Board Meeting

Paulie Walnut

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heartsmad1874

So what happens if we line someone up, Cathro miraculously wins a couple of games so we have to stick with him? Makes us look pretty unprofessional. We need a definite decision.

No danger Cathro is turning this around :lol:

Miracle to break all miracles.

upgotheheads

He has been given 4 games

I posted the same thing last week in the event of us losing to dunfermline but in retrospect I don't think it will happen.

If we lose to Huns and tic but get some points from killie and Well where would that leave us and him.

He really should be gone today, I feel sorry for him but he's lost all credibility as a manager.

Back to 2005

Joke. The players are not playing for him. We are starting the season with a handicap.

Honestly never heard so much shit.Not getting rid because we have 4 tough away games coming up.**** that's exactly why we should be getting rid now instead of later.

Frank Sidebottom

Because away from home we have been awful for years- it means Cathro takes the fall for these, and the new guy comes in after that

A new manager facing those games would be goosed before he began

its sensible

What would even more sensible would be to punt Cathro now and stick with an interim management team of Macphee, Kirk, Daly etc. until a new head coach was identified and approached.

That's a shocking decision.

Is it a shocking decision?

It is.

:D

So barring a miracle a new management team will be in place after the transfer window closes. Very convenient for some.

Queue mass changes in January and another season written off. How many years left in the 5 year plan?

Nookie Bear

The club never saw this coming. They have no idea what to do. Another 4 games ? To prove what ? They are all desperate for him to survive and possibly hoping that playing away from home for the next few weeks will take the pressure off him and the team.

But now some are saying it's good because it allows us to identify a replacement and go through that process, while Cathro works his notice?

I appreciate we are trying to be different sometimes but this never happens. Sack him, advertise and start the process now.

What is the expectation from these four games? What if we pick up, say, 4 points? Is that enough?

If this is confirmed then it's a shambles and smacks of indecision.

4 games gives the new manager no time to shape the squad in the current window. Complete waste of time.

He would have little time and **** all budget anyway

The major negative of going him any more time is the huge job any new manager has sorting out what is a shite squad and therefore the transfer window closing before the change is made. One thing is certain Cathro should not be allowed to do any further damage there.

Jambof3tornado

4 games 6 points mininum.

If he gets 12/12 then he gets to stay.

He's not getting 2 points from those 4 games.

He will have some of the Walker money for starters.

4 games gives the new manager no time to shape the squad in the current window. Complete waste of time.

Yep, shocking decision. He's definitely offered his resignation mind. If the 4 games is true it's for him to try for the first month then they will accept it. Brace, but ****ing stupid choice.

glynnlondon

I though club communication was bad under vlad. It is just as bad now. Roll up, give us your cash, we don't need to tell you anything.

Vlad would've got shot of him months ago.

As an aside if we are going to see active Levein 'interference' we'll see it in these four games IMO

I think the opposite tbh.

Makes no sense this.

If you were Berra or Lafferty, an experienced pro who knows the game inside out, would you continue to try a leg for some wee laddie, totally out of his depth. I suspect as soon as players find out he has a make or break 4 games left, they will down tools to get him punted. They have long term win bonuses to consider.

Perhaps is the cynic in me, but giving someone 4 games, if true, essentially takes us past the transfer window and eliminates the need for a new manager to be given a chance to sign new players. With our money issues, this wouldn't surprise me. Smells of cop out to me.

If someone is only being given 4 games, they should just go now. It turns us into a shambles and further risks our season. Think about it for a second. We get a draw at Motherwell or Killie, or even both. Would this then mean it would be ok for him to then lose his next 26 after it. What happens when we hit a slump, as all teams do. Does Cathro have the motivational skill set to dig us out - Don't think so.

Get him moved on now.

Glamorous Glue

It's only 31st July and you know nothing about the budget or potential sales.

Vlad would've got shot of him months ago.

Vlad would have got shot of Robbie 12 games into the championship season to be fair...

Cruyff Turn

If this 4 games is true we've basically handed ourselves a 12 point deduction.

What's the point in giving him 4 games? He's already had 7 months of games to tell us everything we need to know.

This is stupidity on stilts.

If true the whole lot of them need to go.

