Season ticket renewal thread ( merged )

bauld willie

Which is precisely why we need to allow as long as possible before making a decision.

I'm of the opinion we can easily sell 18,000 tickets for cat A games.

More than anything though, and I hope it's taken into account, a Roseburn full of tramps, orcs and Tim's is a massive boost for the respective opposition. Giving our team the best possible chance of achieving results and reducing the visiting clubs chances should be a priority over finances, imo.

A successful team on the park goes hand in hand with a successful bank balance.

Chicken or egg? A successful bank balance is more likely to result in a successful team. I'm confident that the club will act in the fans' best interests, but we're not a rich enough club to turn money away just to cut down on offensive smells.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's about steady progression. We have a good season and next year add to the season ticket tally. Hopefully in a few more season's, we will have a new problem. Selling put 90% of the stadium and thinking of increasing the wheatfield stand.

I'm sure when the Wheatfield first opened there was a story about how it had been designed to be easily expanded? I might be talking nonsense.

I'm still in the 20,000 is to small camp. A good Hearts team v Celtic, Hibs and Rangers could attract 25,000 IMO. However it's up to us to fill the stadiumm

When old firm games come round we could surely treat it on a game by game basis. Originally give them 2 sections and only sell hearts tickets in the 3 other stands, if walk up sales aren't high enough then other them the other 3 sections

Offer the tickets up to home fans first about a month in advance of the match and offer the remainder to away fans.

FarmerTweedy

Yep, it really is that simple.  If Hearts fans don't buy up the seats, then we'd be crazy not to sell them to the fans of other clubs who will buy them.  Empty seats are lost revenue.  If we want to be able to buy better players, or to offer existing players better contracts, we need to maximise income.  We can't afford to be precious about who sits on seats that our own support aren't buying.  What part of that do folk not get?

How do you know Hearts fans won't buy up the seats though? Just because we're not selling out the entire ground through season tickets, that doesn't mean we won't sell a few thousand individual match tickets for these games.

FarmerTweedy

What does that have to do with my post?  I'm talking about maximising revenue.  The only thing that will limit Roseburn allocation is for Hearts supporters to buy up season tickets.  If that doesn't happen, we need to turn to the next group of customers, who are away fans.

No, the next group of customers is Hearts fans that, for whatever reason, don't buy season tickets.

No, the next group of customers is Hearts fans that, for whatever reason, don't buy season tickets.

You should read the full thread. You've just made points that have already been made and discussed.

Francis Albert

You should read the full thread. You've just made points that have already been made and discussed.

You should read your post quoted two posts above. "The only thing that will limit Roseburn allocation is for Hearts supporters to buy up season tickets". Why don't walk up and one-off ticket purchases by Hearts fans count?

I would find it quite dispiriting if our club just meekly accepts that we spent all that time ,money,and effort just to give the OF fans a stand to themselves.

Some people might start to wonder about the club's ambition to grow our support.

I would find it quite dispiriting if our club just meekly accepts that we spent all that time ,money,and effort just to give the OF fans a stand to themselves.

Some people might start to wonder about the club's ambition to grow our support.

Could you please answer the question of what we are to do if we cannot fill those seats ?

The club has a stand to pay for...every empty seat means less money for the club but some seem to be happy for that to happen just to stop other teams fans attending a football match.

So if the club doesn't have the funds to invest in the team because of that kind of stance will those same people freely admit they are one of the reasons..I doubt it.

I want us to fill those stands with our fans but lets not cost the club money by taking a stance which will impact on the very club we support.

If we can sell them great but finance is important and especially now.

You should read your post quoted two posts above. "The only thing that will limit Roseburn allocation is for Hearts supporters to buy up season tickets". Why don't walk up and one-off ticket purchases by Hearts fans count?

Of course they'll count, but as I said earlier it's difficult to predict what that demand will be. The data from previous seasons would suggest that the additional seating will more than suffice for walk ups and one-off tickets. We know that away fans for Cat A games will sell out the Roseburn. If tickets go on sale early enough and there's an indication that the three stands aren't enough, then great. I'd love nothing more than to see the three stands and half the Roseburn filled with Hearts fans. If the club has the flexibility to do that within the timescales for providing away allocations, brilliant.

Mars plastic

I hope you're not in charge of finances in your house

Of course they'll count, but as I said earlier it's difficult to predict what that demand will be. The data from previous seasons would suggest that the additional seating will more than suffice for walk ups and one-off tickets. We know that away fans for Cat A games will sell out the Roseburn. If tickets go on sale early enough and there's an indication that the three stands aren't enough, then great. I'd love nothing more than to see the three stands and half the Roseburn filled with Hearts fans. If the club has the flexibility to do that within the timescales for providing away allocations, brilliant.

What timescales for away allocations ?

