Hampden would be a superb achievement, considering we had to recover from the near bomb site left by Cathro. 

Agreed :thumbsup:

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

It's on, and always has been on, those  with a larger cerebral capacity could always see that.

We are on for continuous improvement.

Good to see that many doubters have turned the page too.

1 minute ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

It's on, and always has been on, those  with a larger cerebral capacity could always see that.

We are on for continuous improvement.

Good to see that many doubters have turned the page too.

I bow to those with larger cerebral capacities.   :pray:

31 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I bow to those with larger cerebral capacities.   :pray:

Not a problem.

23 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Not a problem.

What makes you think you are included in that group?  Get back in the dunce's corner!   :welldone:

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

correct

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

i try not to engage too much with folk who make tons of posts on a daily basis on multiple subjects for obvious reasons (well obvious to those who don't)

by all means dismiss my post but try and recognise the context and content rather than just throwing around random emotive words

a few bullet points to try and help :

the resurrection of these threads appear to be a telt ye thing

many who appear delighted with where we are were not happy when Robbie was hounded out - had Robbie not been hounded we wouldn't be where we are with levein in charge - it's an unknown - what's your opinion would you prefer Robbie was still making the big on field decisions and signings? would you have preferred him in the dugout yesterday? are you not in a telt ye position by default by defending everything? Mrs B said fan reaction played a part on cathro being moved on - defending everything could be a risky policy? -what do you think?

do you really think Robbie was hounded out? how hard did you think levein tried to keep him - levein looked pretty relaxed about it to me - what do you think?

why do you think mk dons hounded out Robbie and the patient chairman moved him on so quickly?  Do you really think those at mk dons took an irrational dislike to him? Do you think any of it could have been based onw results performances or his interaction with the fans

you infer I am only not criticising levein as a temporary measure. why? find a post on these resurrected threads to back that up

find any post criticising levein - to save you the time on this one - I've questioned his boot room coaches policy and still do although it might work with the likes of Jon daly who appears to have considerable backbone and doesn't think he's guardiola on the back of an away win at killie 

ive also said the submissive Derby performances of neilson and cathro were reflecting very badly on levein especially given his stature in the fixture (and in general)

plenty that levein has said since being back in the dug out suggests he agrees with this - and much much more importantly the 3 Derby performances have backed that up with actions

:)

3 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

...and others make the mistake of leaping illogically and emotionally to declare certain success when the evidence doesn't support the claim.

I thought CL was on track to land us in 6th or 7th.  But it now looks more like 5th or 6th.  Oops.

How did he make that huge leap?  By an unbeaten run in a long string of home games, including some games that a team coached by Ian Cathro would have drawn or won and that a team managed by Robbie Neilson would have won.  Am I still on oops?

One cracking result in the middle of all that, but it's all better 'cos we beat hibs (with a little h) in the cup.

We should catch them in the league,  and that would mean fourth, assuming that the two teams four points behind us with a game in hand don't go on a decent run and give us a run for 5th.  Or 6th.

But we've a cup run, unless and until that's ended for us, and our season with it.  And 5th or maybe 4th to look forward to - or 6th if the current momentum slows.

Nah. So far it's a bit better than I expected. I hope that continues and I hope I'm mad wrong.  But it'll take a bit more than a win over hibs (small h again) and some home draws against bottom six contenders to convince me that we've got what it takes.

Tell you what, though.  If it does work out I'll be delighted to be wrong.  On the other hand if it were to turn out that I'm right (and I really hope it doesn't) I won't be looking for Hearts supporters to wind up because they thought it would work out.

But you carry on. 

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

i try not to engage too much with folk who make tons of posts on a daily basis on multiple subjects for obvious reasons (well obvious to those who don't)

by all means dismiss my post but try and recognise the context and content rather than just throwing around random emotive words

a few bullet points to try and help :

the resurrection of these threads appear to be a telt ye thing

many who appear delighted with where we are were not happy when Robbie was hounded out - had Robbie not been hounded we wouldn't be where we are with levein in charge - it's an unknown - what's your opinion would you prefer Robbie was still making the big on field decisions and signings? would you have preferred him in the dugout yesterday? are you not in a telt ye position by default by defending everything? Mrs B said fan reaction played a part on cathro being moved on - defending everything could be a risky policy? -what do you think?

do you really think Robbie was hounded out? how hard did you think levein tried to keep him - levein looked pretty relaxed about it to me - what do you think?

why do you think mk dons hounded out Robbie and the patient chairman moved him on so quickly?  Do you really think those at mk dons took an irrational dislike to him? Do you think any of it could have been based onw results performances or his interaction with the fans

you infer I am only not criticising levein as a temporary measure. why? find a post on these resurrected threads to back that up

find any post criticising levein - to save you the time on this one - I've questioned his boot room coaches policy and still do although it might work with the likes of Jon daly who appears to have considerable backbone and doesn't think he's guardiola on the back of an away win at killie 

ive also said the submissive Derby performances of neilson and cathro were reflecting very badly on levein especially given his stature in the fixture (and in general)

plenty that levein has said since being back in the dug out suggests he agrees with this - and much much more importantly the 3 Derby performances have backed that up with actions

Again, you start with a personal dig ( post count)

Not even going to read the rest, but try writing a post that -

A-Doesn't have a dig at a Hearts player or ex player, especially when they have ten years + service.

