***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

millerjames398

I have a pair of sondico myself that cost 50 notes but these ones are total mint.

Going to use them for 5's.

Been a few years since i was in the sticks, but it was always reusch and uhlsport for me...remember getting both Scotland Italia 90 gk strips and a pair of Steve Sutton panther reusch gloves thought I was the bollox[emoji23] *Steve Sutton was the forest keeper late 80s early 90s.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finlay James

The jury is definitely still out on Grizzly, M.Smith, A.Smith-Brown and Stockton.

To be fair, they have joined us at a time of relative disjoint. Stockton in particular has made a big step up and would benefit from a settled environment to come in to. Fwiw, I think they will all turn out as big players for us (once Cathro has gone)

Tynecastle Valhalla

We need a top goalkeeper asap - why haven't we signed one ?

It gives the whole team confidence

gorgie rd eh11

We need a top goalkeeper asap - why haven't we signed one ?

It gives the whole team confidence

Yeah, why don't we just go along to the "top goalkeeper" shop and get one.

Jambo 4 Ever

Does todays news mean no more signings til new head coach / manager is in position??

If so, our squad is very thin

And really need a keeper

RustyRightPeg

Does todays news mean no more signings til new head coach / manager is in position??

And really need a keeper

If we act quickly to get a new appointment in charge then I would say so. 

There is still sufficient time in this transfer window for the new appointment to make his own mark on the squad.

And really need a keeper

Macphees been the one involved in most of our signings anyway.

Isma, Lafferty, Smith, Hughes.

Howdy Doody Jambo

i red in the metro that Dundee United are open to offers on Cammy Bell, could be an option as we were linked a couple of years ago could do a wee swap deal

i red in the metro that Dundee United are open to offers on Cammy Bell, could be an option as we were linked a couple of years ago could do a wee swap deal

That would be an awful signing.

Bazzas right boot

Awful, worse than Jak.

Nothing worse than having to put on the sweaty gloves in 5s

Don't think Bob Wilson wore gloves just a good old gob

Hope Greggsy doesn't want them back when he signs for us

Goalie gloves always used to end up smelling of vinegar after a few hours of use.... Or was that just me.

Unknown user

Macphees been the one involved in most of our signings anyway.

Isma, Lafferty, Smith, Hughes.

I don't know what you mean by that tbh, the players may have been known to him and he may have influenced their decisions, but Cathro was the one who said yay or nay and Budge/Levein did the contracts. I don't see how that means he's been "the one" involved in our signings

Speculation on potential signings has been suspended, unless approved by PS :sunny:

Take the rose tinted glasses off

GorgieRules22

Take the rose tinted glasses off

I'd imagine our manager will come from one of Houston,Hartley or Pressley.

I'd imagine our manager will come from one of Houston,Hartley or Pressley.

I sincerely hope not.  Houston getting on a bit: the other two's records won't bowl anyone over.  We need to remove the sentiment when we make choices.

I don't know what you mean by that tbh, the players may have been known to him and he may have influenced their decisions, but Cathro was the one who said yay or nay and Budge/Levein did the contracts. I don't see how that means he's been "the one" involved in our signings

He's the one that has spoke to these players and convinced them to come, he was the one that had been in Lafferty's ear for the past 6 months about coming to hearts and he's the one that was pictured with Lafferty on his arrival at Hearts. He's having a big influence.

Nookie Bear

I sincerely hope not. Houston getting on a bit: the other two's records won't bowl anyone over. We need to remove the sentiment when we make choices.

How old is Houston? Not sure his age is relevant tbh

Unknown user

He's the one that has spoke to these players and convinced them to come, he was the one that had been in Lafferty's ear for the past 6 months about coming to hearts and he's the one that was pictured with Lafferty on his arrival at Hearts. He's having a big influence.

He's certainly been involved, but I still don't see any reason to believe he's "the one" behind our signings, there are multiple people involved

I checked and Houston turned 59 a couple of weeks ago.

At that age I'd be looking at him more as a DoF type if he is to work in the top flight

Bazzas right boot

Lol, good way to answer your own question.

The NI connection is obvious, if you don't realise that then you're a bit stupid or under 12 year old.

Unknown user

Lol, good way to answer your own question.

The NI connection is obvious, if you don't realise that then you're a bit stupid or under 12 year old.

No need to be a dick about it.

Clearly there's an N.I. connection about it, but even Lafferty said he'd spoken at length with Cathro about his role in the team. Clearly not a one man show, so again, I don't see how anyone can say McGhee's "the one" behind our signings.

Clearly there's an N.I. connection about it, but even Lafferty said he'd spoken at length with Cathro about his role in the team. Clearly not a one man show, so again, I don't see how anyone can say McGhee's "the one" behind our signings.

He's not the only one to drop this sort of talk on here.

Seen more than a few "McPhee signings" and "Levein signings" mentioned of late.

