Levein is not the answer ( merged )

Hood09

6 hours ago, Spencer said:

There is absolutely no chance of Budge listening to the fans relative to Levein. He's got the safest job in Scottish football.

The dross will continue indefinitely which is hugely depressing 

Very true i'm afraid.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• soonbe110

• Hendricks

• Escobar PHM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, mitch41 said:

It seems most of us are right regarding Levein after watching Sportscene. Even the Levein lovers must of seen Levein's team selection & tactics were so bad thatmst of our fans and some of our players i'd bet will of lost faith in his ability to manager Hearts. I'd also think his first team coaching staff must take a large amount of blame for the shambles the team has been. All we the fans are getting is excuses and promises about new players in january but that is depending on getting rid of dead wood.

I'd call this PATHETIC!

Ann Budge has to act like an owner and listen to her fans/customers. Our manager & coaching staff are failing our team and it's time to put an end to Levein's old pals club.

I've got no problem with you offering your opinion mitch, but you repeatedly claim to speak for a majority. 

Speak for yourself, you have no mandate to speak for the majority

15 hours ago, ford donald said:

Would think Callachan, was more to do with Gary Locke recommending him..

I’m told it was Daly and fox who knew him from raith . The lad has an engine but that’s about , technically dreadful 

11 hours ago, tcjambo said:

So the usual suspects are in full throttle right now bitching left, right and centre. Dead easy to be a critic but much more difficult to propse a solution .Not one of the Levein haters has come up with a reasonable alternative.

Why don't you all just give it a rest and let's just see where we are at the end of the season?

1. Get rid of Levein.

2. If he stays, have a completely different approach to the game as being '"hard to beat" is not working.

19 minutes ago, Gambo said:

1. Get rid of Levein.

2. If he stays, have a completely different approach to the game as being '"hard to beat" is not working.

Getting rid is only half a solution. Replace with whom?

No one with any clout and experience would work with his ego . Ann was running out of options but he employed Cathro , he sanctioned the dud signings over the years . She should have pulled the trigger on him . So many wrong decisions it’s incredible . I’m starting to believe what others are saying , he’s untouchable 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

That is for Ann Budge and the board to decide.

Advertise and give the job to the best candidate.

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

1. Get rid of Levein.

Just what I thought you haven't got a clue

1 minute ago, tcjambo said:

Just what I thought you haven't got a clue

A better manager with plenty of SPFL experience, you say?

Image result for neil lennon

:wink:

maroonlegions

He said the game changed when Walker went off and blamed  that primarily on our loss.:facepalm:

The man is a cop out merchant, his ego is having a direct impact on our performances , tactics  and signings. Highly depressive situation we are  in in just now

Edited by maroonlegions

Levein says he will not judge the quality of the squad until Xmas - after we have had the run of Tynecastle games against lower opposition.

As everybody knows I am not a fan of Levein, and the hoofball adopted by us sadly comes as no surprise.  That said I am keeping my powder dry until Xmas, when I hope and pray the team will have found a bit of form and actually won these games.

9 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

He said the game changed when Walker went off and blamed  that primarily on our loss.:facepalm:

The man is a cop out merchant, his ego is having a direct impact on our performances , tactics  and signings. Highly depressive situation we are  in in just now

I have to say I cringed when he came out with that excuse.

Michael Stewart hit the nail on the head, Levein never ever plays with any width, he doesn't believe in any support from the wide players, I go back to Easter Road in the cup replay last year when Patterson had clearly been told not to cross the half way line, he was in acres of space and kept stopping, not ever like him at all.

5 hours ago, Smithee said:

I've got no problem with you offering your opinion mitch, but you repeatedly claim to speak for a majority. 

Speak for yourself, you have no mandate to speak for the majority

If i was doing a survey of the people in my club that i talk to, the fans at my work of which there are many  plus family and friends that go to the games home and away the result would be 100% Levein and his bootroom needs to go.  You must be talking about 40+ people and not one of them wants the status quo. 

2 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Spot on.

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

If i was doing a survey of the people in my club that i talk to, the fans at my work of which there are many  plus family and friends that go to the games home and away the result would be 100% Levein and his bootroom needs to go.  You must be talking about 40+ people and not one of them wants the status quo. 

