***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Lord Beni of Gorgie

If we got the 2015/16 Djoum back we'd immediately become a better prospect. I hope he knuckles down and realises that good performances for us will give him a much better chance of getting the move he wants. If he plays deeper as he does for Cameroon he could be a lot like Ian Black but without the bite. A spine of Souttar, Djoum and a new creative, attacking midfielder would (should) change our play dramatically.

Only a change in tempo will improve us. Painfully slow and inept. Not fit for purpose

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we got the 2015/16 Djoum back we'd immediately become a better prospect. I hope he knuckles down and realises that good performances for us will give him a much better chance of getting the move he wants. If he plays deeper as he does for Cameroon he could be a lot like Ian Black but without the bite. A spine of Souttar, Djoum and a new creative, attacking midfielder would (should) change our play dramatically.

A new creative Midfielder: is that not what Martin was signed for and meant to be?

I honestly think that the biggest issue we have with the midfield is that we don't have 2 players that 'get' each other, you can train and coach players all you want but sometimes players are just on the same wavelength. None of our midfielders seem to know what the person with the ball is going to do next, if they guess the ball is going short then it's long and vice versa. hopefully we can bring someone in that 'gets' one or two of the others and everything falls into place. 

That's the sort of things they work on in training or at least should be. Christ they must be crap if they can't work that out.

That's the sort of things they work on in training or at least should be. Christ they must be crap if they can't work that out.

That's the point I was making, you can't easily train players to be on the same wavelength. Do you think that the way Rudi and Hartley played together was down to a natural understanding of each others game or that they were trained to play together?

A new creative Midfielder: is that not what Martin was signed for and meant to be?

Martin needs to be starting I said it last Saturday aswell. Cathro is to busy trying to shoehorn people into the team as he thinks he is pep guardiola.

Martin is not the long term solution though we need somebody in the same mould but tougher.

Morgaro Gomis

Banderson tweeting about Connor Randall from Liverpool on loan.

Only played about 6 career games, presumably a loan but not sure I'd be that happy.

Darlo_Jambo

Only a change in tempo will improve us. Painfully slow and inept. Not fit for purpose

this.

we could bring in all the aforementioned players, but within weeks, they would be classed the same as kitchen, martin, djoum etc etc. for some reason we are laborious in our style of play. posters on here have even observed Cathro himself shouting at players on the park to speed play up.

are the players (midfielders anyway) all expecting someone else to step up and take the lead and play the pacier game by example????

Martin needs to be starting I said it last Saturday aswell. Cathro is to busy trying to shoehorn people into the team as he thinks he is pep guardiola.

Martin is not the long term solution though we need somebody in the same mould but tougher.

Martin needs punted. 

The squad still looks very confused and imbalanced to me, not to the extent it was but still is missing some pace and quality.

Berra and Lafferty are two unbelievable signings but I think we genuinely needed 4-5 players like that (Including them).

We are in desperate need of a no nonsense centre midfielder and a creative pacey player to complement him. I still think we need a winger because 3-4-3 could fall on it's @rse completely or even during a game to change it up.

And a solid GK, doesn't need to be a world beater just a solid enough GK.

so we can all see our midfield is crying out for better players yet management seems happy to plod along with what we got

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Martin needs punted. 

x2 - Painfully slow in a squad which already looks like it's towing a caravan

Agreed, its been a one pace team even under Neilsons tenure, but its worse with Cathro. When we have the ball we dont dictate any differing tempo, its always the same. Saturday was a prime example of it .... Lots of passing sideways, move it forward out wide then loft the ball in. No change up, no fired in crosses, little to nothing driving through the middle and all at a slow steady pace.

gorgieheart

Lee Erwin has negotiated his release from Leeds, clubs in Scotland and England interested....

Cant recall is he's any good, but if we ship Sammon up the M90 free's a space up... !

so we can all see our midfield is crying out for better players yet management seems happy to plod along with what we got

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

They've said repeatedly they're trying to get a midfielder.

Personally I'd have liked someone in before now but provided it happens in the next couple of weeks then it's not a disaster

Escobar PHM

They've said repeatedly they're trying to get a midfielder.

Personally I'd have liked someone in before now but provided it happens in the next couple of weeks then it's not a disaster

One wouldn't be enough. We need 2 at least and that's if Walker and Djoum are hanging around and interested in whats going on around them

Clerry Jambo

Lee Erwin has negotiated his release from Leeds, clubs in Scotland and England interested....

Cant recall is he's any good, but if we ship Sammon up the M90 free's a space up... !

Saints may well dump interest in Sammon for this guy!

Murray Davidson anyone?

Definitely take him a no nonsense midfielder, only problem is he's a bit injury prone.

gorgieheart

Saints may well dump interest in Sammon for this guy!

Lets hope not !

Like glass.

He'd step onto the pitch after a 2 year deal, do his knee...again, and the pitchforks would be out.

Agreed.Liked him before his injury but it was a bad one.

rudi must stay

Buaben was all set to join Ross County.

It didn't happen but the club had agreed he could go.

You can't have a club the size of Hearts relying on a player who's best option recently was to join Ross County.

