Levein is not the answer ( merged )

Hood09

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Section G The Place To Be said:

Pretty sad though tbh.

i also wouldn’t call 2 good results against big Celtic and wee Celtic cause for a get it up you. The time for that is when the seasons over and we’ve won the SC and sitting 2nd/3rd or 4th at worst. Some people can’t help themselves though. 

Think the improvement and direction we are heading is more of a " get it up you"

Motherwell and hibs were ahead of us, hibs years. CL was a loser, Celtic would hammer us, relegation battle ( ffs) getting back to Tynecastle wouldn't make a difference, CL is worse than Cathro ( someone posted their records and tried to go down that route)- Christ even our defence was brought to task-etc, ect

as per my previous post, it was how some put their point across that was the biggest issue, happily rounding on any poster who dared defend CL , this style of posting therefor makes it a "girfuy" in some respects far more so than  if people debated the points and not the poster.

Not everyone falls in this category, a quick look back will tell you who did tho.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• soonbe110

• Hendricks

• Escobar PHM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Cheers, and apologies for my irritability.  While I've been quite definite in my view, I can see why many supporters feel that Craig Levein will or should definitely be a success.

Leaving aside a bit of concern about what he did and didn't do while DoF, I'm conscious that my real reason for doubting that he will be a success this time around is a bit unscientific. For that reason I'm well aware that I might be wrong, and anyway I'd prefer to be wrong, so I don't want to be critical of people who don't see this issue my way.

Fourth and a decent cup run?  I'll take that if it's going.

:thumbsup:

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
3 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

I was on plane.

Not sure of your point, I think you are saying that you will change your mind depending on current events, so can change to in favour of CL if things are going well and also criticise again if things go wrong?

Don't really want to argue, there have been numerous discussions about CL, we even had a poll whether he should stay, so don't really want to argue when we are doing well.

In saying that- Even if you were criticising temporary , imo you were wrong to do so.

1- He's done well with us in the past as manager

2- as Dof, he's taken us form the Championship to third in the top league.

3- as a player he spent ten years, and was a fantastic player for us.

4- He is a Hearts man, more so you or me could ever dream to be and has our interests at the forefront of everything he does 

5- Even early on, after Cathro- we Cleary improved from last season and the lc.

6- Criticising in this context was imo,  less constructive in supporting the team or being a happy clapper. 

7- Have a little faith in the man based on the above.

I even left out the fact he was our international manager, managed two season in England and helped improve Dundee Utd, spanking us several times.

you inferred I had in the past been critical of Craig levein and was only unable to criticise him at the moment because of current events - like you have again inferred that my opinion on Craig levein is changeable 

this is frankly fact-free nonsense

however if you wish to dispute this it shouldn't be difficult to provide evidence of it

there are several ressurected threads surely I will be on there criticising him?

shouldn't be difficult and will put this to bed with fact-based evidence

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

you inferred I had in the past been critical of Craig levein and was only unable to criticise him at the moment because of current events - like you have again inferred that my opinion on Craig levein is changeable 

this is frankly fact-free nonsense

however if you wish to dispute this it shouldn't be difficult to provide evidence of it

there are several ressurected threads surely I will be on there criticising him?

shouldn't be difficult and will put this to bed with fact-based evidence

I think my original post on this resurrected thread had you questioning CL and that's what you picked up on. therefor that would be exhibit 1. If not I am lost to why you are even debating or what we are debating anymore in relation to this thread.

If you weren't quoted in my original post and  it is because I  pulled you up for praising CL but having a thinly veiled swipe at Robbie in the same post ( you done this twice), that is a different debate and we are now debating something that wasn't central to the original point of this thread but a side issue in relation to your posting style and why some posters might take a bit delight in you being wrong.

If you have supported CL since he taken over manager and in his Dof role I am unsure why we are even debating. I don't even know what the point in your highlighted statement is tbh.

Either way I'm out as I'm confused and bored of debating ... nothing it would seem.

Section G The Place To Be
43 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Think the improvement and direction we are heading is more of a " get it up you"

Motherwell and hibs were ahead of us, hibs years. CL was a loser, Celtic would hammer us, relegation battle ( ffs) getting back to Tynecastle wouldn't make a difference, CL is worse than Cathro ( someone posted their records and tried to go down that route)- Christ even our defence was brought to task-etc, ect

as per my previous post, it was how some put their point across that was the biggest issue, happily rounding on any poster who dared defend CL , this style of posting therefor makes it a "girfuy" in some respects far more so than  if people debated the points and not the poster.

