***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I'll give Tales the benefit of the doubt, that Djoum met a guy in his bar and there was a discussion about clubs down south. But rather than being his agent, it was some hack having an interview with him.

Edit - In fact, was there not a wee snippet the other day with Djoum bigging up Walker?

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what hospitipal is JkB like? The Royal or the Western?

I found this way funnier than I should have

Apologies if mentioned earlier but that's Oliver Norwood signed for Fulham on loan for the season, so there's another one you can cross off the list.

Cruyff Turn

Apologies if mentioned earlier but that's Oliver Norwood signed for Fulham on loan for the season, so there's another one you can cross off the list.

Was always out of our league but he'd have been the ticket.

Tonight just confirmed we're still needing quite a few, any rumours[emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't matter a jot who we sign as long as Cathro is in charge. We've actually signed some good players over the summer but then we go and lose to Peterhead. Cathro is responsible.

It doesn't matter a jot who we sign as long as Cathro is in charge. We've actually signed some good players over the summer but then we go and lose to Peterhead. Cathro is responsible.

Very true I mean I saw him run on and bring the guy down in the box in the last minute

rudi must stay

suppose they'll wheel out a few signings now, could be a good thing to come out of tonights result

Very true I mean I saw him run on and bring the guy down in the box in the last minute

What a stupid thing to say; do you think Cathro has no responsibility??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Cut The Crap

suppose they'll wheel out a few signings now, could be a good thing to come out of tonights result

I don't actually want Cathro to spend any more of our money.

GorgieRules22

He's publicly come out and said we need a new keeper. We play our first league game a week on Saturday and we've still not brought one in. As poor a keeper as Jsck is I don't think Cathros doing his confidence any good.

Sick of hearing about us using the window up until the end but at this rate we'll be bottom of the league.

Get your business done early and hit the ground running, is it to much to ask ?

Is Cathro signing the players?

I think it's more McPhee and Levein that are bringing the players in.

That's precisely the problem we now have. Who in their right mind would give the buffoon money to spend given that he's going to have us bottom of the league and facing his jotters in a few weeks. Unless, of course, our senior management are happy with the prospect of a relegation fight.

What a stupid thing to say; do you think Cathro has no responsibility??

Its a bit tongue in cheek. It's just very easy to blame cathro for everything. Particularly so early on in the season. He knows we are still short once we get another few in can properly judge

Unknown user

I mentioned before re Sunderland looking at our players - in February I bumped into Gordon Chisholm, former hibs player, Dundee utd manager and current Sunderland scout here in Alkmaar.

I asked him if they were looking at any hearts players and he literally laughed.

Things may have changed since of course but he was pretty definitive

Its a bit tongue in cheek. It's just very easy to blame cathro for everything. Particularly so early on in the season. He knows we are still short once we get another few in can properly judge

Salient point being we shouldn't be ****ing short. For the second season running our season was over in fecking February. We have had months to sort the squad out and bring in the required players. As one example how in gods name are we still playing Jack Hamilton a year after he got the No1 jersey by default. A year!!!! We have had 2 windows to sort it out and still it's not resolved. That is completely negligible but is just one example of the abysmal recruitment.

Cathro isn't going to get months this season, he is going to get destroyed by an increasingly fed up support and it's going to happen soon, possibly as early as Saturday but more likely by the time the Aberdeen game rolls round and we are at or near the foot of the table. Even if we win on Saturday we may also have been knocked out the League Cup by that stage too. We can only pray we don't draw Hibs in the next round of that given how dire we look again.

Does he think we're as short as everyone else though? I'm not confident we will recruit enough before the transfer window closes. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Cathro has been the common denominator since he came in; good players, terrible results.

Very obvious now where the weaknesses are in the side. A competent goalie needed. At least two midfielders as well - more if we lose Walker.

I think someone with a bit of real presence in Midfield is essential. It's an area where we have lacked for quite some time and it has shone through in big games as the likes of Brown/Ryan Jack and Bartley overan our midfield last season. Although he wasn't a great footballer, Ian Black worked in this role for us in 2012.