B-Have a dig at the poster, in this case reference post count- what has that got to do with anything?

Then maybe your point, whatever it is and how wrong  it may turn out be might not get brought up and flung back in your face in a " I telt ya so" kind of way.

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

...and others make the mistake of leaping illogically and emotionally to declare certain success when the evidence doesn't support the claim.

I thought CL was on track to land us in 6th or 7th.  But it now looks more like 5th or 6th.  Oops.

How did he make that huge leap?  By an unbeaten run in a long string of home games, including some games that a team coached by Ian Cathro would have drawn or won and that a team managed by Robbie Neilson would have won.  Am I still on oops?

One cracking result in the middle of all that, but it's all better 'cos we beat hibs (with a little h) in the cup.

We should catch them in the league,  and that would mean fourth, assuming that the two teams four points behind us with a game in hand don't go on a decent run and give us a run for 5th.  Or 6th.

But we've a cup run, unless and until that's ended for us, and our season with it.  And 5th or maybe 4th to look forward to - or 6th if the current momentum slows.

Nah. So far it's a bit better than I expected. I hope that continues and I hope I'm mad wrong.  But it'll take a bit more than a win over hibs (small h again) and some home draws against bottom six contenders to convince me that we've got what it takes.

Tell you what, though.  If it does work out I'll be delighted to be wrong.  On the other hand if it were to turn out that I'm right (and I really hope it doesn't) I won't be looking for Hearts supporters to wind up because they thought it would work out.

But you carry on. 

Your post just stood out, I don't think you've been hammering cl across multiple threads.

Appoligies.

There are allot of posters , who not only quite happily gave abuse to cl, but also to poster's who could see the bigger picture and defended the man. A man who has over 15 years with us and should never be treated or talked about as some did on here.

The improvement since the LC is bordering on remarkable.

1-2 v Peterhead to 4-0 Celtic ( no Heart's ram had ever done that...)

It's great to see him getting his team together and getting results.

4th is still up for grabs and further cup progression is a realistic goal.

Far from what Many posters predicted and more importantly the way they put their point across and rounded on posters who have the audacity to say otherwise and actually support Hearts and the manager through a relatively poor period of results ( not nearly as bad as some made out tho).

Hibs result doesn't make the season for me either, we need to follow it up in the next round or it will mean nothing in the bigger picture, but it's a start.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
5 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Again, you start with a personal dig ( post count)

Not even going to read the rest, but try writing a post that -

A-Doesn't have a dig at a Hearts player or ex player, especially when they have ten years + service.

B-Have a dig at the poster, in this case reference post count- what has that got to do with anything?

Then maybe your point, whatever it is and how wrong  it may turn out be might not get brought up and flung back in your face in a " I telt ya so" kind of way.

sounds like you have read it but can't address it analytically without considerably backtracking (or perish the thought saying something along lines of yeah I actually got that wrong)

i find folk posting on multiple topics multiple times on a daily basis tend to often contradict themselves and forget what they've posted on these multiple threads - if I tried to do it I reckon I would do similar - so while you appear to have taken it as a personal dig it actually wasn't - it was based on reasoning

thats kind of my overall point here

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

sounds like you have read it but can't address it analytically without considerably backtracking (or perish the thought saying something along lines of yeah I actually got that wrong)

i find folk posting on multiple topics multiple times on a daily basis tend to often contradict themselves and forget what they've posted on these multiple threads - if I tried to do it I reckon I would do similar - so while you appear to have taken it as a personal dig it actually wasn't - it was based on reasoning

thats kind of my overall point here

I've read it now.

Don't think, giving my stance I need to  back track on anything  tbh. I've been very consistent in my posting, particularly in regards to cl and Robbie.

Folk might get mixed up, although I tend to find out that folk that aren't genuine or have hidden agendas do this more often. If folk are being honest, rarely do you contridct yourself, as by the very nature of being honest.

Anyway, as many predicted cl has us on a positive path, some recognized this early, some are realising now, some still can't overcome their hatred of cl.

Takes all kinds, I Guess

Edited by BigDave'sHeed

5 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Your post just stood out, I don't think you've been hammering cl across multiple threads.

Appoligies.

There are allot of posters , who not only quite happily gave abuse to cl, but also to poster's who could see the bigger picture and defended the man. A man who has over 15 years with us and should never be treated or talked about as some did on here.

Far from what Many posters predicted and more importantly the way they put their point across and rounded on posters who have the audacity to say otherwise and actually support Hearts and the manager through a relatively poor period of results ( not nearly as bad as some made out tho).