You're missing the point - you've got no right to talk for "most of us" or "the majority"

portobellojambo1
10 hours ago, Ulysses said:

The person who will use the players we have available well or badly will be Craig Levein.

How many points do we drop before his supporters say he's not delivering?  Or, how many points do we gain before his detractors say he's doing OK?

Working out an acceptable target points haul should, let's face it, be a no-brainer given the teams we're playing. 

I agree with what your saying Uly, we should be looking at the opposition and be in a position to say win, win, win, win, draw, win etc, for example. But will we and can we be so optimistic.  Craig Levein is now coaching a team which got Ian Cathro the sack, but the man that is now coaching that team played a huge part in the players not only Cathro but Robbie were able to bring to the club. Levein cannot get them playing well enough which makes you wonder what gave him the mandate to sack Cathro rather than remove himself from his role.

If he had had his way, despite being tasked with bringing in an experienced football manager, the present manager of the club would be Jon Daly. That decision is what prompted the owner to become involved and an ultimatum was put in place. He didn't want to be head coach, doesn't want to be head coach, but is. If anyone comes back and says but who is the source of that information they won't get the answer from me, but it is fact. Between now and Christmas we really should be expecting to pick up almost maximum points, but I'm not convinced we will. If there was a choice of what is more likely, us picking up almost full points over that period or the position of DoF being declared null and void and the head coach then being dismissed I'd go for the latter. He is now reaping what he played a large part in sowing. Everyone thought all that was needed was a manager of the experience of Levein to get the team functioning well, and let's be honest, it isn't. It was thought he would show how to play against Hibs and win, but didn't, on Saturday past in the 2nd half we looked nothing more than chronically crap. If we now struggle to pick up points against teams below us in the league we will end up no further forward than when Cathro left, the same Cathro that Levein brought to the club. At some point the state of the footballing side of the business has to be levelled at someone, and there is only one person who fits that bill.

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Michael Stewart hit the nail on the head, Levein never ever plays with any width, he doesn't believe in any support from the wide players, I go back to Easter Road in the cup replay last year when Patterson had clearly been told not to cross the half way line, he was in acres of space and kept stopping, not ever like him at all.

What's that got to do with Levein though?

4 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Is that the best you can come up with.

How many quality managers didn't make it to the short list and how come a manager like Stevie Clarke can be employed by Killie and not Hearts.

Levein and his mates are here forever unless Ann Budge listens to someone who has a clue about managing a football team. 

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You're missing the point - you've got no right to talk for "most of us" or "the majority"

My survey says it would be a crushing defeat for Levein and his bootroom mates. I should be doing the talking for everyone because i'm never wrong.

4 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I agree with what your saying Uly, we should be looking at the opposition and be in a position to say win, win, win, win, draw, win etc, for example. But will we and can we be so optimistic.  Craig Levein is now coaching a team which got Ian Cathro the sack, but the man that is now coaching that team played a huge part in the players not only Cathro but Robbie were able to bring to the club. Levein cannot get them playing well enough which makes you wonder what gave him the mandate to sack Cathro rather than remove himself from his role.

If he had had his way, despite being tasked with bringing in an experienced football manager, the present manager of the club would be Jon Daly. That decision is what prompted the owner to become involved and an ultimatum was put in place. He didn't want to be head coach, doesn't want to be head coach, but is. If anyone comes back and says but who is the source of that information they won't get the answer from me, but it is fact. Between now and Christmas we really should be expecting to pick up almost maximum points, but I'm not convinced we will. If there was a choice of what is more likely, us picking up almost full points over that period or the position of DoF being declared null and void and the head coach then being dismissed I'd go for the latter. He is now reaping what he played a large part in sowing. Everyone thought all that was needed was a manager of the experience of Levein to get the team functioning well, and let's be honest, it isn't. It was thought he would show how to play against Hibs and win, but didn't, on Saturday past in the 2nd half we looked nothing more than chronically crap. If we now struggle to pick up points against teams below us in the league we will end up no further forward than when Cathro left, the same Cathro that Levein brought to the club. At some point the state of the footballing side of the business has to be levelled at someone, and there is only one person who fits that bill.

