Board Meeting

Paulie Walnut

kingantti1874

I'm starting to think the board don't want a new manager to walk into 4 difficult away game.. They know we will lose.. Let Cathro take the flak.. New guy gets a clean slate..

Maybe wishful thinking

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glamorous Glue

Any manager brought in now will to sign players will end up with a similar rushed job as January.

A new manager at least needs to be given the chance to try and add to the squad.

I'm assuming Cathro won't be allowed to sign anyone if he's given 4 games to turn it round?

An essential role of the DoF is to ensure continuity of transfer policy so CL needs to ensure this.

So it doesn't matter if Cathro is sacked now or not then

Nookie Bear

So it doesn't matter if Cathro is sacked now or not then

Well yes, it does, because clearly his management of the team is a shambles and he needs removed from direct involvement.

I'm starting to think the board don't want a new manager to walk into 4 difficult away game.. They know we will lose.. Let Cathro take the flak.. New guy gets a clean slate..

Maybe wishful thinking

A new manager I would be confident of taking some points from these games.Celtic and then our home game against Aberdeen are the really tough ones.Rangers(they are not in great shape themselves),Killie and Motherwell a new guy could come in and get us something from those games with Cathro I have no hope at all.

I wonder what the threshold is over the next four games that would be deemed acceptable? I'd suggest we'll get 2-4 points out of the four games. Does that buy him time? Would be as well doing it now and trying to give ourselves ten days before the Killie game to get someone else in.

Four more games without cohesion, desire, tactical nuance, points...no thanks. Can't believe he's still in his position nearly 48 hours later.

Getting rid and appointing an interim coach would automatically improve our chances at Parkhead. Not by much, granted, but better than the 0% prospects we have now. We might get a bit more fight and perhaps some points in the other three games.

Under Cathro the next month will be a horror show, probably scarier than what's gone before.

Well yes, it does, because clearly his management of the team is a shambles and he needs removed from direct involvement.

To be replaced by who and when?

Skivingatwork

Absolutely pathetic this silence from the club. July not even finished and 1 of the clubs 3 on-field targets already missed. Giving him 4 games as good as ensures another one will be missed as playing catch up with no points, no transfer window open and and a demoralised squad is ludicrous.

The board need to grow a pair here, admit they got this one wrong and start again.

He appointed Rix basically a sex offending version of Cathro

Not true, Rix was a good footballer, at least he had that.

doctor jambo

4 games 6 points mininum.

If he gets 12/12 then he gets to stay.

He's not getting 2 points from those 4 games.

If we want to be where we should its 9 points from those 4 games

9 points and a not total whooping from Celtic that is

Glamorous Glue

It's a bit silly to write off Killie and Motherwell away. They are hardly top teams.

I'd be very confident that a decent new manager would get a result in both.

Mars plastic

It's a bit silly to write off Killie and Motherwell away. They are hardly top teams.

I'd be very confident that a decent new manager would get a result in both.

We have an abysmal record at Rugby Park

Nookie Bear

To be replaced by who and when?

These things can happen quickly but the process has to start now.

If we are giving him four games, it's not giving him notice, it is giving him a chance. If he fails again THEN we sack him and appoint a new man and we are probably six games in to the league season.

It's not like we are going to advertise the role tomorrow and say we expect the new man to start in four games time (unless we get a couple of decent results in the interim)

It's wasting time.

Where is the source for giving him 4 games. I don't think the board would tell him he has 4 games to save his job.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

What the 4 games will tell us.

It isn't a case of a team gelling, Rust, unfamiliar wont be excuses

The players are playing for him or not, It will be clear

Can he learn lessons from previous mistakes.

I think we all know already, but we are not the company who then need to negotiate a severance. Sacking people is not just as straight forward as the fans don't like him so bin him. Unfortunately we now have to tip toe through the minefield the appointment created.  It has all been so very disappointing, almost bewildering, for someone who so many have had faith in, from inside the game, to have had such a catastrophic effect.

With the window closing, it leaves a very awkward position as to who arrives with regard to playing personnel. Almost impossible.

Dallas Green

Smug post. There is contempt in the radio silence.

How is my post smug?

I don't believe Ann or the club take us for granted or don't care what we think.

A new manager doesn't.

Unless he can bring in players quickly he still has the same dire squad though.

fabienleclerq

How's he still here? All we are doing is handicapping the new guy by giving him less time and less opportunity to pick up points.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Where is the source for giving him 4 games. I don't think the board would tell him he has 4 games to save his job.

Solid poster earlier.

Review end August may have been the chat.

loveofthegame

Budge really not covering herself in glory here, during the first real "tough" time on the park during her tenure.

She's great at making statements when the fans misbehave - how about showing some true leadership and speaking out now. 48 hours since Saturday's debacle and not a peep just isn't good enough.

This clearly adept businesswomen is really not running her business particularly well given her "customers", the fans (and ultimately the future owners of the club) are being left in the dark right now.

Shambles if he is given four games.

The League cup embarrassment has to signal the end. 

Levein is shooting himself in the foot if he doesnt chuck him this week. 

Not a lot of the fanbase like him (Levein) just now, but if he fails to admit he made a mistake and sack cathro, the majority if not all will turn against him.