Bizarre indeed. Our asst. uses some contacts from the game and all of a sudden he's signing players.

Bazzas right boot

No one saying it's a one man show but it's completely obvious that Macphee and the NI connection has been important in getting these signings.

Surprised there is even a debate on that.

sairyinthat

Which to be fair is usually minimal

The fee for Rossi was also undisclosed yet I would guess it was at least ?350 000 based on a site which put valuations on clubs players.Can't recall the site name but it was European.

Cruyff Turn

So I take it Fred Woodman is on the backburner now that wee Cathy has been launched and Craigy is still holding out for his original target, McGregor.

Unknown user

No one saying it's a one man show but it's completely obvious that Macphee and the NI connection has been important in getting these signings.

Surprised there is even a debate on that.

I'm surprised you think that's what the debate was! I was simply disagreeing with the guy who said McPhee was the one behind our signings.

Unknown user

He's not the only one to drop this sort of talk on here.

Seen more than a few "McPhee signings" and "Levein signings" mentioned of late.

Bizarre indeed. Our asst. uses some contacts from the game and all of a sudden he's signing players.

Even more bizarre IMO is Isma being held up as a McPhee signing when he was with Cathro at Rio Ave before either of them had even met McPhee!

millerjames398

Goalie gloves always used to end up smelling of vinegar after a few hours of use.... Or was that just me.

No it was a common thing mate...especially when they were getting used by a few of your mates as well[emoji37]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Stockton mentioned when he signed he 'spoke to Austin'

Hughes, Lafferty and Smith all said the same due to N. Ireland Roots

Randall was a Cathro, unless he bluffed that line of wanting him from the start

Not sure about Smith-Brown or Grzelak but I would quite happily say that MacPhee has had a large amount of influence on our recruitment and I am glad he's staying at this moment in time

Killie target Bell exits Dundee United

Posted at19:10

Goalkeeper Cammy Bell has agreed a deal to terminate his contract with Dundee United.

You can probably expect him to be at Rugby Park tomorrow, with Kilmarnock keen to sign him.

Goalkeeper Cammy Bell has agreed a deal to terminate his contract with Dundee United.

You can probably expect him to be at Rugby Park tomorrow, with Kilmarnock keen to sign him.

Perfect. 

Paulo returns and brings cup winning hero Jamie MacDonald home. :pleased:

Which you are guessing is minimal

I think had it been a substantial amount then Hearts would have been telling everyone about how much. Neither club has said what the amount is so only they know obviously.

The fee for Rossi was also undisclosed yet I would guess it was at least ?350 000 based on a site which put valuations on clubs players.Can't recall the site name but it was European.

I would be surprised if it was anything close to that amount but great stuff if the club got that for him especially as he was out of contract at the end of the season.

I think had it been a substantial amount then Hearts would have been telling everyone about how much. Neither club has said what the amount is so only they know obviously.

It depends really.  There's a big incentive for Hearts to keep the amount unknown.  If we received 250k for Johnson (I'm not saying we did) and it was public, then Motherwell's price for Cadden (or whoever) would probably go up.

Yes but you still think it would be minimal.

I can't believe we didn't make a move for Cammy Bell. He lost his way at The Rangers but he seems to have found some form.

Yes but you still think it would be minimal.

I don't think my assumption is being unreasonable considering we got him for nothing and he wasn't featuring for us and had obviously fallen out of favour.

We seemed eager to move him on so I would think that we would be happy to take a "minimal" amount to get rid and free up some cash.

How much would you think we got for him?

It depends really.  There's a big incentive for Hearts to keep the amount unknown.  If we received 250k for Johnson (I'm not saying we did) and it was public, then Motherwell's price for Cadden (or whoever) would probably go up.

Valid point. 

I don't think my assumption is being unreasonable considering we got him for nothing and he wasn't featuring for us and had obviously fallen out of favour.

We seemed eager to move him on so I would think that we would be happy to take a "minimal" amount to get rid and free up some cash.

How much would you think we got for him?

Haven't a clue but he was an international player.  A player's worth is often determined by how desperate the buying club are and how much they are willing to pay.  If pressed I would have thought the sum mentioned above of ?350k would not be unreasonable.

Johnsen went to Den Haag. Now, I know it's according to Wiki but these are their top 5 transfer fees paid. They'd be shouting about it from the rooftops if it was anywhere near ?300,000.

1. Bogdan Mili? ?675,000

2. Ahmed Ammi ? 400.000

3. Aleksandar Rankovi? ? 350.000

4.Rydell Poepon ? 300.000

5.Csaba Horv?th ? 200.000

The fact that their 12th highest fee paid is ?67,500, chances are we got peanuts.

I can't believe we didn't make a move for Cammy Bell. He lost his way at The Rangers but he seems to have found some form.

Dundee United couldn't wait to get rid of him!

Arthur Morgan

You're at the wind up.

Archived