***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Yes and he's only 23. I thought he was older than that.

Would have been a decent replacement for Walker if he was to leave.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would have been a decent replacement for Walker if he was to leave.

Yes, he was a decent player when he was at Motherwell. I would love to know why we haven't been trying to sign guys like this as we can surely afford them if at club like Killie can.

It could be we have looked of course but seems unlikely.

Yes, he was a decent player when he was at Motherwell. I would love to know why we haven't been trying to sign guys like this as we can surely afford them if at club like Killie can.

It could be we have looked of course but seems unlikely.

Add Christie and McKay Steven these players would have made a huge difference to our team.

Add Christie and McKay Steven these players would have made a huge difference to our team.

celtic WONT loan or sell us any players.

Probably true mate.

would much rather lend to there wee brothers to help former captain popcorn teeth stay in a job

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Celtic and Hearts don't have a working relationship all the way top to bottom. Aberdeen and Hibs do.

This is pretty obvious i would have thought

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Celtic and Hearts don't have a working relationship all the way top to bottom. Aberdeen and Hibs do.

Clear as day. We're viewed as hun family members by that confused bunch. I have to confess though I couldn't give a **** what they think.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Clear as day. We're viewed as hun family members by that confused bunch. I have to confess though I couldn't give a **** what they think.

Aberdeen have been quite cute with them.

Working from a position of strength they had 2 things Celtic want.

Hayes and the ability with a bit of help to challenge Rangers and deny them funds.

We possibly had Paterson they wanted but nothing now. Then the outrage if we do sell to them. They hold the cards not us

Watt-Zeefuik

Aberdeen have been quite cute with them.

Working from a position of strength they had 2 things Celtic want.

Hayes and the ability with a bit of help to challenge Rangers and deny them funds.

We possibly had Paterson they wanted but nothing now. Then the outrage if we do sell to them. They hold the cards not us

Good post.

Celtic and Rangers used to have a chummy relationship in the back room regardless of what went on out in the stands. Reports were at the cup semi-final between the OF a few years ago that when Rangers won it their execs were absolute welts to Lawell in the director's box and Lawell and Desmond and they decided they were done with it. So they hired Rogers and splashed a much larger amount of cash with the intent to absolutely bury Rangers.

So rather than working together to keep their special position up Celtic are now fine with throwing some crumbs to Aberdeen and Hibs to help them block Rangers. We'll be the last to get any of that of course though.

Bazzas right boot

Our manager, our signing policy, our signings, our players, Levein, Ann Budge, our youth policy, our scouting, aspects of our new stadium...all things that are being criticised on a regular basis.

We win, it's papering over the cracks; we lose it's a catastrophe. The endless stream of negativity...you wonder why some folk bother with 'supporting' the club as it seems to make their life's an absolute misery.

Not aimed just at your post, which I know was based on signings; but it just tipped me over the edge!

100%. Unless Hearts win some posters are miserable. Really has been negative since the championship, there was a Robbie oot  poll when we were third. There has been a Hearts manager poll ongoing for  a year and a half now....

A manager in / out poll running for a year and half- tragic

Our manager, our signing policy, our signings, our players, Levein, Ann Budge, our youth policy, our scouting, aspects of our new stadium...all things that are being criticised on a regular basis.

We win, it's papering over the cracks; we lose it's a catastrophe. The endless stream of negativity...you wonder why some folk bother with 'supporting' the club as it seems to make their life's an absolute misery.

Not aimed just at your post, which I know was based on signings; but it just tipped me over the edge!

:spoton:

No it's not. To say celtic wouldn't deal with us due to anything to do with the Huns is misleadingly paranoid. If we approached them and they told us to bolt based on that then it would be revealed.

More on signings from the manager..seems we are not finished yet

With the transfer window not closing until the end of August, Cathro says his squad remains a work in progress but is happy with the business concluded so far, with defenders Christophe Berra, Rafal Grzelak, Michael Smith and Ashley Smith-Brown and forwards Kyle Lafferty and Cole Stockton brought in prior to Randall's arrival.

"I'm happy that we are ready to play the game tomorrow," added Cathro.

"After that, we will continue to work on a number of things. There is still time in the transfer window where we expect to do some things.

