***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Haven't a clue but he was an international player. A player's worth is often determined by how desperate the buying club are and how much they are willing to pay. If pressed I would have thought the sum mentioned above of ?350k would not be unreasonable.

The ?350k mentioned was for Rossi was it not? Unless I have read it wrong

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ?350k mentioned was for Rossi was it not? Unless I have read it wrong

It was.  However ?350k for Rossi was "undisclosed" and I don't think that fee is unreasonable these for an international player even if Johnsen did get late to the table.

Where is our new keeper.

Last season was made significantly worse due to Hamilton donating 7 or 8 goals. WTF is going on, the league season starts tomorrow.

Deans-Hearts

Where is our new keeper.

Last season was made significantly worse due to Hamilton donating 7 or 8 goals. WTF is going on, the league season starts tomorrow.

Another Cathro failure, this should have been done a long time ago

Would take Jamie Mac back now Bell's first choice at Killie. 

Really don't get why people are so against this. We can't get McGregor, McGovern or anyone you might describe as a triple A signing for a club our size. MacDonald is a fantastic shot stopper - possibly one of the best in the league. Hamilton is pish and Noring can't shift him. 

MacDonald would be an improvement on what we have for at least a season. 

Really don't get why people are so against this. We can't get McGregor, McGovern or anyone you might describe as a triple A signing for a club our size. MacDonald is a fantastic shot stopper - possibly one of the best in the league. Hamilton is pish and Noring can't shift him.

MacDonald would be an improvement on what we have for at least a season.

Yep, it would be a start!

MacDonald in as backupo goalie would be fine by me, as long as we have a brand new number 1 with Hamilton going out on loan and Noring leaving.

MacDonald would be an improvement on what we have for at least a season

He was dire with cross balls and had a habit of pushing saves to the feet of an opposition forward so it's a no thankyou from me.

MacDonald would be an improvement on what we have for at least a season

He was dire with cross balls and had a habit of pushing saves to the feet of an opposition forward so it's a no thankyou from me.

He was weak with cross balls but I'd rather have a keeper that excels in one area (shotstopping) than whatever Hamilton is supposed to be good at (because its not shotstopping or cross balls!).

Folk seem desperate to use being weak at cross balls as an excuse not to take him but how many keepers are actually good with cross balls at our level? Alexander wasn't and he was supposed to be an improvement on him.

Given our lack of options to fill the GK space and Killie being poor as **** we could get MacDonald most likely for free (since they want Bell) and regroup next season with a better all rounder. 

He was weak with cross balls but I'd rather have a keeper that excels in one area (shotstopping) than whatever Hamilton is supposed to be good at (because its not shotstopping or cross balls!).

Folk seem desperate to use being weak at cross balls as an excuse not to take him but how many keepers are actually good with cross balls at our level? Alexander wasn't and he was supposed to be an improvement on him.

Given our lack of options to fill the GK space and Killie being poor as **** we could get MacDonald most likely for free (since they want Bell) and regroup next season with a better all rounder. 

It is impossible that we cannot find a better goalie than one we released before playing in the Championship.

It is impossible that we cannot find a better goalie than one we released before playing in the Championship.

Thats true if you believe we made the right choice in releasing him. I personally don't. Alexander wasn't a particularly good keeper, he was better at cross balls but didn't have the same skill at shot stopping.

Thats true if you believe we made the right choice in releasing him. I personally don't. Alexander wasn't a particularly good keeper, he was better at cross balls but didn't have the same skill at shot stopping.

I absolutely believe it was the correct decision so we will have to agree to differ.

We need some midfield and wide players. This current squad coupled with the disadvantage of no home games and no manager will struggle top 5.

Dare I say it but unfortunately I think Hibs have a better manger (currently) and a more balanced squad.

The financial realities of building a fantastic new stand are going to hit us for 12 months or so

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We need some midfield and wide players. This current squad coupled with the disadvantage of no home games and no manager will struggle top 5.

Dare I say it but unfortunately I think Hibs have a better manger (currently) and a more balanced squad.

The financial realities of building a fantastic new stand are going to hit us for 12 months or so

They certainly have momentum along with Aberdeen, maybe St Johnstone too. The start we have, we have to dig out at least 1 away win and a draw. Not going to be easy without anyone at the helm

Glamorous Glue

Agreed on the midfield and wide players.

We've pissed about enough money over the last twelve months on contracts and shite players to have easily covered these positions. New stand excuse shouldn't be a factor but due to poor recruitment it will now be used.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

They definitely have a better manager currently, but only because we don't have one! :lol:

fabienleclerq

I can't believe we haven't signed a ****ing goalkeeper. We've had a year to sort one and tbh should've been the number one priority squad wise followed by a CM. Our CM has been poor and the last time it looked good It was prince snd Gomis.

New manager coming in will play Noring from the first game.

Apart from one mistake early on I think he's been pretty solid.

We really need to not have JH playing.

