Board Meeting

Paulie Walnut

ToadKiller Dog

The Celtic game is an expected defeat ,the useless bairn in charge or not .

Today is the perfect time to remove him ,someone new in for the Killie game .

Keeping him on longer would show a weak board and arrogant board ,and will only create more problems longer term .

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Winston Ingram

If a club the size of Hearts is just writing off away games "we'll lose no matter who is in charge" then that's scandalous.

This guy can't remain in post. What happens next happens next but an immediate improvement is getting rid of him.

By the end of last season I was nearly feeling sorry for Cathro and starting to feel that way now. Levein surely has to make statement and take questions from the media, it's his job.

Escobar PHM

Disastrous course of action if turns out to be true.

I'd like to see him gone today, but I believe they will wait for the storm to die down this week and leave him where he is. Mistake IMO ( and yours obviously) but I just cant see them being so decisive at this stage. If they are, its come from Budge, not Levein IMO She'll have to overrule him to get Cathro out at this stage.

Winston Ingram

I'd like to see him gone today, but I believe they will wait for the storm to die down this week and leave him where he is. Mistake IMO ( and yours obviously) but I just cant see them being so decisive at this stage. If they are, its come from Budge, not Levein IMO She'll have to overrule him to get Cathro out at this stage.

You are underestimating how ruthless Craig Levein is.

Heartsmad1874

Yeh but they still won't like it

And what if Lafferty takes a huff and has negative impact on rest of squad?

Thought you'd have given the 'big bad Lafferty' chat a rest by now :lol:

Allowayjambo1874

And he was having a right go at fans on the subscriptions thread. What a riddy.

Slagged me to **** as I had audacity to criticise club for not putting something in place for walk ups and then I find out he doesn't go! Unbelievable.

Fultons Right Leg

I've got a horrible feeling that nowts gonna change. This is it for the season, at least.

Mediocrity (at the very best) beckons.

indianajones

Levein did well for us as manager before.

Just sayin'.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

the big show

To be immediately replaced by whom?

To be replaced by McPhee until a suitable candicate or manager can be brought in , could he do any worse ? , The mear fact that the league is starting this coming Saturday and we are still sitting with a goalkeeper that has been a liabilty for long enough , a Midfield that has needing sorting for long enough shows how much a shambles we are in as these should have been prioritys , No excuses they have had more as enough time however it is just another mistake added to the long list that is already there .. 

Just sayin'.

he needs to be held accountable for his failure as director of football (I include pre carthro with years of terrible signings since promoted) - you don't do this be giving him a new job. you do it by sacking him.

Just sayin'.

I agree, also done really well at Dundee Utd as manager.

The Treasurer

If a club the size of Hearts is just writing off away games "we'll lose no matter who is in charge" then that's scandalous.

This guy can't remain in post. What happens next happens next but an immediate improvement is getting rid of him.

Correct, although I've seen nothing to suggest that is the case.

Saturday is a very difficult game, regardless of the way things are going at the club, but the other three matches should definitely be looked as winnable matches if the club has any ambition at all.

Sadly, with Cathro in charge, I can only see one outcome in all four of these games

Just sayin'.

I seem to remember, apart from a few highlights a lot of the football under him was pretty turgid. I'd take the results tho.

indianajones

he needs to be held accountable for his failure as director of football (I include pre carthro with years of terrible signings since promoted) - you don't do this be giving him a new job. you do it by sacking him.

I agree.

If the situation pans out as has been suggest above though I'd rather have Levein as manager and Cathro gone or moved to a coach role.

The situation being we can't afford to sack him and Levein wouldn't require a wage.

Personally i think Cathro should do the honorable thing and resign. He must know he doesn't have what it takes to be the boss and is so blatantly inept at it. If anything it would be self preservation and probably walk straight into a coaching role again.

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

Silence.

You'd think of it was the vote of confidence then it would be out by now? Hopefully just agreeing the severance deal.

indianajones

I seem to remember, apart from a few highlights a lot of the football under him was pretty turgid. I'd take the results tho.

I had a season ticket for his last season (the Bordeaux one maybe?) but can't remember much football wise. I was fairly young. I know for a fact we were a more organised unit though!

Sack C L give Cathro 5 games to prove himself.I still think he does not have control.With C L gone no excuses if things don't change he is out.

indianajones

I trust the source yes.

Fingers, toes, baws all crossed!

When I went to Bosnia on bus we watched a game plenty passing no shots at goal.At the back of the train stadium .Makes me think about Cathro 5 games only

Member of staff at Riccarton saying players are in as are the coaching team including Cathro. However he has not been seen since first thing and he is normally around and visible ..could be nothing but could be something!

I agree.

If the situation pans out as has been suggest above though I'd rather have Levein as manager and Cathro gone or moved to a coach role.

The situation being we can't afford to sack him and Levein wouldn't require a wage.

Personally i think Cathro should do the honorable thing and resign. He must know he doesn't have what it takes to be the boss and is so blatantly inept at it. If anything it would be self preservation and probably walk straight into a coaching role again.

I think he loves himself too much to admit defeat and resign.

Elias Henry Furst

Member of staff at Riccarton saying players are in as are the coaching team including Cathro. However he has not been seen since first thing and he is normally around and visible ..could be nothing but could be something!

I thought I'd read the players weren't due in till Tuesday?

Maybe Saturdays performance changed that of course.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Apparently they were meant to be off today. Sound promising. :)

The players were meant to be off today so I would say it is something.

Gordon young keeper saved us in France 1-0 win.Tunnel there boat back to Portsmouth China was a laugh

You'd think of it was the vote of confidence then it would be out by now? Hopefully just agreeing the severance deal.

Latter point is a good one. I hope.

Apparently they were meant to be off today. Sound promising. :)

Joke really isn't it?

I remember after a poor result on a Saturday in the 90s under JJ , I spotted Hearts training on the Sunday morning on the smallest AstroTurf pitch at Saughton.

Crammed in playing an intense two touch game with a scowling JJ at the side of the park.

This sounds promising!

We've been sleep-walking for long enough.

Slagged me to **** as I had audacity to criticise club for not putting something in place for walk ups and then I find out he doesn't go! Unbelievable.

Why doesn't he go? Does he live abroad or summit?

August Landmesser

MacPhee takes us to Parkhead apparently.....unconfirmed but decent source.

Jesus, we've (brutally) sacked the bus driver and all!?

Glamorous Glue

MacPhee takes us to Parkhead apparently.....unconfirmed but decent source.

Replacing Cathro with MacPhee changes nothing. Hopefully just for one game.

Archived