Season ticket renewal thread ( merged )

bauld willie

johnking123

We need to win on Saturday. Then sign some more quality players in midfield and goalkeeper. Then we may see a bigger shift in tickets.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Footballfirst

If my figures are even close to accurate, then the Hospitality STs aren't selling very well.  There were 872 STs available between the five lounges and the private boxes based on the original announcement.  The club also said that to 80 seats in the "Private Members Lounge" had sold out.  That suggests that the other lounges and boxes have only sold a fraction of their capacity.

I don't know what the issue is, e.g. pricing, excess availability or the fact that the lounges won't actually be ready before January, but I'd suspect that the club will view the sales as disappointing.

The same issue is apparent in the Premium ST section where there are 250 seats, but only 68 have been sold.

King Of The Cat Cafe

If my figures are even close to accurate, then the Hospitality STs aren't selling very well.  There were 872 STs available between the five lounges and the private boxes based on the original announcement.  The club also said that to 80 seats in the "Private Members Lounge" had sold out.  That suggests that the other lounges and boxes have only sold a fraction of their capacity.

I don't know what the issue is, e.g. pricing, excess availability or the fact that the lounges won't actually be ready before January, but I'd suspect that the club will view the sales as disappointing.

The same issue is apparent in the Premium ST section where there are 250 seats, but only 68 have been sold.

If the Premium ST seats are not selling, let's tear down the police box and put the cops there. Just saying...

I don't think hospitality sounds great value for money right now - there's a very minor discount for the suites because they won't be ready until January. Around 11 games. Presume they'll get Gorgie hospitality until the suites are ready, but that's a trek to your seat and not quite what you're paying your money for.

Don't think I'd be in any hurry to buy a private box that ain't going to be ready til god knows when. Once it's all up and running it'll all sell out. I have faith.

I would imagine that a lot of folk who would buy seats for special occasions in the Premier section, (at Premier prices, circa ?40-?50) have already got season tickets throughout the ground.

I would imagine that a lot of folk who would buy seats for special occasions in the Premier section, (at Premier prices, circa ?40-?50) have already got season tickets throughout the ground.

That would be my thinking on this aswell.

Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, didn't we release the premium seats in the new stand after the rest of the seats?  

Basic sums would suggest that if we sold 14,000 that would leave us 6,000 seats (I'm led to believe) available.

Just use FF's dot count. He's got 2,200ish seats remaining around the stadium, plus the 400ish that we'd get in section K as well. So at the moment there's around 2,600 seats available for season tickets and/or walk ups for the Aberdeen match (they'll get 1,400 away tickets).

Our figure is also dependent on hospitality sales, so there may be more home seats if hospitality doesn't sell out, although the expecting would be that it will for category A matches.

kettering jam tart

Not quite. Of the 2,400 or so that you mention, there's still a huge chunk of hospitality seats in that figure that's almost certain to go in the big games, there's a couple of chunk of seats near the front of the stand that aren't likely to be used for general sales (behind the technical areas) and then there's the directors box (not sure of the number of seats in there) and of course the remaining premium seats. In terms of 'ordinary' / non-hospitality / non-director / non-premium seating, I would imagine it would be more like 1,000 or so available.

Some amount of hospitality seats we have then? I'm not picking fault, I'm no expert on certain aspects of the capacity of certain areas, but your saying 800-1,000 seats are going to be for hospitality sales?

I don't want them to have the roseburn either but I'm looking at the bigger picture and based on sales of 14,000 (if we sell that) wouldn't be enough to stop that happening

Footballfirst

Some amount of hospitality seats we have then? I'm not picking fault, I'm no expert on certain aspects of the capacity of certain areas, but your saying 800-1,000 seats are going to be for hospitality sales?

I don't want them to have the roseburn either but I'm looking at the bigger picture and based on sales of 14,000 (if we sell that) wouldn't be enough to stop that happening

There are 872 Hospitality STs available in the main stand, but also up to another 422 match day hospitality seats available in the Gorgie stand. 

There are 872 Hospitality STs available in the main stand, but also up to another 422 match day hospitality seats available in the Gorgie stand.

As previously said, that's a lot of hospitality.....

Anyone still waiting on new ST cards

Not got mine yet - e mail I received when I renewed stated I'd receive it "sometime in July"!

4 more sleeps .........

Jambof3tornado

Don't think I'd be in any hurry to buy a private box that ain't going to be ready til god knows when. Once it's all up and running it'll all sell out. I have faith.

This.

I don't actually care if the sectarians get the whole of the Roseburn. What I care about is that we thrash them. If they pay a premium for that privilege, that's good.

Mars plastic

Said before there are far too much hospitality options for a club our size.

I believe a couple of the lounges are already sold out. Take the second floor for instance, that'll be catering for up to 600 outwith match day. The club are building a facility to generate income where we couldn't do previously.

Seymour M Hersh

How much is there?

I'm pretty sure the club will be delighted to sell a couple of hundred season passes for hospitality. I imagine their strategy will go beyond Hearts supporters and to be drawing in big business' corporate entertainment budgets that will otherwise be spent at Ibrox, Parkhead or Murrayfield.

