Levein is not the answer ( merged )

Hood09

26 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Assuming you mean "if you can back it up" :)

Dr Funk told me himself in Antico, South Queensferry.  I was there with friends the night before a wedding and he was there with friends, we all happened to have mutual friends within each group.

Indeed, fingers like coos' tits

I wish I'd been there, because even at that it's so ambiguous. Who said exactly what to whom and in what context- was advice being sought or was darth vader throwing his weight about?

Obviously though, and nothing personal, I can't accept it as fact with any of these contexts just because a guy online said it

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• soonbe110

• Hendricks

• Escobar PHM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now we have to win 6 games on the spin to just keep our heads above water and SAVE Levein from this nightmare until the next draw/defeat.

Ffs JKB :rofl:

I don't blame Levein the manager for what's happening just now. 

We are having to play with no midfield, no left-back and a bench full of U20s which makes the options he has to play with very limited. The reason why it took so long for him to make a change on Saturday was because when he did it was Nowak he was having to turn to in order to change the game for us. 

Levein the DoF has to take some stick because of recruitment but there are signs they are readjusting on that front re. last summers transfer window (McLaughlin, Berra, Smith, and Lafferty all good additions to the squad in my book). The argument here is that they had left themselves with too much to sort out after previous disaster windows. 

3 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Now we have to win 6 games on the spin to just keep our heads above water and SAVE Levein from this nightmare until the next draw/defeat.

I don't know where you get that notion from, because no-one has said it.

We've to play a bunch of teams who are behind us, and they're behind us with good reason.  Some of them were behind us when Ian Cathro was in charge.

If we see them off, none of Craig Levein's detractors will have any cause for complaint, even if the football isn't pretty to watch, because you can't argue with a set of results like that.

But what happens if we don't?  If we drop points against 2, 3, or even 4 of those teams - the bottom 6 contenders - will that be OK for the people who insist on backing Craig Levein?  What will be OK?  What won't?  Do they have any objective standards?  It's a simple enough question, surely?

49 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Having to listen to those scum bags at ER shouting "HOOF" every time we hoofed it up the park was soul destroying, and just summed up the shit we are playing right now.

With respect , I couldn’t care less what those cretins shout, who made them experts on the “beautiful game”

what i found far more soul destroying was Cathros team, pass pass pass achieving the sole purpose of naff all.

why make 10 passes when 2 passes achieve the same goal ?

i am not making any attempt to justify this awful Hearts side we are witnessing at this time, just stating that I couldn’t care a toss what style of football we play, as long as it’s winning football matches.

maroonlegions
5 minutes ago, KineticBeat said:

I don't blame Levein the manager for what's happening just now. 

We are having to play with no midfield, no left-back and a bench full of U20s which makes the options he has to play with very limited. The reason why it took so long for him to make a change on Saturday was because when he did it was Nowak he was having to turn to in order to change the game for us. 

Levein the DoF has to take some stick because of recruitment but there are signs they are readjusting on that front re. last summers transfer window (McLaughlin, Berra, Smith, and Lafferty all good additions to the squad in my book). The argument here is that they had left themselves with too much to sort out after previous disaster windows. 

And who also had a hand in those previous disaster windows?

Who was handing out three year deals to the likes of Salmon???

He is a copout merchant and should have never been appointed as manager.

Untouchable as he is a member of the board. we have a very loyal fan base but if this dross on the park continues those bums on seats, (walk ups), will start to  be threatened. 

2 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

And who also had a hand in those previous disaster windows?

Who was handing out three year deals to the likes of Salmon???

He is a copout merchant and should have never been appointed as manager.

Untouchable as he is a member of the board. we have a very loyal fan base but if this dross on the park continues those bums on seats, (walk ups), will start to  be threatened. 

I did say he needs to take some criticism for recruitment... 

It’s been done to death x 10 but over the summer and into the latter part of August the support called for midfield signings.

We as fans can be drastically wrong about things but i think we can be right sometimes.

Yet, well paid professional people at the club who know more about the game than us couldn’t see what we were seeing.

maroonlegions
2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

It’s been done to death x 10 but over the summer and into the latter part of August the support called for midfield signings.

We as fans can be drastically wrong about things but i think we can be right sometimes.

Yet, well paid professional people at the club who know more about the game than us couldn’t see what we were seeing.

This. 

