Season ticket renewal thread ( merged )

bauld willie

davemclaren

Yep you just need to look back to the 2005/06 season as proof

Not convinced. Many reluctant purchasors would have factored in we would improve this season. A Burley type team would add more but regardless of manager that isn't happening.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we were not completely pish then we'd get more fans.. It's a safe assumption

If only it was that simple.... past history shows that even after success we don't get a massive jump in season ticket sales. If I remember correctly season ticket sales were stable after our 2006 and 15 cup wins.

Given we are close to record season ticket sales I would have thought it was a good news story not at all as some are trying to treat the figures

Another example of an issue being used to try and beat the club with by some

kingantti1874

Given we are close to record season ticket sales I would have thought it was a good news story not at all as some are trying to treat the figures

Another example of an issue being used to try and beat the club with by some

Not beating the club.. Just the manager who shouldn't be here. Because he's a clown who is at present holding us back

King Of The Cat Cafe

Given we are close to record season ticket sales I would have thought it was a good news story not at all as some are trying to treat the figuresAnother example of an issue being used to try and beat the club with by some

Agree with this.

At the outset I thought we would not match last season's total, purely from the position that people who bought STs to guarantee a seat last season and season before would be counting on a greater stadium capacity to pick up tickets game by game.

I will be happy to be proved wrong.

These are great figures when taking the circumstances into consideration.

While I don't think the ST sales will be improved a positive start to the league campaign would increase walk up sales.

A full or near full stadium for the Aberdeen game would likely keep the OF at two sections for their first visits to Tynecastle at least.

Bazzas right boot

Can you set aside your hatred of the old firm and answer the post.

Or, replace old firm with the Manchester teams or Liverpool/Everton,

What post?

The of, imo aren't ambassadors for anything to do with fans.

Hackney Hearts

If I remember correctly season ticket sales were stable after our 2006 and 15 cup wins.

Wasn't 2006 when we had our oft-quoted 20,000+ waiting list for STs? 

And did we really have 15 cup wins?? Don't think you've remembered that correctly, sadly.

After the 5-1 cup win in 2012, the club was about to go into meltdown - and figures held up remarkably well, considering our prospects for the season (we finished 10th).

And did we really have 15 cup wins?? Don't think you've remembered that correctly, sadly.

After the 5-1 cup win in 2012, the club was about to go into meltdown - and figures held up remarkably well, considering our prospects for the season (we finished 10th).

And what about 98?

The increases we have seen in crowds have a closer link to change in our ownership than success on the pitch.

There was never a waiting list for season tickets to bring the total up to 19k in my opinion. There was barely a straight word coming out of the club at that time.

kingantti1874

There was never a waiting list for season tickets to bring the total up to 19k in my opinion. There was barely a straight word coming out of the club at that time.

No idea how big the number was but I do know a few people who were on it.

Mid season July 2006 was the big waiting list

12,000 rings a bell

I say 16,000 by 2020

Lt. Aldo Raine

It was a deceptive statement by the club yesterday. The fact is, we have sold a few hundred less than last season and won't be getting near 14,000. It is already inevitable that this season is going to be just as big a disaster as the last. Thankfully, I stuck to my guns by not renewing as I saw this happening a mile off, but I do feel for those who have forked out for Budge and Levein's vanity project.

Be Interesting to see what, if any increase in STs occur if Mr cathro is replaced....

Aberdeen manager makes plea for his fans to buy more season tickets and makes reference to us and the FOH

Season ticket sales have already exceeded the 10,000 mark but McInnes has urged more to sign up to make Pittodrie a fortress and also boost his budget.

Aberdeen kick off the Premiership campaign with a home clash against Hamilton at Pittodrie on Sunday August 6.

Writing on the Aberdeen website, McInnes said: ?On Thursday night I felt our club was at its best, with the players and 20,000 Dons fans as one trying to get the result.

?When you see an atmosphere like that you want it to be more like that all the time.

?The atmosphere lifted our players, it intimidated the opposition and, of course it also generated additional income for the Club to enable me to reinvest in the football operation.

?Myself, the management team and the players are really excited about the new league campaign which promises to be highly competitive.

?For example, Hearts and Hibs fans have rallied to the cause with excellent season ticket sales, and in Hearts case their foundation donates significant additional investment.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/dons-boss-makes-personal-plea-fans-buy-season-tickets1/

bigis semiauskas

It was a deceptive statement by the club yesterday. The fact is, we have sold a few hundred less than last season and won't be getting near 14,000. It is already inevitable that this season is going to be just as big a disaster as the last. Thankfully, I stuck to my guns by not renewing as I saw this happening a mile off, but I do feel for those who have forked out for Budge and Levein's vanity project.

Well good for you and yer crystal baws,

Happy to buy my seas tic and looking forward to new season.

Clerry Jambo

Well good for you and yer crystal baws,

Happy to buy my seas tic and looking forward to new season.