Didn't know there was such a thing.

They can get their normal allocation in plenty time then if it suits us they can get more at a later date.

FarmerTweedy

Sorry, I didn't realise only one person was allowed to make any particular point and nobody else who shared that view was then allowed to say anything.

FarmerTweedy

Could you please answer the question of what we are to do if we cannot fill those seats ?

The club has a stand to pay for...every empty seat means less money for the club but some seem to be happy for that to happen just to stop other teams fans attending a football match.

So if the club doesn't have the funds to invest in the team because of that kind of stance will those same people freely admit they are one of the reasons..I doubt it.

I want us to fill those stands with our fans but lets not cost the club money by taking a stance which will impact on the very club we support.

If we can sell them great but finance is important and especially now.

The answer to the question is quite simple: we have the rangers at home on 28th October. We then have celtic at home on 16th December. If we keep the rangers at two sections and end up with thousands of empty seats because our own fans don't buy the tickets, we then give celtic the whole stand. That's one game where we'd potentially miss out on a maximum of about ?70k of income. That's obviously a substantial sum, but the flip side of that is that if we find the demand is there from the home support, we don't lose out financially other than a fairly small amount for the segregation area and potentially make significantly more money through those fans being encouraged to go to more other games as well, and also potentially get better results through the effect of the much-diminished away support and bigger home support

Sorry, I didn't realise only one person was allowed to make any particular point and nobody else who shared that view was then allowed to say anything.

Tbh, you just made exactly the same point as I did. Did you expect a different answer?

Gorgie_Rules

All the club have to do is give them 2 and a half sections initially, if sales in the home end are going well then open up 2 to home fans, if not then they get the extra two. If home fans don't turn out then unfortunately they have to go to them, the upside being the cash we'll generate from it, and a potential 17,500+ average for the season.

The OF and Hibs games will be on TV so demand from the home support will be lower than some might think.

The club is correct to offer them the whole Roseburn.

However, if the team was flying high in the league at new year that would change things considerably.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

The club hasn't offered anyone anything so far.

What timescales for away allocations ?

Didn't know there was such a thing.

They can get their normal allocation in plenty time then if it suits us they can get more at a later date.

So there is a point in time where we have to decide whether or not offer the away team more tickets depending on home sales? Sounds a bit like a timescale.

The OF and Hibs games will be on TV so demand from the home support will be lower than some might think.

However, if the team was flying high in the league at new year that would change things considerably.

Stating the obvious here but how we are performing will determine how allocations are set.

Not just this season but every season. The club have said, in so many words, it will be flexible.

We can't really say much more to be honest but I can see both sides of this, but they are running a business.

...because you can't rely on them?

Stating the obvious here but how we are performing will determine how allocations are set.

Not just this season but every season. The club have said, in so many words, it will be flexible.

We can't really say much more to be honest but I can see both sides of this, but they are running a business.

Indeed, which is where my posts have been coming from.

We'd all love to maximise the number of Hearts fans at Tynecastle and outnumber the away fans by as high a ratio as we can.  I've perhaps been a little guilty of placing too much weight on season ticket holders, but they are a quantifiable factor.  Much harder to take important business decisions when trying to factor in unquantifiable factors.  We'd need to see a massive upturn in one-off purchases/walk-ups in order to require sections of the Roseburn in addition to the increased capacity of the other three stands.  Especially after the lacklustre (I'm being kind) end to the last season which won't have done anything to inspire a few thousand additional Hearts fans to suddenly start attending games.

Jambo, Goodbye

How does everyone feel about the pricing? Do you feel Hearts got it right or could a different set of prices have perhaps resulted in a higher uptake?

Give them the whole stand and look at over 20000 fans.You cannot do that if you split roseburn.The club needs 3-5 years to get the budget needed to bring in better players.I think top 6 will be hard to get this season when you look at managers record bottom on form since he took over time will tell

Francis Albert

We can test the demand before giving up the whole of the Roseburn. I think everyone agrees with that.

So there is a point in time where we have to decide whether or not offer the away team more tickets depending on home sales? Sounds a bit like a timescale.

Sorry ! I was thinking people were suggesting that the away team HAD to be told of their allocation well in advance to allow them to plan distribution to their fans.

All I was saying is that is their problem not ours.

Sorry ! I was thinking people were suggesting that the away team HAD to be told of their allocation well in advance to allow them to plan distribution to their fans.

I think it just highlights that it could be a difficult balancing act for the club, but we can totally agree that our own fans come first.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Fill 3 stands and let roseburn take care of it's self.Sheep game will tell get the fans in play good football win and they will come back problem solved

We can test the demand before giving up the whole of the Roseburn. I think everyone agrees with that.

I do.

If we get stung, it will only be the first time.

