Board Meeting

Paulie Walnut

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Change of plan I believe, got notified yesterday they are to attend a meeting.

Folk don't have the patience for this nonsense today. The only sacking that's looking likely today is mine for constantly checking in here!

Folk don't have the patience for this nonsense today. The only sacking that's looking likely today is mine for constantly checking in here!

lol

same

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Why is he still Head Coach of this football club?

**** off you arrogant little ****.

I honestly think if it was gonna be done it would have been done by now. Otherwise it is an unwanted nuisance in the build up to Saturday. It out to have been done immediately after the game. He's here for a while tet I suspect. Either way some communication would be nice. Even if it is just to say they back him. It'll put an end to the speculating in the short term at least

Cut The Crap

The board can't just let our horrendous league cup "campaign" pass without comment surely?

I hope the delay is down to them trying to put in place some type of interim solution.

Either way, somebody has to front up and say something.

Is there going to be a statement made at all today?!

I am starting to get seriously worried now.

He has been given 4 games

Cut The Crap

Hmm, bit of a fudge. 

Handy, though, since it takes us beyond the end of the transfer window.

I though club communication was bad under vlad. It is just as bad now. Roll up, give us your cash, we don't need to tell you anything.

Nookie Bear

I can't understand what justification there could be for keeping him on. A shocking run of results has continued into this season and I genuinely felt the Pars game was a make or break game for him, and that Budge would have believed the same.

Unless they are discussing MacPhee and Leveins futures then there is no reason for waiting.

Or they need to come out and back him....

Psychedelicropcircle

Ffs he's a dead man walking 4 games changes nowt.

Budge and Levein basically they are ****ing hiding.The very least they can do is come out with a statement regarding the cup exit.

2 different people text me the same thing and both usually know what's going on - just thought I would post it here but one of them was pretty definate.

Not surprised by this.

Can we assume it's much about performances as results

Are you replying to yourself? :rofl:

2 different people text me the same thing and both usually know what's going on - just thought I would post it here but one of them was pretty definate.

Cheers. 

the big show

Why the **** has he still got a job?

Because we have a DOF with a huge ego that seems to think he can do no wrong , Sacking him would only be another blot on his long list of mistakes .. Do people really think it is coincidence that he sat back and let Neilson take all the flak , and he is sitting back and letting Cathro take all the flak ,  Now what i would like to know is at what point does he become accountable for the utter shambles that has been going on for long enough now , Now make no mistake he has made countless mistakes and everybody knows it , However up untill now he seems untouchable and he can get away with it which seems strange , beginning to wonder if the cash cow is just for him given the amount he has actually spunked and he has still got us in a shambles ..

What is the minimum expectation from these 4 games?

Improved performances???

Can't see us taking much from the games points wise

Being slightly cynical, an extra four games does allow us to identify, discuss and agree terms with his successor. I totally agree that Cathro is a dead man walking but this approach does not press the panic button.

doctor jambo

I can't understand what justification there could be for keeping him on. A shocking run of results has continued into this season and I genuinely felt the Pars game was a make or break game for him, and that Budge would have believed the same.

Unless they are discussing MacPhee and Leveins futures then there is no reason for waiting.

Because away from home we have been awful for years- it means Cathro takes the fall for these, and the new guy comes in after that

A new manager facing those games would be goosed before he began

its sensible

Being slightly cynical, an extra four games does allow us to identify, discuss and agree terms with his successor. I totally agree that Cathro is a dead man walking but this approach does not press the panic button.

Correct.

What's the point in exposing Daly and Kirk to this start of the season with 4 away games.

Might as well be Cathro for that run.

Five to One

So what happens if we line someone up, Cathro miraculously wins a couple of games so we have to stick with him? Makes us look pretty unprofessional. We need a definite decision. 

Imo 4 more games only allo s morale in the dressing room to get even lower. That's a dangerous game to play.

Because away from home we have been awful for years- it means Cathro takes the fall for these, and the new guy comes in after that

its sensible

And he would be appointed in 4 days

Would be a rushed job depending on who is available and free from compo.

Pointless

its sensible

Is it **** sensible.Sensible to basically just throw away 12 points.A new guy might come in and have an instant reaction

If the club don't have anyone lined up then I understand the 4 games thing.

I don't. Anyone could do a better interim job. Get rid now. Never mind 4 games he already has had more than enough.

ford donald

I though club communication was bad under vlad. It is just as bad now. Roll up, give us your cash, we don't need to tell you anything.

:spoton:

Which are all away. One at Celtic Park, one at Ibrox. Firpark has hardly been a dream trip for us over the years.

He's going to need a miracle to do anything over those our games on current form.

Can only assume it is to buy time to find a replacement.

Giving him the Celtic game to lose makes sense, but a new coach should be expected to be able to deal with Kilmarnock away.

If so, it feels like the club's making a decision for non-footballing reasons. ie IC gets 4 games, all away, so if there's no improvement, there will be a change for our first home game, the hope being the fans will continue to buy season tickets and walk-up tickets knowing that either IC will have turned it round, or there will be change.

Imo 4 more games only allo s morale in the dressing room to get even lower. That's a dangerous game to play.

The right new manager will lift it again

Better the right new manager than a rushed job within the next 3 days

If the club don't have anyone lined up then I understand the 4 games thing.

I don't agree with it but it also means a new manager is not coming in take over this complete rabble of a squad and facing 4 games we would likely take little from anyway. And also gives them the 2 week international break before the Aberdeen game. Question is should we lose really heavily on Saturday will their hand be forced, are they really going to sit it out if we lose the first couple if these matches? I'm pretty dubious that Budge will be able to go another 4 weeks without blinking.

The club never saw this coming. They have no idea what to do. Another 4 games ? To prove what ? They are all desperate for him to survive and possibly hoping that playing away from home for the next few weeks will take the pressure off him and the team.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Are you replying to yourself? :rofl:

That's a shocking decision.

Is it a shocking decision?

It is.

The season will be over in 4 games.

No, it won't. A tad melodramatic, no?

Glamorous Glue

4 games gives the new manager no time to shape the squad in the current window. Complete waste of time.

I don't agree with it but it also means a new manager is not coming in take over this complete rabble of a squad and facing 4 games we would likely take little from anyway. And also gives them the 2 week international break before the Aberdeen game. Question is should we lose really heavily on Saturday will their hand be forced, are they really going to sit it out if we lose the first couple if these matches? I'm pretty dubious that Budge will be able to go another 4 weeks without blinking.

But what do we do?

Our next manager needs to be the right ****ing one.

I'd rather the club took 4 weeks to do it than 4 days.

Cathro is better being in the firing line for these games than Daly. What's the point in Daly getting brought down with everybody else?

Archived