"And of course in that period of time we continue to improve. There is no concern. We have a difficult match and a very, very important match now against Dunfermline, who are a good team."

We do it seems have a relationship with some clubs though

?He?s a player that I?m really pleased to have been able to bring, he?s someone who we?ve been tracking, probably right since we arrived, as an option from a number of clubs that we talk to and spend a bit of time with.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We do it seems have a relationship with some clubs though

?He?s a player that I?m really pleased to have been able to bring, he?s someone who we?ve been tracking, probably right since we arrived, as an option from a number of clubs that we talk to and spend a bit of time with.

I am surprised nothing happened with Newcastle. It could still. Wages is massive though. The club's can be happy and the players can say no.

I am surprised nothing happened with Newcastle. It could still. Wages is massive though. The club's can be happy and the players can say no.

We've clearly aimed higher than Newcastle United for our contacts !!!!

I am also surprised but as you say there needs to be willingness on both sides never mind the finances

I think the club were hopefully that deals would have been down by now on at least one or two of the following to allow the freeing up of money/wages for decent signings.

Salmon - move on.

Johnsen - Sell

Djuom - Sell

Walker - Sell

Bazzas right boot

No it's not. To say celtic wouldn't deal with us due to anything to do with the Huns is misleadingly paranoid. If we approached them and they told us to bolt based on that then it would be revealed.

Celtic are shit scared of us and don't want to help us, they know we are coming for them!

Slowly.

Very slowly.

So , so Slowly.

Bazzas right boot

I think the club were hopefully that deals would have been down by now on at least one or two of the following to allow the freeing up of money/wages for decent signings.

Salmon - move on.

Johnsen - Sell

Djuom - Sell

Walker - Sell

keep the bottom two and bring two in.

Salmon - move on.

Johnsen - Sell

Djuom - Sell

Walker - Sell

Agree

Two in a ****ing row

;)

chester copperpot

Right, this will be my last update surrounding the whole rumours thing as I keep getting shot down in flames however let me just share something regarding Mcregor and then I am out of the thread.

Allan has very kindly donated a whole load of training gear (kids stuff) to one of my local football teams and when I asked if he was coming to Hearts, the family member said I will be the first to know.

Seems it may not be dead after all but I may be reading a bit too much into that information.

I am not asking anything more as clearly she doesn't want to share any more but thought she was going to confirm that he would be staying at Hull.

chester copperpot, on 28 Jul 2017 - 7:38 PM, said:

Right, this will be my last update surrounding the whole rumours thing as I keep getting shot down in flames however let me just share something regarding Mcregor and then I am out of the thread.

Allan has very kindly donated a whole load of training gear (kids stuff) to one of my local football teams and when I asked if he was coming to Hearts, the family member said I will be the first to know.

Seems it may not be dead after all but I may be reading a bit too much into that information.

I am not asking anything more as clearly she doesn't want to share any more but thought she was going to confirm that he would be staying at Hull.

:2thumbsup:

Watt-Zeefuik

Celtic are shit scared of us and don't want to help us, they know we are coming for them!

Slowly.

Very slowly.

So , so Slowly.

:lol:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

So when will you know

::troll:::'>

siegementality

Barring KL and CB our signings have been disappointing tbh. I don't know why but I expected better.

Salmon - move on.

Johnsen - Sell

Djuom - Sell

Walker - Sell

Salmon - move on.

Johnsen - Sell

Djuom - Sell

Walker - Sell

Where is Knobsen anyway?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Barring KL and CB our signings have been disappointing tbh. I don't know why but I expected better.

There's nowt wrong with our signings. How many squads will we burn through before reality comes knocking on your door.

chester copperpot

So when will you know

::troll:::'>

Probably never :lol:

I will get a message most probably when the scarf is above his heid

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Probably never :lol:

I will get a message most probably when the scarf is above his heid

:)

Having loans from City and Pool our other relationship is with United if I remember correctly.

They have about 8 keepers but not 1 fits the bill for a loan.

I think KL and CB have for this league been triple A signings. Everybody else is a bit more bog standard, but at least all of them should be able to cope with the rough and tumble nature of the league. Give a Michael smith over Andreas Struna every day of the week month year decade. Seriously. Now we at least have a team which will fight on the park.