I'd heard that Daly was offered the job by Levein, Budge put kibosh on it.  Very similar.  

Just now, mitch41 said:

My survey says it would be a crushing defeat for Levein and his bootroom mates. I should be doing the talking for everyone because i'm never wrong.

Incorrect, the majority say you talk Horlicks. 

See? Shan move. Speak for yourself :thumbsup:

Just now, mitch41 said:

How many quality managers didn't make it to the short list and how come a manager like Stevie Clarke can be employed by Killie and not Hearts.

Levein and his mates are here forever unless Ann Budge listens to someone who has a clue about managing a football team. 

Your right

AND .......There are several managers free and available who would take the job and do a better job than Levein if they were given a free hand to do so. By a free hand I mean Levein not being there.

Strachan, McLeish, Davies, Lambert, Wright, Archibald..........Pressley, Hartley...............etc etc.

Its not up to us to name and find a competent football manager. Its up to Ann Budge.

20 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'm in no position to challenge this, nor to doubt it, but if it's true it makes for depressing reading.

31 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Dunno if you can confirm or deny this PJ1, but I heard from someone who is in Billy Davies social circle (no not that one) that Budge was really quite impressed by his ideas and vision, and was set to offer him the job, until Levein pulled the carpet from under the deal and said he wouldn't step aside into a more administrative hands off role. He (Levein) had already dismissed Freedman as a live and serious candidate with Budge and Budge lost her patience and TOLD him(Levein) to do the job himself.

I don't think all is well between Budge and Levein

21 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I don't post on The Terrace these days for a number of reasons but I will post here, simply to say that this current squad are potential relegation/play off material. 

I see nothing in the squad and management that gives me cause for optimism at this time, and that includes us getting back home. 

Solutions ? Feck knows.

I made a similar comment on Saturday but suppose the true gauge of this will be the Kilmarnock game. 

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

That’s the entire Levein out brigade then. Are you their leader?

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

What's that got to do with Levein though?

Because that instruction came from Levein to Robbie - this is fact and came from one of the horses mouths.

At least Cathro gave the fans a presentation of his football philosophy - imagine Levein doing that???  Christ your eyes would bleed, then your ears.

7 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Because that instruction came from Levein to Robbie - this is fact and came from one of the horses mouths.

At least Cathro gave the fans a presentation of his football philosophy - imagine Levein doing that???  Christ your eyes would bleed, then your ears.

I'm happy to take this claim seriously if I can back it up

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

This time you have finally shown yourself as a single agenda guy. Levein out. What did he do to you? Do you really think you speak for “ most of us” on this one?  If so how did we all think the Steve Clarke has the credentials for the Hearts job? 

Clarke has a shocking record as a manager. I wouldnt even interview him. Sacked in both his management jobs very quickly. Was at West Brom for 18 months, only won  9 of his last 41 league games. Sacked by Reading in under a year, 31% win rate in the Championship. He is such a highly rated manager that he has only been employed for five months in last two years. Not exactly queuing up to hire him are they. Shades of Billy Davies I think.  If he did apply when Cathro got the job I can understand why Budge didnt interview him. 

Having to listen to those scum bags at ER shouting "HOOF" every time we hoofed it up the park was soul destroying, and just summed up the shit we are playing right now.

1 hour ago, Escobar PHM said:

Your right

AND .......There are several managers free and available who would take the job and do a better job than Levein if they were given a free hand to do so. By a free hand I mean Levein not being there.

Strachan, McLeish, Davies, Lambert, Wright, Archibald..........Pressley, Hartley...............etc etc.

Its not up to us to name and find a competent football manager. Its up to Ann Budge.

At least  you didnt mention Clarke. But McLeish? Strachan? Wright who has won one of his last six league games? Even Leveins record is better than that. Pressley would really unite the club wouldnt he? Davies was interviewed and rejected by Budge. 

Archibald and Lambert  would be decent candidates. 

