Board Meeting

Paulie Walnut

Hartleys_Jam_Tart

I can't remember the last time I was this nervous on a Monday morning. Please let him be away.

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The players were meant to be off today so I would say it is something.

Wouldn't be surprised if that's Cathro's doing as he will blame the players and have them in for extra training. It couldn' t possibly be his fault in his eyes.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Joke really isn't it?

I remember after a poor result on a Saturday in the 90s under JJ , I spotted Hearts training on the Sunday morning on the smallest AstroTurf pitch at Saughton.

Crammed in playing an intense two touch game with a scowling JJ at the side of the park.

Indeed. I thought it was strange when it was posted that they were off for two days. Like you said they should have been in yesterday and today. Lack of effort should always have consequences. Not party at MacPhee's.

:facepalm:

Replacing Cathro with MacPhee changes nothing. Hopefully just for one game.

Like ditching one of the Chuckle Brothers and giving the other his own show and expecting it to be better.

You are underestimating how ruthless Craig Levein is.

He has to admit making a mistake first...

I agree but we know it can take the best part of two weeks just to identify and acquire a new manager.

I'll hazard a guess and say our aim will be to have a new gaffer in for the second league game. Be surprised if we move that fast or conditions allow us to install a newby by Saturday.

Jesus, we've (brutally) sacked the bus driver and all!?

Made me chuckle

Exactly. Surely McPhee is just as culpable as Cathro. Get the pair of them away along with Levein. Then we would have no shortage of applicants.

I agree but we know it can take the best part of two weeks just to identify and acquire a new manager.

I'll hazard a guess and say our aim will be to have a new gaffer in for the second league game. Be surprised if we move that fast or conditions allow us to install a newby by Saturday.

I suspect they'll wait until after the Celtic game.

Getting a new guy in and throwing him straight into the fire for a Parkhead pumping isn't going to be doing him any favours.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Does anyone think Cathro's arrogance would have allowed much input from MacPhee? I think some would be pleasantly surprised. He has 1000000x the personality Cathro has.

I wouldn't be against it is all I'm saying.

I can't believe that we would not have been looking around for a potential replacement in the last couple of weeks. If not then Levein should be sacked for that alone.

Jesus, we've (brutally) sacked the bus driver and all!?

Aye. In Cathro own words.... The control operator of the passenger vehicle was unable to control the interactive moment of traffic en route to Peterhead leaving his players unable to concentrate their minds on the task before them.

In English. ... the bus was late!

I suspect they'll wait until after the Celtic game.

Getting a new guy in and throwing him straight into the fire for a Parkhead pumping isn't going to be doing him any favours.

agree.

Does anyone think Cathro's arrogance would have allowed much input from MacPhee? I think some would be pleasantly surprised. He has 1000000x the personality Cathro has.

Where I'm at. Might also hold more respect with the Northern Irish lads too.

FWIW I don't think there's a chance he's gone today. He'll be in the dugout next week IMO.

...a bit disco

I can't believe that we would not have been looking around for a potential replacement in the last couple of weeks. If not then Levein should be sacked for that alone.

Problem is though that this League Cup farce was pretty much BoomBoomBoom. I don't think anyone really saw it coming either.

Not sure how this all works ..but will Cathro be sword fencing with CL or AB for best financial deal and then wording on he was relieved or he resigned for the good of the team. This will be carefully worded to give all concerned some comfort - could mean it takes a good few hours not days hopefully.

Any sign of anyone at Tynie ..surely some of the lads working on the stand can se some movement like Cathro parking up!

Having played Fife amateur and junior football I was aware of macphees affiliation with Cupar hearts and his starting up of AM soccer academy and team but never ever considered that he would be anywhere near a role such as his current one. Baffled me to be honest but he must have something about him

I agree. Cathro being able to lead a group always looked a problem.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I agree. Cathro being able to lead a group always looked a problem.

From the moment I heard his interview after Raith away I knew he would never be able to lead a dressing room. :lol: Glad we might be getting rid of him before the season starts. I think the LC was a blessing in disguise.

