Season ticket renewal thread ( merged )

bauld willie

FarmerTweedy

Cheers Boab. Forgetting 'atmosphere' for a moment, imagine we got to a position where we had 18,000 people regularly wanting to see us play at home. Should we tell some of them that they can't see a derby match because we should really give up the entire stand to Hibs?

If the demand is there, we should give it to our fans, our paying customers.

:spoton:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Boab. Forgetting 'atmosphere' for a moment, imagine we got to a position where we had 18,000 people regularly wanting to see us play at home. Should we tell some of them that they can't see a derby match because we should really give up the entire stand to Hibs?

100%

In that situation, yes, of course. It would be silly to argue against that logic but the Derby is a special case imo.

The old Tynecastle, post-segregation, never had that " problem" as the specifics of that meant they had to have the whole Gorgie End.

We are in a position now where we could easily cut Hibs to two sections if demand were to dictate that. All Hibs would do, if they wanted, would be to segregate the Dunbar End, as was done when the new East Stand was being built.

I suppose if they did do that now, with a full East Stand, it would make a difference but I would prefer the derby experience we've both grew up with....a full end of away fans, making the Edinburgh derby what it is !

Lucille's Thirsty

of course mate, not disagreeing with that. But will/can we get those numbers?

We'll see in time.

I just think a determined Hearts team full of spirit is the difference. There's many games we've kept 3500 away fans quiet.

I don't know if we can get those numbers but it would be quite sad if we didn't try to at least see?

Regarding you're position on a full roseburn of away fans,if we cannot sell out the three sections of the roseburn then of course give all the tickets to the old firm,for me it's just a matter of pride letting people know we have the support to do this what other club in Scotland outside the old firm will get 17k or 18k home fans when not giving the old firm a whole stand.

Rare.

Lucille's Thirsty

It's all about growing our fan base and club if we got 18k home sell out against the run of the mill games then we're growing,in fact we've been growing over the Budge era,we've sold out the roseburn many times which before Budge was the roseburn remained empty with almost a whole stand apart from away fans getting one section.

I remember thinking we've got so much untapped potential here.

It's all about growing our fan base and club if we got 18k home sell out against the run of the mill games then we're growing,in fact we've been growing over the Budge era,we've sold out the roseburn many times which before Budge was the roseburn remained empty with almost a whole stand apart from away fans getting one section.

I remember thinking we've got so much untapped potential here.

If we got these numbers for the likes of Motherwell then it's likely we'd be looking at increasing capacity (again). Personally don't think we can but a packed out Tynie would be nice to see.

scott herbertson

Think you'll find we regularly put tickets on sale 10/11 days in advance.

We put home seats up for sale at least a month in advance. My view is we should do that after the Aberdeen game for the Celtic and rangers games for the main, Gorgie and Wheatfield stands and advertise we will release only two sections of the Roseburn to the OF if we sell all but 50 of tickets. If we haven't achieved that two or three weeks before we reluctantly give them the rest.

scott herbertson

Think you'll find we regularly put tickets on sale 10/11 days in advance.

We put home seats up for sale at least a month in advance. My view is we should do that after the Aberdeen game for the Celtic and rangers games for the main, Gorgie and Wheatfield stands and advertise we will release only two sections of the Roseburn to the OF if we sell all but 50 of tickets. If we haven't achieved that two or three weeks before we reluctantly give them the rest.

Hackney Hearts

Looking at the history of our game, I suppose it must be a cultural thing. A demand to be entertained rather than an atmosphere regardless of opposition.

In a perfect world...or another culture maybe...our home support should always be louder than the away as three times the support should matter.

There's always been a problem in all-seater grounds where potentially noisy fans are mixed up with sweetie-paper rustlers. Equally, the concept of singing sections, or ultra sections, put some people off for various reasons. But perhaps if 3 or 4 sections (F & G? M & N?) had priority/exclusive sales to people who have a record of attending away matches, then maybe it would concentrate more like-minded people in one place? So for instance, those 3,800 people that make such a noise at Easter Road get a chance to replicate that at Tynecastle? I know people do gravitate towards certain sections to an extent already, I just wonder if a more official system would lead to a higher percentage of noise-makers. And maybe those sections could have a small 'loyalty discount' on price.

Lucille's Thirsty

If we got these numbers for the likes of Motherwell then it's likely we'd be looking at increasing capacity (again). Personally don't think we can but a packed out Tynie would be nice to see.

It depends what kind of season we're having if we're battling it out with Rangers and Aberdeen while holding our own it's achievable,a season like last and I don't believe we'll get over 18K for run of the mill games.

This.

That way our own fans get first option and they get what's left.

In that situation, yes, of course. It would be silly to argue against that logic but the Derby is a special case imo.

The old Tynecastle, post-segregation, never had that " problem" as the specifics of that meant they had to have the whole Gorgie End.

We are in a position now where we could easily cut Hibs to two sections if demand were to dictate that. All Hibs would do, if they wanted, would be to segregate the Dunbar End, as was done when the new East Stand was being built.

I suppose if they did do that now, with a full East Stand, it would make a difference but I would prefer the derby experience we've both grew up with....a full end of away fans, making the Edinburgh derby what it is !

They were only getting two sections if they'd come up through the play off the year we got promoted.

scott herbertson

I agree with you Boab, though I suspect we are in the minority and perhaps it is also an age thing to some extent. I was brought up on these games as the great rivalry, and you actually wanted them to be there when we triumphed so you could rub your mates noses in It when you got back to school or work.

John Findlay

I agree with you Boab, though I suspect we are in the minority and perhaps it is also an age thing to some extent. I was brought up on these games as the great rivalry, and you actually wanted them to be there when we triumphed so you could rub your mates noses in It when you got back to school or work.