8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm happy to take this claim seriously if I can back it up

Assuming you mean "if you can back it up" :)

Dr Funk told me himself in Antico, South Queensferry.  I was there with friends the night before a wedding and he was there with friends, we all happened to have mutual friends within each group.

22 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s the entire Levein out brigade then. Are you their leader?

No - it certainly is not.  Out of my circle of Hearts supporting friends (and there are many) not one think Levein is the future for Hearts either as Manager or DoF.

The Treasurer

Not read the whole thread but I can guess the general theme.

If you stop for a second and think back to this time last week, we had got our selves into the top half of the table and potentially could have gone 3rd, (albeit only for 24 hours).

We've had two very poor results and performances since then and now those with damp underwear want us to sack anyone and everyone to do with the backroom staff but with no idea who to replace them with.

Central Belt 1874
15 hours ago, Smithee said:

What do you think that proves though? It's not unusual at all for football managers, why is it seen as some sort of smoking gun here?

I don’t think it proves anything, it does however make me inclined to think that Levein is now using his position as head coach to further develop either Jon Daly or Austin Macphees for the head coach role at some future date, and that his heart is not in being the head coach/manager. Remember Levein wanted Daly as head coach and most of the fans don’t, and from what others are saying it’s not what Budge thinks we need either. The Craig Levein we see in the dugout now is not the same Craig Levein from 10-15 years ago. 

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

If you stop for a second and think back to this time last week, we had got our selves into the top half of the table and potentially could have gone 3rd, (albeit only for 24 hours).

We've had two very poor results and performances since then and now those with damp underwear want us to sack anyone and everyone to do with the backroom staff but with no idea who to replace them with.

OK dry underwear slipped on - now looking forward to a winning run in the next 6 games - is that how it works?

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

So he is getting the chance to fix it.  That seems a sensible approach given how much he has put into the Club even just in the last 3-4 years. We all know he has to get it sorted pretty quickly. The run of games at Tynie should enable some level of consistency to appear as well as playing a more expansive style though that’s unlikely until he brings players in in January. I think we all underestimate the effects of playing away from home every  week. No chance to build momentum. 

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Between now and Christmas we really should be expecting to pick up almost maximum points, but I'm not convinced we will.....

As you know, I am at a big disadvantage compared to others because I only get to see the team a limited number of times a season.  That means I haven't a lot to go on other than results and highlights.  But I know enough to know that if we can't beat 5 (or all 6) of those teams then we are in trouble, and the people leading us into that trouble have no business being in charge.

If we pick up 15, 16 or 18 points before the Celtic game in December, then CL will have done exactly what he'd be expected to do, and even if it's poor to watch his detractors will have to accept that he'll have earned the right to carry on for the rest of the season,

If we don't, what happens then?  At what point would people be prepared to say that enough is enough?  If we lose two and draw one - just for the sake of argument - I can just see the excuses being made on JKB about how close we came to a better result, or how much better things will be when the new stand is built, or 12 months after the new stand is built, or when Craig Levein gets to bring in his own signings (!) or whatever.

The rest of your post was a bit depressing, TBH.

1 hour ago, Escobar PHM said:

Dunno if you can confirm or deny this PJ1, but I heard from someone who is in Billy Davies social circle (no not that one) that Budge was really quite impressed by his ideas and vision, and was set to offer him the job, until Levein pulled the carpet from under the deal and said he wouldn't step aside into a more administrative hands off role. He (Levein) had already dismissed Freedman as a live and serious candidate with Budge and Budge lost her patience and TOLD him(Levein) to do the job himself.

I don't think all is well between Budge and Levein

Would you believe anything from  the Billy Davies camp? Yes including him. 

6 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Yes and we are all supposed to be Hearts fans on this forum. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

At least  you didnt mention Clarke. But McLeish? Strachan? Wright who has won one of his last six league games? Even Leveins record is better than that. Pressley would really unite the club wouldnt he? Davies was interviewed and rejected by Budge. 

Archibald and Lambert  would be decent candidates. 

So there's at least 2 then.

Clarke is highly experienced and worked at very high levels. He's taken a job that is poison IMO but he'd have been be a good appointment for us.

