***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

David McCaig

Barring KL and CB our signings have been disappointing tbh. I don't know why but I expected better.

I agree and if we are honest both CB and KL were complete bonuses.

Ordinarily we wouldn't have stood a chance of signing Berra but his enthusiasm to return home to be with his daughter meant that his actual market value went out the window... This is very much to CBs credit as a person and a Dad.

With regards to Lafferty, without McPhee's dual role and KLs need for first team starts in the run up to a World Cup year we wouldn't have stood a chance. In my opinion, he is a fantastic signing and I see him being another Rudi, where his scoring stats for us are completely different to his career elsewhere.

However, the rest of our scouting seems to be almost non-existent and our failure to sort GK and CM reeks of incompetence.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted this last week.

Due to rising costs for the stand we have had to revisit our original targets and scale them back slightly

so we were duped into buying season tickets on the back of a false promise

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Gutted we didn't trigger the release clauses in Neymar, Ronaldo, Messi, Bale and Suarez contracts.

No ambition at Hearts anymore.

That's pretty funny ....

Posted this last week.

Due to rising costs for the stand we have had to revisit our original targets and scale them back slightly

AB assured us that the stand costs would not affect the playing budget.

Dagger Is Back

Posted this last week.

That's one to raise the next time the club host a Q&A evening as we did last year.

If true I'd not only be very disappointed, but somewhat concerned that our business plan for the stand construction was clearly found to be wanting from a financial perspective.

Projects do drift of course but we had a ?1m contingency fund did we not? Pretty sure that was a decent % of the overall projected costs too.

Not doubting you by the way. You're only telling what you've been told.

Bazzas right boot

Posted this last week.

Don't believe that, we'll just take a bit longer to pay.

Paying ?1-?2m over a period will hardly break us, no need to pay all off, if a ?14m project leaves us with ?1-?2m to pay through foh for another year or two it's hardly a diasaster.

Elias Henry Furst

Don't believe that, we'll just take a bit longer to pay.

Paying ?1-?2m over a period will hardly break us, no need to pay all off, if a ?14m project leaves us with ?1-?2m to pay through foh for another year or two it's hardly a diasaster.

Where does the money come from in the first instance?

mellors1874

Do teams in England not have to submit their squad list of 25 players for the season ahead.

Maybe hearts are waiting to see if any players they are after don't get included before making a attempt to get them on board.

Dagger Is Back

Does the tooth fairy pay for adult teeth too?

Berra and the Duke would have obviously made a big dent in the budget but I'm happy we brought in a bit quality with these 2.

What is required is the Djoum's, Walker's and Martin's start upping their effing game because they are players that can easily play in this league but their mental attitude needs questioned unfortunately

Bang on CJ.

While they should have a lot of self motivation they need strong management to pull them into line.

That's one to raise the next time the club host a Q&A evening as we did last year.

If true I'd not only be very disappointed, but somewhat concerned that our business plan for the stand construction was clearly found to be wanting from a financial perspective.

Projects do drift of course but we had a ?1m contingency fund did we not? Pretty sure that was a decent % of the overall projected costs too.

Not doubting you by the way. You're only telling what you've been told.

If the original cost was ?12 million as has been suggested on here previously then a contingency of ?1million is only 8.5%.

As far as my limited experience of this sort of things goes the standard is usually more like 15% which would take it to nearer the ?2million mark.

Dagger Is Back

If the original cost was ?12 million as has been suggested on here previously then a contingency of ?1million is only 8.5%.

As far as my limited experience of this sort of things goes the standard is usually more like 15% which would take it to nearer the ?2million mark.

I'll bow to your albeit limited experience WD. However, if that is indeed the case, should we not have set a more realistic contingency? Shows pretty poor project management.

I agree and if we are honest both CB and KL were complete bonuses.

Ordinarily we wouldn't have stood a chance of signing Berra but his enthusiasm to return home to be with his daughter meant that his actual market value went out the window... This is very much to CBs credit as a person and a Dad.

With regards to Lafferty, without McPhee's dual role and KLs need for first team starts in the run up to a World Cup year we wouldn't have stood a chance. In my opinion, he is a fantastic signing and I see him being another Rudi, where his scoring stats for us are completely different to his career elsewhere.

However, the rest of our scouting seems to be almost non-existent and our failure to sort GK and CM reeks of incompetence.

So apart from the good signings our signings haven't been good? I agree the GK and mid positions need sorting but pretty sure we are workin to sort them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see that's O'Halloran signed for St. Johnstone on loan.

yep until January

so we were duped into buying season tickets on the back of a false promise

If you think that fair enough but I don't tbh.

Harsh realities is that the next year or 2 we are building a infrastructure to take us to the next level.

Posted this last week.

If that's the case it was a really poor decision imo.

Celtic are shit scared of us and don't want to help us, they know we are coming for them!

Slowly.

Very slowly.

So , so Slowly.

:lol:

yep until January

Good six months, flog down South have ?100k or so for Jamie after he's signed a pca.

yep until January

So if we sell Walker to Rangers O'Halloran will not be part of the deal then.

So if we sell Walker to Rangers O'Halloran will not be part of the deal then.

Thank **** for that.

I'll bow to your albeit limited experience WD. However, if that is indeed the case, should we not have set a more realistic contingency? Shows pretty poor project management.

Oh most certainly and if we did in fact only have a ?1million contingency then that is very surprising and poor management as you say.

I think most Architects recommend a minimum of 15% contingency but depending on the type of project it can be very unpredictable as seems to be the case with us.

