***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
letsalldothebeattie

What's happening with Jordan McGhee

Contracted to January so has to report for Pre Season is as much as I know. Not heard whether Cathro wants him or he still wants to move away. I think given Cathro wants a 3 man defence and Souttar still out for a few months McGhee could do well for us in there alongside Hughes and Berra and also be available for a RWB role if needed. That is all if he wants to stay or Cathro wants him

McGhee would just weaken the defence.

We had enough passengers last season, we need assured players who step forward to lead and who also keep their heads when the goings tough.

alanthejambo

I think if McGhee could eat a bit of humble pie he could do a job for us. The chance to play and train with two centre backs with premiership experience is an incentive also

letsalldothebeattie

Greg Stewart looks like he is off to Aberdeen - another target slips away.

That's a disappointment if he goes there. Would've been excellent for us. The lure of Europe probably why he chose Dons

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think if McGhee could eat a bit of humble pie he could do a job for us. The chance to play and train with two centre backs with premiership experience is an incentive also

I agree. McGhee was very young. Depends on the level of his reality check. Berra and Hughes both could get into his head.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Too similar to Goncalves maybe? Perhaps not our priority

Seymour M Hersh

Who was targeting him? The club or just the FM brigade from on here?

Escobar PHM

Our most likely squad I think is:

Hamilton

Noring

Berra

Hughes

Souttar

Smith

Smith-Brown - Man City Loan

Brandon

Oshaniwa

A New RWB

Martin

Buaben

Cowie

Beith

New CM

Nowak

Walker

Djoum (maybe)

Zanatta

New Winger

Isma

Currie

Johnson

Stockton

Another ST (maybe)

I'd fear for us if that was our squad next season

Tynecastlesmychurch

FFS! Really disappointed if he ends up at that dump.

Thought Police

Who was targeting him? The club or just the FM brigade from on here?

Exactly. When was it ever confirmed we were after him?

That's a disappointment if he goes there. Would've been excellent for us. The lure of Europe probably why he chose Dons

I don't think being emptied in the Europa League qualifiers and having to spend the next two to three years of your life in Aberdeen is that big a lure, to be honest.

Escobar PHM

or perhaps Aberdeen with more money to spend on player wages and a McInnes to compare with our Cathro, are simply a better draw than us for a player.

Greg Stewart was a target according to news papers and posters on here. Doesn't mean he was a target.

bauld willie

If true, this is a real worry. Losing anyone to either Hibs or Aberdeen would be sad enditement of where our football management hierarchy have taken us.

bauld willie

Greg Stewart was a target according to news papers and posters on here. Doesn't mean he was a target.

You mean an experienced player who we all know could do a job for us. If he wasn't a target I would suggest Cathro is not doing his job properly.

bauld willie

Looks like Rangers are about to sign another player, Alfredo Morels. His record is pretty impressive for such a young player.

Come on Hearts, so something.

Our most likely squad I think is:

Hamilton

Noring

Berra

Hughes

Souttar

Smith

Smith-Brown - Man City Loan

Brandon

Oshaniwa

A New RWB

Martin

Buaben

Cowie

Beith

New CM

Nowak

Walker

Djoum (maybe)

Zanatta

New Winger

Isma

Currie

Johnson

Stockton

Another ST (maybe)

I think if Kitchen gets told he'll need to fight for a place then he'll go. It's a world cup year and if he wants to stay in the squad he needs to play.

But we definitely need more signings, and in very key areas.

Please correct if I've missed anyone

Bottom six.

Morgaro Gomis

Looks like Rangers are about to sign another player, Alfredo Morels. His record is pretty impressive for such a young player.

Come on Hearts, so something.

It is pretty impressive, but just to add a bit of context... Juho Makela scored 33 goals in 41 games in the same league before we signed him.

I also suspect we are working on doing something - just because it hasn't been announced doesn't mean we are doing nothing.

You mean an experienced player who we all know could do a job for us. If he wasn't a target I would suggest Cathro is not doing his job properly.

Doesn't quite work as simply as that. Perhaps he has no interest in us after we let him go as youth player.

Maybe he wants more money than we are willing to pay.

Maybe Cathro doesn't see him fitting into his system.

Maybe the management have someone else they believe can do it better.

More lucrative wage packet would be the most likely scenario

gorgieheart

Its "reported" by the Sun...  must be true !

Hungry hippo

Its "reported" by the Sun... must be true !

