***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

That's the big thing to remember because it's the only place you'll find the type of people who don't want Cathro sacked.

Not in my experience. The real world would still like this to succeed and are prepared to sit it out. Not for that much longer granted.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Escobar PHM

I agree but don't forget that JKB and its posters make up a tiny percentage of the Hearts support.

Whats the rough figures on that ?

i.e how many members and regular contributors are there here. Whats the size of the 'Hearts support'

I think most regular contributors on here go to Hearts matches pretty regularly

If that's not the case then who are these people ?

Is there any evidence that the 'Hearts support' who attend matches think differently to what the JKB poll suggests.

Most of the guys I go with or sit near want him out and have felt that way since the Hibs games last season and have seen nothing to change that view

Tbh I actually think Martin had a role to play and I'd be starting him on Saturday, but if he's going to remain second choice behind Cowie/change then we definitely need a creative midfielder.

I also thought there was a player waiting to shine in Martin, however I was up in Peterhead in midweek and he bottled out of a 50:50. I'm sorry, but that was enough for me.

Any chance of talking about potential signings/transfers rumours instead of starting a pagger every 4th post FFS??

Italian Lambretta

What right thinking player is going to sign for us while that daft wee laddie is still in charge?

Any chance of talking about potential signings/transfers rumours instead of starting a pagger every 4th post FFS??

or what? whatcha gonna dae likes?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I also thought there was a player waiting to shine in Martin, however I was up in Peterhead in midweek and he bottled out of a 50:50. I'm sorry, but that was enough for me.

you cant change players that are bottle merchants the fear owns them for their careers. if martin was to have his own way in a game you would just go through him and that would be him done psychologically

thats why i can't take to him whatsoever

While not wishing to get into a debate/argument/jkb standard chat about it.

I'd imagine Berra & Lafferty were in full control of their faculties when they signed? Assuming Cathro was in charge on those days.

Can't see players turning us down on the back of a defeat to Peterhead really.

But anyway, see what happens I guess.

correct barack,

Berra and Laff knew full well who they would be playing under and where still happy to sign. Both even having good words to say about him in the process. 

The peterhead lose has flicked a switch in everyones head (including some usually level headed posters) and they have turned in to utter slavering arseholes, making things up about the management and team.

Before the Peterhead Lose the forum was in harmony at the fact we have had a decent preseason and played some decent football. 

correct barack,

Berra and Laff knew full well who they would be playing under and where still happy to sign. Both even having good words to say about him in the process. 

The peterhead lose has flicked a switch in everyones head (including some usually level headed posters) and they have turned in to utter slavering arseholes, making things up about the management and team.

Before the Peterhead Lose the forum was in harmony at the fact we have had a decent preseason and played some decent football. 

For me, it's six months of utter shite, with a bunch of players who look like they don't give a shit, and a manager who seems incapable of drilling it into them that it's unacceptable to not give a shit whilst playing for HMFC.  Peterhead is just the straw that broke the camels back.

For me, it's six months of utter shite, with a bunch of players who look like they don't give a shit, and a manager who seems incapable of drilling it into them that it's unacceptable to not give a shit whilst playing for HMFC. Peterhead is just the straw that broke the camels back.

So after the season finished and we chucked almost our whole team, made some great signings and had a decent preseason, your optimism wasn't raised a bit?

I seem to recall this board being very positive about the new season during that period.

Understandably people lost there shit about losing to a league two team, and now most on the forum reckon we will be relegated or there about.

Personally i am still cautiously optimistic about the season and feel if we get a Gk and a CM in our squad will be looking good.

Anyway this thread isn't here to be discussing this.

For me, it's six months of utter shite, with a bunch of players who look like they don't give a shit, and a manager who seems incapable of drilling it into them that it's unacceptable to not give a shit whilst playing for HMFC. Peterhead is just the straw that broke the camels back.

Any chance you can take this to the correct thread with the rest of the utter welts who ruin every single thread irrespective of subject with the same mundane drivel. There are plenty of Cathro/Levein/the club is shite threads without spoiling the others.

Any chance you can take this to the correct thread with the rest of the utter welts who ruin every single thread irrespective of subject with the same mundane drivel. There are plenty of Cathro/Levein/the club is shite threads without spoiling the others.

Well said.

Lets be clear here. The majority of Hearts supporters want Cathro out..