John mcCartney

I don't actually care if the sectarians get the whole of the Roseburn. What I care about is that we thrash them.

it figures....you on the other side of the world and this

Too many hospitality seats to me is the right thing to do. They are by far and away the most profitable seats and we need to think forwards about growth might be, not what demand is today. The stadium capacity is constrained by council health and safety rules so we need to maximise this side of things.

I think the gorgie suite holds 300-400 and that pretty much sold out every week in the past few years. I suspect the Gorgie suite will change to an informal bar type thing for normal punters once the new facilities are up and running (not ITK, just my guess).

As others have said, people/companies will more likely buy season tickets for hospitality once they see what they are getting for a whole season.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

If Premier seats dont sell lets put the charity tickets in there

I believe a couple of the lounges are already sold out. Take the second floor for instance, that'll be catering for up to 600 outwith match day. The club are building a facility to generate income where we couldn't do previously.

Agreed i didnt expect it to be completely sold out in all areas in our first season with a half built stand but we need this size going forward.

I don't actually care if the sectarians get the whole of the Roseburn. What I care about is that we thrash them. If they pay a premium for that privilege, that's good.

Its a bit diff for folk that are at Tynie and have to see and hear that first hand I have to say though...

Would KB ever be in a position to buy a table of ST in a lounge and raffle them off every week.

Seymour M Hersh

Isn't there 5 different packages?

I've no idea exactly how much there is and how many seats are put aside for the packages. As you said there is far too much hospitality I thought you'd know.

Seymour M Hersh

Would KB ever be in a position to buy a table of ST in a lounge and raffle them off every week.

Good idea maybe a whole table of 10 in the Sky thingy and auction off 2 seats at a time.

Would be nice to see the "internet hard men" face to face.

Absolute carnage..!

All roads lead to Gorgie

I have just said on the new stand thread that we should sell the seats that will have a full view once the police box goes as bronze category half STs or sell now and relocate the buyers until ready. Thoughts.

Would be nice to see the "internet hard men" face to face.

Absolute carnage..!

I've done JKB Hospitality before and a nicer bunch of people you couldn't meet. Great days out.

The people acting daft on here probably wouldn't be allowed into hospitality.

I've done JKB Hospitality before and a nicer bunch of people you couldn't meet. Great days out.

Obviously they only turn into the exorcist when they're on the keyboard..!

Obviously they only turn into the exorcist when they're on the keyboard..!

No, they are as decent on here as they are in person. Anyone acting the goat on here are probably kids or strange people like that green guy who has a problem with...well...everything.

Take every post with a pinch of salt....and definitely not seriously !

If my figures are even close to accurate, then the Hospitality STs aren't selling very well. There were 872 STs available between the five lounges and the private boxes based on the original announcement. The club also said that to 80 seats in the "Private Members Lounge" had sold out. That suggests that the other lounges and boxes have only sold a fraction of their capacity.

Will be lots of empty seats showing directly in front of tv cameras then

Not a great impression to show

Will be lots of empty seats showing directly in front of tv cameras then

Not a great impression to show

I would imagine the vast majority of hospitality sales are typically on a game by game basis anyway. I usually do it once per year and I'm sure there are many others in the same boat.

I would imagine the vast majority of hospitality sales are typically on a game by game basis anyway. I usually do it once per year and I'm sure there are many others in the same boat.

Yeah fair enough, good point

I would say that the largest proportion of hospitality will be done on a game by game basis I find there will be very few actively doing this for a full season upfront  so I dont actually think the hospitality sales are that bad.

I would say that the largest proportion of hospitality will be done on a game by game basis I find there will be very few actively doing this for a full season upfront so I dont actually think the hospitality sales are that bad.

The key point is, we now have room for growth in this high revenue space

...a bit disco

Indeed.

Pissheads to a man (or woman) though!

The key point is, we now have room for growth in this high revenue space

Absolutely growth in this area is much more profitable as you say than standard ST sales so its important to have that level of scope and will make a big difference.

davemclaren

We are always looking at ways to allow subscribed members the chance of subsidised hospitality and we recently bought two premier season tickets. We will continue to look for opportunities, particularly in the new stand, but a table of 10 for a whole season might be a stretch too far. :)

Italian Lambretta

Get rid of Cathro and we will easily get over the 14k. 

Keep him in place and Ann Budge can remain hopeful.

Sorry, diodn't see the earlier posts on this.

Seems the club are saying we have sold about 13.5k of season tickets and they are hopeful of achieving the target of 14k.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6086

Wed have hit 15,000 if we had a competent manager..

Unless we sign a big name manager I think this year it will make very little difference who we have running the team.  Even then I would be surprised if we saw an instant big jump in sales.  I am surprised how well tickets have sold this year and as a support we deserve a lot of credit for our continued support.

Get rid of Cathro and we will easily get over the 14k. 

Keep him in place and Ann Budge can remain hopeful.

No evidence to back this up. Our season ticket sales are going well.

kingantti1874

No evidence to back this up. Our season ticket sales are going well.

If we were not completely pish then we'd get more fans.. It's a safe assumption

Italian Lambretta

Yep you just need to look back to the 2005/06 season as proof

If we were not completely pish then we'd get more fans.. It's a safe assumption

Archived