Board Meeting

Paulie Walnut

Completely agree with your last sentence but it is the players too. The squad is dreadful and whoever ends up coming in, whenever that happens is going to have another huge task overhauling the rabble they've been left with. Cathro is categorically not getting what he should be out of the squad but we are miles away from having a good team due to the awful recruitment we've seen over the last 18 months or so. There are holes throughout the team and squad and a real lack of quality.

I don't think the squad is that bad, is there a few areas we desperately need to strengthen NOW, absolutely e.g. we need a bully in midfield, we need pace and 'real' width (not Don Cowie) and maybe a bit more depth but generally I think a new manager would get much, much more out of this team.

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Elias Henry Furst

Sorry but I just don't get this "we're going to get humped so why bother changing just now" attitude.

If we're so sure that the current management team are incapable of getting a result in our opening 4-5 matches then all the more reason to get rid.

Problem is, no one will currently be lined up to take over. It could take 4/5 weeks to get who we want in so any change now would only result in Daly/Macphee/whoever taking interim control. With the start we have is it fair to expose them like that?

I reckon they'll know he's toast and a change will need to be made sooner rather than later. There'll be targets getting sounded out in the next few weeks.

I'd absolutely agree that we should be doing all we can to get the maximum possible return from the opening fixtures but I'm unsure whether replacing Cathro now and having an interim team in place would do that.

I suppose from the board's point of view it's about making the best of an extremely difficult, shitty position. Hindsights a wonderful thing. Upon reflection he clearly should have left last season.

I think we all know he's finished. Let's hope they take the next few weeks in identifying the right guy.

Francis Albert

Problem is, no one will currently be lined up to take over. It could take 4/5 weeks to get who we want in so any change now would only result in Daly/Macphee/whoever taking interim control. With the start we have is it fair to expose them like that?

I reckon they'll know he's toast and a change will need to be made sooner rather than later. There'll be targets getting sounded out in the next few weeks.

I'd absolutely agree that we should be doing all we can to get the maximum possible return from the opening fixtures but I'm unsure whether replacing Cathro now and having an interim team in place would do that.

I suppose from the board's point of view it's about making the best of an extremely difficult, shitty position. Hindsights a wonderful thing. Upon reflection he clearly should have left last season.

I think we all know he's finished. Let's hope they take the next few weeks in identifying the right guy.

I don't think anyone would be "exposed" at Parkhead. There is zero expectation. The other interim option would of course be Levein and there could be no possible objection to "exposing" the architect of the current mess.

All roads lead to Gorgie

The board have taken the right action and deserve our full backing now. 

Archived