Levein is not the answer ( merged )

Hood09

42 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Obviously we're all disappointed with the result but let's be brutally honest here, we are in no way good enough to win a cup at the moment and would get absolutely horsed by either the OF at Hampden. That's the truth. 

Bit of long term perspective required though, calling for the managers head is absolute nonsense talk. Levein needs the summer and most of next season to rebuild the squad, any other manager would have exactly the same task. 

That said, there are certain things that absolutely must change going forward. The tactics and the general style of football have to be more positive, we have to be much more attacking and commit players into attacking positions if we want to win games. 

If we don't finish in the top 6 there will be obvious doubts about where we are going with this. 

Looking at the draw we would have had a decent chance of making the final. Semi and final cash would have helped enormously for next season. 

Agree with your other points and would not be looking to replace the manager in the summer. However, he has made a massive mistake with the starting line up today and after a great start to the second half didn't refresh the team with subs around 70 mins in - exactly the same mistake he made against Kilmarnock on Wednesday night. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• soonbe110

• Hendricks

• Escobar PHM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Clerry Jambo
25 minutes ago, Smith&Weston said:

McLaughlin, Berra, Souttar, Naismith & Lafferty.  5 really strong players at this level and better than most teams can put on the pitch.  Yet we continue to look sluggish, negative, lack goals from open play and creativity on the ball.

something is not right.

Middle of the park mate

Nucky Thompson
29 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Are the signings all his fault or the manager?

How much damage was done to our scouting system under Romanov, and how do you rebuild it??

:laugh: Aye let's blame Vlad

42 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

How long has Levein been first team coach? To say he is not the answer is utterly ridiculous. I suspect most of the negative Levein haters are hobbos or have always hated Levein. Just think of the failures we could have had if it was not him.

We stick with him and let us build a team that is his.

So if we give him time and it doesn't get better will all the negative levein hater's become hearts fans 

Levein has to be given the summer and at least until Christmas, he has had to do quite a bit of rebuilding already because of Cathros mess ( Yes , Cathros!) . 

1 minute ago, jambocub said:

So if we give him time and it doesn't get better will all the negative levein hater's become hearts fans 

I’ll try again!

Edited by Dannie Boy

6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

:laugh: Aye let's blame Vlad

Ok - you don't think the infrastructure of the club - scouting, youth development, etc was decimated by the time he left?

You think Levein was out scouting for players personally or relying on other people to recommend them i.e. the management team, scouts?

Go back to posting pish on the Beast From The East thread in the shed.

Edited by frankblack

8 minutes ago, Prof said:

And U are a complete tosser if u think we are doing well. Like a lot of wee boys on this site you spout crap - unlike you I've been watching Hearts since 1961 and we are now back to the 70's . I guess being so young you won't remember then

I never said we are doing well (just now) but suggesting we haven’t progressed since Cathro left is just stupidity. Far less where we were after Romanov and what we have done in the mean time. 

so I smell Shite

Geoff Kilpatrick

Think I will watch the game first before getting the pitchforks out.

All Out Attack
13 minutes ago, Judge Fudge said:

Have to disagree with that. Jim McLean probably the most dour manager ever in Scotland produced a very attractive attacking side. You piss with the ****** you have. Let's give Levein a pre season build and judge him at the end of the year. Or take a gamble on some Johnny come lately who has a wonderful forward thinking philosophy. We've just been there and it wasn't pretty.

Just how many windows does Levein get to preside over. 

He has chosen to go with kids and dross and I'm sorry but it just hasn't worked. At a club of Hearts size and statue in Scotland, this is unacceptable. 

He imposed Cathro on us and didn't want to sack him don't forget. He clearly did not even want the managers role in the first place. Is this the man we want taking us forward. 

Our season is over, questions need to be asked over our future club direction. 

Edited by All Out Attack

I would be wonderful thing if all the hobbos that plague these threads converted to Jambos!! 

Conversely if Levein does well would the negative Hearts fans love Levein?  There are some Levein haters who would hate him and want shot no matter what he did. 

Toxteth O'Grady
1 hour ago, graygo said:

No wonder young players are quick to leave clubs like ours for the old firm if that's how they get judged as being losers.

Just stating a fact - any assumptions and judgements are yours. 

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'll give it 10 minutes....

2 minutes ago, Jenks said:

Levein has to be given the summer and at least until Christmas, he has had to do quite a bit of rebuilding already because of Cathros mess ( Yes , Cathros!) . 