13 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

With respect , I couldn’t care less what those cretins shout, who made them experts on the “beautiful game”

what i found far more soul destroying was Cathros team, pass pass pass achieving the sole purpose of naff all.

why make 10 passes when 2 passes achieve the same goal ?

i am not making any attempt to justify this awful Hearts side we are witnessing at this time, just stating that I couldn’t care a toss what style of football we play, as long as it’s winning football matches.

You do not have to be an "expert" to know that the football under Levein is hoof ball (non-winning) shit!

7 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I don't know where you get that notion from, because no-one has said it.

We've to play a bunch of teams who are behind us, and they're behind us with good reason.  Some of them were behind us when Ian Cathro was in charge.

If we see them off, none of Craig Levein's detractors will have any cause for complaint, even if the football isn't pretty to watch, because you can't argue with a set of results like that.

But what happens if we don't?  If we drop points against 2, 3, or even 4 of those teams - the bottom 6 contenders - will that be OK for the people who insist on backing Craig Levein?  What will be OK?  What won't?  Do they have any objective standards?  It's a simple enough question, surely?

I'm not interested who's behind us or in front of us. I don't turn up to games with a sense we should win or lose, never have. You earn that right on the day, hence the reason we all go.

Leveins detractors will not stop, we've already seen plenty evidence of them just making stuff up to suit.

The football isn't as bad as some make out and our deficiencies are rather obvious at the moment, oh well, the deficiencies of other teams apart from 1 in the league are glaringly obvious in games as well. Callaghan I think should have scored to make it 2-0 on Saturday and we would have been home and hosed in my opinion with the Rangers support ready to turn, we had as many chances as Hibs and only lost to a 2nd minute goal away from home.

That's football for 99% of supporters in this whole of the UK.

We have injuries in massively key areas and  that's the difference between winning and losing sometimes. There's only one team in our league I'd back every week, the rest are much of a muchness and small margins decide games.

Judging by a lot of posters on this board, going down would be ideal so we could win every week in the Championship again.

30 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

We do not need to win the next 6 games "to keep our head above water" - FFS JKB right enough!

However we need to target winning these games at home against bottom half teams if we are going to challenge for a European spot - something the Levein fans were all confident of when he took the Managers gig!

1 minute ago, Oliver Twist said:

I'm not interested who's behind us or in front of us. I don't turn up to games with a sense we should win or lose, never have. You earn that right on the day, hence the reason we all go.

Leveins detractors will not stop, we've already seen plenty evidence of them just making stuff up to suit.

The football isn't as bad as some make out and our deficiencies are rather obvious at the moment, oh well, the deficiencies of other teams apart from 1 in the league are glaringly obvious in games as well. Callaghan I think should have scored to make it 2-0 on Saturday and we would have been home and hosed in my opinion with the Rangers support ready to turn, we had as many chances as Hibs and only lost to a 2nd minute goal away from home.

We have injuries in massively key areas and  that's the difference between winning and losing sometimes. There's only one team in our league I'd back every week, the rest are much of a muchness and small margins decide games.

Judging by a lot of posters on this board, going down would be ideal so we could win every week in the Championship again.

Such as??

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

We do not need to win the next 6 games "to keep our head above water" - FFS JKB right enough!

However we need to target winning these games at home against bottom half teams if we are going to challenge for a European spot - something the Levein fans were all confident of when he took the Managers gig!

You target to win every game.

Doesn't  happen though.

10 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

The support has also been calling for a left back for some considerable time.....................................................

and we end up with one loan player (who is constantly injured - which we obviously could not have foreseen, but that leaves us with right backs playing on the wrong side, or the one of the worst players to wear maroon.

But as Debut 4 said the club do not seem to recognize this.

1 minute ago, Oliver Twist said:

Doesn't  happen though.

You can target to beat Celtic at Parhhead - rarely happens.

However when it comes to playing bottom half teams at Tynecastle, these are the games you must win if we are going to challenge for a European spot - THAT was my point.

Elias Henry Furst

I very much doubt Craig Levein will be our manager next season.

I have doubts whether he’ll be at the club in any capacity.

3 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

Sorted himself out with a nice 3 year contract.....just in case.

10 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Thanks for answering the question I asked.

I asked if Craig Levein's supporters on JKB have any objective standards when it comes to assessing how well he's doing.  You say that you don't.  I don't think it's the right answer, but it's your answer and it's honest, so I won't have a go at you over it.

