Board Meeting

Paulie Walnut

I would like to hope that in this board meeting that not only was Cathro's future discussed and hopefully decided (punt him asap) but I would also like to think that Levein was being reviewed as well because he has to be held accountable for the Cathro project failing spectacularly

The rest of the Board would have to ask Levein to leave then because he is an executive director

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not massively surprised that someone who has just departed (or their dad) has less than complimentary things to say about the people who make decisions at the Academy. This may be true enough, but I'd be reluctant just to take their word for it.

It's not a generic criticism or insult, though, like "Levein's a fud". It's a specific criticism of micromanagement.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

From the moment I heard his interview after Raith away I knew he would never be able to lead a dressing room. :lol: Glad we might be getting rid of him before the season starts. I think the LC was a blessing in disguise.

Hopefully the best transfer news of the year is about to come. :thumbsup:

"It was a situation...eh aye"- Ian Cathro

Words from a football visionary..an analytical genius :phface:

I would like to hope that in this board meeting that not only was Cathro's future discussed and hopefully decided (punt him asap) but I would also like to think that Levein was being reviewed as well because he has to be held accountable for the Cathro project failing spectacularly

I doubt it. Levien is on the board and doubt very much he received himself.

Five to One

The rest of the Board would have to ask Levein to leave then because he is an executive director

If the Board do nothing, then they are condoning failure at the Club. 

Jambof3tornado

I'm not massively surprised that someone who has just departed (or their dad) has less than complimentary things to say about the people who make decisions at the Academy. This may be true enough, but I'd be reluctant just to take their word for it.

This.

Archibald has done well at Partick however he also oversaw successive 6-0 and 5-0 defeats to Aberdeen and Celtic at the end of last season. Fair enough, the 2 best sides in the league but it wouldn't fill me with great optimism. I guess part of the issue is there is noone really standing out.

He seems to have an eye for a player and comes across really well in interviews. Over achieved with Partick granted that's a couple of pumpings but by he season was effectively over. Not an excuse but a valid reason for a couple of pumpings. I'd take him in a heartbeat. Anyway off topic slightly. Cathro been sacked yet?

I am more than happy for MacPhee to be interim head coach (would love it if he cut his hair though...!)

He talks well, does most of the shouting from the dugout and proven assistant coach with NI with players coming to Hearts because of him

Can look for a long term replacement in the meantime unless MacPhee rapidly excels

If they are going to do it they need to do it now. We are still players short and they would need to give the new manager some time to bring some players in before the end of the window

Winston Ingram

Cathro and Macphee didn't come as a team

It is perfectly feasible that Cathro could leave and Macphee stays

I presume I will now have fans telling me he is also shit and they know better than Michael O'Neil....

However as Macphee appears to have a link with a good number of the players it would seem daft for him to be emptied too.

We will continue to need an assistant coach no matter what happens.

Except they did... Cathro hand picked MacPhee as assistant.

People are getting continually mixed up as to what AM does with Northern Ireland. Jimmy Nicholl is assistant manager.

If the Board do nothing, then they are condoning failure at the Club. 

100 percent this!! 

No statement or announcement today, and cathro is still in the dugout on saturday there will be riots! 

I know most are seething with Levein also but if he makes a statment today and sacks ian, He will be redeeming himself slightly after his huge blunder of employing him.

If he doesnt, then well most if not all hearts fans will turn on him quickly. 

Pants Shaton

Archibald has done well at Partick however he also oversaw successive 6-0 and 5-0 defeats to Aberdeen and Celtic at the end of last season. Fair enough, the 2 best sides in the league but it wouldn't fill me with great optimism. I guess part of the issue is there is noone really standing out.

606-3.jpg

Would be a risky appointment - not for me.

Bungalow Bill

Replacing Cathro with MacPhee changes nothing. Hopefully just for one game.

It does if the problem is down to Cathro not being able to motivate the players.

606-3.jpg

Haha fecking hope not, my mum used to have a crush on him :D

From the moment I heard his interview after Raith away I knew he would never be able to lead a dressing room. :lol: Glad we might be getting rid of him before the season starts. I think the LC was a blessing in disguise.