He actually has some decent players at his disposal, we have a much better team than Motherwell yet he can’t get them up for it. Was same against Killie mid week we are never up for it. The best hearts sides I have seen have blown teams away first 10 mins and they have never recovered. Fans see that and respond and tynecastle is rocking. Look at Celtic game we where all over them,  it’s beginning to look a fluke like cathros rangers win. 

I would actually say say levein has better players at his disposal now yet he still can’t get them up for it and it will be a worse league finish.  I was happy to eat humble pie when levein steady the defence and we went on a run narrowly winning games.  But we have reverted back as levein always does. The football is shocking. 

I love budge for all she has done for the club and want her to stay on but she has a blind spot with levein. Season tickets are going to be hit hard next season if he is still in charge. 

I dont want levein in charge of another another rebuild I want some fresh ideas and that means the back room staff as well. 

2 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

I would be wonderful thing if all the hobbos that plague these threads converted to Jambos!! 

Conversely if Levein does well would the negative Hearts fans love Levein?  There are some Levein haters who would hate him and want shot no matter what he did. 

It doesn't make anyone a hibs fan though.granted there will be a few hibs fans on this but there's nowhere near the amount that folk make out ... Any criticism of the club  at all and it's oh hobo this n that....

Anyway it's been a long day time to chill 

It doesn't make anyone a hibs fan though.granted there will be a few hibs fans on this but there's nowhere near the amount that folk make out ... Any criticism of the club  at all and it's oh hobo this n that....

Anyway it's been a long day time to chill 

Ageed with the chilling bit ?

my brains tired?

Edited by Dannie Boy

3fingersreid
24 minutes ago, Judge Fudge said:

Have to disagree with that. Jim McLean probably the most dour manager ever in Scotland produced a very attractive attacking side. You piss with the ****** you have. Let's give Levein a pre season build and judge him at the end of the year. Or take a gamble on some Johnny come lately who has a wonderful forward thinking philosophy. We've just been there and it wasn't pretty.

Jim McLeans team we’re nippy , gritty and not frightened to challenge the old firm and Aberdeen , I get the impression McLean himself was frightened off no challenge . As I said a reflection of himself . Look at JJ’s team , look at Doddies team or for the other side look at cathros . 

Geoff Kilpatrick
20 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

I'll give it 10 minutes....

Ha! No time this morning.

Sandy Clark
39 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Skip the first half mate!

buzzbomb1958

Levien is a dinosaur get shot now ,season is over start moving, new manager required but everybody seems to think the sun shines out his arse,new people are needed at this club to take us forward eg scouting system which has been shit for 3 season's many might think Levein is the Messiah but I'm sorry I can't wait till he's gone

Judge Fudge
7 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Jim McLeans team we’re nippy , gritty and not frightened to challenge the old firm and Aberdeen , I get the impression McLean himself was frightened off no challenge . As I said a reflection of himself . Look at JJ’s team , look at Doddies team or for the other side look at cathros . 

I don't believe Levein is frightened of anyone, nippy and gritty is pretty much all he has made us so far. Clean sheets still unbeaten at tynecastle. Doddle and jjs teams didn't hit the heights immediately. 

1 hour ago, All Out Attack said:

Just how many windows does Levein get to preside over. 

He has chosen to go with kids and dross and I'm sorry but it just hasn't worked. At a club of Hearts size and statue in Scotland, this is unacceptable. 

He imposed Cathro on us and didn't want to sack him don't forget. He clearly did not even want the managers role in the first place. Is this the man we want taking us forward. 

Our season is over, questions need to be asked over our future club direction. 

Has presided over many a shambles last couple of years. Sits in a different seat currently, however the horrific duds we've signed all have his sign off as DOF. Couple the duds with the likes of Amankwaa getting 18 month deal but still not fit 6 weeks after arriving makes us look like we've not got a clue the majority of the time

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Ok - you don't think the infrastructure of the club - scouting, youth development, etc was decimated by the time he left?

You think Levein was out scouting for players personally or relying on other people to recommend them i.e. the management team, scouts?

Go back to posting pish on the Beast From The East thread in the shed.

Aye that Rudi Skacel was piss poor scouting under the VR regime

3fingersreid
59 minutes ago, Judge Fudge said:

I don't believe Levein is frightened of anyone, nippy and gritty is pretty much all he has made us so far. Clean sheets still unbeaten at tynecastle. Doddle and jjs teams didn't hit the heights immediately. 

What I'm saying is at the minute were dour to watch , hard to beat yes but not always easy to watch and dour is how I see CL , that's not a criticism btw it's how I see him and us .

