Board Meeting

Paulie Walnut

Whether it was your intention or not...

Most agree with you about Neilson but banging on about him achieves nothing! So what if they were wrong about Neilson. They're right about Cathro and that's all that matters.

I just reply when it comes up. Haven't started a single thread about him. I genuinely think Hearts fans who wanted Neilson out are complete arseholes and deserve to be reminded of it at every opportunity. If it wasn't Cathro someone else coming in mid season would have had a difficult time. Those of us supporting Neilson pointed that out and implored people to get behind him. Who knows, if that had happened he may have turned down Mk as he turned down other approaches.

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cruyff Turn

Do they think that if they hide away for 5 away games everyone will just forget all about it ? :rofl:

Geoff the Mince

I just reply when it comes up. Haven't started a single thread about him. I genuinely think Hearts fans who wanted Neilson out are complete arseholes and deserve to be reminded of it at every opportunity. If it wasn't Cathro someone else coming in mid season would have had a difficult time. Those of us supporting Neilson pointed that out and implored people to get behind him. Who knows, if that had happened he may have turned down Mk as he turned down other approaches.

So anyone who didn't love Neilson is an arsehole ?

Rudolf's Mate

IMO you lost any credibility when you said the plane incident was your most embarrassing moment as a Hearts fan.

I can understand why/how some may have thought it was embarrassing but to be the most!

sandylejambo

the board are taking the piss if they are not going to sack Cathro, this is without doubt then a vanity project by the people at the top, that we the fans are paying for, well they can F***-o**  if that's their plan, this will not be forgotten and will sour the legacy of the current board when we unceremoniously show them the pavement.  

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

the board are taking the piss if they are not going to sack Cathro, this is without doubt then a vanity project by the people at the top, that we the fans are paying for, well they can ****-o** if that's their plan, this will not be forgotten and will sour the legacy of the current board when we unceremoniously show them the pavement.

This. ****'em.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

the board are taking the piss if they are not going to sack Cathro, this is without doubt then a vanity project by the people at the top, that we the fans are paying for, well they can ****-o** if that's their plan, this will not be forgotten and will sour the legacy of the current board when we unceremoniously show them the pavement.

Agreed

A plane was flown over the stadium with a banner asking for his removal. A plane. Over the stadium. With a banner. When we were doing fine. The most embarrassing moment in my Hearts supporting life.

Yes, I'm sure that and the constant booing and negativity from the terraces where we were doing comparatively well, encouraged him to stay when he was making his final decision.

The point is, NEXT time can some fans have a bit more perspective? Because, you know, they got their wish and look where we needed up.

Hahahaha. Oh my days. I've never read so much shite in one post. "Most embarrassing moment of my Hearts supporting life". You've actually cheered me up! Classic.

Am I right in saying that the board have made no comment whatsoever? That is outrageous and a dereliction of duty.

I'm truly stunned. Season over on 31 July.

Nelly Terraces

A plane was flown over the stadium with a banner asking for his removal. A plane. Over the stadium. With a banner. When we were doing fine. The most embarrassing moment in my Hearts supporting life.

Yes, I'm sure that and the constant booing and negativity from the terraces where we were doing comparatively well, encouraged him to stay when he was making his final decision.

The point is, NEXT time can some fans have a bit more perspective? Because, you know, they got their wish and look where we needed up.

1. He wanted a new challenge & to manage in England.

2. An English club with decent potential came in for him so he jumped at the chance.

3. Budge & Levein made no attempt to keep him.

4. But forget all that, 'he was pyoor hounded oot by the nasty mens!!1!'

1. He wanted a new challenge & to manage in England.

2. An English club with decent potential came in for him so he jumped at the chance.

3. Budge & Levein made no attempt to keep him.

4. But forget all that, 'he was pyoor hounded oot by the nasty mens!!1!'

Brilliant. Socrates does like to talk out his backside, he'll be along in a minute lauding Neilson's record in the cups and in Europe.

Governor Tarkin

A plane. Over the stadium. With a banner. When we were doing fine. The most embarrassing moment in my Hearts supporting life.

