Levein is not the answer ( merged )

Hood09

1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

Our central defence is sound ? Have you watched the last 4 goals that we've lost ?

We have a free kick taker. Who ? Lafferty who has taken one free kick in his entire life that found the target ?

Our corners are very dangerous ?  Yeh I noticed us scoring all the time from our corners right enough.

Real Madrid conceded 3 goals last night are you saying their defence isn't sound.

Somebody that kicks the ball in the net from a free kick is indeed a free kick taker.

Yes, our corners are well delivered into the box and cause the opposition problems.

Can't wait for Sunday tbh.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• soonbe110

• Hendricks

• Escobar PHM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Oliver Twist said:

You watch a different game from me though. I look at the good points. We have a quality free kick taker, our corners are very dangerous. Goalkeeper is sound. Central defense is sound. We have decent striking options.

Midfield is weak but the young guys are getting valuable game time which will only improve them over time. I'm far from worried, season ahead should be quite exciting in actual fact.

Quite a few Hearts fans are watching a different game from you.  If we do not get our act together, this season could indeed be "exciting" - but not for the reasons you think.

Also, see these "decent striking options" you refer to - are you including Stockton, who so far resembles Sammon with hair?

10 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

So we have had a (highly rewarded) Director of Football for 3-4 years, by all accounts a man who controls everything in the football department and nothing gets passed him, but he somehow isn't responsible in any way for the current state of the playing squad. That's all down to a previous head coach that he appointed and who had carte blanche to sign whoever he wanted, as did the previous head coach ( yeh right !!). I don't suppose he bears any responsibility for appointing Cathro and handing him the cheque book and closing his door either though. Maybe it was Ann's fault ?

Calm down love don’t get so excited, I’ve already said Levein back the previous head coaches regarding player recruitment but they are their players not his. He carries some responsibility yes but the majority is with the coaches. Yep he appointed the coaches, 1 worked 1 didn’t but the one that didn’t had a lot of people excited at the time of appointment. I’m just saying Levein isn’t doing that bad and he has a proven track record at managing at this level. 

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Quite a few Hearts fans are watching a different game from you.  If we do not get our act together, this season could indeed be "exciting" - but not for the reasons you think.

Also, see these "decent striking options" you refer to - are you including Stockton, who so far resembles Sammon with hair?

Not seen enough of Stockton to make a balanced judgement. And yes he's just like Sammon,  paired at birth....ffs

:rofl:

4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Calm down love don’t get so excited, I’ve already said Levein back the previous head coaches regarding player recruitment but they are their players not his. He carries some responsibility yes but the majority is with the coaches. Yep he appointed the coaches, 1 worked 1 didn’t but the one that didn’t had a lot of people excited at the time of appointment. I’m just saying Levein isn’t doing that bad and he has a proven track record at managing at this level. 

It wasn't just a case on 1 didn't work - his appointment of Cathro was a disaster and has set the Club back on it's heels!

1 minute ago, Oliver Twist said:

Not seen enough of Stockton to make a balanced judgement. And yes he's just like Sammon,  paired at birth....ffs

:rofl:

OK Laughing Boy if you haven't seen enough of Stockton then we can all discount your opinion of him.

I'll ask again - see these "decent striking options" - what are they?

11 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

It wasn't just a case on 1 didn't work - his appointment of Cathro was a disaster and has set the Club back on it's heels!

It was was a disaster but at the time the vast majority backed this and were quite excited. As I said it didn’t work out. 

8 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

OK Laughing Boy if you haven't seen enough of Stockton then we can all discount your opinion of him.

Lafferty, Goncalves, Currie and Stockton.

Lafferty and Isma with a notable haul so far as well.

Looking forward to them banging in a few more as well this season.

2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

It was was a disaster but at the time the vast majority backed this and were quite excited. As I said it didn’t work out. 

"The vast majority" of Hearts fans backed the appointment in the face of criticism from the media, and also on the basis that they backed Levein's judgement as he was the only guy who knew Cathro.

Levein's judgement has been found to be flawed.

3 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Lafferty, Goncalves, Currie and Stockton.

Lafferty and Isma with a notable haul so far as well.

Looking forward to them banging in a few more as well this season.

Our main strikers are Lafferty and Goncalves.

The (quote) "decent striking options" to these two are a young raw boy, and a big immobile striker we picked up from the depths in England who is so bad our management limit him to cameo appearances in the last few minutes of games.