I think if this season we can build a nucleus of a team that can get familiar and set a standard then next season we can build on it

Think Smith looks decent and the young Citeh lad could have potential tbf

August Landmesser

correct barack,

Berra and Laff knew full well who they would be playing under and where still happy to sign. Both even having good words to say about him in the process.

The peterhead lose has flicked a switch in everyones head (including some usually level headed posters) and they have turned in to utter slavering arseholes, making things up about the management and team.

Before the Peterhead Lose the forum was in harmony at the fact we have had a decent preseason and played some decent football.

Seconded

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

aye but we woz promised a signing way beyond what we thought we'd get one poster was even told by the budge just you wait and see who we are signing

very underwhelming

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Very good signing Berra but with calamity king in goal and the OAP who's injured more than he's fit it makes it pointless.Added that the midfield is still neglected makes this transfer window shite in my very honest opinion.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Very good signing Berra but with calamity king in goal and the OAP who's injured more than he's fit it makes it pointless.Added that the midfield is still neglected makes this transfer window shite in my very honest opinion.

Oh. So far so good i think. Still 30 odd days left which is swell

Oh. So far so good i think. Still 30 odd days left which is swell

We could be out the cup and bottom of the league with 4 away games by end of August. Plenty of time to prepare. Doesn't feel like we've made the most of it...

rudi must stay

A player with 39 caps for his national team is never a pointless signing. He is a tremendous bit of a business and I think guarantees we will be a far stronger team this season. The OAP is worth the gamble too, it's his second injury in about 5 years and he has 107 caps for his national team. As for the keeper, would be wonderful if a top quality keeper came in but if not, then I'm sure Jack will have a decent season anyway. He's already improved his distribution from last season

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We could be out the cup and bottom of the league with 4 away games by end of August. Plenty of time to prepare. Doesn't feel like we've made the most of it...

We are trying very hard. We Don't want panic signings.

Money availability and desire to play for Hearts. You don't get the players you want from a catalogue or the showroom. Would be nice eh

A player with 39 caps for his national team is never a pointless signing. He is a tremendous bit of a business and I think guarantees we will be a far stronger team this season. The OAP is worth the gamble too, it's his second injury in about 5 years and he has 107 caps for his national team. As for the keeper, would be wonderful if a top quality keeper came in but if not, then I'm sure Jack will have a decent season anyway. He's already improved his distribution from last season

Hughes? Second injury is 5 years. He's played a dozen games as he's been out injured more than he's been in! He's finished, worth ?150k in terms of salary that could have been spent better elsewhere.

Salmon - move on.

Johnsen - Sell

Djuom - Sell

Walker - Sell

A modern day miracle if we got a fee for Johnson.

aye but we woz promised a signing way beyond what we thought we'd get one poster was even told by the budge just you wait and see who we are signing

very underwhelming

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Posted this last week.

Due to rising costs for the stand we have had to revisit our original targets and scale them back slightly

We are trying very hard. We Don't want panic signings.

Money availability and desire to play for Hearts. You don't get the players you want from a catalogue or the showroom. Would be nice eh

I appreciate that. Playing for Hearts shouldn't be a tough sell though. It's about attracting the right professional, the right character. I feel Randall is a bit of a panic signing. Cathro feeling the need to call out in first sentence that he's been chasing him from day 1 of joining hearts. Wait and see but I'm not holding out much hope.

John Findlay

Gutted we didn't trigger the release clauses in Neymar, Ronaldo, Messi, Bale and Suarez contracts.

No ambition at Hearts anymore.

David McCaig

I agree and if we are honest both CB and KL were complete bonuses.

Ordinarily we wouldn't have stood a chance of signing Berra but his enthusiasm to return home to be with his daughter meant that his actual market value went out the window... This is very much to CBs credit as a person and a Dad.

With regards to Lafferty, without McPhee's dual role and KLs need for first team starts in the run up to a World Cup year we wouldn't have stood a chance. In my opinion, he is a fantastic signing and I see him being another Rudi, where his scoring stats for us are completely different to his career elsewhere.

However, the rest of our scouting seems to be almost non-existent and our failure to sort GK and CM reeks of incompetence.

Archived