Let's be clear here: the post I replied to - and the original post it was replying to - made no mention of Cathro at all.

So after the season finished and we chucked almost our whole team, made some great signings and had a decent preseason, your optimism wasn't raised a bit?

I seem to recall this board being very positive about the new season during that period.

Understandably people lost there shit about losing to a league two team, and now most on the forum reckon we will be relegated or there about.

Personally i am still cautiously optimistic about the season and feel if we get a Gk and a CM in our squad will be looking good.

Anyway this thread isn't here to be discussing this.

Where I'm at really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gorgieheart

Boom !   Best post for a long time !

Agreed 1 Zillion percent !

Spot on

fraz the postie

I personally would rather we took our time in the transfer market,rather than sign players who don't fit the bill.

I would like us to win the league cup prior to robots ruling the world and Armageddon but the league and Scottish cup are bigger fish,

We have bought well (hopefully) so far ,let's be patient and not sign huddies.

Jambof3tornado

I personally would rather we took our time in the transfer market,rather than sign players who don't fit the bill.

I would like us to win the league cup prior to robots ruling the world and Armageddon but the league and Scottish cup are bigger fish,

We have bought well (hopefully) so far ,let's be patient and not sign huddies.

I'm hoping this is why the goalie/midfielder issue is unresolved.

Hagar the Horrible

I'm hoping this is why the goalie/midfielder issue is unresolved.

We do go about our business slowly and clandestinely?  BUT a keeper being a priority evident in every 2 cell + organism I would suggest we are sticking with Jackshit?  A midfielder we could be looking at anybody from anywhere, but if we wanted a keeper, a few would have been targeted and one would be here by now, would you not agree?

Ffs, it's easy to sign for a club like Hearts.

Laff, Berra knew what they were getting into? Of course they did.

If Hearts change manager tomorrow they'll still be focused, committed players.

We do go about our business slowly and clandestinely?  BUT a keeper being a priority evident in every 2 cell + organism I would suggest we are sticking with Jackshit?  A midfielder we could be looking at anybody from anywhere, but if we wanted a keeper, a few would have been targeted and one would be here by now, would you not agree?

How do you know they haven't been targeted?

There are many good keepers out there but are they what we want?

Some may not be suitable because of the transfer fee, some because their terms are too excessive, some because of geography or family circumstances and some who may not have the right personal attributes etc etc.  I would have liked to have someone here by now and hope they are not putting all their eggs in one basket (McGregor) but maybe in the end the wait will be worthwhile.

My thoughts exactly, every thread, no matter the title is littered with incoherent rants about the current management! I pop in here to see if there are any rumours on possible signings, not to wade through repetitive postings by the same handful of humpty posters

Utter welt eh.  Classy.  Was replying to a post from Macphee on this thread, which I guess you were fine with as it was 'positive' rather than critical.

It's pretty simple really - the club willl stop getting pelters on the football front when we start winning or drawing the majority of our games, as should be expected for the third biggest club in the country.

We've done that this season though...

Oh, and apologies that my one post on  a 210 page thread upset you soooo much, you poor wee thing.

If January proved anything it is that we should take time to make the correct signings and not rush to make knee jerk signings.

It's frustrating but we know the club are working on deals for the type of players we all agree are needed.

I am hopeful that the time being taken is because we are looking at players of a high quality but it takes time and effort to make such players join us - because quality players will have a number of options

It's easy to sign a player nobody else wants...

Not a potential signing as such, but reports this morning that Lee Erwin the ex Motherwell striker has left Leeds and is now available.

From what I can remember of him he was pretty useful up here.

Killie are currently in the frame for him but I doubt they would be able to compete with us on salary if Hearts were interested.

Personally would like to see him at Tynecastle,........... unless of course Cathro/Levein have another defensive mid lined up instead.

Robbo-Jambo

Not a potential signing as such, but reports this morning that Lee Erwin the ex Motherwell striker has left Leeds and is now available.

Killie are currently in the frame for him but I doubt they would be able to compete with us on salary if Hearts were interested.

Personally would like to see him at Tynecastle,........... unless of course Cathro/Levein have another defensive mid lined up instead.

He is a striker but they might have another def/mid player lined up instead !!! :uhoh2:

Just signed for Killie

bringonthesevco

If January proved anything it is that we should take time to make the correct signings and not rush to make knee jerk signings.