Mars plastic

And it'll be our problem when the away team ***** us about. Good one.

the jambo poet

And it'll be our problem when the away team ***** us about. Good one.

Positive post after positive post Mars. Why will the away team muck us around? We barely fill any away section bar Easter Rd. They can do as they please it's their ground however it will harm them more than it will us. With a good product on the pitch we could fill Tynecastle ourselves. 2 sections for any away team is reasonable

How does everyone feel about the pricing? Do you feel Hearts got it right or could a different set of prices have perhaps resulted in a higher uptake?

We should have re-assesed the whole stadium for me to create more silver areas that were lost due to the new stand.

The Wheatfield should have had all platinum sections( except either end 2 'bottom tier' sections being made silver) reduced to Gold except the centre section.

We should have re-assesed the whole stadium for me to create more silver areas that were lost due to the new stand.

The Wheatfield should have had all platinum sections( except either end 2 'bottom tier' sections being made silver) reduced to Gold except the centre section.

Run that last bit by me again !

Mars plastic

Positive post after positive post Mars. Why will the away team muck us around? We barely fill any away section bar Easter Rd. They can do as they please it's their ground however it will harm them more than it will us. With a good product on the pitch we could fill Tynecastle ourselves. 2 sections for any away team is reasonable

Treat others the way you wish to be treated.

.I think top 6 will be hard to get this season when you look at managers record bottom on form since he took over time will tell

bolt

FarmerTweedy

Tbh, you just made exactly the same point as I did. Did you expect a different answer?

I didn't realise it was obligatory to read to the very end of a thread before being permitted to make a comment!

Why the **** would I have been expecting a different answer?

It would have been fairly obvious to most folk with even half a brain that the post I replied to was likely to be the most up to date one that I'd read at that point. If my reply happened to echo one that someone else had made before me, I'd like to think most people would just note that I'd shared the same viewpoint as someone else rather than respond with a prickish whinge about me saying the same as someone else.

Should be KB motto in large letters...!

I'm in section E and see no good reason why I should suddenly get a better deal just because we've built a new stand. We're trying to maximise income and given that this season's sales are roughly on a par with last season's I'm not sure that price is a huge differentiator when it comes to deciding whether to renew or not.

Bazzas right boot

So you want FOH contributions to cover the lost revenue due to reduced away allocation?

Doesn't seem logical to me. Especially with the increased number of seats available.

Not lost revenue, potential revenue.

Big difference, to lose something you need to have it first.

If we get more 17k at these games we are actually making more money than before. The extra 3k is potentially more revenue.

We won't be losing no matter what with the new stand, all extra, just up to us how much.

Imo we should keep them to three sections.

Bazzas right boot

If the conservative club hears you say that, you'll be hunted down like a fox.

We will have likely already taken in more ST money than last year given the re-categorisation of zones, premium, hospitality etc. Even if it doesn't equate to numbers sold, Saying that we all want as much people through the gates as possible.

Mars plastic

If the conservative club hears you say that, you'll be hunted down like a fox.

No politics please, Tosh.

SwindonJambo

The OF are good at that. We should treat them how they treat us. 2 sections of the Roseburn stops them intimidating us in our own stadium, something we don't need. It's still more seats than they give us, in both cases.

Mars plastic

The OF are good at that. We should treat them how they treat us. 2 sections of the Roseburn stops them intimidating us in our own stadium, something we don't need. It's still more seats than they give us, in both cases.

We don't need more that 4 or 5 hundred seats for Parkhead.

SwindonJambo

We don't need more that 4 or 5 hundred seats for Parkhead.

Our ground, our rules. I personally think limiting them to 2 sections of the Roseburn has been a masterstroke on so many levels. They create enough of an atmosphere without taking the place over which happens when they get the whole stand and take an early lead. It would be fair to say that their away support attacts a large portion of their scumbag element which we don't need.

Mars plastic

Our ground, our rules. I personally think limiting them to 2 sections of the Roseburn has been a masterstroke on so many levels. They create enough of an atmosphere without taking the place over which happens when they get the whole stand and take an early lead. It would be fair to say that their away support attacts a large portion of their scumbag element which we don't need.

Aye, Celtic only beat us twice scoring 7 goals last season. Masterstroke.

SwindonJambo

Aye, Celtic only beat us twice scoring 7 goals last season. Masterstroke.

I'm not talking about results on the pitch. That's a completely different matter. Unfortunately, Celtic have a much better side than us and everyone else. At least only 1,500 of the ****s saw it, not the previous norm of 3,500.

I'm not talking about results on the pitch. That's a completely different matter. Unfortunately, Celtic have a much better side than us and everyone else. At least only 1,500 of the ****s saw it, not the previous norm of 3,500.

for what it's worth I agree with you.Ive posted similar before but plenty don't agree.I think they're wrong.But again it's all about opinions.

Archived