Strachan would be a fantastic appointment IMO. Wright would make us smarter and send us out with some semblance of an idea about what we are doing. Mcleish ? Okay probably not as he hasn't worked here for a while and he'd probably have us doing the same one plan shite that Levein has imposed on us. Davies ? Well we only know what we've been told about that. I still think he'd have been a good appointment irrespective of how a shortlist interview became an apparent public rejection from both sides. His major flaw appears to be that he wanted to change the structure ? Well that's looking like a fecking stupid reason to have rejected him now isn't it ?  Pressley ? Apart from a few muppets who cant get over a 3 second mistake he made years ago I think he'd be welcomed. He wouldnt my first choice but he'd be ahead of Levein, as would Hartley

3 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

As you know, I am at a big disadvantage compared to others because I only get to see the team a limited number of times a season.  That means I haven't a lot to go on other than results and highlights.  But I know enough to know that if we can't beat 5 (or all 6) of those teams then we are in trouble, and the people leading us into that trouble have no business being in charge.

If we pick up 15, 16 or 18 points before the Celtic game in December, then CL will have done exactly what he'd be expected to do, and even if it's poor to watch his detractors will have to accept that he'll have earned the right to carry on for the rest of the season,

If we don't, what happens then?  At what point would people be prepared to say that enough is enough?  If we lose two and draw one - just for the sake of argument - I can just see the excuses being made on JKB about how close we came to a better result, or how much better things will be when the new stand is built, or 12 months after the new stand is built, or when Craig Levein gets to bring in his own signings (!) or whatever.

The rest of your post was a bit depressing, TBH.

Celtic are one of those six teams. 

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Would you believe anything from  the Billy Davies camp? Yes including him. 

I don't know the man. Do you ?

Just now, Escobar PHM said:

So there's at least 2 then.

Clarke is highly experienced and worked at very high levels. He's taken a job that is poison IMO but he'd have been be a good appointment for us.

Strachan would be a fantastic appointment IMO. Wright would make us smarter and send us out with some semblance of an idea about what we are doing. Mcleish ? Okay probably not as he hasn't worked here for a while and he'd probably have us doing the same one plan shite that Levein has imposed on us. Davies ? Well we only know what we've been told about that. I still think he'd have been a good appointment irrespective of how a shortlist interview became an apparent public rejection from both sides. His major flaw appears to be that he wanted to change the structure ? Well that's looking like a fecking stupid reason to have rejected him now isn't it ?  Pressley ? Apart from a few muppets who cant get over a 3 second mistake he made years ago I think he'd be welcomed. He wouldnt my first choice but he'd be ahead of Levein, as would Hartley

My point is that he is a No2 not a No1.  He has no track record at all as a No1. 

Why have McLeish and Davies been out of the game for so long?

Wright has over-achieved.  Not convinced he could succeed at a bigger club. 

Pressley maybe made a three second mistake. Pity his apology hasnt been delivered yet. That’s all it would have taken. Simple mea culpa and there wouldnt have been an issue. 

4 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

I don't know the man. Do you ?

His camp have been known to “twist the truth” shall we say. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Celtic are one of those six teams. 

Ah, I must have misread these:

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/fixtures

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/teams/heart-of-midlothian/scores-fixtures/2017-11

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/teams/heart-of-midlothian/scores-fixtures/2017-12

They both list six games before we play Celtic:

5 Nov v Kilmarnock
19 Nov v Partick
25 Nov v Ross County
2 Dec v Hamilton
9 Dec v Motherwell
12 Dec v Dundee

That's six, then we play Celtic on the 17th.

kennyjambo1974

Craig levein  is delusional .plays players that are clearly out of depth .and who's fault is that dof .how many  signings has he authorised and how come the club has no left back .how come we can't pass a ball more than 10 feet to one of our own .how come we can't cross a ball .Can't seem to get defenders to jump exempt berra tries his heart out why do we play system we we end up humping ball up park .and who signed smith I run faster when I'm taking the dog for a walk.I know we have a few players out but the signings the last couple years have been pretty bad .

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I don't doubt this to be true. Hopefully people are starting to open their eyes at last. We're being taken for a ride.

• cosanostra locked this topic