Aye...great options!

:whistling:

9 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

"The vast majority" of Hearts fans backed the appointment in the face of criticism from the media, and also on the basis that they backed Levein's judgement as he was the only guy who knew Cathro.

Levein's judgement has been found to be flawed.

On that occasion yes, we are saying the same thing mate and it’s getting boring. 

Section G The Place To Be

Clearly this thread is proving we have a good amount of Kickback armchair fans. Anyone that thinks we have a good squad of players and is not concerned by the current form and how we are playing obviously doesn't go to games. In fact most likely they couldn't find Tynecastle (Or Murrayfield) even if they were dropped off on Russell Road 30 minutes before kick off. Really is no point even trying to educate these people. 

Edited by Section G The Place To Be

46 minutes ago, Dazo said:

On that occasion yes, we are saying the same thing mate and it’s getting worrying

STFY

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Are you suggesting that for allowing a complete novice a free hand to sign players Levein carries only" some responsibility".Its his budget his department and there is such a thing as supervising advising and monitoring.The players are as much Leveins players as anybodys and its now up to him to sort it  hopefully by getting  some good results in the coming weeks .

19 minutes ago, Section G The Place To Be said:

Clearly this thread is proving we have a good amount of Kickback armchair fans. Anyone that thinks we have a good squad of players and is not concerned by the current form and how we are playing obviously doesn't go to games. In fact most likely they couldn't find Tynecastle (Or Murrayfield) even if they were dropped off on Russell Road 30 minutes before kick off. Really is no point even trying to educate these people. 

I really hope your talking about me.

And I'll ask again all those who are expressing this deep worry can you maybe add some constructive solutions. 

I go to most games so I guess that allows me an opinion... we need the injuries to clear up quickly and fortunately we have a transfer window. So there's two clear points that'll improve us, despite what you think Levein will bring in the necessary quality for his team. We also have a long run of home games. 

We've heard this relegation chat already this season and despite sensible contributions on the reasons there was no chance of it happening the same drum was banged for weeks. We then picked up points and suddenly the focus switched to Levien style and it's obvious there's more than a handful on here who are desperate for him to fail.

Yes, we're in a poor position and yes a degree of finger pointed at Levein is merited but he's now bang in line for all critics and I'm confident he's the man to steer us through.

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Calm down love don’t get so excited,

I'm not excited. I'm the polar opposite of excited

6 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

And I'll ask again all those who are expressing this deep worry can you maybe add some constructive solutions. 

I go to most games so I guess that allows me an opinion... we need the injuries to clear up quickly and fortunately we have a transfer window. So there's two clear points that'll improve us, despite what you think Levein will bring in the necessary quality for his team. We also have a long run of home games. 

We've heard this relegation chat already this season and despite sensible contributions on the reasons there was no chance of it happening the same drum was banged for weeks. We then picked up points and suddenly the focus switched to Levien style and it's obvious there's more than a handful on here who are desperate for him to fail.

Yes, we're in a poor position and yes a degree of finger pointed at Levein is merited but he's now bang in line for all critics and I'm confident he's the man to steer us through.

Care to name names - because NO Hearts fans want Levein (and therefore our team) to fail.

13 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

How do you get time off from MI6's Interrogation Team to come on here?

I couldn't possibly divulge that sort of imformation as it's classified. :thumbsup:

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Gambo said:

Did Cathro have a sub standard squad and injuries?

Cathro got beat of Peterhead and finished behind them and Dunfermline in a league set up.

Cl is 7th in the top flight, not having played a game at Tynecastle.

Your comparison is Humpty.

2 hours ago, Dazo said:

How do you know the vast majority backed Cathro. Did you conduct a poll of 18k of Hearts fans.

What is more likely is that a number of poster on kickback were prepared to give the guy a chance and lets face it we never had any choice.

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

You can't name anybody because you just don't know who wants Levein to fail. I am just sick because he's messing up. 

All he's proving is that he and his bootroom are just not good enough.

10 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

How do you know the vast majority backed Cathro. Did you conduct a poll of 18k of Hearts fans.

What is more likely is that a number of poster on kickback were prepared to give the guy a chance and lets face it we never had any choice.

Nailed it Davy.

