Levein is not the answer ( merged )

Hood09

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
Just now, Spencer said:

Budgets my dear boy. Budgets 

We have an average gate which exceeds that of Motherwell, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock and Hamilton combined yet two of the clubs will probably finish above us.

You are an apologist and totally accepting of failure 

Again budgets don't play on the pitch. Motherwell have a decent team with a manager who has got them organised and motivated, and not to mention one of the best goalscorers in the league. if they can keep up this form, they are our competition this year, much like St Johnstone of the past few years. 

Having a higher budget should in theory make you better but football isn't played in theory. Just because you pay Conor Sammon twice as much as Motherwell pay Louis Moult, doesn't make him a better player. We have the players we have, and at the moment they are playing at a level similar to Motherwell. I'm not happy about this or accepting of it. But I'm a realist and this is the situation we are in.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• soonbe110

• Hendricks

• Escobar PHM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
6 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Its not a witch hunt. Its a judgement based on results and other competencies. If he's not achieving he has to go and we have to try someone else. Its not that difficult to understand why he is under this pressure and we'll all move happily on to the next bloke once Levein is gone, and so on and so forth

I was being a touch sarcastic mate, I understand why people want Levein out.

13 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

if he wins the next 6 the pressure will still be on, 

That should always be the case.

1 hour ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

We were successful in every transfer window of the Levein era before Cathro came in, with question marks over summer 16. I think it was clear the last 2 windows, Levein was bringing in players for the style of football Cathro wanted to play. It doesn't help that not only do these not players fit Levein's vision for how he wants to play, but they're also terrible footballers. But I think he can turn it around, it's a big job considering just how lacking the squad is in quite a few areas but there's few other guys I'd want in charge.

Why is Levein bringing in players to fit how Cathro wants the game played? His role was sold to us on his vision providing continuity when a coach leaves. I thought bringing in a actual manager with his own ideas on who should be sold/kept was awfully expensive. Mr Levein provides a trusty bulwark from such spending by setting how the club plays from top to bottom, the Levein way if you will.

In reality nobody wants to watch the Levein brand of football (cos it's crap) and we've littered the coaching staff with his pals. It's always looked to me like a Levein carve up tbh. 

12 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Just because you pay Conor Sammon twice as much as Motherwell pay Louis Moult, doesn't make him a better player. We have the players we have, and at the moment they are playing at a level similar to Motherwell. I'm not happy about this or accepting of it. But I'm a realist and this is the situation we are in.

Why would you accept that. Why would you accept Connor Sammon vs Louis Moult as if its just an accident of fate ? Connor Sammon was a dreadful piece of business. Just one of many right enough so you might just be getting used to it. Louis Moult and dozens like him are out there to find. This is a league where marginally above average players like Moult absolutely stand out. When he goes back down south he'll disappear and you'll not hear of him again.

We just don't have the structure, the willingness, the coverage, the recruitment criteria, the nuance or the right contacts to find players who would improve us

Edited by Escobar PHM

15 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Again budgets don't play on the pitch. Motherwell have a decent team with a manager who has got them organised and motivated, and not to mention one of the best goalscorers in the league. if they can keep up this form, they are our competition this year, much like St Johnstone of the past few years. 

Having a higher budget should in theory make you better but football isn't played in theory. Just because you pay Conor Sammon twice as much as Motherwell pay Louis Moult, doesn't make him a better player. We have the players we have, and at the moment they are playing at a level similar to Motherwell. I'm not happy about this or accepting of it. But I'm a realist and this is the situation we are in.

We as Hearts fans don't have to accept anything less than a manager who knows what he's doing. Why should we employ a worthless second rate manager and coaching staff who sign players on 2-3 year contracts that would toil to get a game for Cowdenbeath. Having our Hearts team play like the players are strangers to one an other.

The fans will soon be singing to Levein ARE YOU CATHRO IN DISGUISE !

My message to Levein is pull the finger out or go for the sake of our team.

No more excuses.

maroonnicky63

We can all blame the players as much as we like but it is up to the coach to motivate them before they go on the pitch and that isn't happening even looking back to lockie and Neilson the team seemed to be motivated enough to put in a performance of course there was exceptions but this season perhaps with the one exception of Aberdeen at Murrayfield we have been poor.

As some know on here I am not into blaming players after all it is the club that have brought them in and they must have thought they were good enough, if they are coached right and motivated enough then they will go and perform and for god sake please don't say players should not need motivated believe me they do

38 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Maybe Europe if other teams around us start to falter, but comfortably top 6. 5th would be a decent season for me considering the turmoil that sacking our manager days before the start of the season left us in. 

I would give Levein absolutely no credit for a 5th place - for the simple reason that he created the turmoil by appointing Cathro, then not sacking him at the end of last season!