By bringing someone in to do the 'ugly stuff', it would allow the others around him (Djoum etc) to play a bit further up the pitch. Whether or not someone that suits this role is available is another question but we should certainly be looking.

buaben, mcghee, nowak, hamilton are not good enough to play for Heart of Midlothian

That saves me writing the names above. They should be nowhere near the first team if we are to move on. Really need to kick on this season as the feel good factor is certainly dwindling at a rapid pace.

That saves me writing the names above. They should be nowhere near the first team if we are to move on. Really need to kick on this season as the feel good factor is certainly dwindling at a rapid pace.

Bauben is ok for cover but should not be starting for Hearts. 

I would not be surprised to see a player come in within the next couple of days after last night dyer performance 

I keep hearing they are good squad players. Good squad players would nae get beat off Peterhead. You're right they should be no where near the 1st team.

Bauben is ok for cover but should not be starting for Hearts.

I would not be surprised to see a player come in within the next couple of days after last night dyer performance

Buaben is obviously not ok for cover. The guy is ****ing hopeless

Lord Beni of Gorgie

buaben, mcghee, nowak, hamilton are not good enough to play for Heart of Midlothian

Correct. McGhee was far from the worst last night actually did ok but the players you mentioned in general don't cut it.

Bauben last night was the main reason for our defeat. Rusty Djoum did more in 5 mins

Correct. McGhee was far from the worst last night actually did ok but the players you mentioned in general don't cut it.

Bauben last night was the main reason for our defeat. Rusty Djoum did more in 5 mins

desperately need a midfielder. Tony Andreu could be a good signing as would Cadden.

Hopefully there is some level of truth in The Ben Amos rumour the bolton fan provided on another thread 

Agree. Bauben was the weak link last night and should've been subbed at half time. Most of peterheads play came through the middle because of him not doing his job.

Holyrood_Hearts

Disagree with McGhee being on that list tbh.

Holyrood_Hearts

Fair enough

Apologies my reply was a bit abrupt!!

I do think there's potential for Jordan. Hamilton & Prince need replaced & apart from Nowak's goal v Sevco, I struggle to think of anything positive he's done in the last 7 months.

Apologies my reply was a bit abrupt!!

I do think there's potential for Jordan. Hamilton & Prince need replaced & apart from Nowak's goal v Sevco, I struggle to think of anything positive he's done in the last 7 months.

I didnt take it like that mate, i see your POV i just dont think Mcghee is good enough. 

Never convinces me with the ball at his feet or looks solid in the air. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Somebody to really anchor the midfield. I like Cowie but his style of play doesn't suit what we are trying to do.

Grzelak is really too limited to be an attacking threat. Defensive work hasn't looked great either. That's already a worry. Curse of the left is lingering

RalphieCifaretto

Desperately need pace in the team, a centre midfielder and a new goalkeeper.

Our current midfield will not take us far, especially as Djoum doesn't look to interested.

I'm not sure why there is such a clamour to get rid of people. I agree that the above, along with Sammon and Johnson, shouldn't be first picks, however football is a squad game and we need some depth, otherwise we'll leave ourselves too thin when injuries and suspensions happen. I think all of the above are more than capable squad players, what we now need is to sign the 2-3 starters that fit the style of football that we want to play. We literally have no pace in the team and no real drive from the middle of the park. We have a solid platform at the back (GK aside) and we look like we have quality up front, however we desperately need some creativity and spark in the middle.

I'm sure Levein and Cathro know this, however these players don't grow on tree's, especially within the budget constraints that we are operating in. I don't think it's negligence, I just think they are seeking the write player, which is easier said than done.

rudi must stay

So no rumours again today????