Seconded as one who's first attendance at an Edinburgh derby was in 1967 aged 4.

Totally agree with this. 

im old school as well.I was an apprentice in leith with lots of hobos .Monday morning was great when we won,although then there was lots of 0-0 games.I assume all of us old gits remember those days.

50 years ago we wouldn't have gave these hobos the reek of our shit.Im an old man now and my opinion has never changed.We are the Gorgie Boys HHGH

They were only getting two sections if they'd come up through the play off the year we got promoted.

I hear that, mate, but, conversely, we have had many derbies at the new Tynecastle that have sold out i.e. we could have had more home fans in but gave Hibs the whole end. This season's arrangement is purely financial...I get that..but as a supporter, the derby is much more than that.

My perfect scenario for this season would be to restrict the old firm to two and see how that worked. I'm not the club treasurer however so respect the club's reasoning.

I hear that, mate, but, conversely, we have had many derbies at the new Tynecastle that have sold out i.e. we could have had more home fans in but gave Hibs the whole end. This season's arrangement is purely financial...I get that..but as a supporter, the derby is much more than that.

My perfect scenario for this season would be to restrict the old firm to two and see how that worked. I'm not the club treasurer however so respect the club's reasoning.

boab that has always been my view.2 sections for the OF endy story

boab that has always been my view.2 sections for the OF endy story

Exactly, Norrie. There's nothing spiteful about it either. They would still be getting a greater percentage than we do in both their grounds.

While the Hibs//Hearts allocations would be more or less identical with the new capacities.

Exactly, Norrie. There's nothing spiteful about it either. They would still be getting a greater percentage than we do in both their grounds.

While the Hibs//Hearts allocations would be more or less identical with the new capacities.

I think when we restricted them to 2 sections it has worked pretty well.They did this 'oh you need us,we will boycott the games'.I think it's great to have them contained in a corner.See how they like it !

scott herbertson

I think when we restricted them to 2 sections it has worked pretty well.They did this 'oh you need us,we will boycott the games'.I think it's great to have them contained in a corner.See how they like it !

Absolutely - they even stick us below their fans sometimes so they can gob on us and worse. Would be very happy if they did boycott us and we could take the whole ground

Footballfirst

No change to the total sales today, when compared to yesterday's figures, but there does seem to be a few people swapping sections.

Francis Albert

The experience I grew up with was not a full end of away fans. It was a non-segregated derby when both Tynecastle and Easter Road could accommodate, with room to spare, everyone who chose to turn up. A 20,000 capacity when the aggregate home attendances of the clubs is 30,000 or more raises different issues. For me Hearts fans should have priority at Tynecastle (and Hibs at Easter Road). Regular Hearts attendees at Tynecastle should not be locked out just so a small a minority of Hearts fans can enjoy going to Easter Road ... or enjoy the "atmosphere" generated by a Roseburn full of Hibees.

Jambof3tornado

No change to the total sales today, when compared to yesterday's figures, but there does seem to be a few people swapping sections.

Has there been much of an exodus from the wheatfield to the new stand?

Has there been much of an exodus from the wheatfield to the new stand?

Just thinking the same.... :)

Psychedelicropcircle

Noticed one on the end of my row in C is up for grabs, been a ST seat for yrs so I'm assuming he's ****ed off to the main stand.

Lucille's Thirsty

Easy decision on the Roseburn whilst Cathro is still in charge

:lol:

I was just about to post something along those lines mate.

Clerry Jambo

Just a wee bump incase FF can tell us of the hunners of tickets sold after Tuesday night!!

David McCaig

Just a wee bump incase FF can tell us of the hunners of tickets sold after Tuesday night!!

Sales might be going in reverse!!!

Radio Ga Ga

13,500 now confirmed sold and only 300 shy of last years total, on target to sell 14,000 (well if we bin dunder heid!!)

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Can't see us hitting 14k unless 2 cracking signings emerge. Dreaming

Clerry Jambo

Fine effort by the fans as usual, considering the shite served up in the last 18 months

kingantti1874

Fine effort by the fans as usual, considering the shite served up in the last 18 months

Wed have hit 15,000 if we had a competent manager..

Slowly slowly. 16 sold since the last count, a couple of days ago..

MtbtmLT.jpg

Clubs announced 13.5k. Is there some missing from your count FF?

Footballfirst

Clubs announced 13.5k. Is there some missing from your count FF?

Hospitality sales plus wheelchairs/carers

So we can gather from the club's announcement that there are around 230 ST holders in the disabled areas and hospitality?

kettering jam tart

Basic sums would suggest that if we sold 14,000 that would leave us 6,000 seats (I'm led to believe) available.

So, 3,600 from that would leave 2,400 for walk ups for cat A games, so I think it's safe to say, the old firm and Hibs will be getting the full roseburn stand next season

So we can gather from the club's announcement that there are around 230 ST holders in the disabled areas and hospitality?

yup around 300 hospitality and disabled assume FF is right with the figures.

heartsfc_fan

Pretty good going.

Our season ticket money taken in will be higher aswell this season due to higher prices.

Basic sums would suggest that if we sold 14,000 that would leave us 6,000 seats (I'm led to believe) available.

So, 3,600 from that would leave 2,400 for walk ups for cat A games, so I think it's safe to say, the old firm and Hibs will be getting the full roseburn stand next season

Not quite. Of the 2,400 or so that you mention, there's still a huge chunk of hospitality seats in that figure that's almost certain to go in the big games, there's a couple of chunk of seats near the front of the stand that aren't likely to be used for general sales (behind the technical areas) and then there's the directors box (not sure of the number of seats in there) and of course the remaining premium seats. In terms of 'ordinary' / non-hospitality / non-director / non-premium seating, I would imagine it would be more like 1,000 or so available.

Archived