AB assured us that the stand costs would not affect the playing budget.

On the original budget

You want us to go bust again or do you have a Corbyn-type magic money tree somewhere we don't know about?

I see that's O'Halloran signed for St. Johnstone on loan.

There goes our chance of off-loading Sammon and also Killie have signed Lee Erwin ex-Well, not good news.

Also gone quiet on Johnsen moving to the championship, was probably paper talk anyway.

Dagger Is Back

Oh most certainly and if we did in fact only have a ?1million contingency then that is very surprising and poor management as you say.

I think most Architects recommend a minimum of 15% contingency but depending on the type of project it can be very unpredictable as seems to be the case with us.

Always better to under promise and over deliver. If this is indeed the case, searching questions need to be asked.

Very disappointing

Dagger Is Back

On the original budget

You want us to go bust again or do you have a Corbyn-type magic money tree somewhere we don't know about?

None of us want that don't be daft, but as WD has explained, we had a 8.5% contingency fund. If the norm is nearer 15% and we're now having to use player budget or sales to fund that unbudgeted overrun, then that is piss poor planning, especially when AB specifically said the build wouldn't affect the team budget.

Always better to under promise and over deliver. If this is indeed the case, searching questions need to be asked.

Very disappointing

I found this from AB on May 2016 on the Hearts FC Website and it could have been updated of course but it suggests that the contingency was 10% which is still very low and surprising.

3. Funding plan for stadium redevelopment

I am sure you all want to understand how we are planning to fund this major project. Our estimates of cost are circa ?11m. Allowing for some contingency (10%), we are working to a budget of ?12m. 

Our funding plan is, in summary, as follows. 

• Financial Reserves from the club: ?3m
  • Benefactor Contributions:              ?2.5m
  • Commercial Contributions:            ?0.5m
  • Total available today:                     ?6m

Clearly, this leaves a potential funding gap of up to ?6 million. However, I would ask you all to remember this. Over the last two years, with the support of the fans and with sound financial management, we have built up a financial reserve of ?3 million. There is nothing to stop us doing the same again, over the next two years, with your continued support. 

What does this mean? Unashamedly, I am asking you to keep doing what you have been doing. 

• We need season ticket holders to sign up again in their numbers. 
  • We need corporate members and sponsors to continue to back the club across the season. 
  • We need FOH pledgers to keep pledging. 
  • We need to continue to sell-out the stadium?and our hospitality suites?on match days. 
  • We need to make our new in-house retail operation a big success, by offering our supporters goods they want to buy. 

On the original budget

We need a May-type magic money tree - ie one that can cough up huge sums immediately when we get our estimates wrong.

Hearts strongly linked with Freddie Woodman of Newcastle tonight, is that what we need, a young promising keeper?  I would rather develop our own players.

Bazzas right boot

The finance of the stand had been broken down. Look it up.

the new signings must have been like WTF. ive just signed for this boy the fans hate him

alicante jambo

Hearts strongly linked with Freddie Woodman of Newcastle tonight, is that what we need, a young promising keeper? I would rather develop our own players.

Develop hamilton?we need action.now a keeper and 3 midfielders

gashauskis9

There goes our chance of off-loading Sammon and also Killie have signed Lee Erwin ex-Well, not good news.

Also gone quiet on Johnsen moving to the championship, was probably paper talk anyway.

I still hold hope that a new manager could get Johnsen back to his form under Neilson

I still hold hope that a new manager could get Johnsen back to his form under Neilson

Johnsen is Away, just hasn't hit the media yet.

Johnsen is Away, just hasn't hit the media yet.

To where, and wishful thinking on my part...how much?

None of us want that don't be daft, but as WD has explained, we had a 8.5% contingency fund. If the norm is nearer 15% and we're now having to use player budget or sales to fund that unbudgeted overrun, then that is piss poor planning, especially when AB specifically said the build wouldn't affect the team budget.

Maybe 8.5% was all we had?

If the build had gone to budget it wouldn't have affected the team budget

It has gone over budget so things have changed

It really is very simple primary school maths stuff

The info I was given yesterday is that he is Away to either holland or Spain and has come to an arrangement to cancel his contract. No fee for us again.

Another shite Robbie Neilson signing off the wage bill if so. Just the Sammon to go and we'll have some wages freed up for the 3 midfielders, the 2 wingers and the goalie that we've got lined up. :indeed:

A young player who just started to get international recognition and we get rid without a fee??

****ing appalling.

A young player who just started to get international recognition and we get rid without a fee??

******* appalling.

Agreed.

The info I was given yesterday is that he is Away to either holland or Spain and has come to an arrangement to cancel his contract. No fee for us again.

****ing disgrace how much money we have wasted on players. Can't believe people still back Levein

So that's the same fee we paid for him and we'll save on wages.

Funnily enough sitting watching yesterday the number of balls played up the line or into channels made me think of Johnson.

His running these lines with good deliveries from Paterson in particular were a useful weapon early last season.

Isma and Lafferty did not hold the ball up well. In fact failure to hold the ball up cost us the 2nd goal. As they collected and put Souter one on one with a tricky player and yes he hashed it. But his cover had moved forward to support our supposed attack.

I would also say Salmon could not have done worse than our strikers yesterday.

Squeaky Beans

Heard from a mate that heard from his uncle that we're exchanging Wa ker for Tavernier plus 50k.

heartsfc_fan

Heard from a mate that heard from his uncle that we're exchanging Wa ker for Tavernier plus 50k.

:D

Please stop

Lord Beni of Gorgie

You would need to be mental to sign for Hearts this week

Archived