They are scum and I wouldn't buy it but it's by far the most reliable paper for Scottish football.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

or perhaps Aberdeen with more money to spend on player wages and a McInnes to compare with our Cathro, are simply a better draw than us for a player.

Any amount of reasons possible. McInnes may not be there for very much longer. He is still on holiday for another week I believe.

Has Stewart signed for Aberdeen? Or is it just a rumour etc?

Oh well you can't win them all.

We did after all pip then to Sammon's signature........... :qqb001:

Scott Allan would link our midfield to forwards in a central position, the type of player we are crying out for imo.

Agreed. Badly need his type of player. Probably two required though I think they thought Martin was this type as well.

Hungry hippo

Agreed. Badly need his type of player. Probably two required though I think they thought Martin was this type as well.

Scott Allen finds it very difficult to play the full 90 minutes so we might need both. Not sure if this is related to his diabetes.

Agreed. We need a number 9 for Isma to play off. Stockton is one but still need another one. Stewart isn't a number 9. He played off Hemmings at Dundee when they both earned their reputations. At the moment we potentially have three or four number 10's in Isma, Walker, Djoum and Currie but are short of good number 9's. Johnsen doesn't do it for me.

Agreed. We need a number 9 for Isma to play off. Stockton is one but still need another one. Stewart isn't a number 9. He played off Hemmings at Dundee when they both earned their reputations. At the moment we potentially have three or four number 10's in Isma, Walker, Djoum and Currie but are short of good number 9's. Johnsen doesn't do it for me.

I suppose it all comes down to what formation Cathro wants to play. a 343 would suggest we need him, a 352 less so

Escobar PHM

Any amount of reasons possible. McInnes may not be there for very much longer. He is still on holiday for another week I believe.

I doubt they will make as stupid an appointment as we did.

I'd fear for us if that was our squad next season

Bottom six.

It won't be vastly different. Don't imagine were going to sign more than 5 players.

Most will be first team that arrive but what's listed there will be our squad.

Not that I like it either!

Nookie Bear

tbh, i'm not hugely keen on a midfield with Martin and Scott Allen in it - seems a bit lightweight for me - so we are either going to have to put our faith in the guy with the 3-yr contract, or invest more money in a player and admit we got it wrong and try to offload Martin.

bauld willie

It is pretty impressive, but just to add a bit of context... Juho Makela scored 33 goals in 41 games in the same league before we signed him.

I also suspect we are working on doing something - just because it hasn't been announced doesn't mean we are doing nothing.

That would be Rangers 6th signing and some of them are pretty impressive. It also means they have their squad together from the start of pre-season.

Bottom six.

I agree that is an utter shite Hearts squad and there is no excuse for it.

RustyRightPeg

I still think we'll find a sitting midfielder to break everything up and let Martin roam a bit. I'm almost convinced he'll come good. Controversial right?

Really? They will only last one round no doubt.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

bauld willie

tbh, i'm not hugely keen on a midfield with Martin and Scott Allen in it - seems a bit lightweight for me - so we are either going to have to put our faith in the guy with the 3-yr contract, or invest more money in a player and admit we got it wrong and try to offload Martin.

A close season does not turn water into wine. Martin has been tried and tested and is not fit for purpose. We need to somehow cut and run with these guy's. Invite him to move on.

Football is often a battle in Scotland, you need to win it first before you can play your silky soccer. You are not going to do that with Martin in your side.

KineticBeat

I still think we'll find a sitting midfielder to break everything up and let Martin roam a bit. I'm almost convinced he'll come good. Controversial right?

I don't think it's a controversial opinion. It all comes down to weather he will catch up to the pace of the league or not.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Lord Beni of Gorgie

There's Gavin Reilly signed for St. Mirren.

Another million bagged :rolleyes:

'

Jamie Brandon.

The young guy who played against Celtic in the last game of the season. Played a decent 90 minutes (kept Sinclair quiet enough but has to shoulder some blame for their second). This makes him instantly better than Smith to some.

Oh yeh I know him mate. Was suggesting him as the backup rb to Smith if we dont sign one.

Clark Griswold

Hope Gav does well there, just didn't cut it at this level unfortunately.

Good luck to the lad.

There's Gavin Reilly signed for St. Mirren.

Shame Reilly never worked out for us. His energy and work ethic were impressive and I think helped us in our first season back.

Respect to Gavin, could have sat on his arse and taken money for another year but he's clearly more bothered about playing the game, wish others would do the same

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Archived