40 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Didn't realise attendances played on the pitch...

No but they effect how players play on the pitch......

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Escobar PHM said:

This team without Lafferty and Berra would be relegated. Its low on talent. Its low on experience. Its low on guts and bottle and its got a shite manager who has lost whatever talent for football management he once had.

Correct, if we played with 9 men we would be relegated.

Something to agree on.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
21 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

No but they effect how players play on the pitch......

A pub team watched by 50,000 would not beat Real Madrid if they were watched by 0, your point is irrelevant at best.

4 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

A pub team watched by 50,000 would not beat Real Madrid if they were watched by 0, your point is irrelevant at best.

Just happened last week did it no ??.............................lol

15 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

:qqb006:

1 hour ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Correct, if we played with 9 men we would be relegated.

Something to agree on.

Why do you even bother posting nonsense like this? 

We've got two players of genuine quality. It's not difficult to understand 

1 minute ago, Spencer said:

It's just Tosh being Tosh...

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Spencer said:

sorry, I forget you can only post serious, negative stuff.

lighten up ya crackerjack, it wasn't even a reply to your post.

You need to smell the flowers or crack one 'aff, always so serious.

24 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

sorry, I forget you can only post serious, negative stuff.

lighten up ya crackerjack, it wasn't even a reply to your post.

You need to smell the flowers or crack one 'aff, always so serious.

:rofl:

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
11 hours ago, Spencer said:

:rofl:

You might be the biggest VL on Kickback. I've literally never seen anything positive from you in the 2 years I've been on the site. I'm going to assume your a manic depressive lonely loser rather than a sad hibbee, but regardless, get some happiness in your life. And for God's sake, stay away from Hearts if it's causing you this much turmoil.

6 hours ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

You might be the biggest VL on Kickback. I've literally never seen anything positive from you in the 2 years I've been on the site. I'm going to assume your a manic depressive lonely loser rather than a sad hibbee, but regardless, get some happiness in your life. And for God's sake, stay away from Hearts if it's causing you this much turmoil.

I switched off at the pub team being watched by 50,000 analogy 

I've never read so much shite in a long time. Credit to you for that as the competition on here is ferocious 

He simply has to go, he has no urgency or passion on the sidelines it’s a joke. If he thinks getting back to tynie is going to fix everything then he is even more clueless than I thought 

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Hood09 said:

He simply has to go, he has no urgency or passion on the sidelines it’s a joke. If he thinks getting back to tynie is going to fix everything then he is even more clueless than I thought 

Unfortunately he seems to be going through the motions hoping the old hunger and desire will return to him. It's not looking likely. 

Anyone listening now? .... Cathro's puppet master. Like for like ... not the answer!!

Joke of a club atm from the board to the management to the players, with an 80's high school for a new stand.
Embarassing!!!

• 2 months later...
On 11/3/2017 at 13:22, Escobar PHM said:

Why would you accept that. Why would you accept Connor Sammon vs Louis Moult as if its just an accident of fate ? Connor Sammon was a dreadful piece of business. Just one of many right enough so you might just be getting used to it. Louis Moult and dozens like him are out there to find. This is a league where marginally above average players like Moult absolutely stand out. When he goes back down south he'll disappear and you'll not hear of him again.

We just don't have the structure, the willingness, the coverage, the recruitment criteria, the nuance or the right contacts to find players who would improve us

:jjyay:

This thread is a seriously good read. Some real roasters on it who must be hiding behind their keyboards. Lap it up. 

On 11/3/2017 at 10:35, world_3 said:

I'd put a few rules in place as far as our signing policy goes :

1.  No more reserve players from the English Premiership, there may be some gems out there, but we're invariably getting saddled with dross.

2.  No more injury prone players, regardless of how good they might be when they're fit.  Chopping and changing to fit someone in damages morale and the lack of continuity leads to confusion on the pitch.

3.  No players who've been out of contract for longer than 1 month, there is always a good reason why they've not already been snapped up.

4.  If there is a choice between a young up and coming Scottish player, and a player from England or abroad who seems to be of a similar standard, then the Scottish player every time, even if it means shelling out a couple of hundred thousand to sign him.  Not racist or anything, it just seems to work out better in general.

I'd also be tempted to write this season off as soon as we're safe, and throw in a load of youngsters to give them game time and see how they get on.  If they're not good enough they'll sink, but at least we'll then know where we stand for getting new players in to fill the gaps for next season.

So insightful.    

It should have been ten
5 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

This thread is a seriously good read. Some real roasters on it who must be hiding behind their keyboards. Lap it up. 

3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

and are hurting badly tonight = GIRUY

A massive GIRUY to them all indeed! 

:walk_man:

Surely the biggest celebration is beating Hibs and having something to look forward to in a good home tie in next round rather than seek confrontation with fellow fans? 