Not everyone falls in this category, a quick look back will tell you who did tho.

Nothing to celebrate yet. Plenty games still to play, but you bash on resurrecting old threads or putting your tuppence worth into trolling other Hearts fans.

As for your “rounding on any poster pish” I’ve seen it on here plenty times more so recently a certain little group of the same posters when one starts a spat with someone or gets involved inevitably within minutes the side kicks join in. Always the same ones as well. Like a school yard gang of bullies. Laughable considering a few of them don’t even go to games. 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Section G The Place To Be said:

Nothing to celebrate yet. Plenty games still to play, but you bash on resurrecting old threads or putting your tuppence worth into trolling other Hearts fans.

As for your “rounding on any poster pish” I’ve seen it on here plenty times more so recently a certain little group of the same posters when one starts a spat with someone or gets involved inevitably within minutes the side kicks join in. Always the same ones as well. Like a school yard gang of bullies. Laughable considering a few of them don’t even go to games. 

Any poster who slags Hearts legends like CL or even Robbie deserve rounded  on tbh. Should be what happens, ken with this being a Hearts forum.

It's a Hearts forum, we should be ripping other teams not ripping the pish out of our  own with hateful agendas and generally spouting tripe and in no  way helpful toman norneast.

3 minutes ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

If Levein isn't the answer, what is the question?

"Can you name a poor hearts manager?"

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

If Levein isn't the answer, what is the question?

Image result for billie piper question

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

"Can you name a poor hearts manager?"

OOOH OOOH I know this one......

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
25 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

I think my original post on this resurrected thread had you questioning CL and that's what you picked up on. therefor that would be exhibit 1. If not I am lost to why you are even debating or what we are debating anymore in relation to this thread.

If you weren't quoted in my original post and  it is because I  pulled you up for praising CL but having a thinly veiled swipe at Robbie in the same post ( you done this twice), that is a different debate and we are now debating something that wasn't central to the original point of this thread but a side issue in relation to your posting style and why some posters might take a bit delight in you being wrong.

If you have supported CL since he taken over manager and in his Dof role I am unsure why we are even debating. I don't even know what the point in your highlighted statement is tbh.

Either way I'm out as I'm confused and bored of debating ... nothing it would seem.

ok thanks for at least addressing the point

discard exhibit 1 - it is 100% fact free

the reason we are interacting on this thread is because I replied to two other posters (other posters i.e not you) with reference to robbie neilson 

one inferred that robbie had been hounded out mk dons by fans - I asked them if they felt results performances or Robbie's interactions could have anything to do with the outcome

the other poster made reference to happy clippers winning the day (albeit it appeared more light hearted than some) / I responded that many happy clappers were also Robbie fans so they couldn't really have it both ways in that the improvements in performances and outlook (particularly in the Derby) are because of levein being in the dugout making signings etc

you then start quoting to me and others about my posts being "tragic" (interesting given your offence at perceived personal digs) followed up by fact-free stuff about me being a levein critic

its made up stuff albeit its probably an honest mistake and could even be a symptom of the multiple posts multiple threads multiple interactions I referred to earlier

you have mistaken a levein critic or wrongly assumed that a neilson critic must also be a levein or a hearts critic

anyway sounds like we're both very happy with levein in charge and the upturn in Derby performances and results as is undoubtedly Craig levein judging by his demeanour 

1 hour ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

ok thanks for at least addressing the point

discard exhibit 1 - it is 100% fact free

the reason we are interacting on this thread is because I replied to two other posters (other posters i.e not you) with reference to robbie neilson 

one inferred that robbie had been hounded out mk dons by fans - I asked them if they felt results performances or Robbie's interactions could have anything to do with the outcome

the other poster made reference to happy clippers winning the day (albeit it appeared more light hearted than some) / I responded that many happy clappers were also Robbie fans so they couldn't really have it both ways in that the improvements in performances and outlook (particularly in the Derby) are because of levein being in the dugout making signings etc

you then start quoting to me and others about my posts being "tragic" (interesting given your offence at perceived personal digs) followed up by fact-free stuff about me being a levein critic

its made up stuff albeit its probably an honest mistake and could even be a symptom of the multiple posts multiple threads multiple interactions I referred to earlier

you have mistaken a levein critic or wrongly assumed that a neilson critic must also be a levein or a hearts critic

anyway sounds like we're both very happy with levein in charge and the upturn in Derby performances and results as is undoubtedly Craig levein judging by his demeanour 

You know, it's OK to think Neilson did a good job as Hearts manager and is still a promising young coach and to also be happy to have Levein in charge doing a good job now. It's. O. Kay. The two things are not related in any way. I tend to back whoever's in charge until they prove beyond doubt they are gash (see Cathro). Others make up their minds way too early and decide to inflict their opinion on the rest of us again and again and again, while at the same time labelling those of us who back the club and like to give people the benefit of the doubt "happy clappers"...