Anyone else?

16 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Doesn't  happen though.

Unfortunately we target each game "not to get beat", huge difference.

9 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Unfortunately we target each game "not to get beat", huge difference.

THAT unfortunately is the football philosophy of Craig Levein - always has been, always will be.

Let's face it we the fans have taken our eye off the ball with all the great things happening off the pitch. Our loyalty cannot be questioned and the most important thing we hold dear to our heart is our team. We have accepted rubbish performances, rubbish players, criminal contracts handed out to rubbish players and so on. It took Ann Budge to sit in the Wheatfield for her to realize the hurt the fans were feeling. What will it take for her to stop this rot created by Craig Levein and his bootroom cronies.

Edited by mitch41

9 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Thanks for answering the question I asked.

I asked if Craig Levein's supporters on JKB have any objective standards when it comes to assessing how well he's doing.  You say that you don't.  I don't think it's the right answer, but it's your answer and it's honest, so I won't have a go at you over it.

Anyone else?

I'm a Hearts supporter. Craig Levein gets my backing as he is a Hearts supporter and current coach.

If there's such a thing as a Craig Levein supporter then I would suggest you ask them what they feel about his objective standards.

That's for not having a go at me, I'll sleep much better tonight.

On 29/10/2017 at 16:04, gowestjambo said:

I do not think its in anyway unreasonable that Hearts supporters expect that any Hearts team firstly compete with the teams they are playing against. It is also not unreasonable to expect a Left Back to be signed during the last 18 months.

Neither are our expectations lofty to provide a Midfield which is capable of competing with hibs to name one. The fact this area has been neglected when every single supporter can see what our current Manager, or the failed protégée could not see is not unreasonable.

What we witnessed yesterday was a team devoid of any ideas or notable style of play. The simple art of controlling a football or passing to another player wearing maroon is not unreasonable to expect. Therefore I suggest our expectations are not to win a cup, but simply to witness a Hearts team capable of performing the basics of a Football team.

I don’t disagree with you. I think it’s something CL has to adapt to, not the support. We pay our hard earned and we expect to see at least the fundamental functions being performed. 

On the topic of CL being culpable for where we’re at just now through recruitment, I agree with them to an extent, but not for the reasons they quote “he put the team together etc”. Many journalists and whispers from inside the club say Levein gave Cathro and Neilson what they wanted, and was wary of intefering or even getting involved, so he’s culpable in the sense he was stand-offish and didn’t do enough to sway the opinion of Neilson and Cathro with some of the mince players we’ve had over the past 18 months.

maroonlegions
7 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

I'm a Hearts supporter. Craig Levein gets my backing as he is a Hearts supporter and current coach.

If there's such a thing as a Craig Levein supporter then I would suggest you ask them what they feel about his objective standards.

Its all fine and dandy then because  CL is a Jambo and our current coach, all the dross we are witnessing  just now that we pay our hard earned for is secondary then..

If we are in a dogfight in the bottom six come April/May will you still be sleeping ok at night.

Edited by maroonlegions

1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

Ah, I must have misread these:

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/fixtures

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/teams/heart-of-midlothian/scores-fixtures/2017-11

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/teams/heart-of-midlothian/scores-fixtures/2017-12

They both list six games before we play Celtic:

5 Nov v Kilmarnock
19 Nov v Partick
25 Nov v Ross County
2 Dec v Hamilton
9 Dec v Motherwell
12 Dec v Dundee

That's six, then we play Celtic on the 17th.

Apologies, forgot the midweek game, just counted the weekends. 

51 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

You do not have to be an "expert" to know that the football under Levein is hoof ball (non-winning) shit!

Was it hoofball against  Aberdeen? Virtually last game we had our first choice midfield available. . 

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

This time you have finally shown yourself as a single agenda guy. Levein out. What did he do to you? Do you really think you speak for “ most of us” on this one?  If so how did we all think the Steve Clarke has the credentials for the Hearts job? 

Clarke has a shocking record as a manager. I wouldnt even interview him. Sacked in both his management jobs very quickly. Was at West Brom for 18 months, only won  9 of his last 41 league games. Sacked by Reading in under a year, 31% win rate in the Championship. He is such a highly rated manager that he has only been employed for five months in last two years. Not exactly queuing up to hire him are they. Shades of Billy Davies I think.  If he did apply when Cathro got the job I can understand why Budge didnt interview him. 