28 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I think the truth is, if memory serves me right, is that the majority(vast or otherwise) thought that Cathro was a gamble of sorts. Some said a worthwhile gamble, others thought an unnecessary gamble, others thought it was a ludicrous gamble. I'm not sure that many thought it was a solid low risk appointment, which we could have made, and on reflection, certainly should have made. I'm willing to bet Levein regrets it every day just now because, as far as he personally is concerned, its pushed him into the dangerous zone as far as retaining his future employment with Hearts is concerned.

Edited by Escobar PHM

35 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Cathro got beat of Peterhead and finished behind them and Dunfermline in a league set up.

Cl is 7th in the top flight, not having played a game at Tynecastle.

Your comparison is Humpty.

Top 6 finish with a team of loanees 

Ps I'm not defending Cathro.

Edited by Gambo

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

We’ll be poor this season but I’ve no doubt we’ll pick up enough pints to be top half. Hopefully levein can get one or two in/out in january to help with the rebuild in the summer. We aren’t seeing good football this season so if that’s what youre looking for you may want to go elsewhere.

16 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

We’ll be poor this season but I’ve no doubt we’ll pick up enough pints to be top half. Hopefully levein can get one or two in/out in january to help with the rebuild in the summer. We aren’t seeing good football this season so if that’s what youre looking for you may want to go elsewhere.

:dribble:

4 hours ago, Thomaso said:

I think he has been watching the current Hibs team!

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Top 6 finish with a team of loanees 

Ps I'm not defending Cathro.

Aye, Cathro propelled us to a top six finish... From 2nd place.

He was 5th, nae bad for his first season....

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Escobar PHM said:

I think the truth is, if memory serves me right, is that the majority(vast or otherwise) thought that Cathro was a gamble of sorts. Some said a worthwhile gamble, others thought an unnecessary gamble, others thought it was a ludicrous gamble. I'm not sure that many thought it was a solid low risk appointment, which we could have made, and on reflection, certainly should have made. I'm willing to bet Levein regrets it every day just now because, as far as he personally is concerned, its pushed him into the dangerous zone as far as retaining his future employment with Hearts is concerned.

Good point, cl has more at stake than anyone else on here.

39 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Toshy getting a wee pro Robbie point in there I see...... 2nd place....... aye we were firmly established in 2nd place with a great balanced squad. No end of natural left sided players to boot 

We're all feeling yer man love for Robbie though Toshy 

45 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Only quoted that to someone singing Leveins praises for having us 7th.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Toshy getting a wee pro Robbie point in there I see...... 2nd place....... aye we were firmly established in 2nd place with a great balanced squad. No end of natural left sided players to boot 

We're all feeling yer man love for Robbie though Toshy 

Ok.

3rd place then., Whatever makes you feel better.

Not the the point of the reply, 2nd, 3rd, we ended up 5th

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Gambo said:

Only quoted that to someone singing Leveins praises for having us 7th.

7th, having not played at Tynecastle and the season isn't finished yet.

Not a great comparison.

5 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

I imagine because Levein isn't daft and realised his performance as head coach would be under severe scrutiny and that he might fail, given the current state of the squad, that he agreed to switch posts but with the protection of a contract that will have to be paid out if we are ditching him at any time.

Does that not counter your argument about him being told  to take it and AB having the power? If as you say CL demanded 3 years it would mean that CL and not AB are calling the shots!

10 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

7th, having not played at Tynecastle and the season isn't finished yet.

Not a great comparison.

Tynecastle is a red herring in all this Tosh 

It wouldn't matter where games were played right now. The squad is chronic and the tactical approach is as bad 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Tynecastle is a red herring in all this Tosh 

It wouldn't matter where games were played right now. The squad is chronic and the tactical approach is as bad 

Time will tell.

30 years of going to games would say to me different as would our home v away form.

But, aye you must be right, we are chronic, cl is shit and we'll be relegated.

There you go.

5 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Time will tell.

30 years of going to games would say to me different as would our home v away form.

But, aye you must be right, we are chronic, cl is shit and we'll be relegated.

There you go.

I'll pick your toys up and put them back in your pram Tosh 

I didn't say we'd be relegated. But it's a helluva mess.

I presume you a portion blame for our woes squarely with Cathro? 

Edited by Spencer
Typo

3 hours ago, mitch41 said:

You can't name anybody because you just don't know who wants Levein to fail. I am just sick because he's messing up. 