Getting rag-dolled by the cabbage on their way to winning the cup is one of mine.

Different priorities, I guess.

lost in space

Actually this is your most embarrassing moment as a Hearts fan - you just haven't realised it yet.

the board are taking the piss if they are not going to sack Cathro, this is without doubt then a vanity project by the people at the top, that we the fans are paying for, well they can ****-o**  if that's their plan, this will not be forgotten and will sour the legacy of the current board when we unceremoniously show them the pavement.  

If the if is correct I am right with you.

Why would the Board rush or even bother to take any action. The truth is that most on here, including myself are Hearts junkies, we need our Jambos hit every week at the least if possible.  Once you are hooked the Dealers , I mean the Board, know you are well and truly addicted.  I have been away from the supplier of this addictive habit for many years, but even with much rehab, NHL hockey,CFL and NFL football, still a total Hearts junkie.  The dealer in this case  The Board know that, they know they will get hassled occasionally, but the profits from their unfeeling business make the suffering of others minimal to their needs, the solution is to quit the addiction completely. go on see if you can, see how many Saturdays you can stay Hearts free.

The thread title keeps on making me think of Flight of the Conchords....Board Meeting! Anne "Present", Craig "Present" :lol:

3fingersreid

Does IC actually have the backing and support of the board ?

KyleLafferty

You do know they can't go sacking people at a drop of a hat? There's legal procedures to go through and if they are trying to get rid they will be coming to an agreement first! People on here need to chill out, can guarantee no one on this forum knows anything about what's being done

Governor Tarkin

Behave

Why?

It's a perfectly reasonable position to take.

Style of play is all subjective. I'm happy if we leave the ground with points on the board and we did that more often than not under Neilson. I don't see you condemning the plane or the other ejects who hounded Neilson for reasons known only to themselves.

Nah, I got carpal tunnel syndrome after responding to all the other nonsense you posted. Anyway , this isn't about me condemning (or not) anything. It's about your posts , but as usual you digress.

Goodnight. 

I think you may have mentioned this once or twice!

And why shouldn't i ! Cathro Daly Kirk whats his name that was at Cowdenbeath among other old pals of Levein. Has Levein ever heard of the saying Best Person For The Job instead of give your pal a job.

Why would the Board rush or even bother to take any action. The truth is that most on here, including myself are Hearts junkies, we need our Jambos hit every week at the least if possible. Once you are hooked the Dealers , I mean the Board, know you are well and truly addicted. I have been away from the supplier of this addictive habit for many years, but even with much rehab, NHL hockey,CFL and NFL football, still a total Hearts junkie. The dealer in this case The Board know that, they know they will get hassled occasionally, but the profits from their unfeeling business make the suffering of others minimal to their needs, the solution is to quit the addiction completely. go on see if you can, see how many Saturdays you can stay Hearts free.

I've decided to go watch City v Montrose on Saturday. Won't make much of a difference to the board or Cathro. But I'll avoid a higely disappointing yet expected humping from Celtic.

Up to 16 pages and no report well proper  one with those in the Ken..love it

So 16 pages and  it looks like there wasny even a board meeting

You gotta laugh..only on KB.LOL

Was there actually a board meeting at all?.Meethinks not.All just speculation as per.Usual wall of silence from those behind the scenes. Move along now nothing to see hear .

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

The thread title keeps on making me think of Flight of the Conchords....Board Meeting! Anne "Present", Craig "Present" :lol:

:laugh:

I can actually imagine the meetings panning out like that

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

So he's still here then?

Eff me!

He is. ****'em. This regime is fast sliding down the popularity ranks...

Was there actually a board meeting at all?.Meethinks not.All just speculation as per.Usual wall of silence from those behind the scenes. Move along now nothing to see hear .

The Board meeting could have been to discuss transfers such as Johnsen or maybe even Walker

Escobar PHM

You've all got it wrong. It was a BORED meeting !!!

Gordon Ramsay

Doubt there even was a meeting.

He's going nowhere.