Hearts have won 10 of 37 competitive 1st team matches in 2017...........

5 minutes ago, bb8 said:

I don’t disagree with you. I think it’s something CL has to adapt to, not the support. We pay our hard earned and we expect to see at least the fundamental functions being performed. 

On the topic of CL being culpable for where we’re at just now through recruitment, I agree with them to an extent, but not for the reasons they quote “he put the team together etc”. Many journalists and whispers from inside the club say Levein gave Cathro and Neilson what they wanted, and was wary of intefering or even getting involved, so he’s culpable in the sense he was stand-offish and didn’t do enough to sway the opinion of Neilson and Cathro with some of the mince players we’ve had over the past 18 months.

The buck stops with Levein .Recruitment is about the most important activity at a football club.He was directly in charge of one inexperienced Head Coach and one complete novice.Whether he delegated or not very bad costly decisions have been made on his watch.

11 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Its all fine and dandy then because  CL is a Jambo and our current coach, all the dross we are witnessing  just now that we pay our hard earned for is secondary then..

If we are in a dogfight in the bottom six come April/May will you still be sleeping ok at night.

As ive stated, the dross you think your witnessing is the standard of the league.

Cliches and rage won't change my mind, it is what it is.

I will be sleeping well at night if we are at the bottom of the league by April/May. As soon as I leave the stadium I'm fine and will still buy my season tickets and pay my subs and still enjoy the games. That's how I roll.

Hearts have been garbage for the last 18 months.

4 or 5 really good 'days at the office' the rest has been eye bleedingly bad.

Appreciate theres no midfield and Grzelack is like the 12th player for the opposition but if we dont do something about this we will be in serious trouble by Christmas.

In a relegation fight and half the new stand empty.

We better be signing a LB and 2 midfielders in January or we risk becoming Hamilton!

I dont know if the current stock of players has much to do with CL or not but we are where we are and he has to be the one to turn this around or the end of the season may be the end of his career with Hearts.

1 hour ago, Oliver Twist said:

Aye. Not a single one of them has put forward a valid reason for their collective "hatred" of him. :sleep:

TBF , maybe they got it wrong and it really is all the fault of RN & IC. Inexperienced coaches, they  had free rein,  scout who they want , sign who they want and CL just wrote up the contracts.   Even the fitness coaches were apparently standing idly by while IC ignored fitness to work on tactics.  Maybe the only thing CL is guilty of is negligence.  Whatever way you dress it up he's not done well. 

maroonlegions
14 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

As ive stated, the dross you think your witnessing is the standard of the league.

Cliches and rage won't change my mind, it is what it is.

I will be sleeping well at night if we are at the bottom of the league by April/May. As soon as I leave the stadium I'm fine and will still buy my season tickets and pay my subs and still enjoy the games. That's how I roll.

Think i am witnessing...:vrface:

"Standard of the league".. :vrface:

"I will be sleeping well at night if we are at the bottom of the league by April/May". :muggy:

"and  still enjoy the games". :vrwow:

Each to their own and all that but....:wattie:

1 hour ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

If performances carry on like they have been doing then results will confirm his demise and I agree with your thoughts.

However, lets see what this run of games we have coming up brings, hopefully some wins and confidence back into the side.

maroonlegions
9 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Aye. Not a single one of them has put forward a valid reason for their collective "hatred" of him. :sleep:

TBF , maybe they got it wrong and it really is all the fault of RN & IC. Inexperienced coaches, they  had free rein,  scout who they want , sign who they want and CL just wrote up the contracts.   Even the fitness coaches were apparently standing idly by while IC ignored fitness to work on tactics.  Maybe the only thing CL is guilty of is negligence.  Whatever way you dress it up he's not done well. 

As a director of football  it was his JOB to over see players BEFORE he sanction cheques  and handing out three year deals, there is no hiding place there, gross misconduct of his contracted employment responsibilities??

Guilty of negligence,that in itself is grounds for liability to.

Massive misjudgments of the calibre and quality of players he HAD a direct hand in sanctioning, however you want to dress those facts up. 

Edited by maroonlegions

Neither a "fan" nor "hater" of CL, I'm just sick of dreadful signings, poor tactics, lacklustre performances and crap results. CL, in whatever capacity, has to be blamed for much of the malaise. Ann, after all, has handed him authority for all things football. 