We have Djoum and Martin but neither are the type we need. The type we need is the player who can play alongside these players.

Djoum, Cowie and Martin can all create things but we're missing the terrier in the Vidal type mentality who will allow them to go and do that.

Buaben is a terrier, we are needing another one away from home though

Billybuffjaw

Hamilton isn't and will never be good enough, new keeper is a priority. Surprised we haven't tried starting Martin ahead of prince, he's looked good when he's come on.

He suffered a wee bit in form last season but EVERY player can have that. Tere's no way you can say he won't be good enough and I'll happily go on record and say he'll go on to be a Scotland regular in a couple of years time.

Winston Ingram

Would expect the GK issue to be resolved, even short term, by next weekend. 

With regards elsewhere people are forgetting the financial difference that would be made by sale of Djoum, Walker, Johnsen (or any of the three) to what we do. Hardly any point signing players of a certain standard for immediate start of season if we could do a lot better within three weeks. 

Would expect the GK issue to be resolved, even short term, by next weekend. 

This just a guess or some sort of itk?

Billybuffjaw

yip. In midfield they have what we don't.

Athleticism, positivity, needle and toughness.

They have one wee shit in Shinnie who goes through tackles and drives forward in possession.

McLean is a bit more all round. They have a good mix.

I'm still gutted we didn't get Allan and can't quite wrap my head around him going to Dundee. We have to get in a quality midfielder and sharpish but I'm sure we will.

Holyrood_Hearts

The GK situation should've been sorted weeks ago. It's crazy going public that we were wanted a new 1st choice keeper only then having to go back to Jack for pre-season/league cup ties.

Gene Parmesan

Don't think he keeps fit.

I'd take Edwards at Partick tho

If we want someone to actually make a difference and elevate our team we'll need better than either of them.

Lee Erwin has negotiated his release from Leeds has options in Scotland apparently. Was always a good player for Motherwell

Clerry Jambo

Lee Erwin has negotiated his release from Leeds has options in Scotland apparently. Was always a good player for Motherwell

Hibs will be sniffing about incase Stokesy turns them down

Howdy Doody Jambo

Just spotted a tv truck parked outside the Wheatfield stand, maybe a press conference shortly

Malcolm Tucker

Just spotted a tv truck parked outside the Wheatfield stand, maybe a press conference shortly

That will most likely be a BT OB truck setting up for Saturday's game.

bringonthesevco

5 weeks left in the window

6 months we've needed a midfielder - confidence level high of fixing it in these 5 weeks ??

Last 16 match in the league cup (likely to be against a decent side as we'll probably be unseeded) less than 2 weeks away .....

Jambo 4 Ever

5 weeks left in the window

But season has already started

We've known about the keeper issue for months!!

No excuses to not have someone in by the Celtic game

Hibs will be sniffing about incase Stokesy turns them down

I'd be looking to punt Sammon and Johnsen. Erwin looked a fantastic talent, we'd be daft not to make contact.

rudi must stay

Probably there for the team photo

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Better players will hold on until the last week. Hearts really don't have any control over that.

So you can take a shite player for the sake of 4 games or wait and maybe get a quality player for 2 years.

When folk say 'creative midfielder' thats attacking right? Why not Haris Duljevi?, Celtic were interested in him in Jan, so obviously he has something about him. Admittedly I know nothing about him but the standard YouTube video makes him look decent. He's available since his contracts expired, so wouldn't be due a fee (unless theres a development fee since he's 23?).

Anyway, thats my suggestion. 

Howdy Doody Jambo

That will most likely be a BT OB truck setting up for Saturday's game.

Yeah, that's what it will be, burst my bubble

rudi must stay

When folk say 'creative midfielder' thats attacking right? Why not Haris Duljevi?, Celtic were interested in him in Jan, so obviously he has something about him. Admittedly I know nothing about him but the standard YouTube video makes him look decent. He's available since his contracts expired, so wouldn't be due a fee (unless theres a development fee since he's 23?).

Anyway, thats my suggestion. 

looks unlikely but you never know till you ask. 

Bazzas right boot

But season has already started

We've known about the keeper issue for months!!

No excuses to not have someone in by the Celtic game

Depends on who we're after.

We don't have millions of pounds to spend on players, that's why we wait until out of contracts and free transfer's are available.

Not rocket science.

BonningtonJambo

I seen somewhere today that lee erwin has already agreed to join a club in scotland but leeds are negotiating for a sell on fee

Bazzas right boot

Probably there for the team photo

Or the game that's on TV in two days.

I seen somewhere today that lee erwin has already agreed to join a club in scotland but leeds are negotiating for a sell on fee

Won't be us

mellors1874

Hearts should take a look at Josh Morris from Scunthorpe plays left or central midfield and is valued at 400k

25 year old and has his best years ahead

28 goals in 124 games so 1 in 4 roughly

August Landmesser

Better players will hold on until the last week. Hearts really don't have any control over that.

So you can take a shite player for the sake of 4 games or wait and maybe get a quality player for 2 years.

No! I say we panic buy! Surely Zibi is available, or Chic Charnley? We need someone NOWWWWWWW!!

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

Archived