Levein is not the answer ( merged )

Hood09

7 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Celtic will be looking for at least a Striker and a centre half which will be crucial to their exploits in the Europa, they may even lose a player or two.

Aberdeen could well be in turmoil with a new manager and potentially players following suit. Could be s crucial time.

The other clubs will always be looking to bolster squads at a crucial part of the season if expectations are to remain top six.

I expect the bottom six teams to attempt to strengthen at a crucial time off the season to avoid a scrap as well.

All basic football stuff and not that difficult to understand.

The point that you continue to ignore is - our horrendous signing policy over the last 3 windows means that we have totally failed to build a team.  We sign shite in one window, bump them in the next window, and sign more shite.....repeat......

I hope that is simple enough for you to "understand".

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• soonbe110

• Hendricks

• Escobar PHM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

We are even too powder puff to even win games at home ,every team below us smells the blood in the water and they will up their game where we can't,we won't beat anyone above us in the table not with the team we have,I'm afraid we are in bigger trouble than people think.

doomed.jpg.9efad14b95f67dbdfade2bf10c7b35ce.jpg

Just now, Thomaso said:

The point that you continue to ignore is - our horrendous signing policy over the last 3 windows means that we have totally failed to build a team.  We sign shite in one window, bump them in the next window, and sign more shite.....repeat......

It's you that's on repeat mate.

I like seeing new players as it happens.

33 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

We are even too powder puff to even win games at home ,every team below us smells the blood in the water and they will up their game where we can't,we won't beat anyone above us in the table not with the team we have,I'm afraid we are in bigger trouble than people think.

Based on 3 homes games so far, draw, win, loss.  

1 minute ago, TexasAndy said:

Based on the football we are playing ,why we went the levien route is beyond me his football last time round was excruciating to watch and nothing has changed,we are in for a long hard season no matter who or where we play

38 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Last three windows we have had three different first team coaches. No surprise that we have player turnover. They haven’t  all been bad signings either. 

Edited by soonbe110

15 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

We haven’t played any home games yet. 9 away games and 3 at a neutral venue. Even Rangers players and fans are saying they felt last Sat was like playing at Hampden. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Last three windows we have had three different first team coaches. No surprise that we have player turnover. They haven’t  all been bad signings either. 

Just to save him boring the tits of you, his reply will be that big bad Craig Levein the biggest badass the world has ever seen was around and in possibly probable maybe total control over all the signings therefore he's a steaming jobby.

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

We haven’t played any home games yet. 9 away games and 3 at a neutral venue. Even Rangers players and fans are saying they felt last Sat was like playing at Hampden. 

It's the style of play and the lack of basics that are the concern. We can hardly string 3 worthwhile passes together against a decent team. The opposition always pass and move much better than us. Our players look like they are going through the motions. We are the only team that has wingers that don't take anyone on. The centre midfield is the worst in the League. People thinking we are going to go on a run at Tynecastle are deluded IMO

3 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

It's the style of play and the lack of basics that are the concern. We can hardly string 3 worthwhile passes together against a decent team. The opposition always pass and move much better than us. Our players look like they are going through the motions. We are the only team that has wingers that don't take anyone on. The centre midfield is the worst in the League. People thinking we are going to go on a run at Tynecastle are deluded IMO

Bang on the money

13 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

We don’t have any wingers. That’s one of the big issues. Walkers legs have gone so his days haring down the wing are gone. Not sure what Milinkovic is. He certainly doesnt seem to want to play wide. 

3 hours ago, Gambo said:

First 8 league games under Cathro = 10 points.

First 8 League games under Levein = 11 points.

Not the big improvement is it. (Cathro had both old firm away and Rangers at home)

I may have done this wrong, but to do a slightly more relevant comparison, I've taken the points from Cathro's first three home games and first five away games.  And add to this that our first three home games under Levein have been at Murrayfield:

First 8 league games under Cathro = 5 points

First 8 league games under Levein = 11 points

Viewed like that, it's significant improvement.  And not quite so much boom.

Football's been gash, though - no arguments from me, there.

1 hour ago, Oliver Twist said:

Just to save him boring the tits of you, his reply will be that big bad Craig Levein the biggest badass the world has ever seen was around and in possibly probable maybe total control over all the signings therefore he's a steaming jobby.

:orly?:

2 hours ago, Oliver Twist said:

It's you that's on repeat mate.

I like seeing new players as it happens.

I'm pleased for you - because another mass clear out could be on the cards in January, mate.

Edited by Thomaso

1 hour ago, Haken said:

I may have done this wrong, but to do a slightly more relevant comparison, I've taken the points from Cathro's first three home games and first five away games.  And add to this that our first three home games under Levein have been at Murrayfield:

First 8 league games under Cathro = 5 points

First 8 league games under Levein = 11 points

Viewed like that, it's significant improvement.  And not quite so much boom.