4 hours ago, swanvestas said:

Why was Godinho playing ? Because he had a good x6 month in the scottish 2nd division, so fire him straight in for the scottish cup quarter final, what is that about ?  Callachan has done next to nothing for us, jambo or not.  The use of the squad is baffling. 

3 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Bottom 6 still looms

3 hours ago, Ministry said:

Even Steven Thompson said before the game Motherwells tactic is to get the ball wide quickly. So rather than play a back 4 we play a back 3 with no full backs. 

Playing three at the back today when we had no left-footed option was strange.

2 hours ago, Smith&Weston said:

McLaughlin, Berra, Souttar, Naismith & Lafferty.  5 really strong players at this level and better than most teams can put on the pitch.  Yet we continue to look sluggish, negative, lack goals from open play and creativity on the ball.

something is not right.

I said earlier that we have a pretty good team on paper, particularly the spine. Unfortunately, our midfielders and arguably Naismith have flattered to deceive. I leave Lafferty out due to his impressive scoring record.

2 hours ago, jambali said:

Careful what you wish for... Austin MacPhee is next...

The "genius" behind Northern Ireland's success, so I'm told.

dellboy1971
On 28/10/2017 at 16:20, Huguenot said:

Levein never wanted it in the first place. He was told he was taking it.

Quit then put proper manager back in then

HillmanHearts

I'm in the pro-Levein camp generally.

But it is starting to concern me that despite the international class players we have in the squad we just can't seem to play in a consistently fluent manner. 

We don't attack as a unit. It's fragmented and sometimes actually painful to watch.

Pretty shit season to be honest.

buzzbomb1958

Please get that kid on manager out ,our club has done nothing but regress since he arrived Please piss off levein as long as you are there ain't buying a season ticketgo away please

All Out Attack
1 minute ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Please get that kid on manager out ,our club has done nothing but regress since he arrived Please piss off levein as long as you are there ain't buying a season ticketgo away please

I feel your pain. 

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Aye that Rudi Skacel was piss poor scouting under the VR regime

He was one of about 60 trialists.  The majority were the likes of Barasa, Kurskis, and Klimek.

Also the money thrown at these players is well outwith our budget post Admin.

Judge Fudge
59 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

What I'm saying is at the minute were dour to watch , hard to beat yes but not always easy to watch and dour is how I see CL , that's not a criticism btw it's how I see him and us .

Get what your saying the midfield is the issue. Levein first time round as manager wasn't dour or negative. We never gave up and he gave us some great memories. We need to give him the chance to do it again. There's a template in place, I would rather he took that on than some potential messiah that turns out a dud. Whether some of us like it or not just now, he knows the club inside out. I won't change my mind on that on any one result.

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

He was one of about 60 trialists.  The majority were the likes of Barasa, Kurskis, and Klimek.

Also the money thrown at these players is well outwith our budget post Admin.

Rudi was burleys first signing and I'm pretty sure I'm right in saying he knew all about him and that there was no trial

sandylejambo

at this moment in time, I hate Levein, the last three games are what I expected from his teams, but when he humped Celtic and knocked Hibs out the cup he was the greatest thing since sliced bread, there are to many negatives with this guy, no continuity and no reason to who he introduces next, Malinkavic must be wondering whats coming next, I know I am.

Enzo Chiefo
29 minutes ago, HillmanHearts said:

I'm in the pro-Levein camp generally.

But it is starting to concern me that despite the international class players we have in the squad we just can't seem to play in a consistently fluent manner. 

We don't attack as a unit. It's fragmented and sometimes actually painful to watch.

Pretty shit season to be honest.

The inability to string 2 passes together in that first half was concerning, given that was our biggest game of the season. We looked disjointed and unprepared, long punts up to Lafferty with nobody pushing up in support. Our coaching staff are not learning from one game to the next. The same mistakes are repeated week after week and I genuinely wonder what we actually do on a daily basis up at Riccarton. We need to rip up the plan and appoint a Jack Ross or Steve Clarke type, with full autonomy on first team matters.

23 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

:cornette:

11 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

at this moment in time, I hate Levein, the last three games are what I expected from his teams, but when he humped Celtic and knocked Hibs out the cup he was the greatest thing since sliced bread, there are to many negatives with this guy, no continuity and no reason to who he introduces next, Malinkavic must be wondering whats coming next, I know I am.

The Milinkovic situation is defo weird. He is one of our best players yet seems to be benched half the time. 