Hopefully the best transfer news of the year is about to come. :thumbsup:

I agree. It was your last para I was referring to bit didn't express it clearly. I'm all for him being humiliated when the lack of performance of the coaches is discussed.

Why would you want him humiliated? I want him held to account!

He is presiding over this fiasco and if what he says is true (Levein) then he is setting the way we play, the way coaches are coached ... Andy Kirk, John Daly, Arthur Daly Meryl Streep! ... cmon, surely u must see

We still don't really know what notes were being passed to Cathro and the players in the dugout and on the pitch

Was it : slow the play down

Or was it: pass the ball to the side more

Or even: Keep men behind the ball, we don't want to get caught on the counter

Jesus wept

We haven't played high tempo high pressing direct football for as long as I can remember and until Craig relinquishes control it will be more of the same dross being dished out

Even if cathro goes we shall await the next victim being rolled in front of us in a wheelbarrow telling us how he is going to make our preferred system work

We won't get an experienced manager in now as long as the DOF role is still in play ... Wright, Archibald, O'Neill etc ... why? They just won't put up with how to be told to play the game plus they won't be asked anyway - "they won't fit the selection criteria"

Nothing against Craig but total revamp needed - getting rid of cathro is only part 1

Macphee strikes me as a much better leader than Cathro. Every time the Muppet opened his mouth you cringed at what he had to say. Would have no problem with Macphee taking the role until we find someone to motivate these players. I'd love Alan Archibald

Problem is though that this League Cup farce was pretty much BoomBoomBoom. I don't think anyone really saw it coming either.

Sorry but I don't agree. After last season I would have thought a responsible DOF would have at least been working on plan B in the event that things did not work out.

A major part of senior management is planning for the unexpected.

...a bit disco

Jesus, we've (brutally) sacked the bus driver and all!?

toof-toof.jpg

...a bit disco

Sorry but I don't agree. After last season I would have thought a responsible DOF would have at least been working on plan B in the event that things did not work out.

If they were looking at a clean slate with his 'own team' of players for this season then you could maybe understand why they weren't looking at alternatives.

I do see your reasoning though, if Cathro's tenure as a whole is taken in to account.

Why would you want him humiliated? I want him held to account!

He is presiding over this fiasco and if what he says is true (Levein) then he is setting the way we play, the way coaches are coached ... Andy Kirk, John Daly, Arthur Daly Meryl Streep! ... cmon, surely u must see

We still don't really know what notes were being passed to Cathro and the players in the dugout and on the pitch

Was it : slow the play down

Or was it: pass the ball to the side more

Or even: Keep men behind the ball, we don't want to get caught on the counter

Jesus wept

We haven't played high tempo high pressing direct football for as long as I can remember and until Craig relinquishes control it will be more of the same dross being dished out

Even if cathro goes we shall await the next victim being rolled in front of us in a wheelbarrow telling us how he is going to make our preferred system work

We won't get an experienced manager in now as long as the DOF role is still in play ... Wright, Archibald, O'Neill etc ... why? They just won't put up with how to be told to play the game plus they won't be asked anyway - "they won't fit the selection criteria"

Nothing against Craig but total revamp needed - getting rid of cathro is only part 1

At last someone with my sentiments exactly. How very true but unfortunately most on here either don't see it or choose to ignore it.

Five to One

I think to be fair, even the most diehard Cathro critic thought he would at least take care of that group in the Betfred Cup. To not even qualify is frankly shambolic. 

If they were looking at a clean slate with his 'own team' of players for this season then you could maybe understand why they weren't looking at alternatives.

I do see your reasoning though, if Cathro's tenure as a whole is taken in to account.

My last sentence is the important part really.

...a bit disco

My last sentence is the important part really.

Knowing how stubborn Levein is though, he probably never even considered the unexpected!