Football's been gash, though - no arguments from me, there.

Then we could get silly and say tbf to Cathro 2 of his away games were v the old firm, Leveins has been Hibs and bottom 4.

But you are correct, football has been gash.

36 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I'm pleased for you - because another mass clear out could be on the cards in January, mate.

He won't care, he doesn't even mind Hearts getting beat.

21 minutes ago, Gambo said:

What a silly thing to say.

16 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

Michael Stewart has a habit of being horribly wrong or horribly right. Identifying the loss of Walker as the  game changer is laughable by Levein. 

Levein looked rather uncomfortable when he said that in his interview. It was almost apologetic the way he said it and looked at the interviewer as if to gauge whether he bought it or not.

On 10/31/2017 at 14:44, Escobar PHM said:

I'm suggesting that his job title is still director of football and that's what he is remunerated for and that alone. Ann Budge decided that position came with a seat on the board, the main reason being presumably that no one else on the board had football knowledge and experience and he did.

I'm not sure if he has voting rights or even shares. Board member or not, there are no barriers to getting rid of him apart from what he needs as a pay off.

His title might still be DOF but this article suggests otherwise.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6160

9 hours ago, Gambo said:

First 8 league games under Cathro = 10 points.

First 8 League games under Levein = 11 points.

Not the big improvement is it. (Cathro had both old firm away and Rangers at home)

C'mon, stop that Gambo.  You can prove anything with facts.

8 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Levein looked rather uncomfortable when he said that in his interview. It was almost apologetic the way he said it and looked at the interviewer as if to gauge whether he bought it or not.

How do you get time off from MI6's Interrogation Team to come on here?

8 hours ago, Gambo said:

You are becoming a parody of Michael Stewart.

You aren't, are you. (Or his wee cousin?)

7 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

You are becoming a parody of Michael Stewart.

You aren't, are you. (Or his wee cousin?)

Like Michael Stewart I am saying we are not playing well in vast majority of games.

Are you disagreeing with that?

6 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Like Michael Stewart I am saying we are not playing well in vast majority of games.

Are you disagreeing with that?

Like Michael Stewart you have a go at Levein win, lose or draw. You points become irrelevant when you are clearly so bias. 

To answer your question no we aren’t playing well but we have a lot of injuries and a sub standard squad for where we want to be. Levein has proved himself to be a very good manager in this league when he signs the players he wants. Yes he has backed the previous managers regarding players but they are not his players or his squad. He deserves more time and for us to get back to tynecastle 

10 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Like Michael Stewart you have a go at Levein win, lose or draw. You points become irrelevant when you are clearly so bias. 

To answer your question no we aren’t playing well but we have a lot of injuries and a sub standard squad for where we want to be. Levein has proved himself to be a very good manager in this league when he signs the players he wants. Yes he has backed the previous managers regarding players but they are not his players or his squad. He deserves more time and for us to get back to tynecastle 

I just read excuses, excuses, excuses. It is his job to work with the players at his disposal now.

For the record, I praised Levein for changing things v Aberdeen for an hour, I have praised our few wins, I have criticised poor performances.  Can't really see what else I should be saying tbh. 

19 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Based on the football we are playing ,why we went the levien route is beyond me his football last time round was excruciating to watch and nothing has changed,we are in for a long hard season no matter who or where we play

There was nothing excruciating about watching De Vries, Valois, Stamp etc.  We played attacking football at home.  Maybe away was different but I think the years tend to cloud people's memories.

No it wasn't.

This is a complete myth which seems to have sprouted arms and legs from what happened with Scotland. We played good stuff under Levein first time round. Yes there were some away games where we set up not to get beat, but I can name multiple games managed (and players signed) by Levein which were the exact opposite. He actually only set up in a negative manner where it made sense. Bordeaux away as an example. 

Thats revisionist bullshit, under Levein we were no such thing as excruciating, at times we played some excellent football and in other games where it was a scrap we used to fight tooth and nail..

His record against the OF was shocking however.

Edited by Jamboelite

40 minutes ago, Dazo said:

It's hardly biased to point out we're shite. Surely that's point of fact, no? 

Wait until Sunday. Berra pumping it diagonally to Laff who'll be 40 yards from nearest Hearts man. It'll be magic 

8 minutes ago, Spencer said:

You'll have yer heid in the sand at the time so I wouldn't worry 

I'll be at the  game supporting the team and won't be worrying, thankyou for your concern.

Edited by Oliver Twist

3 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

I'll be at the  game supporting the team and won't be worrying, thankyou for your concern.