All he's proving is that he and his bootroom are just not good enough.

So all you care about is who on JKB wants CL to fail? Strange.

So in your opinion they're not good enough...so genius what do you suggest?

3 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Because the default position for football fans is to be behind their team and manager and there was very little to suggest that wasn't the case

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Because the default position for football fans is to be behind their team and manager and there was very little to suggest that wasn't the case

As fans of course we support our team and want them to do well but that does not mean that we are happy with managerial/coaching appointments which was my take on the post I replied to.

15 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

As fans of course we support our team and want them to do well but that does not mean that we are happy with managerial/coaching appointments which was my take on the post I replied to.

You're asking the guy to explain why he thinks the majority were behind the manager though. The answer is because that's what fans do, it's up to you to prove why you reckon the majority weren't behind him IMO 

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You're asking the guy to explain why he thinks the majority were behind the manager though. The answer is because that's what fans do, it's up to you to prove why you reckon the majority weren't behind him IMO 

Yip.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Spencer said:

I'll pick your toys up and put them back in your pram Tosh 

I didn't say we'd be relegated. But it's a helluva mess.

I presume you a portion blame for our woes squarely with Cathro? 

It's tiresome defending Hearts on here.

Many have said it is the worst Hearts team in 20/30 years, so by default they would need to be relagated to support Thier statement.

Cathro reversed the progress that was made under Robbie. 3rd v 5th.

Cl now needs to improve on that.

Simple numbers really.

MacDonald Jardine
3 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

That's right. 

Then the likes of Boyd and Craigen opened their mouths, the wagons were circled and Cathro became a modern football genius. 

MacDonald Jardine
6 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Many have said it is the worst Hearts team in 20/30 years, so by default they would need to be relagated to support Thier statement.

Simple numbers really.

Worst is not necessarily the same as least successful. 

And with Rangers and Hibs back the league is stronger now than in Robbie's time.

14 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Simple numbers really.

There's nothing simple about our situation. Its a mess. As for being tiresome having to defend Hearts on here - nobody with genuine affection for the club wants to be scathing about football matters. 

It's galling to go down to Easter Road again and be comprehensively second best against a Hibs which has just spent 3 years in second tier, yet they've emerged in far stronger shape than us despite us being promoted 2 years ahead of them.

I'm not basing my assessment of us against Hibs specifically, as I know this is something you love to point out.

I'm perplexed as to how it's possible we've become such a shambles and how therefore CL has been rewarded by having an even tighter grip on football matters

AB needs to be careful not to reward failure 

Edited by Spencer
Typo

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Spencer said:

There's nothing simple about our situation. Its a mess. As for being tiresome having to defend Hearts on here - nobody with genuine affection for the club wants to be scathing about football matters. 

It's galling to go down to Easter Road again and be comprehensively second best against a Hibs which has just spent 3 years in second tier, yet they've emerged in far stronger shape than us despite us being promoted 2 years ahead of them.

I'm not basing my assessment of us against Hibs specifically, as I know this is something you love to point out.

I'm perplexed as to how it's possible we've become such a shambles and how therefore CL has been rewarded by having an even tighter grip on football matters

AB needs to be careful not to reward failure 

This is the thing, you last sentence is wrong.

Again

1st

3rd

5th

?- 

Although not great, hardly a failure.

You want cl out, I get it.

The thing is, no one cares, he's staying so you'd be better getting behind the team and if you have concerns, air them in a far more controlled and balanced way.

Do yourself a favour, take a step back, enjoy the new stand and get behind what cl is doing.if not your in for a shite time.

MacDonald Jardine
14 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

This is the thing, you last sentence is wrong.

Again

1st

3rd

5th

?- 

Although not great, hardly a failure.

You want cl out, I get it.

The thing is, no one cares, he's staying so you'd be better getting behind the team and if you have concerns, air them in a far more controlled and balanced way.

Do yourself a favour, take a step back, enjoy the new stand and get behind what cl is doing.if not your in for a shite time.

And what if ? Is 11th or 12th?

4 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

And what if ? Is 11th or 12th?

Go and have a pint on a Saturday and enjoy it!

Toshy has failed to comprehend that we're debt free now which slightly changes the landscape of the comparisons he wishes to make

Sit back and enjoy the next batch of Oshinawa's and Martin's as big Craig is here to stay :thumbsup:

• cosanostra locked this topic