Many fans had real concerns about how things were progressing. Those concerns imo were justified. 

There is no doubt that Craig Levein has made a huge difference as manager. Prior recruitment that he sanctioned was rightly criticised. Some of it was utterly horrendous 

McLaughlin, Berra, Lafferty and Naismith are probably the 4 best signings made in Scotland this season. Levein and Ann Budge deserve huge credit for that 

Enjoy the sweet satisfaction of victory rather than appear a righteous uber fan 

On 11/3/2017 at 13:22, Escobar PHM said:

That for me is the winner.  You really know your stuff mate. 

Bridge of Djoum
On 10/28/2017 at 11:10, Gambo said:

Good luck with this one.

Levein can do NO WRONG for some on here. They will find any excuse not to put any blame on Levein.

Oh dear.

Oh very, very dear.

You must feel quite silly.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

again quite funny that some of the apparent righteous ones here were crying their eyes out when Robbie was 'hounded out' - the man who created the belief in hibs to enable them to temporarily stop hibsing it

imagine that blood and guts game today with Lennon sneering across the track at poor submissive Robbie

the stick levein got was of course often out of order in fact the true righteous ones are the smallish band who wanted neilson to go away and levein in

we're the true winners 

:lol:

natural order restored

15 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

That for me is the winner.  You really know your stuff mate. 

That is the footballing equivalent of Steve Ballmer CEO of Microsoft stating the iphone was too expensive, rubbish for emails and wouldn't sell. He resigned soon after ..... just saying like

Some Hearts fans using JKB historical threads today of all days to get it up other Hearts fans . Weird sad people. 

24 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Surely the biggest celebration is beating Hibs and having something to look forward to in a good home tie in next round rather than seek confrontation with fellow fans? 

Many fans had real concerns about how things were progressing. Those concerns imo were justified. 

There is no doubt that Craig Levein has made a huge difference as manager. Prior recruitment that he sanctioned was rightly criticised. Some of it was utterly horrendous 

McLaughlin, Berra, Lafferty and Naismith are probably the 4 best signings made in Scotland this season. Levein and Ann Budge deserve huge credit for that 

Enjoy the sweet satisfaction of victory rather than appear a righteous uber fan 

One would hope that the offenders might learn something about being less irascible in the future. You know, maybe give a highly experienced manager more than a couple of months to sort the team out before calling for his head.

Enlightening.

Some absolute pilchards exposed for the bait that they thought they were casting.

Feck off the site now or admit you were wrong. In other words GROW A PAIR!!!

10 minutes ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

Oh dear.

Oh very, very dear.

You must feel quite silly.

Not when folk prove me right.

13 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Some Hearts fans using JKB historical threads today of all days to get it up other Hearts fans . Weird sad people. 

Guilty complex?

Bridge of Djoum
9 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Not when folk prove me right.

Still, a stunning lack of patience so soon into a Hearts legend's tenure is quite silly. No denying that.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
11 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

Enlightening.

Some absolute pilchards exposed for the bait that they thought they were casting.

I’ll admit I was wrong about us being on a downward spiral under Levein.

I don’t accept I was wrong to say a lot of our recruitment under him as DOF was shite. But it’s got much better.

Fair play to him. I only ever want us to do well so I can’t be anything other than happy.

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I don’t accept I was wrong to say a lot of our recruitment under him as DOF was shite. But it’s got much better.

He is now the one who is picking which players to sign.

i wish jj was my dad
9 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

Enlightening.

Spot on. Hope the shit stirrers have the decency to crawl back under their rocks.  

This club is in better health than i can ever remember and big Craig is one if the main reasons why. 

I can imagine one particular princess will be devastated that his doomsday scenario hasn't materialised. Maybe he will have to revert to slating our teenagers again for jollies.

8 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

Guilty complex?

No. In fact I’m just home having spent a throughouly pleasant few hours in the pub celebrating a great win with mates who are fellow Hearts fans. The last thing I should be doing now is logging in here and finding some utter welts bringing up 3 month old threads purely for a bit of nasty kiddy stuff point scoring. 

For clarity welts. I had concerns about levein 2-3 months ago. Those concerns have been addressed now. Close thread.

Edited by Escobar PHM

The Future's Maroon

It is a bit bit childish bring up old threads...tbf we were in a bad place when CL took over.

However, apart from Escobar it's interesting to see a lot of posters from that thread have been missing the last six or so hours, odd even? ?

P.s I am not defending Escobar...he has admitted he had doubts which have been addressed, possible fair play for me.

Edited by The Future's Maroon

Just now, Escobar PHM said:

WTF you on about now you prick . 

Yes go on. Report it like a bairn

I don't report posts :)

To much fun having them for all to see :)

• cosanostra locked this topic