SpruceBringsteen
2 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Any poster who slags Hearts legends like CL or even Robbie deserve rounded  on tbh. Should be what happens, ken with this being a Hearts forum.

It's a Hearts forum, we should be ripping other teams not ripping the pish out of our  own with hateful agendas and generally spouting tripe and in no  way helpful toman norneast.

That just sounds like you want Pravda. I'm fully on board with Craig "I despise Hibernian" Levein, but some results early in this second spell were objectively honking. People should be allowed to say that.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
8 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

You know, it's OK to think Neilson did a good job as Hearts manager and is still a promising young coach and to also be happy to have Levein in charge doing a good job now. It's. O. Kay. The two things are not related in any way. I tend to back whoever's in charge until they prove beyond doubt they are gash (see Cathro). Others make up their minds way too early and decide to inflict their opinion on the rest of us again and again and again, while at the same time labelling those of us who back the club and like to give people the benefit of the doubt "happy clappers"...

yes i know that - but its not my opinion

Neilson is a young coach so could turn out to be very good. I saw little evidence of it at hearts as I believe the qualified success was down to considerable support (not interference) from levein and adverse circumstances at other clubs, principally rangers. he did well initially (no more than that) and regressed considerably

thats my opinion its not yours and that's fine

how do you think it has gone at mk dons? as you have pointed out mcinnes and others have struggled down south, so no disgrace, but how do you think it has gone? did you expect him to do better?

would you have preferred him in the dugout on sunday or levein? Going forward how does it feel with levein more hands on, making the signings, directly influencing the matches? You think its better? (it is ok to say you liked Robbie but you think its better with levein in the dugout likewise)

Section G The Place To Be
2 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

The contradiction in that second paragraph in the context of rounding on fans is lost on you.

I’ve received a message suggesting you supported Hibs against Rangers in the cup final and don’t even go to games. If true then As far as I’m concerned that says all I need to know about you and backs up my observations about the gang mentality attitude on here.

Your posts and opinions are now about as relevant as the letter K in the word knife as far as I’m concerned. 

31 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

yes i know that - but its not my opinion

Neilson is a young coach so could turn out to be very good. I saw little evidence of it at hearts as I believe the qualified success was down to considerable support (not interference) from levein and adverse circumstances at other clubs, principally rangers. he did well initially (no more than that) and regressed considerably

thats my opinion its not yours and that's fine

how do you think it has gone at mk dons? as you have pointed out mcinnes and others have struggled down south, so no disgrace, but how do you think it has gone? did you expect him to do better?

would you have preferred him in the dugout on sunday or levein? Going forward how does it feel with levein more hands on, making the signings, directly influencing the matches? You think its better? (it is ok to say you liked Robbie but you think its better with levein in the dugout likewise)

Who would compare Neilson to Levein? One’s a rookie manager and one’s a seasoned veteran who has managed at the highest level. They both also worked under different circumstances at Hearts. Neilson had a DoF and Levein has a bigger budget. Of course levein is a better football manager but even he was managing Raith not that long ago.

Compare Neilson to other young managers, Scottish or otherwise and how they did in their first 3 years.

i follow his career the same as CP and jamie walker and john robertson or anyone who’s been at hearts a while and did well for us. Interested to see how they do and want them to do well.

3 hours ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

OOOH OOOH I know this one......

Would you put Valdas in the poor manager section. Was chatting about poor managers weve had earlier wi my folks and Valdas was divisive 

They're not happy with Levein on partyplanners.  General consensus is he lacks the sophistication of Lennon.

??????????

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Would you put Valdas in the poor manager section. Was chatting about poor managers weve had earlier wi my folks and Valdas was divisive 

The football under him was pretty turgid, but then he did win the SC. He certainly wasn't helped by the turmoil at the time. Decent manager at a difficult time. 5/10. A 4/10 without the cup win.

48 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

They're not happy with Levein on partyplanners.  General consensus is he lacks the sophistication of Lennon.

??????????