Cathros got plenty more records to break and Budge/Levein are happy for him to do this.

He is sucking the soul out of the club.

rudi must stay

Hearts job is the new poisoned chalice

Not at all. Plenty of good players here, Cathro has just done a strange job. Possibly we'll bear the fruits of what he was trying to do in the future, but right now he isn't getting results, and that's the most important thing

Glamorgan Jambo

Does IC actually have the backing and support of the board ?

If he did they'd have said something to deflect pressure from IC onto themselves. The fact nothing has been said either indicates a division on the board or more likely the sequence of removals and interim appointments being worked on.

Not at all. Plenty of good players here, Cathro has just done a strange job. Possibly we'll bear the fruits of what he was trying to do in the future, but right now he isn't getting results, and that's the most important thing

What fruits? Demoralised team? Angry fans? Low league position?

Honestly, since 4-1 I've seen little rays of light and certainly no fruit.

I've heard from someone fairly reliable that he will be gone before Saturday and Houston will be the replacement. Don't normally post info like this and I'm not overly excited with the replacement but to be honest anyone will be an improvement on what we have.

If he did they'd have said something to deflect pressure from IC onto themselves. The fact nothing has been said either indicates a division on the board or more likely the sequence of removals and interim appointments being worked on.

I think they're formulating a plan so it's a good sign there has been no announcement either way. Everyone, including the board, knows that this will not be allowed to continue beyond the next 4 or 5 games.

3fingersreid

Would love to here them give the old dreaded vote of confidence to the media , a sure fire sign he's on the way out .

I think your last line is probably very close to the mark tho .

Nucky Thompson

I think they're formulating a plan so it's a good sign there has been no announcement either way. Everyone, including the board, knows that this will not be allowed to continue beyond the next 4 or 5 games.

It shouldn't be allowed to continue beyond the next 4 or 5 hours. I can't believe he's still here!

Winston Ingram

I think that's precisely when people expect support from their employer.

And having it done in public would be enough for most people to get themselves off sick with stress.

Why do people feel they are entitled to blood in public? It's sick when you think about it. Let the guy get on with his job. If he gets sacked, he gets sacked. Until then he's entitled to get on with his work with a bit of dignity and without his employer humiliating him in public to keep a bunch of completely unqualified amateurs on some internet forums happy.

I'm not saying he;s doing a good job, not for a moment. But the sense of entitlement about another person's job is ridiculous. Hardly helpful either.

At a guess.. because "the public" are giving forward quite a lot of money as this shambles continues.

I've heard from someone fairly reliable that he will be gone before Saturday and Houston will be the replacement. Don't normally post info like this and I'm not overly excited with the replacement but to be honest anyone will be an improvement on what we have.

:sniff:

ford donald

Hope its reliable info.Would make sense. :tlj:

Cathro does not get pay off.He gets paid every month till he finds another job.Then breach of contract..Butcher had a great time and. no hurry to find job.

Is that not called gardening leave?

Dunno what I feel about Houston.

Didn't want him to replace Locke when we thought he might be going - not sure how far he can take us really

Solid but unspectacular

Ok if we want 4th and 5th most years.

United fans were happy to enter rid of him in the end were they not?

The sort of manager we will get if we panic and rush things IMO.

Is that not called gardening leave?

I like the idea of an allotment full of football managers. It would make a good reality TV show.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I don't get this whole panic buy nonsense. We remove Cathro and put MacPhee in charge, because, after all, there's no way he'd be any worse! Advertise the job and allow MacPhee and anyone else to apply for it.

There is no sensible scenario that involves keeping Cathro in charge.

Of course not. And the original suggestion was silly or at least a bit of hyperbole. But Hibs didn't win it in 1958. And they weren't a lower division side in 1958. And 3-4 suggests we made a game of it. And Tommy Walker had earned some leeway by then.

So did we win the cup because we beat Hibs in the semi in 2006? Could have sworn it was because we won on pens vs Gretna. 2012 on the other hand... does that mean we actually beat Celtic to win the cup? confused.com

Archived