***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Somebody to really anchor the midfield. I like Cowie but his style of play doesn't suit what we are trying to do.

Grzelak is really too limited to be an attacking threat. Defensive work hasn't looked great either. That's already a worry. Curse of the left is lingering

I thought he was one of the best players on the park on Saturday. Opinions tho I suppose

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Beni of Gorgie

I thought he was one of the best players on the park on Saturday. Opinions tho I suppose

Cowie? I love him. Just think he is lost in the system

Gordon Ramsay

Rumour is Ben Amos is travelling up to Edinburgh to agree a deal this week (from a Bolton fan in the thread Keeper and attacking player needed)

Better wi Grant Amos.

Cowie? I love him. Just think he is lost in the system

Prince tho Cowie, as always worked his arse off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vincent vega

Better wi Grant Amos.

No idea who that is or if he is any good but for what it's worth I think we could do a lot worse than Ben Amos.

Could McGhee be the 'anchor' in midfield ? 

He's not even good enough in his actual position never mind playing him in a midfield lacking in any quality. So in short, NO a ridiculous idea.

The system we are playing doesn't have an anchor in midfield. The middle centre back pushes forward into that role

He's not even good enough in his actual position never mind playing him in a midfield lacking in any quality. So in short, NO a ridiculous idea.

Correct.

Lucille's Thirsty

Michael Ngoo

How on earth was he on the books for Liverpool.

Bazzas right boot

Could McGhee be the 'anchor' in midfield ?

As in keeping us still and rooted, probably.

In a Footballing sense, no, no and no.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

McGhee stepping forward with the ball was fine on Tuesday but more often it was Nowak who wasn't so good

McGhee stepping forward with the ball was fine on Tuesday but more often it was Nowak who wasn't so good

Going forward it will be souttar who fills that role

Bazzas right boot

Novak is shite.

Harsh, but in all honesty I don't see what he adds.

gorgieheart

Where's this Amos chat from ? 

He cant get a game ahead of Mark Howard, who is brutally poor...  so why would we be wanting him ? 

Still need a First Choice keeper

Still need attacking midfielder

Winger would be good

Do we need to replace Sammon if he (hopefully) goes to St Johnstone  ? 

Would be ideal to get transfer business sorted sharpish !

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Going forward it will be souttar who fills that role

Yip. McGhee could be his stand in. Sweeping and the spare man in the 3 would not expose his weaknesses. Exactly his best position for his style. Fine on the ball rubbish in the challenge

Novak is shite.

Harsh, but in all honesty I don't see what he adds.

Harsh indeed but...the truth hurts.

Screaming out for another 2 or 3 quality players. I dont think we are too far away from being a good side if we can just nail a keeper and a couple of midfielders that are decent.

Winston Ingram

Where's this Amos chat from ? 

He cant get a game ahead of Mark Howard, who is brutally poor...  so why would we be wanting him ? 

Still need a First Choice keeper

Still need attacking midfielder

Winger would be good

Do we need to replace Sammon if he (hopefully) goes to St Johnstone  ? 

Would be ideal to get transfer business sorted sharpish !

Wouldn't be signing Amos without a trial. Which should have happened before now. 

The goalkeeper situation is like the striker situation in the latter Vlad years by which we are about to go into a league season woefully short in a key area of the team.

Right now I'd happily put a keeper on the backburner and focus on midfielders.

I am delighted with our work so far in improving our defence and attacking options.

I am absolutely astonished that we haven't signed anyone for the middle of the park yet and so far have relied on Cowie and Buaben. I have nothing against them but let's be honest that isn't going to do the job.

The goalkeeper situation is like the striker situation in the latter Vlad years by which we are about to go into a league season woefully short in a key area of the team.

I would hope that the 'keeper issue is sorted before we go to Parkhead.

Bazzas right boot

I am delighted with our work so far in improving our defence and attacking options.

I am absolutely astonished that we haven't signed anyone for the middle of the park yet and so far have relied on Cowie and Buaben. I have nothing against them but let's be honest that isn't going to do the job.

A better keeper is worth maybe 5- 10 points.