3fingersreid
8 minutes ago, Judge Fudge said:

Get what your saying the midfield is the issue. Levein first time round as manager wasn't dour or negative. We never gave up and he gave us some great memories. We need to give him the chance to do it again. There's a template in place, I would rather he took that on than some potential messiah that turns out a dud. Whether some of us like it or not just now, he knows the club inside out. I won't change my mind on that on any one result.

At no point have I said he should go on the back of this result , what I will say is for the first 20 mins of the second half we attacked ,not only putting doubts into the opposition players but it allowed our defence breathing space and that decision was made by Levein . I want him to be braver and have a go more often. The first half performance was nothing short of disgraceful and we got what we deserved in that period , the second much much better . I don’t expect to win every game , it’s only our 3rd defeat in 17 games? but I do expect us to go and try and win every game , (with the probable exception of the old firm) . 4,500 thousand Hearts fans made it in effect a home game and we should’ve used that to our advantage but caution was obviously the tactic at the start  ,but the shambles that was the first 10 mins put paid to that . 

We also need a settled team , too many changes too often for me .

Judge Fudge
5 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

At no point have I said he should go on the back of this result , what I will say is for the first 20 mins of the second half we attacked ,not only putting doubts into the opposition players but it allowed our defence breathing space and that decision was made by Levein . I want him to be braver and have a go more often. The first half performance was nothing short of disgraceful and we got what we deserved in that period , the second much much better . I don’t expect to win every game , it’s only our 3rd defeat in 17 games? but I do expect us to go and try and win every game , (with the probable exception of the old firm) . 4,500 thousand Hearts fans made it in effect a home game and we should’ve used that to our advantage but caution was obviously the tactic at the start  ,but the shambles that was the first 10 mins put paid to that . 

We also need a settled team , too many changes too often for me .

The start didn't help I agree, but the original plan was hardly negative. The settled team will hopefully come.we went three on three at the back from the start that's not negative it just didn't work today. 

4 hours ago, Hendricks said:

Since Levein made his debut for Hearts in 1983 (35 years ago) the following 15 clubs in Scotland have won one of the 3 major trophies........Levein has won diddly squat. He simply does not have a winners mentality, he does not have the philosophy or the belief to go and attack and try to win. His MO is safety first and a lets not lose first thought process. We will never win a thing with him in charge.

Celtic

Rangers

Hearts

Aberdeen

Hibs 

Dundee Utd

Kilmarnock 

Motherwell

Kilmarnock

ICT

Raith Rovers

Livingston

St Mirren

Ross County

St Johnstone

You surely can't blame him for Hearts not winning anything when he played for the club because if you can then you can hardly blame him for it as the manager.  That takes care of the years 1983 to 1997.

3 years at Cowdenbeath, did you expect him to win any of the 3 major trophies with them?  The years 1997 to 2000 taken care of.

4 years as Hearts manager - yep didn't win anything.

2 years at Leicester City, no chance of winning any of the 3 major trophies in Scotland. That's 2004 to 2006 taken care of.

3 years with Dundee Utd (and a short spell at Raith), Didn't win anything but did get his team to the cup final before leaving for the national job such was the high regard he was held in. Hardly a time of failure.

Since 2012 he has been a manager for this season, less than a full season.

To sum up in the 35 years you claim he has failed to win any of the 3 major trophies he's only had the chance to win one in 7 of them.

1 minute ago, graygo said:

You surely can't blame him for Hearts not winning anything when he played for the club because if you can then you can hardly blame him for it as the manager.  That takes care of the years 1983 to 1997.

3 years at Cowdenbeath, did you expect him to win any of the 3 major trophies with them?  The years 1997 to 2000 taken care of.

4 years as Hearts manager - yep didn't win anything.

2 years at Leicester City, no chance of winning any of the 3 major trophies in Scotland. That's 2004 to 2006 taken care of.

3 years with Dundee Utd (and a short spell at Raith), Didn't win anything but did get his team to the cup final before leaving for the national job such was the high regard he was held in. Hardly a time of failure.

Since 2012 he has been a manager for this season, less than a full season.

To sum up in the 35 years you claim he has failed to win any of the 3 major trophies he's only had the chance to win one in 7 of them.

By your criteria half the teams on the list should never have when anything either then!!!

3 hours ago, Homme said:

Get Murty in when he is released at the end of the season.

What has he won.

4 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

By your criteria half the teams on the list should never have when anything either then!!!

And by your criteria every manager that did win something is a better manager than Craig Levein.

• cosanostra locked this topic