ToadKiller Dog

If our esteemed DOF has not already got a list of potential replacement coaches made up after his comments at the end of last season they we should be asking why .

If this 4 game nonsense is true it's all about the board wanting to be seen as not folding to the support and saving face .

If we say scrape 2 points from the 4 games is that enough to give him the next 5.

Anything rather than admit they got it wrong .

Glamorous Glue

Agreed. That's why he should be here this week

Perhaps the club are working out a compensation package.? If they are, this is understandable. If not, they are making a huge mistake.

I could see McPhee getting a go....maybe with Locke as no2

Gary Locke will be nowhere near any footballing activities at Hearts, certainly while Levein is still employed at Tynecastle. And quite rightly so.

Hagar the Horrible

Its not just 4 games though is it, because it would take somebody new a few week to stop this rot, A New manager this week would allow us to park the bus at the tattiebowl, and sort out something for the Killie game?   By the tile we lose the first 4, we are back at square 1 against the sheep, so we could lose the first 6 or even 7 before the rudder is stable, and a new manager is from the kick off in a relegation dod-fight?  Cathro has failed, it wont get better,   Celtic will run up a cricket score, could be the biggest defeat in our history

and what happens if say he picks up 6 points, so what the rest of the season will be like watching dogs chasing parked cars.

Ffs I went for a nap and came back expecting to read he was gone, not this 4 games pish. If true, the Board are just taking us for fools.

Nookie Bear

It's not so dire as to lose to Peterhead and Dunfermline. A proper manager should get more out of it.

loveofthegame

Ffs I went for a nap and came back expecting to read he was gone, not this 4 games pish. If true, the Board are just taking us for fools.

As I touched upon above, the silence from the club is deafening. It is terrible that there hasn't been any form of statement yet at the very least acknowledging Saturday's disgrace.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Who Cares..Okay we know how this is going now...4 straight losses and anchored to the bottom of the league. Massive protest planned for Aberdeen stand opening. Well done Ann & Craig way to go to ruining what should have been a very happy momentous day for us. Now it will be embittered, angry and a damp squib. :fugg2:

Cruyff Turn

Shambles if he is given four games.

The League cup embarrassment has to signal the end.

Levein is shooting himself in the foot if he doesnt chuck him this week.

Not a lot of the fanbase like him (Levein) just now, but if he fails to admit he made a mistake and sack cathro, the majority if not all will turn against him.

Agree entirely.

Levein & Budge need to take the supports unanimous view on Cathro into account whether they agree with it or not.

This is a game based on results, performances and expectations, there is no room for sentiment.

It's not so dire as to lose to Peterhead and Dunfermline. A proper manager should get more out of it.

Yes it's better than Cathro has got out of it. That's saying little. It's still absolutely murder and without significant additions set for bottom 6.

Bowmans_Boot

How is my post smug?

I don't believe Ann or the club take us for granted or don't care what we think.

As long as we pay our money, Ann/the club doesnt give a flying ****.

Why should ST holders renew? They will have a shiny new stand (at some point, and which they paid for) to look at.

Agree entirely.

Levein & Budge need to take the supports unanimous view on Cathro into account whether they agree with it or not.

This is a game based on results, performances and expectations, there is no room for sentiment.

Exactly, You simply cannot ignore what the fans want, especially when she has no problem asking us to empty our pockets.

This situation could be made 1000X worse if not handled this week.   

I know one of the dads of one of our(just departed)young goalkeepers. Him, and the laddie, both said that no one changes a lightbulb at Tynecastle or Riccarton without Levein knowing about it. He rules the whole operation with an iron fist and he doesn't tolerate or take on board any other opinion.

No head coach, who wanted to be his own man with his own ideas could EVER work under Levein. Such a person will NEVER be appointed whilst Levein is here.(according to the players dad)

If it's the guy I'm thinking of he's been saying the same thing for a long time.

Why should ST holders renew? They will have a shiny new stand (at some point, and which they paid for) to look at.

That is not true. Ann cares an awful lot and has demosntrated on numerous occasions.

Budge really not covering herself in glory here, during the first real "tough" time on the park during her tenure.

She's great at making statements when the fans misbehave - how about showing some true leadership and speaking out now. 48 hours since Saturday's debacle and not a peep just isn't good enough.

This clearly adept businesswomen is really not running her business particularly well given her "customers", the fans (and ultimately the future owners of the club) are being left in the dark right now.

:2thumbsup:

Busby nets the rebound

Perhaps the club are working out a compensation package.? If they are, this is understandable. If not, they are making a huge mistake.

If he has agreed to walk after the 4 games no compensation..

Dallas Green

I just don't agree with you.

Clearly club has no money to sack him as it's been wasted on poor recruitment from previous seasons paying players off etc and 2 million over budget on new stand. Looks like we are stuck with him.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Cool. We don't agree with you.

Bowmans_Boot

Fair enough, but why not? I gave an example of Ann being out of touch.

I really hope that he hasn't been given four games.  It would show they don't have faith in him so just get rid now.  I'm actually even more annoyed about this now than I was on Saturday.

ford donald

Not true, Rix was a good footballer, at least he had that.

Rix was a good coach,but again not a manager,it's night and day..

Surely they are not stupid enough to give him another 4 games, he's a dead man walking, there is absolutely no way back for the guy

Why are the club delaying the inevitable

Archived