Hopefully the best transfer news of the year is about to come. :thumbsup:

Spot on! I think if Boyd and others had kept quiet there is no way he would have been given the patience we've afforded him.

We're down at the moment but a decent manager in and tynie will be bouncing.

He seems to have an eye for a player and comes across really well in interviews. Over achieved with Partick granted that's a couple of pumpings but by he season was effectively over. Not an excuse but a valid reason for a couple of pumpings. I'd take him in a heartbeat. Anyway off topic slightly. Cathro been sacked yet?

My concern with Archibald (while I think he's done an amazing job at Thistle) is he's pretty much been with them all his career as player and manager. He knows the place inside out and has had loads of time to build his team with players he knows very well. The big question would be how he'd deal with coming into a new club with higher expectations and international players. He may well be brilliant but is it a chance we can take right now?

Jambo 4 Ever

People are getting continually mixed up as to what AM does with Northern Ireland. Jimmy Nicholl is assistant manager.

How about jimmy Nicholl as manager?

It's a huge call by the club if he don't sack Cathro. To keep fans onside they need to issue a statement either way. This is a turning point not only for Cathro, but for Budge as well. Get it wrong and the honeymoon period is well and truly over. It will end in tears if she ignores the clear view of the fans.

Glamorous Glue

Cathro and Macphee didn't come as a team

It is perfectly feasible that Cathro could leave and Macphee stays

I presume I will now have fans telling me he is also shit and they know better than Michael O'Neil....

However as Macphee appears to have a link with a good number of the players it would seem daft for him to be emptied too.

We will continue to need an assistant coach no matter what happens.

Hearts fans will base their opinion of MacPhee on the teams performance with him as part of the coaching team. Rightly so.

michael_bolton

My concern with Archibald (while I think he's done an amazing job at Thistle) is he's pretty much been with them all his career as player and manager. He knows the place inside out and has had loads of time to build his team with players he knows very well. The big question would be how he'd deal with coming into a new club with higher expectations and international players. He may well be brilliant but is it a chance we can take right now?

I agree. Hearts and Thistle are nowhere near the same thing.

There's a whole world of football coaches out there. We can look a bit further afield than 40 miles away.

Hearts fans will base their opinion of MacPhee on the teams performance with him as part of the coaching team. Rightly so.

I doubt we can even afford to sack both.

It's not a generic criticism or insult, though, like "Levein's a fud". It's a specific criticism of micromanagement.

The same sort of stuff was said about John Murray. It's probably the sort of chat you get in Academies across the country. When supporters turn against someone the "arrogant" thing is often the first insult that ends up being used. To me it often translates as "someone who just isn't doing what I want them to do" or "someone who doesn't seem to do bantz enough in front of the media".

Some people also talk of arrogance but also sometimes seem to mean that someone is just thorough, focused, composed or even maybe just has a really low tolerance for bullshit.

Like I said, it may be true enough, but disgruntled parents of disappointed children aren't the ones I'd look to for objectivity.

Cruyff Turn

How has wee Cathy no been launched yet, how long does it take to clear a desk?

I'll be completely miffed if we hear nothing today.

It's a case of back him or sack him but the supporters deserve to know what is happening and how we proceed. We've made it pretty clear our feelings on the subject and I think the ownership must acknowledge that.

Slevinkelevra

I have a feeling we are all about to be disappointed, and a statement will be issued stating that they are aware results of late have not been what were expected, however they back cathro and are behind him to turn things around. Def not an ITK post, it just seems to me that if he was going to leave he would have done so by now.

Very valid point. He just strikes me as the sort of guy who would take it in his stride and I'd be happy to have him. Can't really think of anyone else I'd want.

How has wee Cathy no been launched yet, how long does it take to clear a desk?

I'll be completely miffed if we hear nothing today.