It's frustrating but we know the club are working on deals for the type of players we all agree are needed.

I am hopeful that the time being taken is because we are looking at players of a high quality but it takes time and effort to make such players join us - because quality players will have a number of options

If January proved anything it was that we still didn't have decent midfielder despite all of the signings, I'd have assumed that we'd have made that a priority for the last 6 months .......If we have our eye on someone about to become free, then we could have nailed them on a pre-contract.

You say it takes time - 6 months so far - how much more time do you think we need to identify/sign a decent midfielder.

We've taken our time, a whole year to find a suitable goalkeeper.  We still have Hamilton.  He should be loaned out to Morton or someone by now. 

or what? whatcha gonna dae likes?

Oi! Ma Da's bigger than yours right!

Not signing a keeper yet is a big disappointment. Ideally our first choice defence would have started most pre season games and a keeper is perhaps the central component. After the prolonged situation with Gilkes and Hamilton last summer I thought we would have learned our lesson. Can't help but feel that the management are underestimating how important a decent keeper is.

Liverpool defender Connor Randall, 21, is poised to complete a season-long loan switch to Hearts. (Sun)

Further to the above here is a quote from the EEN which is quite worrying as it would seem from this we only want to add one outfield player if true.

Hearts want to add another outfield player to their squad and Randall is on their list of signing targets.

We've taken our time, a whole year to find a suitable goalkeeper.  We still have Hamilton.  He should be loaned out to Morton or someone by now. 

You would think the Hearts support en masse would have got behind him and urged him on while he was suffering between the sticks wouldnt you ? Not his fault he has not been given a shot in the reserves or loaned out, maybe he is the best keeper we have just now ! In my opinion if he survives the constant barracking from his own 'supporters' he could turn out to be one of our best ever keepers.

Caspian Primrose

The positive vibe from the signings we've made so far is starting to fade. I hope theyve got it under control but its starting to look like we've ballsed up another transfer window. Flap Hamilton remaining as first choice is depressing.

Liverpool defender Connor Randall, 21, is poised to complete a season-long loan switch to Hearts. (Sun)

Surely we haven't been 'working on transfers' for weeks and ended up with a lad on loan from Liverpool (I'll preserve judgement on him, although Liverpool fans saying he's terrible - regardless it's a major gamble whatever way you look at it).

One week until we face Celtic and we have no time to get a GK in the door and settled with the defence. Nor have we addressed the fairly major issues with our midfield.

One week until we face Celtic and we have no time to get a GK in the door and settled with the defence. Nor have we addressed the fairly major issues with our midfield.

We also need to address the major issue of Jack Hamilton being barracked so strongly its making him worse, real supporters would encourage him to do his best while he is in goal and at the very least let him play with his full confidence back and if/when he gets loaned out look for him to come back the finished article. Supporters ?

You would think the Hearts support en masse would have got behind him and urged him on while he was suffering between the sticks wouldnt you ? Not his fault he has not been given a shot in the reserves or loaned out, maybe he is the best keeper we have just now ! In my opinion if he survives the constant barracking from his own 'supporters' he could turn out to be one of our best ever keepers.

There's nothing but support for him when he takes the field.  I don't agree with the rest but that's your opinion.  

The White Cockade

He has signed for Killie.

Not signing a keeper yet is a big disappointment. Ideally our first choice defence would have started most pre season games and a keeper is perhaps the central component. After the prolonged situation with Gilkes and Hamilton last summer I thought we would have learned our lesson. Can't help but feel that the management are underestimating how important a decent keeper is.

If the theory that the team is only as strong as it's central spine, we are still sadly lacking 2 of the 4 components.

sandylejambo

We also need to address the major issue of Jack Hamilton being barracked so strongly its making him worse, real supporters would encourage him to do his best while he is in goal and at the very least let him play with his full confidence back and if/when he gets loaned out look for him to come back the finished article. Supporters ?

that's a lot of season ticket holding UNREAL Hearts supporters, I do think we give him a hard time on here but at games he only gets it when he ****s up, which to be fair to the support has been quite often, just keeping a ball between the lines seems quite an ordeal for the lad. the management must take their share of the blame for his lack of confidence, they're ones who hung him out to fail.

Archived