Rumour is Ben Amos is travelling up to Edinburgh to agree a deal this week (from a Bolton fan in the thread Keeper and attacking player needed)

Rumour is Ben Amos is travelling up to Edinburgh to agree a deal this week (from a Bolton fan in the thread Keeper and attacking player needed)

hope so, would be a great signing

I'm not sure why there is such a clamour to get rid of people. I agree that the above, along with Sammon and Johnson, shouldn't be first picks, however football is a squad game and we need some depth, otherwise we'll leave ourselves too thin when injuries and suspensions happen. I think all of the above are more than capable squad players, what we now need is to sign the 2-3 starters that fit the style of football that we want to play. We literally have no pace in the team and no real drive from the middle of the park. We have a solid platform at the back (GK aside) and we look like we have quality up front, however we desperately need some creativity and spark in the middle.

I'm sure Levein and Cathro know this, however these players don't grow on tree's, especially within the budget constraints that we are operating in. I don't think it's negligence, I just think they are seeking the write player, which is easier said than done.

Agree that we shouldn't offload too many before bringing in replacements, but I think it's more a case off these guys (sammon Johnson)being on first team wages. If we can see that there's no real pace in the team surely cathro/levein can see this.

Inc giving away a penalty .

Mind you I'm biased I hate the big clown , lol

Hope this is true, Hamilton instills zero confidence in the back line.

the big show

AT the start of last year it was rumoured Hamilton would be going out on loan before the Gilks deal fell through ,  Hamilton did not really have a great season and on many occasions looked like his confidence was shot to bits , So surely this should have been a No 1 priority yet here we are season a couple weeks away league cup campaign under way and still no No 1 , i could go on about the middle of the park as it has been obvious for long enough but if going by what you are saying you don't think it's negligence , excuse my ignorance what is it ? you do realize it has took them 2 year to get a decent left back although he is still actually more right footed and only on loan , we have had 6 or 7 different guys playing left back in the last 2 years , My God do they think they can use players like a lucky dip .  These positions are as much priority as all the others in my opinion although you would think not given the time scale that has went by , ALSO i see in one of the reports that Cathro is saying that a lot of the players are just starting getting to know each other and gel . Strange comment given it is pretty obvious that we are still needing a few in and the season is only a couple of weeks away ..

Dalstonjambo

AT the start of last year it was rumoured Hamilton would be going out on loan before the Gilks deal fell through ,  Hamilton did not really have a great season and on many occasions looked like his confidence was shot to bits , So surely this should have been a No 1 priority yet here we are season a couple weeks away league cup campaign under way and still no No 1 , i could go on about the middle of the park as it has been obvious for long enough but if going by what you are saying you don't think it's negligence , excuse my ignorance what is it ? you do realize it has took them 2 year to get a decent left back although he is still actually more right footed and only on loan , we have had 6 or 7 different guys playing left back in the last 2 years , My God do they think they can use players like a lucky dip .  These positions are as much priority as all the others in my opinion although you would think not given the time scale that has went by , ALSO i see in one of the reports that Cathro is saying that a lot of the players are just starting getting to know each other and gel . Strange comment given it is pretty obvious that we are still needing a few in and the season is only a couple of weeks away ..

Was it not pretty much confirmed that we were trying to get McGregor in, but waiting for him to try and get out of his contract? Perhaps they figured Hamilton was enough to get through the group stage and then we would go for McGregor or someone else (Amos maybe) before the start of the season?

Completely agree with your comments on the midfield and Hamilton not being good enough. 

Watt-Zeefuik

Thank f--- for a ray of hope

But was he genuinely a Bolton fan or a wee team interloper on the wind-up?

Back to 2005

But was he genuinely a Bolton fan or a wee team interloper on the wind-up?

I doubt he's a Bolton fan. You wouldn't call yourself Bolton jambo if you were genuine.

I doubt he's a Bolton fan. You wouldn't call yourself Bolton jambo if you were genuine.

if he is hibee on the wind up I can think of better things to wind us up about after last night...

had more clubs than tiger woods

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

johnking123

had more clubs than tiger woods

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

But not as many blondes 

Archived