A better midfield imo, 20 points +

I'm with you at least one good midfielder is the priority.

Aberdeen have Christie, Stewart, McLean and tansey...

Oh and GMS....

We are miles behind that.

Gigolo-Aunt

I don't often agree with you Bauld but that is spot on the bit highlighted.

Would add though that getting a keeper in is vital.   Can only think we are waiting on someone and there is something at the players end holding things up.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Not Tansey but the rest and Shinnie. Where we are sadly lacking. Cowie does nothing wrong but we need better than what we have

Bazzas right boot

Not Tansey but the rest and Shinnie. Where we are sadly lacking. Cowie does nothing wrong but we need better than what we have

Cowie would add energy to a midfield of quality, for example using Aberdeen, Cowie for tansey would work.

Tansey gives hem balance and allows the attacking players, to attack. Cowie Could do that for us with his energy, he lacks a bit quality to because threat and/ or control games.

We have prince and a walker and Djoum who blow hot and cold, supported by Novak...

We haven't replaced tziolos or kitchen, harry can't play too many games. We must have midfielders incoming.

Aberdeen must have 40 +goals in that midfield, we have maybe 20 and thats walker, when he tends to score in batches and is on penalty's.

Jesus, between this and the Cathro out threads and the worst result threads, this place needs monitored. Depressing.

The centre of midfield is our key area. At the moment it's, with the goalkeeping position, the weakest area of the team. I genuinely think one good signing would make a huge difference if it is someone who can be a dynamic driving force. Djoum and Cowie with a more physical player beside them would work well imo. Djoum should be playing a bit deeper for us as he does for Cameroon I think.

Which means however that we'd need to leave out Walker or Goncalves if we are going to stick with the 3-5-2. Not against that as the team is more important than individuals

Oh and GMS....

yip. In midfield they have what we don't.

Athleticism, positivity, needle and toughness.

They have one wee shit in Shinnie who goes through tackles and drives forward in possession.

McLean is a bit more all round. They have a good mix.

Ferryjambo99

Hamilton isn't and will never be good enough, new keeper is a priority. Surprised we haven't tried starting Martin ahead of prince, he's looked good when he's come on.

Buaben was all set to join Ross County.

It didn't happen but the club had agreed he could go.

You can't have a club the size of Hearts relying on a player who's best option recently was to join Ross County.

We have Djoum and Martin but neither are the type we need. The type we need is the player who can play alongside these players.

Djoum, Cowie and Martin can all create things but we're missing the terrier in the Vidal type mentality who will allow them to go and do that.

Missing a player with imagination in the middle of the park,and a decent goalkeeper.

Bottom six if we don't sort it.

Cowie and Bauben not the solution,journeyman at best.

Missing a player with imagination in the middle of the park,and a decent goalkeeper.

Bottom six if we don't sort it.

Cowie and Bauben not the solution,journeyman at best.

We need someone who will boss the midfield, a Ross Draper type of player!

Jambo 4 Ever

The good thing now is we find ourselves in the situation where the most pressing issues in our squad have been resolved and we can now take our time on identifying the right man between the sticks and in midfield.

Certainly taking our time!!!

Fingers crossed we have a new keeper soon in time before the Celtic game! Running out of days now though!

Djoum, Cowie and Martin can all create things but we're missing the terrier in the Vidal type mentality who will allow them to go and do that.

An Ian Black type of a player.  Wore his heart on his sleeve did Blackie.  I always liked Tommy Gronlund in the midfield terrier role. 

Hearts sorely need someone in that role.  A Brellier or a Palazuelos. 

Cruyff Turn

Agree with what folk are saying, soft as shite in the midfield, need a tough nut in there. Need a passer and someone that can belt one in from distance. Fulton, Cameron types required.

Desperately need a keeper though. If teams go back to front against us, put a lot of crosses in and get a lot of set pieces then I fear that we will lose a lot of soft goals.

Bazzas right boot

We are miles behind the Hibs midfield as well, Rudi.

I defy anyone to say that anyone of McGinn, McGeoch, Bartley and probably their new Lithuanian would not improve our midfield.