It's a case of back him or sack him but the supporters deserve to know what is happening and how we proceed. We've made it pretty clear our feelings on the subject and I think the ownership must acknowledge that.

correct

I have a feeling we are all about to be disappointed, and a statement will be issued stating that they are aware results of late have not been what were expected, however they back cathro and are behind him to turn things around. Def not an ITK post, it just seems to me that if he was going to leave he would have done so by now.

Totally agree the silence from tynecastle is very worrying and frustrating

Like ditching one of the Chuckle Brothers and giving the other his own show and expecting it to be better.

:touche:  :10900:  :10900:

Fultons Right Leg

Thats my take on it as well.

He might have picked him but they haven't travelled around the world joined at the hip like JJ, BB and Locke did.

He's going nowhere. Levein and Cathro are far too arrogant to admit failure; I suspect they'd watch us relegated before they'd admit Cathro is ****in clueless!

Totally agree the silence from tynecastle is very worrying and frustrating

Getting rid is the easy bit : they need to agree and announce what the interim/new arrangements would be. That will take time. 

But I wouldn't be in the least surprised if the beatings (quite literally) are to continue until morale improves. 

Guess The Crowd

606-3.jpg

Unfortunately, there's a Kind of Hush from Tynecastle

Slevinkelevra

Thats my take on it as well.

They have to issue some sort of statement though surely, im very surprised it has taken so long to do so. Either means cathro is in a very long meeting sorting the finer points of his " release" or nothing is happening and its business as usual. The silence is frustrating though

I suspect they'd watch us relegated before they'd admit Cathro is ****** clueless!

Not a chance, i reckon buidge would have something to say about that!! 

We would be losing to much money and she would not stand for that. 

Glamorous Glue

Not a chance, i reckon buidge would have something to say about that!!

We would be losing to much money and she would not stand for that.

That's the sad thing, it would probably be the money and not the football that triggers it.

That's the sad thing, it would probably be the money and not the football that triggers it.

Hard to disagree with that at this point in time

This. 

Independence

He's going nowhere. Levein and Cathro are far too arrogant to admit failure; I suspect they'd watch us relegated before they'd admit Cathro is ****** clueless!

Wow! I take it this is meant to be funny?

sairyinthat

Gardening leave and hope some club offer him a position,no chance he will walk away unfortunately.It would ensure we don't pay an immediate settlement on his contract.

Heres Rixxy

Her job is to look after the business side primarily. It's the DOF who is supposed to make the calls on the footballing side.

If/when the football side is making a tangible negavtive impact on the business, she would correctly only intervene then IMO.

Folk can't just go saying let's go for Archibald, Wright or Houston?? These managers are under contract and would require a fee (we don't even do that for players) and a whole load of legal pish. Sometimes a I little thought would go a long way on here.

Wow! I take it this is meant to be funny?

Not particularly. Craig Levein is the biggest arrogant tosser of a man I've ever met. It took him years to admit he was wrong play No a 4-6-0 for Scotland. He'll give Ian Cathro as long as possible to show any shred of ability. Of course relegation is a tongue in cheek comment but I'm telling you now. Losing 1st 5/6 games of the season is very difficult to recover from in terms or morale etc. If Cathro was going to lose his job he'd have done by now. And with 4 away games to start with there won't be the pressure of a huge discontent home support. I fully expect Cathro to be here for a while yet. I am however gonna pray every hour of every day That won't be the case!

He was Catain of Dundee Utd when Levein was Manager.

Glamorous Glue

Her job is to look after the business side primarily. It's the DOF who is supposed to make the calls on the footballing side.

If/when the football side is making a tangible negavtive impact on the business, she would correctly only intervene then IMO.

What about fans that have already paid? They surely deserve better than this. She runs a football club mind.

He was Catain of Dundee Utd when Levein was Manager.

Fair point. And as I say he could be a brilliant choice I just have concerns with managers who've been with a club for so long and then moved into management with that same club but I wouldn't be disappointed with him if it was to happen.

Jambof3tornado

Folk can't just go saying let's go for Archibald, Wright or Houston?? These managers are under contract and would require a fee (we don't even do that for players) and a whole load of legal pish. Sometimes a I little thought would go a long way on here.

We paid a fee for Isma.

Archived