I can normally leave my frustration behind as soon as I leaf e the stadium. I have to be honest I wasn't at the game Saturday as I'm on holiday but watched it on BT. I can't get rid of the frustration this time around. Got hibs mates absolutely lapping this shit fest up. It's not going to get any better I have been telling myself it will click for ****ing months. Celtic will destroy us on Saturday.

Romanov wouldn't have appointed the smirking arse.

He appointed Rix basically a sex offending version of Cathro

Romanov wouldn't have appointed the smirking arse.

He appointed a lip-licking sex pest with hardly any managerial experience instead.

Bowmans_Boot

I though club communication was bad under vlad. It is just as bad now. Roll up, give us your cash, we don't need to tell you anything.

It is worse now. Absolutely awful. For example, what is the position on the funding for the new stand? When I raised that before I was told, "Ann doesnt look worried so neither am I". The same for our joke of a "Head Coach"?

But what do we do?

Our next manager needs to be the right ******* one.

I'd rather the club took 4 weeks to do it than 4 days.

Cathro is better being in the firing line for these games than Daly. What's the point in Daly getting brought down with everybody else?

And this is why they should never have let this situation occur. He should have been gone long before now and as predicted we are now ina complete mess. It should not take long to get somebody in. We won't be poaching someone from any club that needs massive compensation that's for sure. That said the last thing any new coach needs is the horrendous start I believe this team is almost guaranteed to have in the league so I'm not as set on somebody else being in especially for Saturday though I do believe Cathro should be punted today.

Glamorous Glue

Easy ride for Budge with the 4 games being away from home. No need to sprint for the exits again when we lose. Pathetic if he is given even one more game.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

If true- completely insane decision. It means the season is over before its even begun. All the narrative is now disturbingly about avoiding relegation...and we're seeing that scenario play out right now. We will lose all 4 games with Cathro in charge.

the big show

The right new manager will lift it again

Better the right new manager than a rushed job within the next 3 days

AYE .. But on the other foot a new manager would get the chance to implement what he wants right from the start of the league campaign , However giving Cathro 4 games could mean the new manager is then trying to play catch with the rest if we get 0 points and goals against tony gilenty in these 4 games, and not to mention the players confidence going further down the swanny . Say what you like but it is a big possibility and find it crazy if this has not been looked at or even taken into concideration  ..

Nookie Bear

He appointed a lip-licking sex pest with hardly any managerial experience instead.

But he had experience, plus over 400 top flight games and England caps as well.

And Vlad sacked him after four months.

Not really the same.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

:rofl:

No they are not.

Smug post. There is contempt in the radio silence.

I was hoping to hear something before I go off to work.

It's just silence from Ann and Craig it looks as though he's still in a job which is just ridiculous if we can't get out of a group consisting of mostly part timers,how are we going to get on against Celtic.

Nookie Bear

Any manager brought in now will to sign players will end up with a similar rushed job as January.

An essential role of the DoF is to ensure continuity of transfer policy so CL needs to ensure this.

glynnlondon

Could be right re the window.

Utterly pointless keeping a dead man in the job for 4 games.

Why don't we do what a normal club would and put an interim team in place.

Just doesn't make sense , another example of ineptitude.

lost in space

The 4th game is on 26 August - gives new man some late shopping in this window - if there are any funds.

heartsfc_fan

If Cathro does stay then get booted after the 4th game, a new manager would have around 5 days to bring in any additional players before the window closes. Not ideal.

Can't help but feel this is just a delaying tactic. But a strange one at that.

Any manager brought in now will to sign players will end up with a similar rushed job as January.

I would disagree with that. There is far more flexibility in the rest of this window than there is in the January one. I don't believe we have much of a budget to work with though. Fees for Johnson and Djoum would help.

Bowmans_Boot

He appointed Rix basically a sex offending version of Cathro

Haha That made me laugh!

Everyone knows we will lose on Saturday so what (if anything) would make them pull the trigger next weekend? If they won't sack him after the disgraceful League Cup efforts I don't see the likely 3 or 4-0 loss to Celtic but would a 6 or 7 zip? Or are we literally needing us to lose all 4 away games to get rid of him?

Bowmans_Boot

If Cathro does stay then get booted after the 4th game, a new manager would have around 5 days to bring in any additional players before the window closes. Not ideal.

Can't help but feel this is just a delaying tactic. But a strange one at that.

More "shite" than "strange".

Archived