Urgently need this remediated because Cathro's job may well depend on it.

Possibly, but imo we are over rating hibs a little. Walker and Djoum would improve hibs, not so sure about Aberdeen.

However, as you say it needs fixed.

Jambo 4 Ever

We are miles behind the Hibs midfield as well, Rudi.

I defy anyone to say that anyone of McGinn, McGeoch, Bartley and probably their new Lithuanian would not improve our midfield.

Urgently need this remediated because Cathro's job may well depend on it.

Agreed

An Ian Black type of a player. Wore his heart on his sleeve did Blackie. I always liked Tommy Gronlund in the midfield terrier role.

Hearts sorely need someone in that role. A Brellier or a Palazuelos.

What we need are players who can play with dynamism and pace.

We are just so slow and pondering, we pass pass pass......and pass again, it's Scottish football FFS, we are not and never will be Barcelona, and we are not in LaLiga

Scottish football like it or not is football played differently from other leagues, and to be successful you need players who have dig and determination and who get the ball forward as quickly as possible, this was how Alex MacDonalds Hearts side of Robbo Colquhoun and Sandy Clark played , industrial but very exciting at times.

Fair enough this might not work in the European arena, but we are talking about Hearts in Scotland, European football is an argument for another day.

It's now obvious Cathros football "philosophy " is not suitable for Scottish football, we are not and never will be Barcelona

Why the hell do we make 5 passes when in most cases 1 pass will do.

An Ian Black type of a player. Wore his heart on his sleeve did Blackie. I always liked Tommy Gronlund in the midfield terrier role.

Those were the two who came to my mind while reading the last couple of pages. For now I think I'd play Cowie slightly deeper and start Martin instead of Buaben, but in all honesty we probably need two: even if one is just a destroyer who breaks things up and gives the ball straight to the more technical players. We definitely need creativity though. Djoum is disinterested and Walker's better scoring than creating and even that hasn't happened from him so far this season, with a host of missed chances in the cup games so far - unlike his potential replacement, Cadden.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I am surprised we haven't done anything with midfield to date. Once 3 4 3 is proved to be a pipe dream we seriously lack midfielders and wide players

What about Liam Henderson from Celtic?

Would be a great signing but unfortunately I think he will end up at Hibs.

August Landmesser

Those were the two who came to my mind while reading the last couple of pages. For now I think I'd play Cowie slightly deeper and start Martin instead of Buaben, but in all honesty we probably need two: even if one is just a destroyer who breaks things up and gives the ball straight to the more technical players. We definitely need creativity though. Djoum is disinterested and Walker's better scoring than creating and even that hasn't happened from him so far this season, with a host of missed chances in the cup games so far - unlike his potential replacement, Cadden.

Djoum was definitely disinterested last season, but he's only played about 15mins so far this year, and apparently he was quite sparky up at Peterhead - I'd wait and see how he settles in with the new players (if he's still here in September that is...).

We definitely need a scrappy little bollix in the middle though - a Darian Mckinnon-type, but better and not a scumbag!

I honestly think that the biggest issue we have with the midfield is that we don't have 2 players that 'get' each other, you can train and coach players all you want but sometimes players are just on the same wavelength. None of our midfielders seem to know what the person with the ball is going to do next, if they guess the ball is going short then it's long and vice versa. hopefully we can bring someone in that 'gets' one or two of the others and everything falls into place. 

We need the type of midfielder that was out on the pitch on Saturday (not) doing the 1/2 time draw!!

Djoum was definitely disinterested last season, but he's only played about 15mins so far this year, and apparently he was quite sparky up at Peterhead - I'd wait and see how he settles in with the new players (if he's still here in September that is...).

We definitely need a scrappy little bollix in the middle though - a Darian Mckinnon-type, but better and not a scumbag!

If we got the 2015/16 Djoum back we'd immediately become a better prospect. I hope he knuckles down and realises that good performances for us will give him a much better chance of getting the move he wants. If he plays deeper as he does for Cameroon he could be a lot like Ian Black but without the bite. A spine of Souttar, Djoum and a new creative, attacking midfielder would (should) change our play dramatically.

Archived