In his defence, we haven't really played a home game this season. He will be presented with a chance to improve our fortunes between now and Christmas with the return to Tynecastle. 

Time will tell, but I'm not convinced that our future under Levein is a good one. I'd be delighted to be proved wrong. 

1 hour ago, Hendricks said:

Hearts have won 10 of 37 competitive 1st team matches in 2017...........

He would have been a good fit if we didn’t want to improve. 

42 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

As a director of football  it was his JOB to over see players BEFORE he sanction cheques  and handing out three year deals, there is no hiding place there, gross misconduct of his contracted employment responsibilities??

Guilty of negligence,that in itself is grounds for liability to.

Massive misjudgments of the calibre and quality of players he HAD a direct hand in sanctioning, however you want to dress those facts up. 

No it wasn’t. That would have been interfering. His job was to facilitate the signings his head coaches wanted. 

maroonlegions
14 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No it wasn’t. That would have been interfering. His job was to facilitate the signings his head coaches wanted. 

Facilitate you say, another cop out more like, seems the DOF role is one with non accountability ,and a free reign  at blaming everyone else and add untouchable to that.   He has sanctioned  shite signings no matter how fancy the terminology used to dress that up.  

Edited by maroonlegions

maroonlegions
4 minutes ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

The headline of that article and Craig Levein quotes don’t match up as far as I can see. No quotes specifically say that Craig Levein says it was him.

Levin quote from that articule;

"Is he under pressure? (Cathro),Not as far as I'm aware. We're very confident we've got the right guy.":facepalm:

Central Belt 1874
1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

Levin quote from that articule;

"Is he under pressure? (Cathro),Not as far as I'm aware. We're very confident we've got the right guy.":facepalm:

Haha what?

The headline of that article states that “Hearts chief Craig Levein says it is his recruitment and not Ian Cathro’s coaching that has caused decline”

What I’m saying is there are no quotes from Levein in the article admitting that it was his fault for recruitment.

We have a few home games coming up. Few wins and that builds confidence within the team. I hoped for better in these last two but not quite throwing in the towel yet.

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

Indeed, fingers like coos' tits

I wish I'd been there, because even at that it's so ambiguous. Who said exactly what to whom and in what context- was advice being sought or was darth vader throwing his weight about?

Obviously though, and nothing personal, I can't accept it as fact with any of these contexts just because a guy online said it

Cool.

2 hours ago, Oliver Twist said:

Don't deflect.  Don't distract.

It's irrelevant who is in charge of the team or the boardroom.  If they aren't delivering the supporters will get annoyed and express that annoyance.

You will get annoyed and express that annoyance, same as everyone else, when you think the time is right.  But you don't have an objective and quantifiable view of when the time is right.

That's the problem with those who think CL should have the job full stop, and with those who think he should be out of the job full stop; they have their personal view and that seems to be regardless of the circumstances.  I'm asking can they join their personal view up with an objective view of our results.  You've said not, and that's to be respected even if I disagree.  Now I'm asking what others think.  By the way, the same question is implied of CL's detractors; if we get 14, 15, 16 or 18 points from those six games, will they hold off their criticism for a bit and give him a run at doing the job?

maroonlegions
22 minutes ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

Haha what?

The headline of that article states that “Hearts chief Craig Levein says it is his recruitment and not Ian Cathro’s coaching that has caused decline”

What I’m saying is there are no quotes from Levein in the article admitting that it was his fault for recruitment.

So who is the "WE" in his quote below is referring to then??

"I would point to recruitment (for why things went wrong). We've had six transfer windows since the club came out of administration. Four of them have been really good, the last two haven't. That's an area in which we obviously have to do much better".

If you really believe that he had no blame in the recruitment then thats your prerogative but for me its just one cop out..   

Central Belt 1874
5 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

So who is the "WE" in his quote below is referring to then??

"I would point to recruitment (for why things went wrong). We've had six transfer windows since the club came out of administration. Four of them have been really good, the last two haven't. That's an area in which we obviously have to do much better".

If you really believe that he had no blame in the recruitment then thats your prerogative but for me its just one cop out..   

Sure. He is to blame as much as Neilson and Cathro, as well as Budge. Too many don’t want to face up to the facts that Levein has had more input into signings than anyone of these people would have you believe. 

• cosanostra locked this topic