I think you and I plus several thousand others are likely to be very worried on Sunday because there is nothing at all to suggest the same inevitable approach will deliver a different outcome 

10 minutes ago, Spencer said:

It's hardly biased to point out we're shite. Surely that's point of fact, no? 

Wait until Sunday. Berra pumping it diagonally to Laff who'll be 40 yards from nearest Hearts man. It'll be magic 

No that isn’t bias but Gambo clearly is and doesn’t like Levein. No one is saying it’s magic I don’t know why you doom mongerers have to deal in extremes. 

On 10/31/2017 at 12:06, Escobar PHM said:

If Levein was the power base there, he wouldn't have taken a job he clearly stated he didn't want just a few months before and repeated often before that.

The fact that he is now in that job tells you who's wielding the power at Hearts surely ?

I think she put him in the last chance saloon and she'll fire him if this doesn't work.

If this is the case (and I certainly hope it is), why would AB give him a 3 year contract?

On 10/28/2017 at 21:10, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Yes it's obvious he was told to take it. Ann Budge is probably privately fuming at the guy for the predicament we're currently in.

She no doubt is,  he'll be held personally responsible for injuries to 4 key midfield players, and rightly so.

47 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I just read excuses, excuses, excuses. It is his job to work with the players at his disposal now.

For the record, I praised Levein for changing things v Aberdeen for an hour, I have praised our few wins, I have criticised poor performances.  Can't really see what else I should be saying tbh. 

Ok you win we haven’t got a sub standard squad and we haven’t got injuries. :stupid_post:

15 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Ok you win we haven’t got a sub standard squad and we haven’t got injuries. :stupid_post:

Did Cathro have a sub standard squad and injuries?

18 minutes ago, Spencer said:

I think you and I plus several thousand others are likely to be very worried on Sunday because there is nothing at all to suggest the same inevitable approach will deliver a different outcome 

You watch a different game from me though. I look at the good points. We have a quality free kick taker, our corners are very dangerous. Goalkeeper is sound. Central defense is sound. We have decent striking options.

Midfield is weak but the young guys are getting valuable game time which will only improve them over time. I'm far from worried, season ahead should be quite exciting in actual fact.

If  Neilson was flogging his players to death with triple training sessions each day where did he find the time to scout his own players? He didn't, and admitted as such in the press that he was given a selection of Levien/Murray picks to choose from after he identified a need for the team ie a defensive midfielder etc. There was some flexibility in that system with Alexander recommending Sow etc.

Levien's football policy/strategy was/is to gamble on foreign players to sell onto England rather than team building to last us for two or three seasons, another failure, which we are paying the price for now due to Main Stand funding needs.

Do we let him continue to dig a deeper hole for the club to get out off or get someone better in?

Personally, I support the Club rather than any individual connected with it and therefore would like the best available candidate in each post. I therefore favour the later, at this moment  in time,

2 hours ago, Dazo said:

Precisely!

1 hour ago, bobskeldon said:

If this is the case (and I certainly hope it is), why would AB give him a 3 year contract?

I imagine because Levein isn't daft and realised his performance as head coach would be under severe scrutiny and that he might fail, given the current state of the squad, that he agreed to switch posts but with the protection of a contract that will have to be paid out if we are ditching him at any time.

4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Quite a lot of folk agreeing that we are playing crap BUT still want to argue differently.

I think most people realise nothing is going to happen in the near future and this thread is going to achieve sod all.

You watch a different game from me though. I look at the good points. We have a quality free kick taker, our corners are very dangerous. Goalkeeper is sound. Central defense is sound. We have decent striking options.

Midfield is weak but the young guys are getting valuable game time which will only improve them over time. I'm far from worried, season ahead should be quite exciting in actual fact.

Wow! I'm certainly not watching the same sport as you!! 

Quite exciting eh. At least we're letting our centre half take corners 

:facepalm:

2 hours ago, Dazo said:

So we have had a (highly rewarded) Director of Football for 3-4 years, by all accounts a man who controls everything in the football department and nothing gets passed him, but he somehow isn't responsible in any way for the current state of the playing squad. That's all down to a previous head coach that he appointed and who had carte blanche to sign whoever he wanted, as did the previous head coach ( yeh right !!). I don't suppose he bears any responsibility for appointing Cathro and handing him the cheque book and closing his door either though. Maybe it was Ann's fault ?

Edited by Escobar PHM

Our central defence is sound ? Have you watched the last 4 goals that we've lost ?

We have a free kick taker. Who ? Lafferty who has taken one free kick in his entire life that found the target ?

Our corners are very dangerous ?  Yeh I noticed us scoring all the time from our corners right enough.

• cosanostra locked this topic