Brighton Jambo

I keep logging on expectantly waiting for a 'he's gone' thread.... depressing that it's come to this

...a bit disco

I keep logging on expectantly waiting for a 'he's gone' thread.... depressing that it's come to this

Every time I see my Twitter tab exclaiming (1) it results in a frenzy of clicking!

Five to One

Players are off today seemingly.

Which is it? Others have posted that they're in today, but Cathro is absent?

letsalldothebeattie

I would like to hope that in this board meeting that not only was Cathro's future discussed and hopefully decided (punt him asap) but I would also like to think that Levein was being reviewed as well because he has to be held accountable for the Cathro project failing spectacularly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jambo 4 Ever

I think MacPhee came across much better in the meet the management event a few months ago.

Think the players would respect him more too

And with all our n Irish players here it would make sense

Escobar PHM

Knowing how stubborn Levein is though, he probably never even considered the unexpected!

I know one of the dads of one of our(just departed)young goalkeepers. Him, and the laddie, both said that no one changes a lightbulb at Tynecastle or Riccarton without Levein knowing about it. He rules the whole operation with an iron fist and he doesn't tolerate or take on board any other opinion.

No head coach, who wanted to be his own man with his own ideas could EVER work under Levein. Such a person will NEVER be appointed whilst Levein is here.(according to the players dad)

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Whats all this nonsense about the season not having started yet? Is the league cup not part of the season then? Were these betfred cup games friendlies? Bollocks the season has started and it has started and its the worst start to a season in living memory. :seething:

...a bit disco

I know one of the dads of one of our(just departed)young goalkeepers. Him, and the laddie, both said that no one changes a lightbulb at Tynecastle or Riccarton without Levein knowing about it. He rules the whole operation with an iron fist and he doesn't tolerate or take on board any other opinion.

No head coach, who wanted to be his own man with his own ideas could EVER work under Levein. Such a person will NEVER be appointed whilst Levein is here.(according to the players dad)

To be fair to Cathro (!) it certainly looked like Levein's influence was evident in the team at times. Despite us being told otherwise time and time again.

Winston Ingram

Apart from the fact he publicly spoke about it at end of last season?

jambo in iraq

i get this impression too. From seeing his detailed reports i think he will be an asset for the new manager. The fact that guys like Hughes, Smith and Lafferty came to us says more about him than Cathro

Escobar PHM

To be fair to Cathro (!) it certainly looked like Levein's influence was evident in the team at times. Despite us being told otherwise time and time again.

Levein is Cathro's mentor. His project if you like. Levein is essentially experimenting with our football club and Cathro is merely the guinea pig.

He has to go but I just don't see Budge doing it. He wont last 5 minutes under any kind of fan ownership.

I'm not massively surprised that someone who has just departed (or their dad) has less than complimentary things to say about the people who make decisions at the Academy. This may be true enough, but I'd be reluctant just to take their word for it.

Cathro and Macphee didn't come as a team

It is perfectly feasible that Cathro could leave and Macphee stays

I presume I will now have fans telling me he is also shit and they know better than Michael O'Neil....

However as Macphee appears to have a link with a good number of the players it would seem daft for him to be emptied too.

We will continue to need an assistant coach no matter what happens.

Alex Kintner

Dad of player we released hasn't got a nice word to say about our director of football? I, for one, am shocked at such a revelation.

Five to One

Whats all this nonsense about the season not having started yet? Is the league cup not part of the season then? Were these betfred cup games friendlies? Bollocks the season has started and it has started and its the worst start to a season in living memory. :seething:

Exactly, it would be bad enough if they had been pre-season friendlies. The fact these were competitive games says everything. 

Macphee strikes me as a much better leader than Cathro. Every time the Muppet opened his mouth you cringed at what he had to say. Would have no problem with Macphee taking the role until we find someone to motivate these players. I'd love Alan Archibald

Archibald has done well at Partick however he also oversaw successive 6-0 and 5-0 defeats to Aberdeen and Celtic at the end of last season. Fair enough, the 2 best sides in the league but it wouldn't fill me with great optimism. I guess part of the issue is there is noone really standing out.

Archived