And we desperately need width.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Glamorous Glue

I can't believe we haven't signed a ******* goalkeeper. We've had a year to sort one and tbh should've been the number one priority squad wise followed by a CM. Our CM has been poor and the last time it looked good It was prince snd Gomis.

Never replaced Gomis imo.

Brighton Jambo

Cammy Bell has resigned for Killie, I wonder if that means Jamie McDonald could be tempted back. I'd take him

Jambo 4 Ever

I can't believe we haven't signed a ******* goalkeeper. We've had a year to sort one and tbh should've been the number one priority squad wise followed by a CM. Our CM has been poor and the last time it looked good It was prince snd Gomis.

Agreed-we should have signed a keeper by now

Exactly.

I know what you mean, but I think Kitchen done a good job for a while.  He rarely performed or even played much under Cathro, but that could be said of others.

I think the midfield improved with Kitchen/Djoum/Cowie over Buaben/Gomis/Pallardo.  

Maybe my hindsight has been blinded by Cathro!

Cammy Bell has resigned for Killie, I wonder if that means Jamie McDonald could be tempted back. I'd take him

KIlmarnock's No. 2? Is that really the level we're aiming for?

We badly need a GK and CM to compete in the next few games. I would settle on Noring until a better option comes along but Hamilton has to be benched.

Agreed-we should have signed a keeper by now

Nothing will happen until a new manager is appointed.

The Future's Maroon

Roy Carroll

Is this just a random name pulled out thin air or have you heard something?

i assume since he is northern irish

KIlmarnock's No. 2? Is that really the level we're aiming for?

doubt it's what we're aiming for.  But would be a cheap option and would be better than what we've got unfortunately.

By the time the window shuts......

Walker will be a Rangers player

Sammin will be a Killie player

Cadden will be a Hearts player

Hearts will have a new keeper

Hearts will have a new manager

Djoum will be off

Oh and we'll be bottom six ????

Djoum will be off

Random but at 40 plus he still would be an improvement

Tongue and cheek

There must be something out there surely

Djoum will be off

Will he slither or scurry there?

To be fair Cathro hadn't finished signing the players he wanted for his chosen style 3-4-3

Now that he has been ditched of course the squad will look unbalanced for two reasons

1. We hadn't finished our business

2. Daly now wants to play a formation that isn't suited to the players we spent all summer buying.

Funny thing is Daly knows it if you listen to his interview attacking Rodgers.

Our width comes by way of wing backs - the wide players in the midfield 4.

The 3 at the back comes from Hughes Souttar and Berra

The 3 at the front Lafferty as the focus with players like Isma and Walker more fluid and able to come in from wider etc

We needed 2 to 3 more players really to give that formation a decent crack. (2 CMs ideally and a new keeper).

If we drastically change formation we need another 5 or 6.

jordanthorburn1

What make does McGregor wear? I know a lot of Scottish keepers wear behar, im sure Kenny Arthur the ex Partick keeper started the brand a few years ago.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

he did and they are very very good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Djoum will be off

Cadden won't be going anywhere this window.

Cat Stevens

What make does McGregor wear? I know a lot of Scottish keepers wear behar, im sure Kenny Arthur the ex Partick keeper started the brand a few years ago.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Beh?lt were started by a couple of local lads, both amateur goalies. Neither played pro. Decent gloves though, I've had a few pairs. Don't like the way their styling has gone lately so I'm back to Sells or Uhlsport.

To be fair Cathro hadn't finished signing the players he wanted for his chosen style 3-4-3

Now that he has been ditched of course the squad will look unbalanced for two reasons

1. We hadn't finished our business

2. Daly now wants to play a formation that isn't suited to the players we spent all summer buying.

Funny thing is Daly knows it if you listen to his interview attacking Rodgers.

Our width comes by way of wing backs - the wide players in the midfield 4.

The 3 at the back comes from Hughes Souttar and Berra

The 3 at the front Lafferty as the focus with players like Isma and Walker more fluid and able to come in from wider etc

We needed 2 to 3 more players really to give that formation a decent crack. (2 CMs ideally and a new keeper).

If we drastically change formation we need another 5 or 6.

It was only one game

And Souttar wasn't deemed ready while Celtic offer a different challenge

Too early to write off the players or the formation

Jambof3tornado

It was only one game

And Souttar wasn't deemed ready while Celtic offer a different challenge

Too early to write off the players or the formation

Correct. We will mostly adopt a 3 centre half with wing backs approach. Not every game.

Bump.. no rumours out there? Thought the perk of having the DOF system means we didnt have to rely on a having a head coach in place to make signings etc.  If our recruitment drive has stopped does that indicate a move away from our system?

I know he has strong Hibs connections, but a signing we should be looking to make is Liam Henderson, midfield is crying out for a player like him and Celtic aparently willing to sell.  

Keeper - Jon McLaughlin still unsigned to a team, and Michael McGovern getting splinters on Norwich's bench. 

Archived