Bwahahahahah

When I renewed my ST I was told I'd receive it sometime in July. Today's post has been delivered but no ST - help!

Mars plastic

Did you buy a season ticket to go and see the wee ginger rat and his team?

We_are_the_Hearts

2,203 seats left. Estimated sales 13,319, with 15 sold over the weekend.

Lucky for Hearts there isn't a refund option!

2,203 seats left. Estimated sales 13,319, with 15 sold over the weekend.

The 15 sold must have been before 3pm as I doubt very much any will be sold from now....

All roads lead to Gorgie

The 15 sold must have been before 3pm as I doubt very much any will be sold from now....

I think we can say now that the home end at most games will have around 14k, down from the 15k plus of the last few seasons. The walk up numbers are sure to take a hit with the clubs seemingly blind faith in a lame duck coach. Things will take an upturn after he is gone but STs will be static from now on.

gorgie rd eh11

Have we passed the 4000 mark yet?

I think we can say now that the home end at most games will have around 14k, down from the 15k plus of the last few seasons. The walk up numbers are sure to take a hit with the clubs seemingly blind faith in a lame duck coach. Things will take an upturn after he is gone but STs will be static from now on.

Agree, certainly not doing anything to entice the walk ups which will fluctuate based on our week to week performances.

The ongoing silence however shows the lack of respect Ann has for fans. Sacking him instantly after the game would not have been a knee jerk reaction however 48 hrs on and not a peep.

The Treasurer

Be Interesting to see what, if any increase in STs occur if Mr cathro is replaced....

A lot depends on who the new manager is.

Get it right and we could see record sales, install another untried rookie and sales will dry up.

I'm assuming you mean 14k , no not yet, but must be close

No, he means 4,000 as the poster he quoted made a comment way back saying he had heard we had only sold 4,000

Like a lot of fans I deliberated over renewing towards the end of last season, and I know a few who didn't bother because of atmoshere/uncertainty/Cathro etc. An inspired appointment might pay off with a few more tickets sold. An extra 500 tickets at around ?300 each would be a nice boost to the budget.

No, he means 4,000 as the poster he quoted made a comment way back saying he had heard we had only sold 4,000

Which we had. Rather than people trying to be smart arses and hanging on every word , if folk bothered to look at dates they'd see that 12 days between just releasing tickets and my comment on 4000 up to 10000. Am I surprised that we have sold nearly 14000? Absolutely but delighted at the same time. Hopefully more to follow with the appointment of someone that can unite players and fans alike.

Montgomery Brewster

Like a lot of fans I deliberated over renewing towards the end of last season, and I know a few who didn't bother because of atmoshere/uncertainty/Cathro etc. An inspired appointment might pay off with a few more tickets sold. An extra 500 tickets at around ?300 each would be a nice boost to the budget.

As someone who had a season ticket for years , then lapsed due to work commitments i have been sitting on the sidelines while the cathro project ran its course. As I can now attend Saturday games again I had decided to pay as you go meantime. This could change with a proper man manager who could squeeze every last bit of effort out of the team. Plus someone who could put those leith twats back in their box on a regular basis. Not important to everyone but it is to me.

A decent appointment and I would buy a season ticket like a shot. Another experiment and I will pay as you go.

Over to the board ....

Hopefully sales pick up after today's announcement. We will see.

I think a lot will depend on who they appoint as the next Coach. For example if it is Jon Daly then that will hardly be inspirational.

Even the average trolls must have been shaking their heads at that one.

Ah ok 4K. What a clown

Which we had. Rather than people trying to be smart arses and hanging on every word , if folk bothered to look at dates they'd see that 12 days between just releasing tickets and my comment on 4000 up to 10000. Am I surprised that we have sold nearly 14000? Absolutely but delighted at the same time. Hopefully more to follow with the appointment of someone that can unite players and fans alike.

Just admit that you were over negative ( as usual).Now you are trying to squirm out of it by manipulating the truth.

We shuld be in a really strong position. We do have several good players and the capacity to bring in more.

Let's hope the new manager can get the best out of the squad and have us competing in the top 4.

Mars plastic

Sales moving again slowly after Cathro's departure.  26 in the last 48 hours

7lUhbVE.jpg

Few more discerning punters in my section I see. Good lads.

...a bit disco

Few more discerning punters in my section I see. Good lads.

They're all from Wester Hailes and Broomhouse mars.

It just took them a bit longer to save up due to benefit sanctions, visit to the Big Hoose, hepatitis treatments, etc.

Saint Jambo

Finally got around to buying my ST today. Moved back to Scotland middle of last season, so first ST for a few years for me. Hopefully just in time for a glorious new era.

I've still not received my season ticket - was promised 'sometime in July' - anyone else not received theirs yet??

I've still not received my season ticket - was promised 'sometime in July' - anyone else not received theirs yet??

Just got mine today.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I haven't got ours through as yet either

Archived