I read that... it was tremendous reading. Its like full on meltdown mode. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, socrates82 said:

Who would compare Neilson to Levein? One’s a rookie manager and one’s a seasoned veteran who has managed at the highest level. They both also worked under different circumstances at Hearts. Neilson had a DoF and Levein has a bigger budget. Of course levein is a better football manager but even he was managing Raith not that long ago.

Compare Neilson to other young managers, Scottish or otherwise and how they did in their first 3 years.

i follow his career the same as CP and jamie walker and john robertson or anyone who’s been at hearts a while and did well for us. Interested to see how they do and want them to do well.

contrary to what you might believe I'm not interested in neilson and how he compares to other managers at similar stages in their career

I'm interested in hearts and only hearts - that's why I much prefer levein as manager to neilson. It sounds like you agree on this.

I knew we broadly agreed as we often do its just not obvious at first :)

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Section G The Place To Be said:

The contradiction in that second paragraph in the context of rounding on fans is lost on you.

I’ve received a message suggesting you supported Hibs against Rangers in the cup final and don’t even go to games. If true then As far as I’m concerned that says all I need to know about you and backs up my observations about the gang mentality attitude on here.

Your posts and opinions are now about as relevant as the letter K in the word knife as far as I’m concerned. 

I've got a season ticket.

My reasons for preferring hibs over rangers are well documented, and have nothing to do with Hearts in all honesty.

I don't support anyone but Hearts, hence my st for several years?

You are correct about gang culture, taking PM's, taking their opinion as fact-then taking sides!

Well done on that.

My point about defending Hearts stands.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

That just sounds like you want Pravda. I'm fully on board with Craig "I despise Hibernian" Levein, but some results early in this second spell were objectively honking. People should be allowed to say that.

Of course, but it's the way so e have said it, not like you just did.

Even this time, we've had a few poor results and there is room for further improvement going forward.

• 1 month later...

Going to bump this thread for the amount of abuse I took last time. Wheels will be well and truly off come Friday , I don’t doubt levein a intentions but he is not the man to take us forward

He's a coward and a bottler. Set us up to try and get a draw. Leaves our best attacker on the bench and not for the first time. ****ing Callachan further forward than Naismith WTF.

We will win nothing with that loser in charge. Get him to ****.

5 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Going to bump this thread for the amount of abuse I took last time. Wheels will be well and truly off come Friday , I don’t doubt levein a intentions but he is not the man to take us forward

Who is?

And then then is until of course they lose a game, make a selection you don’t like etc  and then they won’t be the answer. Repeat for eternity of unhappiness...

Couple of day holiday from this place , too  many roasters and interlopers

hope nothing exciting happens

3fingersreid

The only thing I’d like to ask him is why he’s changed his philosophy from the celtic game - no-one called him a bottler that night - to his ultra cautious tactics of recent games 

fortune favours the brave 

Sexton Hardcastle

Why do people even waste time with the idea he would step down.

hes here for the foreseeable future so get with it.

WorldChampions1902
2 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

? every single time JKB doesnt disappoint.

Indeed.

Here we go again.

Just now, smartin1987 said:

He must hearts fans need to waken up he not good enough simple 

Here here! Let’s get Pep in and bring some players with him. Then it’ll be pure good 

So boring and his tactics are so negative!! He is not the man to take us forward!! For the players we have and the budget compared to other teams we are utter sh*t and it’s time for him to go!! Bottles it every game and because of that the season is already over. 

:laugh: naive football fans make knee jerk reaction shocker!

i await the shouts of Steve Clarke, Paulo Sergio and Steve Robinson, cause he his wit it takes tae get tae the semis, ken 

Edited by Mr Rabbit

Toxteth O'Grady
7 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Craig Levein is a winner 

He's been in football for 30 odd years and won nothing

underwaterwoodwelder

What is our style of play , serious question.

First half was like billy smart circus . Fekin clowns.

Everybody Loves Baz!
Just now, smartin1987 said:

He must hearts fans need to waken up he not good enough simple 

In English please. 

Hagar the Horrible

We just wont win many games playing with 1 man up front, and our rock solid defence had a howling opening 10 mins, bad combination.

Wed should be called 1 - nil to the Hearts?

That was a cup tie and it took to the second half for us to compete, but we were never going to win it, we went for a Point  in a cup tie?

we might have won the replay, but the first half proved too costly, in the end its SEASON OVER

WalterWhite
2 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

He's been in football for 30 odd years and won nothing

????? agreed!

• cosanostra locked this topic