Hibs result doesn't make the season for me either, we need to follow it up in the next round or it will mean nothing in the bigger picture, but it's a start.

Cheers, and apologies for my irritability.  While I've been quite definite in my view, I can see why many supporters feel that Craig Levein will or should definitely be a success.

Leaving aside a bit of concern about what he did and didn't do while DoF, I'm conscious that my real reason for doubting that he will be a success this time around is a bit unscientific. For that reason I'm well aware that I might be wrong, and anyway I'd prefer to be wrong, so I don't want to be critical of people who don't see this issue my way.

Fourth and a decent cup run?  I'll take that if it's going.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
9 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

I've read it now.

Don't think, giving my stance I need to  back track on anything  tbh. I've been very consistent in my posting, particularly in regards to cl and Robbie.

Folk might get mixed up, although I tend to find out that folk that aren't genuine or have hidden agendas do this more often. If folk are being honest, rarely do you contridct yourself, as by the very nature of being honest.

Anyway, as many predicted cl has us on a positive path, some recognized this early, some are realising now, some still can't overcome their hatred of cl.

Takes all kinds, I Guess

but you haven't addressed any of the points - let's just take one :

why did you infer that I was not criticising levein only temporarily? was there any reasoning or evidence behind this?

i can guess you're probably busy so if you don't feel you have time to address this then it's obviously fine but I would have thought it was an easy one to clarify

Section G The Place To Be

Seems between this thread and others dragged up. A lot of Hearts fans are happy to troll others over comments made when we were struggling and genuine concerns were being raised by many fans. There was me thought KB rules said “NO TROLLING”

weve beaten The shite in the cup for first time in 4 years and the first thing that comes Some folks minds is to drag up old threads. Sad pathetic and strange behaviour. 

I reckon if if people were sad enough and had enough time they could find threads going back where these same sad people have said things and could be shown up at a later date and ridiculed for it. 

Let’s enjoy the result folks it’s not very often we can all agree on something and be happy at the same time, don’t be an arsehole and dampen the mood. 

I think he wasn’t the answer.  He never wanted the job, and it showed at the start,  in my opinion. 

Now I think he has his mojo back, and he is loving it, and we have the Levein of old, who was a good manager, who cares for the club, will back the club, and fight for it. 

Edited by Paolo

10 minutes ago, Section G The Place To Be said:

Seems between this thread and others dragged up. A lot of Hearts fans are happy to troll others over comments made when we were struggling and genuine concerns were being raised by many fans. There was me thought KB rules said “NO TROLLING”

weve beaten The shite in the cup for first time in 4 years and the first thing that comes Some folks minds is to drag up old threads. Sad pathetic and strange behaviour. 

I reckon if if people were sad enough and had enough time they could find threads going back where these same sad people have said things and could be shown up at a later date and ridiculed for it. 

Let’s enjoy the result folks it’s not very often we can all agree on something and be happy at the same time, don’t be an arsehole and dampen the mood. 

More to it than that.

Bringing this thread back up is a massive **** you to certain people. Justified and they know who they are.

Section G The Place To Be
5 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

More to it than that.

Bringing this thread back up is a massive **** you to certain people. Justified and they know who they are.

Pretty sad though tbh.

i also wouldn’t call 2 good results against big Celtic and wee Celtic cause for a get it up you. The time for that is when the seasons over and we’ve won the SC and sitting 2nd/3rd or 4th at worst. Some people can’t help themselves though. 

2 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Appoligies.

Excellent post.

The venom some people dished now leaves them begging for mercy and squirming with embarrassment.

They'll be waiting in the wings for our next defeat(s).

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

but you haven't addressed any of the points - let's just take one :

why did you infer that I was not criticising levein only temporarily? was there any reasoning or evidence behind this?

i can guess you're probably busy so if you don't feel you have time to address this then it's obviously fine but I would have thought it was an easy one to clarify

I was on plane.

Not sure of your point, I think you are saying that you will change your mind depending on current events, so can change to in favour of CL if things are going well and also criticise again if things go wrong?

Don't really want to argue, there have been numerous discussions about CL, we even had a poll whether he should stay, so don't really want to argue when we are doing well.

In saying that- Even if you were criticising temporary , imo you were wrong to do so.

1- He's done well with us in the past as manager

2- as Dof, he's taken us form the Championship to third in the top league.

3- as a player he spent ten years, and was a fantastic player for us.

4- He is a Hearts man, more so you or me could ever dream to be and has our interests at the forefront of everything he does 

5- Even early on, after Cathro- we Cleary improved from last season and the lc.

6- Criticising in this context was imo,  less constructive in supporting the team or being a happy clapper. 

7- Have a little faith in the man based on the above.

I even left out the fact he was our international manager, managed two season in England and helped improve Dundee Utd, spanking us several times.

• cosanostra locked this topic